• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

vall03

LOKShadow has been running a OTK inner fire priest. Budget deck.

Yoggdruid is a gimmick and powerful. You'll need Fangral and the titular Yogg. Or if you want more gimmick, put in Malygos. Malygos also works for rogues. Or go full N'zoth deathrattle. Priests... their whole class is a gimmick. If you want to win, go C'thun or dragons. If you want to go full gimmick, make a Divine Spirit + Inner Fire deck.

Thanks! I've been checking out some Inner Fire Priest deck and they're mostly cheap, slapped together a deck and it somehow worked, but I think there's still a lot of room for improvement. For the Druid deck, I can't afford all those legendaries unfortunately.

Achtius

Hi GAF,

So I am sort of new to this game (started a month ago), can anyone help me with my druid deck? I don't have much dust to craft (90 to be exact). Is there any recommendation or advices on which card I should work toward and which one are to be replaced? Any opinion would be much appreciated.

I read some guide online but most of them are too expensive to craft. I feel like I am stuck between C'thun Druid and Token(?) Druid.

druid_zpsbasygych.png

edit: resized the picture

Dahbomb

You want to pick one of the archetypes and work towards that. It's too much of a hybrid right.

Ditch Keeper of the Grove and Mark of Nature, double up on Azure Drake. All Cthun decks need double Disciple of Cthun and a single Twin Emperor (if you plan to keep the Cthun archetype).

Achtius

Thanks. Just replaced Mark of Nature with Azure Drake. I'll eventually replace Keeper of the Grove with Disciple of Cthun when I get another copy. Right now I replaced it with acidic swamp ooze

Zoggy

control/cthun warrior is fun to play but horrible to watch.

there is something really satisfying about tank up pass.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just figured out the best deck for this brawl.

Hunter. Double up on Wisp, Murloc Tinyfin, and Target Dummy. Mulligan agressively for them. Concede if you dont get Wisp or Tinyfin.

Turn 1: Leper Gnome (If you have coin, save it for turn 3)
Turn 2: Doomsayer
Turn 3: Hobgoblin + Wisp/Tinyfin + Coin Leper Gnome if you have it. Protect with Target Dummy if you can.
Turn 4: Twilight Summoner (gets buffed by Hobgoblin)
Turn 5: Princess Huhuran (get a free 5/5)
Turn 6: Highmane
Turn 7: Dr. Boom
Turn 8: Call of the Wild
Turn 9: Whatever

This beats out Secret Paladin and Astral Communion Druid.

bjaelke

Hi GAF,

So I am sort of new to this game (started a month ago), can anyone help me with my druid deck? I don't have much dust to craft (90 to be exact). Is there any recommendation or advices on which card I should work toward and which one are to be replaced? Any opinion would be much appreciated.

I read some guide online but most of them are too expensive to craft. I feel like I am stuck between C'thun Druid and Token(?) Druid.

edit: resized the picture

Replace Mark of Nature, Keeper of the Groove, Soul of the Forest, Power of the Wild and Savage Roar with C'Thun's Chosen (2), Azure Drake, Disciple of C'Thun, Nourish, Mulch and Twin Emperor (alternatively Ancient of War). Tried to list them after importance/cost. As Dahbomb pointed out you should ideally aim to build a deck with more synergy. Half the deck is trying to flood the board with tokens (Violet Teacher) whereas the C'Thun cards are built around strong minions with a powerful finisher. By having both you're essentially handicapping yourself because both archtypes rely on some essential cards to function and you're less likely to see those in your deck.

ZealousD

I just figured out the best deck for this brawl.

Hunter. Double up on Wisp, Murloc Tinyfin, and Target Dummy. Mulligan agressively for them. Concede if you dont get Wisp or Tinyfin.

Turn 1: Leper Gnome (If you have coin, save it for turn 3)
Turn 2: Doomsayer
Turn 3: Hobgoblin + Wisp/Tinyfin + Coin Leper Gnome if you have it. Protect with Target Dummy if you can.
Turn 4: Twilight Summoner (gets buffed by Hobgoblin)
Turn 5: Princess Huhuran (get a free 5/5)
Turn 6: Highmane
Turn 7: Dr. Boom
Turn 8: Call of the Wild
Turn 9: Whatever

This beats out Secret Paladin and Astral Communion Druid.

So I went on a 30 win streak with this deck. If I had a single Wisp or Tinyfin in my opening hand, I never lost.

Something finally did me in, and that was an Alarm-o-bot that pulled a Tirion that returned via Redemption. Don't think you can do anything about an opener that insane.

manhack

New to Hearthstone and got some Google Play money to spend on card packs - which ones are best for a new player?

Typically start with classic packs. I wouldn't buy expansion card packs until you start feeling like you are getting too many duplicates.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can you concede to tank your casual MMR? I feel there's no way I'll get Priest wins for quests unless I'm up against the worst of the worst.

fertygo

Can you concede to tank your casual MMR? I feel there's no way I'll get Priest wins for quests unless I'm up against the worst of the worst.

can you just go to wild ranked, your rank probably tank low enough to crush innocent soul

that what I usually does

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Don't they stop giving you gold from winning three in a row in casual if you insta concede enough times in a row? I thought i read that somewhere.

Zoggy

Gave in and just searched the net for a deck, spent all disenchantment powder I had on making it and managed to finally get some wins in, got to Rank 16 which is a bloody great feat considering. Never even seen the tiny rank portraits you get after 19.

Then I've been on a loosing streak and I'm back to rank 20.
Lol it's ok man. Dusting a whole bunch of stuff to get that one deck then losing is a rite of passage.

Now you know dusting when you don't have a lot of cards is dumb.

Keasar

Lol it's ok man. Dusting a whole bunch of stuff to get that one deck then losing is a rite of passage.

Now you know dusting when you don't have a lot of cards is dumb.

Luckily it was dust I got from trashing all my Naxxramas and Gnomes and Goblin cards since they are now worthless. So not a total loss.

Edit: Fuck Mages and fuck C'thun players so fucking much and fuck that Druid I just met who won on turn 4 by bringing in tons of cunting 1/1 treants every round and some bullshit 3/2 druid I couldn't get rid of follow by a fucking +2 attack to everyone card. Fucking RNG dick.

Apathy

can this game fuck off with RNG and priests stealing my shit.

out of 22 cards oh he just happens to get the only card i have that can deal with weapons, right, that's a thing right? 1 of 22 cards why not. it's beyond stupid

manhack

Gave in and just searched the net for a deck, spent all disenchantment powder I had on making it and managed to finally get some wins in, got to Rank 16 which is a bloody great feat considering. Never even seen the tiny rank portraits you get after 19.

Then I've been on a loosing streak and I'm back to rank 20.

Yeah aggro paladin isn't really a top tier deck, but it is decent for just starting out. Sadly the meta is hyper teched against token style decks: Druid, Mage, Warrior and even shaman running multiple AoE's can be a real pain in the ass.

Dahbomb

Constructed stats on advantage going first or having the coin.

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/going-first-vs-coin-better/

Interesting stuff. Way more balanced than arena it seems. More reliable weapons and spells is likely the reason i suppose.

Most aggressive decks still really want to go first.
The average is closer to 6% when you take into account relevant strong decks. Midrange Hunter, Aggro Shaman, Midrange Shaman, Tempo Warrior, Zoolock etc. all have 6% or above advantage going first.

Though still this is MUCH better than what's happening in Arena at the moment.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's crazy how streaky this game can be. Lost like 6 in a row to drop to rank 16, win 6 in a row to get back up to 14.

I just wish it had native stat tracking. I basically only play on iPad and it would be nice to know winrates.

manhack

It's crazy how streaky this game can be. Lost like 6 in a row to drop to rank 16, win 6 in a row to get back up to 14.

I just wish it had native stat tracking. I basically only play on iPad and it would be nice to know winrates.

Yeah, when I first hit legend I was rank 1 and 4 stars and then went all the way back to rank 6. It was so freaking depressing. Eventually I clawed my way to legend.

Turns out the huge win streaks and loss streaks are a pretty natural part of the game.

manhack

Here's a clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/savjz/HomelyNarwhalOSfrog

Waiting for the complete game to be uploaded to YouTube. It's truly an all-timer. Savjz himself said it was the best game he's ever played.

My second opponent today was playing a slow ass Shaman. I LOL'd when he dropped an Elise Starseeker. He used the Golden Monkey on turn 8, so I wound up beating him through better board control.

It is amazing how often I am up against streamer decks while they are live.

patchday

ranked-- seeing a plethora of miracle/nzoth rogue back-to-back

edit: much better now- guess ranked is super nasty early in the mornings.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
LOKShadow might be my favorite streamer. He plays really weird interesting decks and plays them really well. I can't properly pilot any of his decks but i like trying.

Hotform is pretty good too. He handles his idiot chat pretty well.

ZealousD

Hey guys! It's card re-review time! PUTTING FOLKS ON BLAST

Dahbomb and I will be going back to examine our opinions as well as those of the pros for the Whispers of the Old Gods cards.

You can watch the stream on my twitch channel!
https://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon

We'll be starting in just a few minutes. We're going to go through most of the set, and remember that this ALSO includes the opinions of fellow gaffers on the most underrated and overrated cards!

bjaelke

LOKShadow might be my favorite streamer. He plays really weird interesting decks and plays them really well. I can't properly pilot any of his decks but i like trying.

Just a shame Hotform is Canadian.

CoolOff

6 in a row of this boring Midrange Hunter deck. It's not OP so I'm not really salty about it, but man... do something more creative please.

Levi

Banned

Hotform is an asshole. He missed lethal, got called out, spent ten minutes calling his chat idiots, and then went on reddit and spewed even more hate at his audience.

https://m.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/...ort=top&utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

He deleted all his comments so you can't get the full picture but that was the day I went from a fan and viewer to someone who wouldn't watch his stream if it was the only one on twitch.

Asbel

Same here. LOKs patron OTK deck is keeping me from being bored of this game even though I'm terrible at it. He pulled off some amazing comebacks with that deck and makes plays I never would have considered.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Same here. LOKs patron OTK deck is keeping me from being bored of this game even though I'm terrible at it. He pulled off some amazing comebacks with that deck and makes plays I never would have considered.

I just started watching a vod where he was playing that deck, with patrons, worgens, faceless manipulator, wild pyros etc. He ended up killing a Cthun warrior from 45 HP. Very fun to watch.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
FUCK YOU, HEARTHSTONE!

SUCK IT!

I've been losing all goddamn weekend. Would be surprised if my win percentage over the last two days was 30 percent.

Man last two games in arena I've seen the biggest misplays of my life. First guy has a 12/11, hunter power and glaivezooka. I'm at 12 hp, and he trades. And then this second guy played like I do after I drink a 6 pack, he hit my ancestral spirit earth elemental with his 8/8, and then hexed it?

ZealousD

We're taking an hour break on the stream. We'll be back shortly.

Edit: starting back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom