• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

I tried the new (?) Shaman aggro deck with Thing from Below and Tuskarr but I didn't really have many good results (tfw no card draw) as I did with the 'classic' aggro Shaman. and honestly in this meta they both suck compared to Bloodlust / Midrange Shaman.

the new murloc shaman hero looks nice, if you can just make an alt account and grind levels for 1 hour or so I guess I'll go for it.

rahji

Hearthstone still not working for me. I don't want to fiddle with DNS settings. I hope they come up with a fix soon. I am a little excited about the tavern brawl this week.

KuroNeeko

Now I know this game is bullpoop.

How the heck is 17/17 worth of stats for 4 mana (overload 2) even remotely fair? What do you do against that?

ASP + Circle? Nope.
Holy Nova? Nope.
Escalated Evil? Nope.
Lightbomb? LOL.

You can "control the board" all game. Entombing one Faceless. Clear the Thunderbluff. Harrison the Hammer. Steal his Mana Tide. And be at over 20 life...but NOPE. We can give Shaman and Warrior your salad for some tossing, and you can have this board clear: Shadow Word: Horror.

Bullpoop.
Bull. Poop.

Now I know this game is bullshit.

How the heck is 17/17 worth of stats for 4 mana (overload 2) even remotely fair? What do you do against that?

ASP + Circle? Nope.
Holy Nova? Nope.
Escalated Evil? Nope.
Lightbomb? LOL.

You can "control the board" all game. Entombing one Faceless. Clear the Thunderbluff. Harrison the Hammer. Steal his Mana Tide. And be at over 20 life...but NOPE. We can give Shaman and Warrior your salad for some tossing, and you can have this board clear: Shadow Word: Horror.

Bullshit.
Bull. Shit.
Shadow Word: Horror is an amazing Shaman counter if they play Spirit Wolves and THEN Trogg. Kappa.

How did you type 17 twice?

Shaman was cool (tm) before Standard. Now they are ridiculous.
Shaman was garbage facemonkey before Standard. Now it has TWICE as many viable archetypes! :p

You could always go and play Wild, where Priest is actually strong. I don't understand why a Priest player would want to abuse himself by playing Standard right now.

Parshias7

Now I know this game is bullpoop.

ASP + Circle? Nope.
Holy Nova? Nope.
Escalated Evil? Nope.
Lightbomb? LOL.

Bullpoop.
Bull. Poop.

You listed the counter to that play: Lightbomb. If they're playing 0 mana Things from Below, then it is at least turn 7, (or turn 6 if they're fucking crazy and coined hero power on turn 1) so you have enough mana to play it.

If you don't have Lightbomb in your deck because you're playing Priest in Standard, I have to ask: Why do you hate yourself? You'd probably have more fun getting kicked in the balls than playing Priest in Standard.

Levi

Banned
See no warriors in five days of play. 70% hunter.

Get a 60 gold warlock quest.

Play zoo. See three warriors in a row. Goodbye precious stars. Goodbye rank 11.

How the fuck are people getting favorable match ups? What did I do to get flagged by Blizzard to always get countered?

Match making is 100% rigged against me and it's bullshit.

I saw 70% hunter, making warrior unplayable. These fucking scrub warriors who don't even know how to play the class get to Queue against zoo and get free wins?

Pooya

haven't even logged in for a couple of days, my quests seem messed. I got two new quests when I logged in, for a total of two, rerolled one, got 3 quests.

I had a smurf for quick spectate quests and fireside card back and it was like at lvl 18, so I got the portrait in no time for both regions but for the four classic packs it's not worth smurfing. Can you smurf for multiple account at once, like can you be recruited by 5 people and lvl up once for all of them? I guess not.

patchday

lawl this brawl is awesome. Just watched this poor druid sitting at 3 hp play a card that cast a forgotten torch that decided to hit the druid right in the face. Lethal'ed :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
See no warriors in five days of play. 70% hunter.

Get a 60 gold warlock quest.

Play zoo. See three warriors in a row. Goodbye precious stars. Goodbye rank 11.

How the fuck are people getting favorable match ups? What did I do to get flagged by Blizzard to always get countered?

Match making is 100% rigged against me and it's bullshit.

I saw 70% hunter, making warrior unplayable. These fucking scrub warriors who don't even know how to play the class get to Queue against zoo and get free wins?

Are you role-playing Reynad right now?

wiibomb

are the daily quest ok?

I got one today, rerolled it and got the same, then when I entered the brawl menu I got another one...

weird, but I'm perfectly fine :)

Levi

Banned
Are you role-playing Reynad right now?

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

There's NO WAY it's random chance that II go from seeing 70% hunters for 5 days straight to suddenly facing 60% warrior (3 of 5) when the only thing that changed is I got a warlock quest.

I guarantee that if I try to counterpick midrange Hunter I'll get fucked and warriors will vanish into thin air... like the borders of my cards.

bB5wLH7.png

YlNc3cR.jpg

And yeah, I tried to trick the algorhythm... I picked Warrior, queued up, immediately canceled and switched to Druid so I could beat the Hunter the game selected to punish my warrior, but I, hey , I got warrior anyway. Guess my APM is too low.

Gaining 10 Armor isn't enough when I have 19 on board and you let me keep Brann when I'm holding a 20 attack C'thun. 59 damage turn. Rag went face twice, normally disasterous but this Warrior didn't pressure me at all.

Call of the wild turn 8, call of the wild turn 9

Call of the WHYYYY

I got hit with this bullshit in Arena the other day. Mother fucker drafted 2 Call of the Wilds and played them on curve. Ridiculous.

Yogg and Load Hunter is still the most fun hunter deck.

Thaurissan Turn 6.
Call of the Wild Turn 7
Call of the Wild Turn 8
Yogg Turn 9.
Well Played.

I got hit with this once as well. The first card Yogg played? Call of the fucking Wild.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Thaurissan Turn 6.
Call of the Wild Turn 7
Call of the Wild Turn 8
Yogg Turn 9.
Well Played.

Yeah, I kind of want to craft the cards I'm missing for this deck. So much to craft, so little dust.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I kind of want to craft the cards I'm missing for this deck. So much to craft, so little dust.

Sadly the deck is very expensive in dust terms.
It absolutely requires:
2x Lock and Load
2x Call of the Wild (which you need to craft anyhow because it is OP AF in every deck)
1x Yogg
1x Thaurissan (should already have it from BRM)

Additionally there is lots of tech you can sub in depending on your matchups:
Powershot is great tech vs Zoo
Ditto with Explosive Trap
Malygos can be a good burst choice (On the Hunt + Malygos as many other nukes as you can cast (after Thaurissan) makes a lot of damage to burst down warriors or other defensive classes)
Harrison is a good tech card too against the Shamans and Warriors (drawing all those sweet sweet cards off Doomhammer is the best thing).

Just started playing casually this week and I almost have all my heroes at level 10 (need 2 more). I still haven't decided on a favorite hero yet and I have been running Trump's basic decks for all heroes. I have decided to purchase 30 packs this weekend (15 classic + 15 WoG). Will that be enough to build a decent meta deck?

wiibomb

Just started playing casually this week and I almost have all my heroes at level 10 (need 2 more). I still haven't decided on a favorite hero yet and I have been running Trump's basic decks for all heroes. I have decided to purchase 30 packs this weekend (15 classic + 15 WoG). Will that be enough to build a decent meta deck?

probably no.

for a decent meta deck you need a lot of cards including some legendaries, and those are extremely rare to come by, try to learn the ropes, learn from all heroes and try to complete daily quests, that way you can go on learning and actually build some gold to buy more packs.

first of all you need to learn the basics of all heroes and experience is best in that aspect, I used most of the time the trump teachings decks, they are a really good start to learn.

later on you can try to build decks with the cards you get, but making decks is deceptively difficult as the cards should have some kind of solid synergizing between them, for that I would recommend asking for help

Interfectum

Thaurissan Turn 6.
Call of the Wild Turn 7
Call of the Wild Turn 8
Yogg Turn 9.
Well Played.

It's easily the most fun deck at the moment. I don't care if I win or lose because it's always just fun as hell to play.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Probably not sadly. The problem is as a new player you will get hardly any dust from your packs because you have no cards to start.

Meta decks tend to be quite expensive and usually involve adventure cards that you can't craft or get from packs.

Go into your pack openings with an open mind and just adjust to what cards you get. There are lots of decks you can build for 800 dust or less that are lots of fun and effective enough to get you to legendary once you learn the game.

Trump is a good resource, LOKShadow is great, RegisKillbin, Sheng, all these guys make budget decks that can be tons of fun and effective.

Hearthpwn is my go to for looking at decks to make because they have a companion app that automatically logs your collection when you launch hearthstone and then tells you how much dust you need to craft any of the decks on their website.

Edit: Just always complete your daily quests if you can, win at least one tavern brawl per week (you get a free card pack for doing so), and just have fun. Half the fun of this game is the slow progression of improving your collection and making more decks. And beating a control warrior with 10 legendaries with your deck that cost 600 dust is just all sorts of satisfying.

Levi

Banned
Renolock is bad in meta anyway (unless all you face is Cthun Warrior) so it's really just Cthun Warrior.

Yeah, at high legend on the last day of the season when everyone is picking Dragon Warrior to get quick games and make top 100, Frozen was able to take Renolock to a number one Legend finish.

So, that little pocket meta was favorable to Renolock. The meta the rest of us sees? Not so much.

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

There's NO WAY it's random chance that II go from seeing 70% hunters for 5 days straight to suddenly facing 60% warrior (3 of 5) when the only thing that changed is I got a warlock quest.

I guarantee that if I try to counterpick midrange Hunter I'll get fucked and warriors will vanish into thin air... like the borders of my cards.

bB5wLH7.png

YlNc3cR.jpg

And yeah, I tried to trick the algorhythm... I picked Warrior, queued up, immediately canceled and switched to Druid so I could beat the Hunter the game selected to punish my warrior, but I, hey , I got warrior anyway. Guess my APM is too low.

Gaining 10 Armor isn't enough when I have 19 on board and you let me keep Brann when I'm holding a 20 attack C'thun. 59 damage turn. Rag went face twice, normally disasterous but this Warrior didn't pressure me at all.

A stopped clock is always wrong, unless it's

fea9af26042b64697d6dfed88acb4e57016182955ec79f9ddd36d16ea7751f37_1.jpg

And yeah, Warrior is way heavily played atm, way more than hunter. If anything, your hunter streak is the oddity, not the warrior.

And rank matters. Top decks become more common as you rank up.

Levi

Banned
And rank matters. Top decks become more common as you rank up.

Lol, who is ranking up? I've been bouncing between 12 and 13 for the past 9 days.

It's not the rank differences that are fucking up my match ups. It's either RNG (unlikely) or an algorithm that makes sure I get bad match ups (confirmed).

Probably not sadly. The problem is as a new player you will get hardly any dust from your packs because you have no cards to start.

Meta decks tend to be quite expensive and usually involve adventure cards that you can't craft or get from packs.

Go into your pack openings with an open mind and just adjust to what cards you get. There are lots of decks you can build for 800 dust or less that are lots of fun and effective enough to get you to legendary once you learn the game.

Trump is a good resource, LOKShadow is great, RegisKillbin, Sheng, all these guys make budget decks that can be tons of fun and effective.

Hearthpwn is my go to for looking at decks to make because they have a companion app that automatically logs your collection when you launch hearthstone and then tells you how much dust you need to craft any of the decks on their website.

Edit: Just always complete your daily quests if you can, win at least one tavern brawl per week (you get a free card pack for doing so), and just have fun. Half the fun of this game is the slow progression of improving your collection and making more decks. And beating a control warrior with 10 legendaries with your deck that cost 600 dust is just all sorts of satisfying.

Thank you for the advice. Should I still drop $40 on the case packs?

For whatever reason, Hearthstone will not update on my phone. Could be a blessing though.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I might have to just uninstall it and redownload.

Lol, who is ranking up? I've been bouncing between 12 and 13 for the past 9 days.

It's not the rank differences that are fucking up my match ups. It's either RNG (unlikely) or an algorithm that makes sure I get bad match ups (confirmed).

It's not an algorithm. It's randomness based on the amount of warriors on ladder. You'll find more warriors at top ranks but as decks catch on more and more people will be playing it so it'll be across more ranks as time goes on. Plus there are multiple warrior decks being played atm. I've seen face warrior (rarest), c'thun warrior (prob most popular atm), control warrior, dragon warrior, tempo warrior (not as common as dragon variant).

And this meta shifts too. Sometimes you'll see more warrior counters than warriors themselves, hence you might see a lot of hybrid/midrange hunters and hand/reno/slow warlocks running around and other times you'll see a lot of warriors.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thank you for the advice. Should I still drop $40 on the case packs?

The problem is you will probably feel unfulfilled by what you get.

I wouldn't recommend spending money on card packs yet. Build some basic/budget decks, figure out what you like, get some gold from quests and open some packs that way. If one of your decks you like could really benefit from one of the cards in one of the adventures, maybe consider buying one of those. The adventures themselves are OK, but not really the draw, at least to me. and the cards you get from an adventure cannot define any decks on their own. You need lots of cards to surround them and make them effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom