• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

I dunno, it seems great because it can be a free 7/7 but it's also a card that is dead until 10 mana. But I know once they start playing this card and ragnaros in the same turn, I'll hate it lol.

I mean this one mostly

UENl2yB.png

this is like your 3rd and 4th wild growth if you want it.

hell, even this one isn't bad either, could replace one Nourish for example. It's ramp and draw.

KqvJQwM.png

I think druid easily got the best cards from the revealed so far. lol

Par Score

Reno / Kazakus Mage says yes please.

well most of these cards are terrible against midrange shaman lol. a bunch of high mana low stat effect cards that are too slow to defend yourself with.

Yep, "but how does it deal with Midrange Shaman" has to be the first question asked of Blizzard every step of the way here.

However interesting or cool this expansion is, if stuff settles down a week after it comes out with Midrange Shaman still shitting all over the meta then it's a total failure.

Iryx

The blog post says there are 9 tri-class cards, which seems like a very small amount, with the three Discover minions that was revealed and the gang bosses taking up 6 out of 9 of those spots.

So the tri-class discover class cards...

we have a 2 mana 1/1 (-3 stats)
3 mana 2/2 (-3 stats)
5 mana 5/3 (-3 stats)

All pretty low stats for their cost.

But I don't think that the 5 mana one is actually bad. Ethereal conjurer is a very playable 5 drop with 1 attack more. But this one does a rogue, druid, or shaman card (2 shots at mana ramp!). Yeah it's a 5 drop with 3 health, but it'll often go 1:1 as a body whereas a 2 mana 1/1 may have little to no impact, especially late game where you might think this card is more flexible since you can weave it in with the rest of your turn.

I think the Lotus agents (5 mana 5/3) is actually a decent card. It's similar to azure drake in terms of stats. No spellpower but I think this is actually a card you run in a more minion based deck anyway. I'm optimistic about it.

I thought Lunar Visions was a Rogue card lol.

And I thought it was druid and u told me I was wrong! :p

Pooya

I'm pretty sure you can build a druid deck now that consistently ramps to 8+ by turn 4 lol. and you don't even need astral!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So the tri-class discover class cards...

we have a 2 mana 1/1 (-3 stats)
3 mana 2/2 (-3 stats)
5 mana 5/3 (-3 stats)

All pretty low stats for their cost.

But I don't think that the 5 mana one is actually bad. Ethereal conjurer is a very playable 5 drop with 1 attack more. But this one does a rogue, druid, or shaman card. Yeah it's a 5 drop with 3 health, but it'll often go 1:1 as a body whereas a 2 mana 1/1 may have little to no impact, especially late game where you might think this card is more flexible since you can weave it in with the rest of your turn.

I think the Lotus agents (5 mana 5/3) is actually a decent card. It's similar to azure drake in terms of stats. No spellpower but I think this is actually a card you run in a more minion based deck anyway. I'm optimistic about it.

And I thought it was druid and u told me I was wrong! :p

When you discover a card it helps to be able to play that card same turn late game. That's a whole lot harder when the discover costs 5 mana.

5/3 stats is worse than 4/4 also.

Pooya

why they're pushing dragon priest so much now? seems like a rushed band aid solution that lasts only for like 4 months lol.

you can play that outside of a dragon deck just fine though, priest still can't kill azure drake lol.

Dahbomb

Yeah I would put it as my 5th-6th board clear versus Holy Nova in a Control Priest (2 Auchenai, 2 Excavated Evils, 2 Dragonbomb).

mid83

So I haven't really played Hearthstone, but I was on the battle.net Store and I noticed there is a $50 preorder for the new expansion. I thought all these expansions were free?

So I haven't really played Hearthstone, but I was on the battle.net Store and I noticed there is a $50 preorder for the new expansion. I thought all these expansions were free?

Preorder is usually to buy a bunch of expansion card packs for a bit less money than they would normally go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom