• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Even a non-Dragon Priest might run Dragonfire Potion.

Replace might with will, unless there's a ton of dragons out there for some reason.

Azure Drake becoming even more unkillable for priest is funny though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So I haven't really played Hearthstone, but I was on the battle.net Store and I noticed there is a $50 preorder for the new expansion. I thought all these expansions were free?

They are. That's going to be a card pack bundle you can buy. They sell preorders for card packs during expansions sometimes in order to take some stress off their authentication servers at launch.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So I haven't really played Hearthstone, but I was on the battle.net Store and I noticed there is a $50 preorder for the new expansion. I thought all these expansions were free?

$50 gets you 50 card packs. They are usually $50 for 40 card packs.

When you discover a card it helps to be able to play that card same turn late game. That's a whole lot harder when the discover costs 5 mana.

5/3 stats is worse than 4/4 also.

Late game, the body is irrelevant. At that point you're just playing a card in the hopes to get a worthwhile card. Cards are best when you get full value out of it. A 5/3 I think is more likely to achieve that, and 2 of the classes have resource tools (innervate, counterfeit coin, preparation) to offset the cost of the minion or to create powerful swing turns. And 2 of the classes have powerful cheap spells, being shaman and rogue (huge list between backstab, eviscerate, shadowstrike, lightning storm, maelstrom portal, lavaburst).

I actually don't think it's that important to being able to play the discovered card the same turn the minion is summoned, but late game I don't think it's hard to use a 5 mana minion and a discovered card if you think that is important. Mid game,sure, but late game? Not so difficult. I think it's just a good on curve minion, unlike the other two which don't even trade with most if any played minions in their mana slots. I think the only upside those statlines have is easier to brann.

wiibomb

that to buy the packs, $50 for a certain ammount of packs to get the cards..

they aren't free

inky

In general, you can play Hearthstone in its entirety for free. You can craft cards from free and through the use of gold acquire new packs and even the adventures.

Or you can pay for everything too.

BqNWkVW.png

My cabal shadow priest + potion of madness + SW:pain thanks you for the contribution.

Pooya

I hate priest already. screw this stupid raw power forced design. same thing we feared is happening again just like shaman.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The new steal card plus that Potion card are really going to hurt nzoth decks in wild other than priest. Gimme that sylvanas, Belcher, cairne etc.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Priest is going to be incredibly obnoxious to play against. Wtf at that 1 mana slightly worse shadow madness.

ZealousD

I'm honestly not super impressed with Pint-sized potion myself. Feels like a clunky toy to me.

Dahbomb

Blizzard going ham on Priest.

I haven't seen a single "bad" Priest card yet. All of them are at least some what usable to good/great.

mid83

Hmm cool. Maybe I should finally jump into this game. I'm just scared that at this point so far out from release that a new player is going to be a big hole and very behind.

Szadek

Pint-sized potion is very gimmicky and as a resut hard to predict.
It does nothing on it's own ,but can pull of some neat combos.

If anyone wants to shoot the shit on Skype about hearthstone send me a pm or just add me I'm gringoros#2385 on eu. If you're from the us or Canada give me a heads up on Gaf , because I don't check that account regularly.

Cheers! Btw Germans or English speakers are welcome! Maybe we can get enough people together for a little group.

Raxus

All these shrink cards combined with the spells that already steal 2 attack creatures will make people hate priest again. I love it.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hmm cool. Maybe I should finally jump into this game. I'm just scared that at this point so far out from release that a new player is going to be a big hole and very behind.

You'll be behind sure. And right now is a slightly awkward time to start because of a rotation in 4-5 months. But the game is a ton of fun and collecting cards is great fun.

georly

It's basically shrinkmeister on steroids. Do you remember how powerful that card was in priest?

Shrinkmeister was 2 mana, and only reduced 1 minion by 2. This is way better. You lose the body, but you survive way more trades, and potentially steal way more minions as a result.

Worst case scenario is you get a good trade for 1 mana. Almost like giving your minion 3 extra health this turn only.

mid83

You'll be behind sure. And right now is a slightly awkward time to start because of a rotation in 4-5 months. But the game is a ton of fun and collecting cards is great fun.

Is there a lot of content even if you have no interest in ranking/ladders or anything like that, or it pretty much all multiplayer? Sorry if I sound ignorant as I don't know a ton about the game.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm honestly not super impressed with Pint-sized potion myself. Feels like a clunky toy to me.

I'm guessing we'll be back to priests stealing each other's Yseras being pretty important though. And this is one mana less that enables 5 attack minion steals too.

Pooya

I can imagine what happened making this set, all these spells were 3-4 mana. Then Lifecoach was like nein nein, eins!

If you're ahead on board, you make a ton of favorable trades. If you're behind on board, you save it to combo with your hard removal or cabal/madness cards. It makes your shadow word pain work against 6 attack minions, steal sylvanas with cabal, steal emperor with cabal... double up to steal up to 7 attack...

I think if you get it to work with 1 strong combo, it's great. If you can pull of 2 of those combos in the same turn, amazing. Potion of madness is only 1 mana, so you basically just need 1 other card to make it amazing.

Then it's also just extremely powerful if you're in control of trades.

ZealousD

It's basically shrinkmeister on steroids. Do you remember how powerful that card was in priest?

Shrinkmeister wasn't an auto-include and even when decks ran it often they only ran 1 copy. There was also a body attached to the effect, which is not the case with this potion. It's a dead card in your hand until you draw the card it has synergies with. It might just make your deck clunky. A possible one-of but I don't think I would run two.

Pooya

pin sized potion is yet another cheap spell for wild pyro too, you can do some stupid pyro turns with it combined with sw:p too for example. It has many utilities.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is there a lot of content even if you have no interest in ranking/ladders or anything like that, or it pretty much all multiplayer? Sorry if I sound ignorant as I don't know a ton about the game.

Pretty much just multiplayer.

There is short single player "campaigns" if you buy the adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom