• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to enjoy beating decks with crafted cards with my all basic card decks.

Then, I was on the receiving end of a beating from an all basic Rogue deck in Standard.

Hmmm pulled a gold Leroy, normally I dust all the high value golds if I already have it but I don't really have anything I want imminently so idk might sit on it for a while. Only old god I want now is yogg but prob with him is if I craft him I ded need to craft at least lock and load which I have none of, and prob other spells I'm missing, so he's kind of a slippery slope. Paletress looks fun too, but all of my priests are nzoth decks atm so idk if it'd even be worth fitting into them

Paches

The NEW accounts get the pack, not your main account.

Nope, your main gets one too when your recruit hits 20. Did this yesterday. Also Savjz just got 4 packs after relogging back in from having viewers do duplicate recruit accounts for him, hah.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You know, i kind of feel like I have more fun playing Hearthstone in casual than in ranked

is it just me?

wiibomb

Nope, your main gets one too when your recruit hits 20. Did this yesterday. Also Savjz just got 4 packs after relogging back in from having viewers do duplicate recruit accounts for him, hah.

I didn't get one, the new account got one, but not my main one.

Also, does anyone have the android app on mobile? It is not letting me log in because of the update, but since I installed the game from amazon underground, I don't see the update there

Xanathus

I did it with an alt and did not get a pack on my main account. You might be mistaken or it could have been a bug yesterday?

Levi

Banned
I did it with an alt and did not get a pack on my main account. You might be mistaken or it could have been a bug yesterday?

When your first recruit hits 20, you get the hero. The second through fifth, you get a pack.

Edit: is there a better feeling than Harrisoning a Doomhammer for 6 cards and not overdrawing?

This aggro shaman thought leaving Brann up so he could get four extra face damage was fine. My now 30 attack Cthun cleared his weak board and killed him from 23 health.

Oh, and don't think I didn't notice that I switched to Druid to beat hunter and I get Shaman as an opponent, breaking a four game Hunter only streak.

Levi

Banned
PSA: Update your Track-O-Bot. I went on to screenshot my string of hunters but the Hearthstone update broke compatibility so none of my matches since then were tracked. ;(

bjaelke

CnP0cXxWcAAJiwd.jpg

Not sure if there's any truth in it.

---

Hahahah, played Yogg against a Murloc Paladin and he casted Anything for perfect lethal :lol

patchday

had a really good morning. my budget zoo deck got a winning streak and climbed several levels. Not bad for a guy that plays casually. I usually log on every other day to play enough quests to earn a pack & then immediately log right off.

finally ending up losing to another zoo deck after gaining 3 ranks

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Nvm got it. To update the amazon version you have to go to the amazon store app, my apps, updates, then refresh the updates list to get the update available

pretty dumb way to go about things tbh

bjaelke

Sinn left out key information about why this is even halfway credible.

Two days ago, a Chinese poster 见崎_鸣 posted on tieba (Chinese reddit) that a new shaman skin was going to be released, and that it would be Morgl.

近期会有傻馒新皮肤,大家来猜一猜是哪个人物 还有获取方式

There will be a new Shaman skin soon, anybody wants to guess who? ;) and how do you think you can obtain it?

麻蛋 不放干货没人看了 摩戈尔 招募。 粑粑闪了

Fuck, nobody wants to guess if you don't reveal anything. It's Morgl. Bye.

It didn't get much attention then, but naturally a lot of people bumped the post up today.

From there, he said that the upcoming adventure would be a WoW raid that has 3 Chinese characters.

下一个冒险是三个字的团队副本

The next adventure is a raid with 3 characters :)

Here are all the thus-far released WoW raids that have 3 Chinese characters (some of the ones Sinn posted are incorrect, the full names are not 3 characters):

Karazhan 卡拉赞

Ulduaar 奥度尔

Terrace of Endless Spring 永春台

Highmaul 悬槌堡

Karazhan is, of course, the speculated front runner currently for various reasons.
from reddit

Levi

Banned
Thanks Levi for the 80 gold and a fun game! Dat Yogg.

Here's the deck I was trying.. it's not optimized at all but a rough draft at bringing back one of my favorite archetypes, control mage.

It's kind of my side project right now, but I'd really love to see a Control Mage that isn't a freakin' Reno deck. I'm just sick of Mage being a burn/aggro/tempo class. Their hero power and removal spells are perfectly suited for control, and I'm probably not the guy to crack that nut but I enjoy trying.

My other idea was an N'zoth Dragon Mage, but I couldn't figure out how to fit in the stall cards (Doomsayer / Nova / Ice Block), the dragon package, the core Mage spells, and enough death rattles to make N'Zoth worth it.

Dahbomb

I read that as the next adventure having 3 Chinese characters in it kinda like League of Explorers had 4 explorer characters in it... lol.

It's going to be hard for them to top LoE in terms of game impact. Look at all the game changing cards they introduced in LoE:

Reno Jackson
Finley
Brann
Elise
Ethereal Conjuror
Raven Idol
Dark Peddler
Excavated Evil
Entomb
Tomb Pillaged
Mounted Raptor
Unearthed Raptor
Uldaman
Trogg

Etc

Xanathus

When your first recruit hits 20, you get the hero. The second through fifth, you get a pack.

Edit: is there a better feeling than Harrisoning a Doomhammer for 6 cards and not overdrawing?

This aggro shaman thought leaving Brann up so he could get four extra face damage was fine. My now 30 attack Cthun cleared his weak board and killed him from 23 health.

Oh, and don't think I didn't notice that I switched to Druid to beat hunter and I get Shaman as an opponent, breaking a four game Hunter only streak.

Ah OK that makes sense. Definitely not gonna bother grinding again for just a pack.

Nvm got it. To update the amazon version you have to go to the amazon store app, my apps, updates, then refresh the updates list to get the update available

pretty dumb way to go about things tbh

My Amazon app just pushes a notification that says it has updates available. You might want to check and see if you have notifications disabled for that app.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Eurogamer: Just to come back to Blackrock Mountain for a moment, was Karazhan ever on the table? It's a very popular dungeon, and the chatter before last week's announcement was that it would be the next Adventure.

Eric Dodds, Hearthstone Game Director: We certainly talked a lot about Karazhan, and I would be surprised if we didn't do it at some point in the future. It just felt like for all those other reasons, Blackrock Mountain was a better fit for this moment. Certainly I can tell you personally...I can't even tell you how many hours I've spent running through Karazhan. It's certainly a Warcraft dungeon that I love.

http://hearthstone.metabomb.net/news/hearthstone-interview-eric-dodds

Levi

Banned
I don't know Wow lore except for what I've picked up in Hearthstone and what was in the movie. What kind of stuff can we expect if the adventure is Karazhan?

wiibomb

ugh... I haven't been able to update my hearthstone app.. the amazon underground shows no update and in the updates tab: "You have no updates"

G.ZZZ

Copy pasterino from another thread.

If someone's interested, a stream of the game LSV's working on, Eternal, is gonna be streamed by LSV himself 3 hours from now:

https://twitter.com/lsv/status/753250576108883968?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

The game play a lot like magic (it even has drafts, counterspells, 5 factions, lands, etc...), and it's really well done imho, having a draft mode already in closed beta, many cards including multicolored cards, support for tablets, good graphics etc...

What's the highest rank you've obtained in a f2p account?

- Within 24hrs of actual play time on this new account I'm only focusing on getting Hunter until I hit gold then moving on another class character. But I'm ATM ranked 19 and climbing.

If it's not Karazhan, I would guess the next Adventure to be Ulduaar. It has a really strong connection to the Old Gods since that is where Yogg-Saron is imprisoned. It does make me wonder if they're going to add more to that set of cards.

Both would be sweet though, they're some of my favorite raids.

Htown

- Within 24hrs of actual play time on this new account I'm only focusing on getting Hunter until I hit gold then moving on another class character. But I'm ATM ranked 19 and climbing.

I mean, I still haven't spent anything on Hearthstone, and I've gotten up to rank 9 I think

Legend.

Technically I spent a few bucks but it's a f2p account imo. I mainly wanted that golden legendary you got as a promo that I've never used.

Apathy

this whole brawl is stupid as fuck.

"oh hey, I noticed you're ahead first, heres a bunch of spells from your own minions to fuck you over"

hey i know my opponent has sacred trial as a secret, i have 1 minion, i decided to play a minion of my own, it decides to cast living roots and spawn the saplings. oh but hey, this game decides that the creature i played was the 4th one and kills it instead of a sapling. yup, amazing coding

Hycran

Banned

"oh hey, I noticed you're ahead first, heres a bunch of spells from your own minions to fuck you over"

hey i know my opponent has sacred trial as a secret, i have 1 minion, i decided to play a minion of my own, it decides to cast living roots and spawn the saplings. oh but hey, this game decides that the creature i played was the 4th one and kills it instead of a sapling. yup, amazing coding

It's because the card specifically says "played" not summoned. You can have a full board of minions that will never trigger sacred trial.

bjaelke

A battlecry triggers before the minion enters play when it comes to secrets (think Kezan Mystic vs Mirror Entity). So the two saplings were technically in play despite the graphic not showing it.

Levi

Banned

Same thing happens if you play Dr. Boom against Sacred Trial. Boom dies, not the bots.

And while it sucks that it happened to you, that's freakin' hilarious that living roots, of all spells, was the one cast in that situation.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

That behavior is consistent with the game's rules. You didn't play the saplings, they were summoned. And the "after you play" conditions trigger after battlecries. So after the battlecry resolved, you had four minions on board, and so it killed the one you played.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
A battlecry triggers before the minion enters play when it comes to secrets (think Kezan Mystic vs Mirror Entity). So the two saplings were technically in play despite the graphic not showing it.

Sort of accurate. Minions always enter play first. The difference is between "whenever you play" vs "after you play". "Whenever you play" triggers before battlecries. "After you play" triggers after battlecries. Secrets like Sacred Trial say "after". Blizzard could print a secret that says "whenever" but they haven't yet.

Htown

it still does not make sense as it was the second one on the board

if it was a minion in your hand, the trap will trigger. if it was a spell, it won't.

pretty straightforward, it depends on what you play

this is the same reason that counterspell doesn't go off on any of the random spells in the brawl - what you played from your hand was a minion, not a spell.

Apathy

Same thing happens if you play Dr. Boom against Sacred Trial. Boom dies, not the bots.

And while it sucks that it happened to you, that's freakin' hilarious that living roots, of all spells, was the one cast in that situation.

yeah not funny, possibly one of the worst brawls they have every come up with. It boggles my mind how bad they fucking are at making brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom