• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's...beautiful. Finally crafted golden Tirion since I got about 12K dust and Blizz seems to like giving me golden Pally cards.

UehHQ5d.png

Keep seeing that aggro Pirate warrior crap so I'm starting to just hold doomsayer vs. warrior now.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/Jvi9pBQ4ZqyZ4ivmFQqrqB

THE HEALS

Levi

Banned
Let's pretend I'm a complete scrub with only a basic knowledge of the meta. How would I target a CW?

Depends on the CW list, but Renolock is a real tough match up for CW. Greedier control decks can also be very good vs a less greedy CW.

Like, a regular Control Warrior list is gonna lose to a properly built C'thun or N'zoth Warrior, and a properly built C'thun Warrior is gonna beat an N'zoth Warrior.

Oh, and how could I forget Midrange Hunter? That's a really tough match up for any control warrior.

The brawl is boring. But then again, I have found almost all of the brawls boring. This isn't to complain about heroic brawl being "delayed" even if it was. I just happened to realize that brawls are pretty unappealing to me except for a very few, sometimes I don't even bother to get my free pack. And even a lot of the cool ones are dominated by 1 strategy or class.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Depends on the CW list, but Renolock is a real tough match up for CW. Greedier control decks can also be very good vs a less greedy CW.

Like, a regular Control Warrior list is gonna lose to a properly built C'thun or N'zoth Warrior, and a properly built C'thun Warrior is gonna beat an N'zoth Warrior.

Oh, and how could I forget Midrange Hunter? That's a really tough match up for any control warrior.

I'm guessing Secret Hunter is too. Hunter in general is always good vs. Warrior. But beyond that and Jaraxxus you can target warrior with weapon hate ala Ooze and Harrison.

And while you can do the same to Shaman to an extent it's not nearly as swingly to break a 1 mana weapon compared to a gorehowl.

Back in the day I also liked Midrange Pally against them. Justicar hero power grinds out other control decks like crazy, but the threat of Quartermaster made it better with muster against other classes.

Dahbomb

Let's pretend I'm a complete scrub with only a basic knowledge of the meta. How would I target a CW?

They can Brawl all my minions. So that means I have to take my time and slowly drop minions.

They run 2 executes.

And they run Justicar and just click 'tank up' over & over. it's insane I hate CWs so much.

so glad they finally tier #2 I dont want this to ever change

* I forgot to mention Fiery War Axe which gives them amazing early game. Late game they get Gorehowl but at least Harrison or Ooze can counter
I posted in the post right before yours. Renolock or Handlock beat Control Warrior. Slow Paladin decks with Justicar. Greedy Priest decks. Just about any non super aggro Hunter deck. Other classes like Rogues can tech to beat Warrior by sacrificing their anti aggro tools. Hell Rogues can play a Control Nzoth deck with Anuburak to beat CW if they want. Then you add in Fatigue/Mill decks as additional counters to CW.

You can also play fringe combo stuff like Exodia Mage.

Levi

Banned
I'm guessing Secret Hunter is too. Hunter in general is always good vs. Warrior. But beyond that and Jaraxxus you can target warrior with weapon hate ala Ooze and Harrison.

And while you can do the same to Shaman to an extent it's not nearly as swingly to break a 1 mana weapon compared to a gorehowl.

Back in the day I also liked Midrange Pally against them. Justicar hero power grinds out other control decks like crazy, but the threat of Quartermaster made it better with muster against other classes.

Well, the new super-fast secret "face" hunter is a much easier match-up than midrange hunter was. They don't run those cards such as Highmane that are so hard for CW to deal with.

Justicar in Pally is good vs CW, because at a certain point you can't really effectively deal with all those 1/1s, and for a similar reason midrange Shaman is tough for Warrior if the Shaman knows how to play the match-up. (pro-tip: hero power constantly, totems are always a threat because of Bloodlust/Flametongue, and once warrior wastes their removal on totems you can start metering out your threats.)

fertygo

I posted in the post right before yours. Renolock or Handlock beat Control Warrior. Slow Paladin decks with Justicar. Greedy Priest decks. Just about any non super aggro Hunter deck. Other classes like Rogues can tech to beat Warrior by sacrificing their anti aggro tools. Hell Rogues can play a Control Nzoth deck with Anuburak to beat CW if they want. Then you add in Fatigue/Mill decks as additional counters to CW.

You can also play fringe combo stuff like Exodia Mage.

Why you need tech to beat CW with Rogue?

Any known rogue archetype beat it handily

Malyrogue? easy, miracoli? even better, hell n'zoth and even c'thun is easy

CW can only beat janky aggro rogue

wiibomb

The brawl is boring. But then again, I have found almost all of the brawls boring. This isn't to complain about heroic brawl being "delayed" even if it was. I just happened to realize that brawls are pretty unappealing to me except for a very few, sometimes I don't even bother to get my free pack. And even a lot of the cool ones are dominated by 1 strategy or class.

you are a veteran with not much to gain from them, it is understandable you don't find them appealing.

on the other hand my coworker and me have been having a blast with it, even if this one is less thrilling the others, like the portals one.

Being still noob has its benefits in this game, even if we cannot have every deck we want

Dahbomb

I enjoy the deck building challenge Brawls. The Dire Fate Brawl is still my favorite one. The RNG fest Brawls are not my cup of tea but they are better for new players so it's fine.

you are a veteran with not much to gain from them, it is understandable you don't find them appealing.

on the other hand my coworker and me have been having a blast with it, even if this one is less thrilling the others, like the portals one.

Being still noob has its benefits in this game, even if we cannot have every deck we want

I have a lot to gain from classic packs. I don't have onyxia, a couple less important class legends, baron geddon, tinkmaster overspark...

And dust. You always need more dust when you're a f2p player. I am a f2p player. My dislike of most brawls is because most of the rule sets are not interesting to me, or worse they are downright not fun.

patchday

whew! had someone concede (turn 1) for me in that brawl. that was awful. might be it for the night I'm that pissed.

(At least the pack gave me a Murloc War leader; apparently I was missing that card)

Dahbomb

WHA TTHE FFFUUUU**********************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Ancient of Curse is drawn while Hallazeal is in play... then Hallazeal restores that HP back!

That makes no god damn sense!

Dahbomb

It must count as a spell, that does make a lot of sense to me.

Auctioneer on board? Draw 2 cards. New rogue meta.
But the spell wasn't played!!! Does it trigger Flamewaker too? Does it give Antonidas a Fireball too? It's treated as a card discard in the game which is why it triggers Malchezaar's Imp.

ZealousD where you at???!!

But the spell wasn't played!!! Does it trigger Flamewaker too? Does it give Antonidas a Fireball too? It's treated as a card discard in the game which is why it triggers Malchezaar's Imp.

There isn't a played from hand vs not spell distinction in the language of the cards. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

clav

Yeah recommending someone arena because they are tired of one class dominating is pretty funny.

You don't see Shaman dominating there.

Arena has some variety as it's not all Mages (Rogue, Paladin, Warrior). Sometimes even Priest gets 12 wins.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

"Whenever your spells deal damage, restore that much health to your hero."

Ancient Curse is a spell.
When it's in your deck and you draw it, it's your spell.
It deals damage.

Seems to fit the description.

It shouldn't trigger Flamewaker or Antonidas because those cards say "Whenever/After you cast a spell". You don't cast Ancient Curse.

fertygo

man I wish Call of the Wild not getting nerf now

because holy shit now they resorting to shit that far more annoying with the secret shit

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

It deals damage.

It shouldn't trigger Flamewaker or Antonidas because those cards say "Whenever/After you cast a spell". You don't cast Ancient Curse.

I really think Blizzard should make an "Effect" card instead of just making janky autocast spells.

Dahbomb

It deals damage.

BUT THEN WHY DOES IT TRIGGER OFF OF MALCHEZAAR'S IMP?????!!!

man I wish Call of the Wild not getting nerf now

because holy shit now they resorting to shit that far more annoying with the secret shit
This statement makes no sense. The Secret list would have been just as good, if not better with a CotW. Secret Hunter was already on the rise prior to the nerfs.

The issue is the broken Cloaked Huntress which results in wins off of nuts draws. Eventually someone was going to figure out an efficient list to exploit it. The nerf just allowed people to get there faster.

Greddleok

How many hours should I be putting into the game each week to get a decent amount of dust?
I look at all these decks online I want to try, and they're like 1000-9000 dust on top of all the basic cards that I don't even have yet.

I have like 50 dust and I play like 1-5 matches a night. Seems ridiculous!

vall03

Just learned the cold hard truth today that I suck at Hearthstone. Played Malygos Rogue on low ranks and I lost pretty badly. My only win was against a weird Warlock that used Basic cards which doesn't really count tbh.

fertygo

This statement makes no sense. The Secret list would have been just as good, if not better with a CotW. Secret Hunter was already on the rise prior to the nerfs.

The issue is the broken Cloaked Huntress which results in wins off of nuts draws. Eventually someone was going to figure out an efficient list to exploit it. The nerf just allowed people to get there faster.

Yeah I don't think that through, list will potent af with old card instead leeroy or rag

bjaelke

So much diversity in the first two columns. Just in line with Blizzard's philosophy.
The most popular Druid decks are consistently composed of the same big chunk of Druid cards. That puts a damper on deckbuilding creativity and has left the Druids feeling stagnant. We want to inject some life into Druid deckbuilding, so we’re adjusting some of the worst offenders.

Some use Violet Teacher, some use Rag, some use Yogg :kappa

I feel the curator package is the better one tho

I like the violent teacher version the most since it presents the earliest threat that either forces out answers, wins if it remains unanswered and allows to fight over the board. Makes it more likely for your Malygos to stick later on.

fertygo

I like the violent teacher version the most since it presents the earliest threat that either forces out answers, wins if it remains unanswered and allows to fight over the board. Makes it more likely for your Malygos to stick later on.

Its weaker against shaman and control warrior tho so I like list that more focused to drop giant threat early

post has me curious I would've watched the replay. So many people dont run HDT though.

Have a bunch of friends that never run HDT

(HDT = Hearthstone deck tracker, I gave this guy money for this wonderful tool)

I actually run HDT, but that game was on phone so I couldn't get the replay. :( Was so awesome, though.

ZealousD

BUT THEN WHY DOES IT TRIGGER OFF OF MALCHEZAAR'S IMP?????!!!

Because the spell activated its effect through being discarded, not cast.

Think of it this way. Imagine you are a warlock and you managed to get Hallazeal off Shifter Zerus or something. You have Malchezaar's Imp in play. You play Doomguard and it discards a Fist of Jaraxxus. You would expect that you should both draw a card off the Imp and heal you for the damage Fist of Jaraxxus does, right?

Dahbomb

Thijs mid-shaman only has 1 thunderbluff

wat

His list look awful
Like two cards are different from everyone else's list and you are declaring it awful? Maybe he knows something we don't? Thunderbluff wasn't used that much for quite some time because it does have weaknesses. He already has one Bloodlust as a win more card and then he replaced a Fire Elemental with Ragnaros.

Doesn't seem like it's going to matter much when everyone will probably ban out Shaman. There's only one FM in there, I think people gave up on trying to counter it.

ZealousD

Slightly Off-Topic, but....

ZealousD

03-28-2013
Nintendo caught lightning in a bottle with the Wii but they injured their reputation with core gamers so much that I think the damage is irreversible at this point.

I wouldn't say Nintendo is in a position where they go third-party, but I don't think it's completely out of the question that Wii U might become the last console Nintendo makes that's not a handheld. It's either that or Nintendo has to keep pulling out miracles like the Wii.

12-06-2013
The damage is done. Nintendo consoles have been bleeding dry of third parties ever since the N64. Each generation it gets worse and worse. Third parties are never going to return to Nintendo consoles. If Nintendo makes a hardcore console again, it'll just be the hardcore console that's in third place.

I think the only way that Nintendo can ever be a true competitor in the console market is to pull off a Wii-sized innovation megaton on every hardware cycle, and I think the Wii U proves that they're incapable of that.

Nintendo going third party will never happen. Nintendo making mobile games en masse will never happen. But being a successful console company is also out of reach. I think they need to stop splitting their resources between handheld and consoles and focus on exactly one major product, probably a handheld, and make that the future of their company.

dealwithit.gif

Portugeezer

So I got the Welcome Bundle and first pack had Tinkmaster Overspark and I was a bit confused because it isn't a class card. Then later I notice I had a random Antonidas in my collection.

Feelsgoodman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom