• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I've heard several of the streamers mention they have issues with these type of videos because they cherry pick all the bad predictions and those are the ones that get the most attention. Could be interesting to do "What the pros got right" video to counter that sentiment, but I think the video is all in good fun either way.
They have way more right than wrong obviously. Reynad was the worst predictor and he only predicted 10 cards wrong out of like 130. That's better than 90% accuracy.

Though a lot of the cards are pretty straightforward bad or good.

Then again if you take issue with these types of videos then you shouldn't be making prediction videos to begin with.

How's this for a turn 2???

2531xgB.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They have way more right than wrong obviously. Reynad was the worst predictor and he only predicted 10 cards wrong out of like 130. That's better than 90% accuracy.

Though a lot of the cards are pretty straightforward bad or good.

Then again if you take issue with these types of videos then you shouldn't be making prediction videos to begin with.

Yeah, Reynad made a joke about giving subpar advice and I included it at the very start of the video for a reason. There's no malice here.

Dahbomb

I was playing my Nzoth Renolock in Wild (with Dreadsteed).

I pulled off Brann + Dr Boom. To get out 4 Boom Bots.

Then I played Baron into it... and well the game ended REAL QUICK after that!

Just Wild thangs...

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Made it back to rank 10 this season, felt like a more difficult climb than last season. Mostly been playing pirate warrior, fun for quick games and pretty good against zoo and other warriors. Still learning when you trade and when to face with this deck. Taunts are the worst.

Definitely hope to make rank 5. Still lots of time. I'm still thinking of crafting Leeroy, but the 6 damage just doesn't seem that great for pirate. And I'm extremely adverse to playing zoo right now. But he is probably good for getting through an annoying taunt to let you go face for lethal.

jgminto

Had a 12 win Mage arena without any board clears, that was awesome. Malygos helped, he sponged up so many aggressive minions. I also got some insane esportals including Bog Creeper and Onyxia.

rahji

After the hotfix I am still not able to play because of the same error. So the hotfix changed nothing. I just want to do that stupid tavern brawl...

ZeroX03

Banned
Got double Astral Communion in the Tavern Brawl. No cards for me.

Also iPad performance seems to have taken a bad hit.

e: next game I got Pyroblasted to the face. Finally won and Hearthstone threw me a Mukla in the free pack for my suffering so that was nice.

Loomba

2x Lightning Storm, 2x Feral Spirit and 2x Thing From Below all in the last 10 against Zoo; then I get all 3 in the next game's mulligan.

Sometimes this game really wants to fuck ya

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
zealos famous over a night

patchday

Got a quest to do 5 brawls for 60g after I rerolled it from a 40g quest. Lucky me, since I like this week's brawl. was easy money. Picked warlock and got very lucky on cards. Also I wont play cards if I have the board presence since they're a double edged sword

Almost felt sorry for this Mage I was fighting that got hit with Astral Communion and lost all their cards. Even tho the mage had like 24 hp versus my Jaraxus (bout 7hp) I was able to body her

How's this for a turn 2???

2531xgB.jpg

ha that's pretty lucky :)

Would've fucking conceded right then and there. No time for that kind of bullshit.

lol

ZealousD

zealos famous over a night

Yeah it's blowing up on Reddit. I wonder if any of the other streamers besides Kripp have commented on it.

Also, not limiting my picks to the most extremely wrong predictions seems great for generating comments, lol.

rahji

control warrior mirror is cancer to watch. argh endless (boring) games, in which every player has like 30 armor that go until fatigue.

ZealousD

why some mofo in reddit still underestimating malkorok

why

You have people telling me I shouldn't have included Silithid Swarmer because it's good but it just isn't used in any competitive decks.

You have people telling me I shouldn't have included Darkshire Alchemist because it's bad but Priest doesn't have better options and that's why it is in every Priest deck.

There's no pleasing everybody. If I only did a video with Darkshire Councilman and Ancient Shieldbearer people wouldn't have criticized it but they probably wouldn't have watched it either.

Dahbomb

To be fair the video was made with old Slithid Swarmer in mind, it did just get a buff..

But Malkorok and Darkshire Alchemist are staple cards man.

ZealousD

To be fair the video was made with old Slithid Swarmer in mind, it did just get a buff..

But Malkorok and Darkshire Alchemist are staple cards man.

Druid does not want a 3 mana Argent Watchmen, even if it was a beast. I can name three different 3 mana beasts that are still better.

I'm still a fan of silithid swarmer. It's not seen because the rogue decks that might run silithid swarmer are not ran. It might be ran in druid now with the beast tag. I think silithid swarmer could be a sleeper hit. Same with chogal.

When I ran silithid swarmer in a tempo rogue deck, I liked it a lot. I want to see rogue's get some better weapon synergy next patch. "Throw weapon" deal weapon damage, destroy the weapon, draw a card. 2 mana.

Xanathus

I'm still a fan of silithid swarmer. It's not seen because the rogue decks that might run silithid swarmer are not ran. It might be ran in druid now with the beast tag. I think silithid swarmer could be a sleeper hit. Same with chogal.

When I ran silithid swarmer in a tempo rogue deck, I liked it a lot. I want to see rogue's get some better weapon synergy next patch. "Throw weapon" deal weapon damage, destroy the weapon, draw a card. 2 mana.

Yeah I mentioned when the patch hit that a Buff-based Beast Druid might be viable now as an alternate to the more Token oriented version. One problem though is that you lose out on the Savage Roar finisher synergy.

Sheroking

I don't see room for Swarmer in a Beast Druid deck. Druid of the Flame is just better. One less attack, but perserves 2 mana a turn. Even with like Argus on 4, Flame seems better. Plus, it's a better late game card and has synergy with Fandral.

I think Swarmer's utility ends with arena Rogue. Even then, it's only decent.

Xanathus

I don't see room for Swarmer in a Beast Druid deck. Druid of the Flame is just better. One less attack, but perserves 2 mana a turn. Even with like Argus on 4, Flame seems better. Plus, it's a better late game card and has synergy with Fandral.

I think Swarmer's utility ends with arena Rogue. Even then, it's only decent.

The idea is that you enable the Swarmer by buffing it with Mark of the Wild/Nature so it gains taunt. It wouldn't be an aggro deck but rather a more defensive deck, similar to Ramp Druid.

Yeah, I don't really like Swarmer for Druid. I don't think that's a class where you're looking to consistently use your hero power unless you have Savage Combatant out.

Sheroking

The idea is that you enable the Swarmer by buffing it with Mark of the Wild/Nature so it gains taunt. It wouldn't be an aggro deck but rather a more defensive deck, similar to Ramp Druid.

Flame gets the same buffs, can be proactive and attack if you need it to. It's better with innervate, it's better if you don't draw Mark, it's better late-game.

I think Flame is nearly strictly better in the deck you're describing. The only rare instance Swarmer may be better is defending against 5 health minions who are forced to trade with it.

Xanathus

Flame gets the same buffs, can be proactive and attack if you need it to. It's better with innervate, it's better if you don't draw Mark, it's better late-game.

I think Flame is nearly strictly better in the deck you're describing. The only rare instance Swarmer may be better is defending against 5 health minions who are forced to trade with it.

Druid of the Flame is by far better, but it's possible that you might want to run it on top of 2 Flames as another Beast synergy enabler. The fact that it can't attack on it's own also means that people may not remove it which gives you a target for buff spells, similar to Nerubian Egg.

Meh, I think 2/5 is a weak stat line. But it has fandral synergy and the potential to push 5 damage when needed. Silithid swarmer is probably not good enough for druid, but neither is beast druid if you think about it.

There is also claw which frankly isn't a bad card either. Used to be ran in classic druid token decks.

I just find it hard to imagine a scenario where it would be worth it to run something like Claw, or to use Feral Rage and Savage Roar to proc Swarmer when Druid has other options like Druid of the Flame, Mounted Raptor and even Jungle Panther.

Though if someone manages to make it work, awesome. I just have a hard time seeing it myself.

ZealousD

Not only is Druid of the Flame better than Silithid Swarmer but so is Jungle Panther. Stealth has synergy with Savage Roar and Mark of Y'Shaarj.

Not only is Druid of the Flame better than Silithid Swarmer but so is Jungle Panther. Stealth has synergy with Savage Roar and Mark of Y'Shaarj.

2/5 is a mediocre defensive play on turn 3 whereas 3/5 is actually really good for control and offense. And 5/7 >>> 4/7 or 6/4 when the mark hits. But beast druid is bad so it doesn't really matter. I'd imagine in wild it's slightly better but still very bad.

I just find it hard to imagine a scenario where it would be worth it to run something like Claw, or to use Feral Rage and Savage Roar to proc Swarmer when Druid has other options like Druid of the Flame, Mounted Raptor and even Jungle Panther.

Though if someone manages to make it work, awesome. I just have a hard time seeing it myself.

With the current card set, it'll probably always be bad. My point was that you don't necessarily have to use hero power to activate it. If you're getting sufficient value out of an attack card, it also activates silithid swarmer too. That is all I was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom