• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

i mostly play wild since i've been playing HS for a couple years and have a good lot of cards, but yeah zoth is insane when you get to drop him there. I guess if you play standard i could see him being significantly weaker without sludge and belcher, still sylvanas and cairne alone make for an absolutely berserk turn even if that's all you get. add tirion to that trio and LOLGG
Good luck surviving until then in standard. 😂

jgminto

Holy shit, I just opened a Sylvanas on the account I made for Morgl. I wish I had that kind of luck when I first started playing.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Are there any EU players that want to trade referral links for the murloc hero?

PM me plzkthx :eek:

Good luck surviving until then in standard. 😂

i only play standard for certain class quests but, nzoth pally isn't a standard thing? light rag, forbidden healing, MC, i feel like that has to have some staying power? of course i play it in wild where i get sludges and all sorts of filthy, disgusting stuff lol but i'm suprised that isn't a leggy deck even in standard

Cipherr

This brawl....

Makes me loathe the stupid spells they put in that eat the rest of your unused mana crystals in exchange for an effect. Everytime I get ahead, the first minion I play eats all my remaining mana to summon some 1/1s or some crap

Miletius

i only play standard for certain class quests but, nzoth pally isn't a standard thing? light rag, forbidden healing, MC, i feel like that has to have some staying power? of course i play it in wild where i get sludges and all sorts of filthy, disgusting stuff lol but i'm suprised that isn't a leggy deck even in standard

N'zoth Paladin was more popular at the start of Old Gods, but it seems like it's slowly faded off in popularity. I'd say I see more aggro Paladins than N'zoth ones, but both are pretty rare.

Zoggy

the annoying thing in these rando brawls is the morons who are nearly roping every turn, like they're freeze mages calculating lethal 5 turns ahead

Fishlake

Brawl was fun for a change. Took me five games to win my first time but then I had a win streak through my quests.

I was at 900 gold so I got a couple packs and all of them including the brawl pack were 1 rare/4 common.

Sande

I guess I could have enjoyed this brawl for the a couple of games. With the 5 win quest though? Fuck this.

This is the closest to a straight up coin flip the brawl has been so far. (Funny that the last time I posted in this thread was to complain about how RNG based the brawl was that week.)

I guess I could have enjoyed this brawl for the a couple of games. With the 5 win quest though? Fuck this.

This is the closest to a straight up coin flip the brawl has been so far. (Funny that the last time I posted in this thread was to complain about how RNG based the brawl was that week.)

Each coin flip technically favors you by a decent margin. So if you flip the coin enough times, you should be ahead on average. I think it's actually a lot of fun, but you gotta embrace the absurdity.

KuroNeeko

Never thought I'd ask this, but anyone have any suggestions for decks / classes that might be enjoyable for someone who usually mains Control Priest? The only match-up I can consistently win is against Control Warrior and those matches take like 20 minutes to finish.

I enjoy some of the cards for Priest, but there are so many games where I just draw-pass. So many games where I have a hand full of answers to the wrong questions.

I somewhat enjoy Rogue (N'zoth), Mage (Tempo), and Shaman (Dragon). I did play some Anyfin for a bit this season, but it ultimately underperformed.

This is the second season where I've been stuck in rank 15+ and I think Priest is the main reason why. I even experimented with spell-based Yogg Priest, Murloc Priest, and aggro Priest. Guess I can just try Dragon again.

Never thought I'd ask this, but anyone have any suggestions for decks / classes that might be enjoyable for someone who usually mains Control Priest?

Before Standard, I had a Shadow Form priest deck that I enjoyed the hell out of. It really just consisted of having good minions that traded well early game (EG: Gilbin Stalker + Velen's Chosen / Dark Cultist / etc), then using Mind Spike / Shatter with inspire minions late game. I think Kibler played something like it as well. I'll be honest though, it's hard for me to remember exactly, but it was one of my favorite decks to play too. You could keep up with faster decks with the high quality minions, stay alive with the healing spells, then have Shadow Form to win the late game.

Thinking more about it, all it really does is make me miss Vol'Jin. According to some here though, you're better off playing Priest in Wild, where they kept some of their best cards.

Never thought I'd ask this, but anyone have any suggestions for decks / classes that might be enjoyable for someone who usually mains Control Priest? The only match-up I can consistently win is against Control Warrior and those matches take like 20 minutes to finish.

I enjoy some of the cards for Priest, but there are so many games where I just draw-pass. So many games where I have a hand full of answers to the wrong questions.

I somewhat enjoy Rogue (N'zoth), Mage (Tempo), and Shaman (Dragon). I did play some Anyfin for a bit this season, but it ultimately underperformed.

This is the second season where I've been stuck in rank 15+ and I think Priest is the main reason why. I even experimented with spell-based Yogg Priest, Murloc Priest, and aggro Priest. Guess I can just try Dragon again.

yea Im currently testing my reno nzoth shadow form priest list. I've also been messing w/ a nzoth cthun list as well, but I dont have concrete data for either of them so can't say if theyre average or bad (doubt they're good)

Dahbomb

Have had some of the most insane RNG in this Brawl ever:

Two 21+ Bolvars on the board at once.

23rlJ1s.jpg

Thistle Tea that hits Varian Wrynn.

DRffUog.png

This RNG is the most insane RNG ever because it's doubles up on the RNG (unlike Unstable Portal Brawl which is a single layer of Brawl, this one you have a random deck plus random spell generation from cards summoned). That's pretty lame... BUT the playstyle of the deck makes it so that vomiting minions on the game early on is very bad and can lose you the game so you have to hold back on playing stuff when it's kinda even or you are winning. This means a lot of people are going to get whooped when they just blindly play stuff on curve.

KuroNeeko

Before Standard, I had a Shadow Form priest deck that I enjoyed the hell out of. It really just consisted of having good minions that traded well early game (EG: Gilbin Stalker + Velen's Chosen / Dark Cultist / etc), then using Mind Spike / Shatter with inspire minions late game. I think Kibler played something like it as well. I'll be honest though, it's hard for me to remember exactly, but it was one of my favorite decks to play too. You could keep up with faster decks with the high quality minions, stay alive with the healing spells, then have Shadow Form to win the late game.

Thinking more about it, all it really does is make me miss Vol'Jin. According to some here though, you're better off playing Priest in Wild, where they kept some of their best cards.

Maan, I don't to play no Wild... I keep eyeing my Shadow Form, just with all the aggro out there, I can't see giving up the heals. It seems like one of the few ways you can recover from aggro (lol), survive Hunter (LOL), and outlast Warrior...

Maybe if you went with some kind of Shadow C'thun deck and relied on the 6/5 doods to heal...not sure I want to spend on the dust on Twin Emps when I still need to craft Rags, Herald, Vol'jin, and Paletress. (Not sure I want to spend dust on Paletress since she's out in less than a year.)

yea Im currently testing my reno nzoth shadow form priest list. I've also been messing w/ a nzoth cthun list as well, but I dont have concrete data for either of them so can't say if theyre average or bad (doubt they're good)

This might be all right. You can flesh out the early game with Toad, Harvest Golem, and maybe some other stuff. I'm not sure how you stabilize around turns 4-6 which is when you traditionally want to be AoEing to wipe the board. Reno decks ARE a lot of fun though...

Maan, I don't to play no Wild... I keep eyeing my Shadow Form, just with all the aggro out there, I can't see giving up the heals.

This is what I used for Priest quests, I like it and it's worked from time to time.

Could probably be refined better, but I don't have Twin Emps, and I'm not sure what else I would need to make it better.

Just know that it's always a gamble playing with Shadow Form. Sucks drawing both of them when they're dead cards.

Maan, I don't to play no Wild... I keep eyeing my Shadow Form, just with all the aggro out there, I can't see giving up the heals. It seems like one of the few ways you can recover from aggro (lol), survive Hunter (LOL), and outlast Warrior...

Maybe if you went with some kind of Shadow C'thun deck and relied on the 6/5 doods to heal...not sure I want to spend on the dust on Twin Emps when I still need to craft Rags, Herald, Vol'jin, and Paletress. (Not sure I want to spend dust on Paletress since she's out in less than a year.)

This might be all right. You can flesh out the early game with Toad, Harvest Golem, and maybe some other stuff. I'm not sure how you stabilize around turns 4-6 which is when you traditionally want to be AoEing to wipe the board. Reno decks ARE a lot of fun though...

These are the lists I run. http://imgur.com/a/JnuKG . The first two are the reno list and the 3rd one is the nzoth cthun list. Probably could change out the blademasters for elders

jgminto

What's the best non-aggro shaman list right now? Want to play more Morgl but I don't like running Aggro Shaman outside of win quests.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best non-aggro shaman list right now? Want to play more Morgl but I don't like running Aggro Shaman outside of win quests.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/578600-s27-amnesiacs-ancestral-control-shaman

Basically Ancestral Spirit and Faceless Manipulator works with Bloodhoof against control to make a ton of Bloodhoofs so that even after an AoE clear on N'zoth you still get a ton of 4/5s left over, or works with Earth Elemental against aggro for a brick wall they'll never get past without using all their resources.

Difficult deck to play, but it works and doesn't win off of dumb early game minions like aggro, totem, and evolve decks do. It's also not just a straight copy paste of archetypes other classes do way better at.

It's too bad they didn't give all 3 Old Gods away for free. It makes me sad that I have to craft N'Zoth AND all of the cards he synergizes with still. :(

KuroNeeko

Thanks for the post, Irfaanator.

I made a few adjustments to my Reno N'zoth Shadow Priest list like Twilight Drake and Kodo Rider. The former was a big help, the latter didn't get much play time but that was partly because I was playing around Vanish one match and Brawl the other.

I want to use Chillmaw as well, but am still working on a way to fit it in.

Still chumming at rank 17 after losing to a carbon copy of the Token Druid deck. Beat one C'thun Warrior by going Shadow Form and just chipping away at his armor until I MIND VISIONED his C'thun (lol). Took and beat a Mill Rogue to fatigue by chipping at him in Shadow Form and finishing with Blood Mage + Holy Fire.

I took out the ASP and Circle because there just didn't seem to be enough support for them, especially since we're not using Justicar or Flash Heal and will be in Shadow Form a lot. I added a Shadow Madness and Mind Vision to up the number of spells for Yogg.

Prof. Lich, I'll probably give your list a spin after I "grow out" of this Reno, Shadow "phase."

It's too bad they didn't give all 3 Old Gods away for free. It makes me sad that I have to craft N'Zoth AND all of the cards he synergizes with still. :(

I crafted N'zoth from the remnants of Force of Nature and whatnot and don't regret it for a second. It's probably my most played WotG card (followed by Yogg, Shifting Shade, and Darkshire Alchemist.) The only bummer about Zoth is that Blizzard is going to "tone down" on future Deathrattles because of him. (lame)

Well, for whatever reason the garbage evolve Shaman deck I built on a whim is cleaning up. Think I'm on like a 6 game win streak at this point. Gone from rank 10 to 6 with it so far.

Here's the list if anyone wants to try it or give me some feedback. Ragnaros is hardly necessary and I'd probably replace him with Onyxia if I had her. Might also be worth fitting in a Mana Tide Totem or some more draw somewhere but I'm not sure.

KuroNeeko

Well, for whatever reason the garbage evolve Shaman deck I built on a whim is cleaning up. Think I'm on like a 6 game win streak at this point. Gone from rank 10 to 6 with it so far.

Here's the list if anyone wants to try it or give me some feedback. Ragnaros is hardly necessary and I'd probably replace him with Onyxia if I had her. Might also be worth fitting in a Mana Tide Totem or some more draw somewhere but I'm not sure.

I might give it a try. You have such a strong opening, seems like it would be fairly easy to build and keep a board presence for the Evolve. I don't have Rags or Onyxia though so I'll play around with something...maybe new Hogger? lol

I might give it a try. You have such a strong opening, seems like it would be fairly easy to build and keep a board presence for the Evolve. I don't have Rags or Onyxia though so I'll play around with something...maybe new Hogger? lol

Yeah, you could pretty much replace it with anything. New Hogger could be cool, has reasonable evolve synergy too. I don't own him so I haven't tried it out.

Thanks for the post, Irfaanator.

I made a few adjustments to my Reno N'zoth Shadow Priest list like Twilight Drake and Kodo Rider. The former was a big help, the latter didn't get much play time but that was partly because I was playing around Vanish one match and Brawl the other.

I want to use Chillmaw as well, but am still working on a way to fit it in.

Still chumming at rank 17 after losing to a carbon copy of the Token Druid deck. Beat one C'thun Warrior by going Shadow Form and just chipping away at his armor until I MIND VISIONED his C'thun (lol). Took and beat a Mill Rogue to fatigue by chipping at him in Shadow Form and finishing with Blood Mage + Holy Fire.

I took out the ASP and Circle because there just didn't seem to be enough support for them, especially since we're not using Justicar or Flash Heal and will be in Shadow Form a lot. I added a Shadow Madness and Mind Vision to up the number of spells for Yogg.

Prof. Lich, I'll probably give your list a spin after I "grow out" of this Reno, Shadow "phase."

I crafted N'zoth from the remnants of Force of Nature and whatnot and don't regret it for a second. It's probably my most played WotG card (followed by Yogg, Shifting Shade, and Darkshire Alchemist.) The only bummer about Zoth is that Blizzard is going to "tone down" on future Deathrattles because of him. (lame)

yea. I use chillmaw in a nzoth variation of the reno deck, but idk. Too little in terms of early game sucks hard. And yea w/ shadowform you can't use reno till you at least draw one

bjaelke

yea. I use chillmaw in a nzoth variation of the reno deck, but idk. Too little in terms of early game sucks hard. And yea w/ shadowform you can't use reno till you at least draw one
You shouldn't need Reno with your vanilla hero power. At least that was the idea back when the deck actually worked.

KuroNeeko

You shouldn't need Reno with your vanilla hero power. At least that was the idea back when the deck actually worked.

Normally, I'd agree, but SF helps you maintain the board. So far I've found you need to play it when you're equal or winning though, it won't help you regain the board like say LIGHTBOMB or anything. It's so risky though with Doomhammer, C'thun, and Token Druid so prevalent in the meta.

bjaelke

Normally, I'd agree, but SF helps you maintain the board. So far I've found you need to play it when you're equal or winning though, it won't help you regain the board like say LIGHTBOMB or anything. It's so risky though with Doomhammer, C'thun, and Token Druid so prevalent in the meta.
A similar deck existed before Old Gods. That one was better because you had more ways to heal yourself and therefore didn't have to rely on Reno (+ Shadowform in your hand).

KuroNeeko

A similar deck existed before Old Gods. That one was better because you had more ways to heal yourself and therefore didn't have to rely on Reno (+ Shadowform in your hand).

I'll poke around and see if I can find the one you're talking about!

I wonder if Reno (or non-Reno) Shadow C'thun would work. You only need enough activators to get the Darkmenders and Twin Emps going....hmm...I just don't want to craft a legendary that will get no further support in future expansions / adventures.

Miletius

Getting Morgul inspired me to play WoW again to get Liadrin. So, now I have 3 alternative heroes (bought Khadgar because the purchase supported charity). Liadrin is nice, it's too bad that there's no really viable paladins on ladder now.

It really only took me 3 hours or so to level to 20. I should have done it sooner, but it's just that the magic of leveling a character in WoW has long since been gone for me, I have an instinctive sleepy reaction when I see the quest text pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom