• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If you're ahead on board, you make a ton of favorable trades. If you're behind on board, you save it to combo with your hard removal or cabal/madness cards. It makes your shadow word pain work against 6 attack minions, steal sylvanas with cabal, steal emperor with cabal... double up to steal up to 7 attack...

I think if you get it to work with 1 strong combo, it's great. If you can pull of 2 of those combos in the same turn, amazing. Potion of madness is only 1 mana, so you basically just need 1 other card to make it amazing.

Then it's also just extremely powerful if you're in control of trades.

Exactly. Only times this doesn't see play is if Priest needs to focus extremely heavily on more aggressive matchups, but that shadow word pain synergy may even be worth it there. You'd think there's at least going to be enough Priests to have to have at least one for the mirror matchup.

1c1ydaZ.jpg
Hey priest but not so priest card.

Pooya

Hey priest but not so priest card.

that's a reno lock card. pretty good, actually could be the new zombie chow!

rogue one drop too maybe, your worst match ups are face decks. I like it. People play argent squire or the pirate and this one is more useful than both.

oti

Banned
What is the presenter dude wearing. It's so dumb. I love it.

This American is full of it.

BTW: Why isn't Amaz in this? I watched some of his streams in the past, isn't he good enough? Him or Massan?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

BTW: Why isn't Amaz in this? I watched some of his streams in the past, isn't he good enough? Him or Massan?

Amaz isn't good enough.

Massan definitely isn't good enough.

oti

Banned
Amaz isn't good enough.

Massan definitely isn't good enough.

Ha, alright. 😄
They are the ones I know because they stream during EU-friendly times and I enjoyed their streams. Haven't watched Hearthstone for a while now though. I have no idea who these people are.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Can't tell if joking.

Amaz isn't very good as a player or caster, but very respected by the community as a streamer and community organizer.

Massan is a view bot scammer that is pretty hated by the community.

Dahbomb

So far there only seem to be two egregiously filler cards.
The bulk of the filler cards come at the end with the dump. Right now they are revealing the cards which would generate the most hype.

I am liking a majority of these cards so far though.

FeD.nL

The cards look good, but with Priest gaining these cards I fear for the other control decks. Ah well it's looking interesting, that's for sure.

oti

Banned
Can't tell if joking.

Amaz isn't very good as a player or caster, but very good member of the community as a streamer and community organizer.

Massan is a view bot scammer that is pretty hated by the community.

I watched them a WHILE ago.
Amaz played Priest, the class I prefer. His streams weren't too bad back then. Watched today again and now an AI voice reads out sub messages and I immediately stopped watching.

Massan I remember liking because he was very calm, I remember his mom sitting next to him while he played. That was endearing. Then he started making bad jokes and I stopped watching him too. I have no idea about this bot scam thing.

Lightbomb and dragon bomb aren't really similar at all.

Agreed. I'm sure dragon bomb is good but it's not light bomb. If you have a minion with higher than 6 health, dragon bomb might simply be a dead card where lightbomb would clear it. So like a 6/6 van cleef is a pretty common van cleef result.

Now... in Dragon decks... it's way better than light bomb...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It has a lot of synergy with other priest cards that have immediate impact, like cabal, shadow word pain, so it's not just a win more card.

Yup...plus it's -3 instead of 2 like Shrinkmeister. Means on 7 mana and up ANY minion with 5 attack can get taken. It enables horror for larger swarm clears while remaining relevant in slower matches.

georly

Seems amazing at first glance.

BUT

If you have border control and use this to maintain board control I'm not sure if this is a win card or a win more card.

It's flexible that it's not just a win-more card, but it can also be used as a board clear + shadow word horror, or to steal minions with cabal or the new potion, or to shadow madness (and maybe even + purify). It's super flexible and only 1 mana.

worst worst worst case scenario it's 'give your minion +3 health this turn only'

Lightbomb and dragon bomb aren't really similar at all.

Except that they're both used as good board clears, i guess not :p

Pooya

too bad rogue is not getting "not blade flurry", it's getting "not stranglethorn tiger" instead lol fail.

I'm not really excited about the coin either, I mean half a innervate is sure as hell still good but in a deck that runs like 2 preps and other things and you already get some really sad hands somewhat often, adding two coins to your deck in place of some other things can lead you to some really depressing top decks. that prep coin concede. sure you can coin coin Edwin on turn 1 for every 3 other game that you lose to yourself. It just feels like they are pushing rogue into some high variance all in game plans with conceals and such that people play right now, I don't like it. it can feel terrible to play against, "I could never beat that hand!" or the opposite. lame.

Dahbomb

I know people are going crazy over the Priest cards but so far nothing has actually made me think that Priest will dominate the meta quite like Shaman is right now.

Priest still has the same bad match ups. It still loses to Rogue, still loses to Control Locks. Dragon Priest looks hella buffed but it's still going to lose to Freeze Mage etc.

I am saying it's basically making Priest better at what it's already good at but not really improving some of its worst match ups.

But we still have most of the expansion to go so who knows what's in store.

inky

I'm glad Druid is in a good spot. Not seen much for Warrior, but if Priest is going to become top dog then both classes are fucked.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Seems amazing at first glance.

BUT

If you have border control and use this to maintain board control I'm not sure if this is a win card or a win more card.

It's very much a win card when combined with Cabal Shadow Priest. The value/tempo of the 7 mana steal + 4/5 is insane.

That it doubles as a win more card when ahead on board is just a nice bonus.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So many games decided by Rag.

Hopefully this gives blizzard the courage to finally nerf him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom