• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Class-Frequency-by-Week-DRR-23.png
"balance changes"

http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-23/

Dahbomb

People had some hope last week when Midrange Shaman was leveling off but nah...

This note here had me cracking up:

Compared to last week, Mid-Range Shaman’s score has certainly dropped. Is it a result of the Meta adjusting to its presence and trying to counter it? No. This is simply the effect of the archetype’s increase in numbers causing mirror matches to occur more often, pushing it towards 50%. Mid-Range Shaman is still far ahead of the rest of the Meta, and while it hasn’t become a stronger deck after the balance changes, it’s now the only current clear offender of balance, which causes players to flock towards it.

TLDR: Shaman "only" has a 55% win rate because you are still facing mostly mirror matches.

Another set of LUL comments:

As most of the community knows, there was a high profile Priest appearance this past weekend in the America’s Last Call Invitational, with Fr0zen bringing an extremely Anti-Control Warrior teched build. The build ended up losing to Control (C’Thun) Warrior. You couldn’t make up a better story to explain Priest’s current state in the game.

We generally try to stay positive and provide answers to the current Meta. We’re out of answers when it comes to Mid-Range Shaman. This is a very, very difficult archetype to target. While some individuals may possess the ability to overcome the inherent disadvantage when playing against Shamans, the Meta as a whole appears to be incapable of correcting itself. Our (albeit limited) data suggests that people are playing less Hearthstone or even quitting the game altogether.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
As expected the changes really only curbed Hunter's win rate since CotW was basically stealing games every so often. Now that you can't do that and hero power (or quick shot) in the same turn, Hunter has returned to where it was roughly pre-Kara.

Not too surprised by anything else.

Dahbomb

Watching this week's Valuetown and Firebat goes HAM on Frozen's line up.

Going back to the stats... since 24% of the meta is Midrange Shaman and the win rate is close to 55% globally... that puts Midrange Shaman within 1% of Undertaker Hunter territory.

Blizzard said:
Undertaker Hunter at one point was around 25% of the meta.
Undertaker Hunter at its peak has a winrate of 55-57%.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en...-world-championship-2016/choose-your-champion

Blizzard is giving away Grand Tournament card packs and all you have to do is lock in a vote for who you think is going to win BlizzCon!

Picking a person gets you a free card pack (in each voting period).
Each time the person you chose wins a best-of-seven match, you get a free card pack.
You can earn up to 6 free card packs if you vote in the first voting period.
An additional 4 card packs are available from the second voting period.
Card packs will be delivered digitally in the week after BlizzCon.

sibarraz

Banned
I picked thjis, let's go!

And the only thing that I hate about midrange shaman (since I'm using it) is that the mirror match must be the most boring in my entire time playing the game.

They are super long and not very exciting

Dahbomb

I am picking Hotmeowth.

Dude is always on top of the meta and whatever he brings generally tends to be very strong. His line up also seems strong against other Shamans. He is also one of the contributors to Data Reaper so you know he is done all sorts of math and stat crunching going into this.

He's bringing Midrange Shaman with Harrison Jones and Rag to cover any potential issues.
He's bringing in Cthun Warrior (the chart says it's Control Warrior but his decklist shows Cthun). That means he can't be targeted by people targeting Control Warriors.
Got Arcane Explosion in his Tempo Mage for the Shaman and Zoo match up to beat the bad match ups, the deck is good against the field all around. Plus has that Yogg in there for the X factor. I kinda wish he had one Flamestrike in there though.
His Malygos Druid has Baron Geddon in it for the Shaman match up (instead of Yogg).
And then Face Secret Hunter because face is always good. Plus the Hunter has the Ooze too for the Shaman/Warrior match ups.

A lot of really interesting and intelligent tech choices that I feel give him the edge.

I am only really concerned by Pavel in his bracket but I think he can win that.

Pooya

If you're not picking amnesiac, you're doing it wrong.

thijs is bringing rogue, the guy threw it right there. When even amnesiac isn't bringing it you know you screwed up your meta call. Look at how many secret hunters are there. yeah. good luck with that thijs.

---

on what region you get the packs though?

Good move to get esport to the players, it could help viewer counts. They really should advertise these things inside the client more often.

wiibomb

Oh nice!!!

But I'm a little confused. Do I have to tune in the stream to get the packs? Can I pick up a new one on the second voting in case my chosen pick loses?

Can I get this without paying for that overpriced blizz pass they were selling?

Can someone on NA send me a friend invite if they're playing now? Need to complete the watch and learn quest.

DSmalls84#1321

I already have you added, but you are not online. Send me a message when you get online.

Oh nice!!!

But I'm a little confused. Do I have to tune in the stream to get the packs? Can I pick up a new one on the second voting in case my chosen pick loses?

Can I get this without paying for that overpriced blizz pass they were selling?

I already have you added, but you are not online. Send me a message when you get online.

No you don't have to watch. First pick is for pre Blizzcon group stage where the top 16 goes down to the top 8. Then second pick is for the Blizzcon top 8.

JesseZao

Picked thijs and amnesiac.

It would be cool if they had a special tavern brawl that has you use one of your champion's decks. See how the community plays tournament decks.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
New daily quests? Interesting.

And Yogg's final nail.

Yogg casting ED first is now hilariously awful.

Supposedly the new quests are 60g play 50 class cards for each of the 9 classes.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think the post I read about the new quests might have been wrong. I'm reading all sorts of different things. Still fun to get new quests.

bjaelke

50 Gold - Inspiring - Use your Hero Power 30 times.
50 Gold - Weaponmaster - Play 10 Weapons.
50 Gold - It's a Secret to Everyone - Play 10 Secrets.
50 Gold - Combo Meal - Play 10 Combo cards.
50 Gold - Elemental Overload - Play 15 Overload cards.
50 Gold - You Shall Not Pass! - Play 20 Taunt minions.
50 Gold - Rampage - Play 10 Enrage minions.
50 Gold - Tiny Bubbles Make Me Happy - Play 10 Divine Shield minions.
50 Gold - Death to the Living! - Play 20 Deathrattle minions.
100 Gold - Cry Havoc - Play 75 Battlecry minions.
50 Gold - For Azeroth! - Play 30 Battlecry minions.
50 Gold - Swashbuckler - Play 10 Pirates.
100 Gold - Murlocalypse - Play 75 Murlocs.
50 Gold - Mrgrgrglrr - Play 30 Murlocs.
50 Gold - Beyond the Dark Portal - Play 15 Demons.
50 Gold - Stable Master - Play 20 Beasts.
60 Gold - Warrior Mastery - Play 50 Warrior class cards. (These are also for every classes)
40 Gold - Play 30 Warrior class cards. (These are also for every classes)
50 Gold - Overpowered - Play 10 cards that cost 8 or more.

wiibomb

No you don't have to watch. First pick is for pre Blizzcon group stage where the top 16 goes down to the top 8. Then second pick is for the Blizzcon top 8.

Hmmmm... anyone got auggestions for which person should I pick? I'm not really much into the streamer competitve scene.

50 Gold - Inspiring - Use your Hero Power 30 times.
50 Gold - Weaponmaster - Play 10 Weapons.
50 Gold - It's a Secret to Everyone - Play 10 Secrets.
50 Gold - Combo Meal - Play 10 Combo cards.
50 Gold - Elemental Overload - Play 15 Overload cards.
50 Gold - You Shall Not Pass! - Play 20 Taunt minions.
50 Gold - Rampage - Play 10 Enrage minions.
50 Gold - Tiny Bubbles Make Me Happy - Play 10 Divine Shield minions.
50 Gold - Death to the Living! - Play 20 Deathrattle minions.
100 Gold - Cry Havoc - Play 75 Battlecry minions.
50 Gold - For Azeroth! - Play 30 Battlecry minions.
50 Gold - Swashbuckler - Play 10 Pirates.
100 Gold - Murlocalypse - Play 75 Murlocs.
50 Gold - Mrgrgrglrr - Play 30 Murlocs.
50 Gold - Beyond the Dark Portal - Play 15 Demons.
50 Gold - Stable Master - Play 20 Beasts.
60 Gold - Warrior Mastery - Play 50 Warrior class cards. (These are also for every classes)
40 Gold - Play 30 Warrior class cards. (These are also for every classes)
50 Gold - Overpowered - Play 10 cards that cost 8 or more.

At this point I'm starting to think it is a good idea to reroll the 50 quests.

Also... geez why not add 70 80 or 90 gold quests??

bjaelke

Something new appeared in the adventure files which points to a "Returning Player Challenge". It consists of three different missions.

Challenge 1 - Return of the Hero
Alleria Windrunner - Defeat the three challengers to earn 3 Classic packs and return to the box!

Challenge 2 - Return of the Hero
Morgl the Oracle - Defeat the three challengers to earn 3 Classic packs and return to the box!

Challenge 3 - Return of the Hero
Magni Bronzebeard - Defeat the three challengers to earn 3 Classic packs and return to the box!
http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1812-hearthstone-patch-15181-murloc-card-changes-bug

Pooya

The murloc change is huge, how many brought murloc paly to Blizzcon?

Blizzard Voice is out too btw, cross game voice chat.

wiibomb

I'm up to 300 gold trying to save for the next expansion.

It's hard.

I want to open packs.

Just let me open packs.

I guess I did well in trying to open packs each 20 packs or so.

Got about that now but I think I will be waiting got blizzcon announcenent so... saving more up!

Pooya

Peddler now is insane if you get it in other classes lol. I'm not sure if I understand that change, what they are adding next set that this had to change. It's only going to cause more problems

I've been sneakingly playing handlock on ladder and shaman is quite shit against it. I like that. Also Druid can't handle giants anymore and doesn't silence my drakes . Hunter and Tempo Mage is hard though. Cw and priest are easy pray of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom