• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
RNG Brawl again.

Got my 40 dust when the opponent Mage played a secret and I stole it the next turn with Kezan Mystic. Not sure why he conceded since he had a token on the board to proc Vaporize. Not complaining though.

Apathy

every fucking time, I can't pull anything out to deal with my opponent but they have the perfect draw. I am so sick of this game

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Just got notice that my new Google Pixel phone is shipping today. I wonder if Hearthstone will run on it or if I'll need to keep my old phone around as a Hearthstone machine when I'm away from the computer?

I will just go ahead and bet that it doesn't work without an update.

Levi

Banned
Just got notice that my new Google Pixel phone is shipping today. I wonder if Hearthstone will run on it or if I'll need to keep my old phone around as a Hearthstone machine when I'm away from the computer?

I will just go ahead and bet that it doesn't work without an update.

I run Hearthstone on a Nexus 9 and while I haven't looked into it I'm fairly confident it's on the same version of Android as the Pixel will be.

wiibomb

I've been thinking of buying a new good cellphone to play HS since mine (Galaxy S4) runs it pretty badly now (on a busy boards it barely keeps up with framerate)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
for some reason shadow priest is the deck i have the most fun with

even if it's not really all that effective at higher ranks

Levi

Banned
What a fucking tragedy it would have been to miss this piece of shit brawl, huh? Thank God we didn't get a chance to have something new and interesting.

Shout out to Joao who has to rope every fucking turn in Brawl and shout out to all the fucking reddit crybabies who couldn't sit the fuck down for one fucking week.

What a fucking tragedy it would have been to miss this piece of shit brawl, huh? Thank God we didn't get a chance to have something new and interesting.

Shout out to Joao who has to rope every fucking turn in Brawl and shout out to all the fucking reddit crybabies who couldn't sit the fuck down for one fucking week.

This is clearly punishment for people not wanting the new brawl.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
"new and interesting"

literally just constructed with arena style entry fee and awards

okay

Levi

Banned
Arena is rather low risk. Heroic brawl? You can actually lose out.

As a spectator, it'll be nice to watch the best players play meaningful games on stream, instead of shitting around with tier 4 decks to amuse their audience since results don't matter right now.

As a player, it'll be nice to test my skill in a highly competitive environment, as I'm never going to be challenging for top 100 legend or in a tournament that matters.

As a Hearthstone fan, it's nice to see Blizzard putting something in the game to facilitate those things, but disappointing to see the reaction from the community. I fucking hate 99% of Brawls but I understand that Brawls aren't made for me. They make one Brawl I'm actually interested in and the fucking community has to ruin it for me.

Szadek

As a spectator, it'll be nice to watch the best players play meaningful games on stream, instead of shitting around with tier 4 decks to amuse their audience since results don't matter right now.

As a player, it'll be nice to test my skill in a highly competitive environment, as I'm never going to be challenging for top 100 legend or in a tournament that matters.

As a Hearthstone fan, it's nice to see Blizzard putting something in the game to facilitate those things, but disappointing to see the reaction from the community. I fucking hate 99% of Brawls but I understand that Brawls aren't made for me. They make one Brawl I'm actually interested in and the fucking community has to ruin it for me.
I don't think most people have a problem with the concept, but with the execution.
Heroic Brawl only appeals to a tiny fraction of the player base, that is people that want that challenge and also have a crap load of gold and/or gold to burn.
Not to mention that the timing is awful, give that the standard currenty has only 1 Tier 1 deck.
The fact that it replaces the regular brawl is just rubbing salt into wounds.

patchday

lol this is the best time to run this Heroic Brawl. This is the best meta has ever been since I've started.

Looking forward to watching the top tier players do this thing.

I don't think most people have a problem with the concept, but with the execution.
Heroic Brawl only appeals to a tiny fraction of the player base, that is people that want that challenge and also have a crap load of gold and/or gold to burn.
Not to mention that the timing is awful, give that the standard currenty has only 1 Tier 1 deck.
The fact that it replaces the regular brawl is just rubbing salt into wounds.

they never said that did they?

sibarraz

Banned
To be fair the last 2 years have been a constant "lol this is the worse meta ever, do something blizzard or you will lose all your fanbase"

Dahbomb

To be fair the last 2 years have been a constant "lol this is the worse meta ever, do something blizzard or you will lose all your fanbase"
This isn't going to change the meta. The balance patch did change the meta, mostly for the better and it is not even within the stratosphere of "worst meta ever".

And that Levi post was hyperbolic as all hell, like worse than Reddit tier post. Catching feels over other people's opinions and Reddit ones at that.

Szadek

In terms of balance ,it's pretty bad right now thanks to midrange shaman.
You could argue it's more fun to play against than aggro or whatever, but that doesn't change how op the deck is right now.

wiibomb

is midrange shaman that bad? I mean, I heard it has about 55% winrate... that isn't nearly as bad I I thought based on how people complain about it.

I thought it was about 65%-70%

is midrange shaman that bad? I mean, I heard it has about 55% winrate... that isn't nearly as bad I I thought based on how people complain about it.

If you believe data reaper reports...

Individual results vary and if you consider it's 3-4% higher than the next deck that's a pretty big deal.

Dahbomb

People talk about midrange Shaman like it's the most oppressive deck in the history of Hearthstone.

This player base has such a ridiculously short memory.

The deck with the highest win rate in the history of HS was Combo Druid in a short segment of the meta at 57%. I think Undertaker Hunter was 56% win rate, so Midrange Shaman touching two decks that were essentially removed from the game says a lot.

Midrange Shaman is like 4% above the next best deck which is a considerable margin as well.

It's not the most oppressive deck in terms of dictating what people can and can't play because games don't end as fast. Undertaker Hunter was way, way more oppressive.

patchday

I'm confused its not like Shaman is unbeatable or something. You nerf shaman all we will see is Control Warrior #1. I'd rather fight 10 shaman then a legion of Control Warriors. I love this meta.

At least Shaman will body me fast (or I body them).

Previously on the ladder (albeit my short climbs to 15)- I would see so many Control warriors. I love mid shaman they are like pest control (sorry no offense to my Control Warrior gafs)

* This coming from someone that didnt even run shaman but once on ladder this climb/season. I main Mage/Hunter/Rogue

Levi

Banned
And that Levi post was hyperbolic as all hell, like worse than Reddit tier post. Catching feels over other people's opinions and Reddit ones at that.

Well, I got to get roped every turn by some POS Warlock in one of the worst game modes ever instead of enjoying something I was greatly looking forward to, and Reddit whining is probably the reason why. I was also 25 minutes into a workout and my adrenaline was high as hell--not that I need an excuse to be hyperbolic as that's pretty much my natural state when it comes to this damn game.

Dahbomb

Control Warrior is very easy to target and counter. If CW was the actual best deck in the game then the game would actually be in the best state meta wise.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Control Warrior is very easy to target and counter. If CW was the actual best deck in the game then the game would actually be in the best state meta wise.

If cw was the actual best deck in the game it wouldn't be very easy to target and counter.

Dahbomb

If cw was the actual best deck in the game it wouldn't be very easy to target and counter.
You can play Slow Paladin, Greedy Priest, Renolock, Hunters and other stuff to counter Warrior. Most of these decks aren't relevant right now because of Shaman. Hell you can even play Mill/Fatigue decks to counter Warrior.

And decks like Renolock and Priest get countered by combo decks which get countered by aggro decks so you would have a healthy meta with different archetypes.

patchday

Let's pretend I'm a complete scrub with only a basic knowledge of the meta. How would I target a CW?

They can Brawl all my minions. So that means I have to take my time and slowly drop minions.

They run 2 executes.

And they run Justicar and just click 'tank up' over & over. it's insane I hate CWs so much.

so glad they finally tier #2 I dont want this to ever change

* I forgot to mention Fiery War Axe which gives them amazing early game. Late game they get Gorehowl but at least Harrison or Ooze can counter

wiibomb

Let's pretend I'm a complete scrub with only a basic knowledge of the meta. How would I target a CW?

They can Brawl all my minions. So that means I have to take my time and slowly drop minions.

They run 2 executes.

And they run Justicar and just click 'tank up' over & over. it's insane I hate CWs so much.

* I forgot to mention Fiery War Axe which gives them amazing early game. Late game they get Gorehowl but at least Harrison or Ooze can counter

you didn't include shield slam

CW can be very nasty.

although tank up is going to wild soon, I feel it kind of needed a nerf, 4 armor in kind of insane

fertygo

They run 2 executes.

Play Jaraxxus ez

Phase 2 arcane giant, removed, play rag, ez

Or just simply play Rogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom