• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

The Karazhan Arena bonus has been reverted, thank god. That should bring Mages down a notch, probably Shamans and Warriors too. But less Firelands Portals in Arena means you can actually play a proper Midrange deck and not get severely punished for it.

The Murloc change is mostly for new players with the new Quests in play. It's a shame because that effect made Murlocs unique. This also nerfs Priests in the match up against Anyfin Paladins.

The new Quests are great because they are targeted at new players and you don't need to win to complete them.

It's a shame they nerfed Yogg again right after players submitted their deck lists before Blizzcon.

Ethereal Peddler change buffs Priest and may matter if there are more steal oriented Priest cards in the future.

Looks like Blizzard is trying to get the good will back with this patch.

inky

Looks like Blizzard is trying to get the good will back with this patch.

That's because they have this card in the pipeline:

Flamestrike Portal

7 Mana Spell, Deal 5 damage to all enemies, Summon a 5 mana minion for each enemy it kills

;P

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I don't like a lot of the new quests. Specifically the ones that make you play bad decks. Forces me to play out of Ranked or bully low levels in Wild.

Raxus

At this point I will jsut reroll 50 gold quests. Since half of those are awful. Who plays divine shield minions anymore?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This pick a winner stuff is great, getting free packs for sitting on my ass. Chose thjis (or whatever his name is) on one account and handsomeguy on the other.

Wow, wtf. These new quests are really really bad.
They will take a lot(!) of games. Hero power 30 times? That can easily be 10+ games.
Or xx amount of Taunts. You have to make a completely new deck to clear that in a not completerly unreasonable amount of games.
Not amused.

I like the new quests. People wanted quests friendlier towards new players. They got them. And they pay out reasonably well too.

I already got 2:
Play 10 weapons, 50g
play 50 warlock class cards, 60g

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Wow, wtf. These new quests are really really bad.
They will take a lot(!) of games. Hero power 30 times? That can easily be 10+ games.
Or xx amount of Taunts. You have to make a completely new deck to clear that in a not completerly unreasonable amount of games.
Not amused.

Yeah they should add a way you can say no, i don't want this quest, give me another one! Stupid blizzard.

fertygo

Seem Bbgungun very good pick actually, because he in lopsided group, He and Naiman clearly above the other 2 in the group.

I want pick Thijs but man his lineup is wack, the only nice thing that I see in his list, his Druid will really strong in mirror, Sylvanas and War is really hard for other druid to deal, and he bring miracoli which gonna get eaten by hunter and tempo mage.. yeah right.

BBgungun and Hotmeowth is my favorite pick

Mirimar

Mm, I don't like that they removed being able to save multiple quests in cache...now I have to clear every day =( Why would they do that?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Peddler now is insane if you get it in other classes lol. I'm not sure if I understand that change, what they are adding next set that this had to change. It's only going to cause more problems

Maybe rogue will have access to a transform card like Jaraxxus that would count as a different class. Possibly a neutral that they didn't want to be comboed like that for rogue.

If Rogue became Jaraxxus, and played Peddler before this patch, would all the rogue cards be discounted?

The new quests are fine for new players, blizzard should made them avaliable on single player though
Why for new players? They don't have the capacity to make a Murloc or Pirate deck. If anything, these quests are for veterans with large and flexible card collections.

Yeah they should add a way you can say no, i don't want this quest, give me another one! Stupid blizzard.

Reroll Pirates into Murlocs. lol

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Even though I hate the idea of "having" to play bad decks, I think this is a VERY GOOD thing for the game overall. There will be a bit more variety in the standard ladder (and def more at low ranks) and much much more in casual. More variety is a good thing.

And never feel bad about bullying people in low ranks in Wild. They had to opt in to playing that stuff. Play that murlocalpyse with Sludge Belchers until the cows come home. WILD IS WILD BABY.

ZealousD

Even though I hate the idea of "having" to play bad decks, I think this is a VERY GOOD thing for the game overall. There will be a bit more variety in the standard ladder (and def more at low ranks) and much much more in casual. More variety is a good thing.

And never feel bad about bullying people in low ranks in Wild. They had to opt in to playing that stuff. Play that murlocalpyse with Sludge Belchers until the cows come home. WILD IS WILD BABY.

I just crafted like 8 Wild decks full of garbage. I doubt this will affect standard ladder much at all beyond 20-15.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I just crafted like 8 Wild decks full of garbage. I doubt this will affect standard ladder much at all beyond 20-15.

I am perfectly ok with seeing non-meta decks from 20-15. Gives new players some more hope and making early laddering more interesting in the beginning (for several games at least).

sibarraz

Banned
Why for new players? They don't have the capacity to make a Murloc or Pirate deck. If anything, these quests are for veterans with large and flexible card collections.

Because you don't need to win with them, for some players playing 40 cards is easier than winning 2 matches with a given class, and I'm not counting those super situational like murloc or pirate ones

ZealousD

It would be pretty troll if Blizzard made a quest that was like "Play 10 Legendary minions", lol.

Because you don't need to win with them, for some players playing 40 cards is easier than winning 2 matches with a given class, and I'm not counting those super situational like murloc or pirate ones

Exactly. I am not surprised that some people try to claim it's bad for new players though. Anything blizzard does seems to be responded with negativity for some of the player base.

Is there any other kind of Murloc mirror?

Anyway, my guess is that they wanted to print more menagerie type cards, and the way murloc buffs currently work was putting a damper on that.

Yes, there are. Aggro murloc decks had been tier 1 in the past. And they weren't great mirror matches. Not that they suddenly become better or anything.

jblank83

WG4YDhm.png

What 3 challengers? What is this talking about?

Regular RNG but my opponent plays master of evolution on thunder bluff and he gets a dark arrokoa, blocking my gromm lethal... I don't even think there are that many taunt minions in 6 cost slot, but he got one. His only out. This was after shredder got him 3/2 taunt....

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Regular RNG but my opponent plays master of evolution on thunder bluff and he gets a dark arrokoa, blocking my gromm lethal... I don't even think there are that many taunt minions in 6 cost slot, but he got one. His only out. This was after shredder got him 3/2 taunt....

At least he played an out of meta card. Small victories.

jgminto

There are 5 minions that would provide a taunt from evolve.

Dahbomb

Thing from Below, Dark Arrokoa, Lord of the Arena and Sunwalker with Hogger being the 5th. You can maybe even count Bolf Ramshield in there as a taunt so you would have 11% chance.

Bolf wasn't enough. He needed a taunt. And I should clarify 5 health taunt wouldn't be enough anyway. It was literally dark arrokoa as his only out. Maybe sunwell too. I don't remember the specifics of my hand.

edit:
No, I remember now, ichor was my top deck so I could have pinged the divine shield. Only dark arokkoa.

Thing from Below, Dark Arrokoa, Lord of the Arena and Sunwalker with Hogger being the 5th. You can maybe even count Bolf Ramshield in there as a taunt so you would have 11% chance.

How did you get to 11%? Even if all the taunts were possible, although hogger wasn't, that is 4 taunts and that's 6% if there are 66 different 6 drops. Are you thinking this was standard?

edit:

Are people gonna argue how likely shaman gets that 2/1 deathtouch snake off maelstrom portal too? I must be completely unreasonable to not play around shit like that.

Dahbomb

How did you get to 11%? Even if all the taunts were possible, although hogger wasn't, that is 4 taunts and that's 6% if there are 66 different 6 drops. Are you thinking this was standard?
Yeah I thought you were talking about Standard. Didn't read the final Shredder part.

I was doing 6 taunts from 55 6 drops in Standard.

Not saying you should be playing around that sort of stuff on the regular but usually in Standard you can have around an 11% chance to roll a defensive minion to save yourself. This is usually relevant for Moonglade Portals.

On a positive note I am 10-4 with this maly list

Notable difference is that I am running xaril instead of barnes and 1 sprint instead of 2 auctioneer.

It's perhaps slightly slower but xaril is really quite good for cycling with auctioneer and sometimes you'll get stealth or extra burn for malygos. 1 sprint instead of 2 auctioneers is to allow cycling without using as many spells as you would with auctioneer. Kind of a toss up, not really better or worse. But I think I like xaril more than barnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom