• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

that hunter 2 drop could be ok with grandmother and infested wolf, I think it's good enough.

Paladin now can have their minibots back PogChamp.

They're pushing some 10 1 drop paladin deck I guess.

Dahbomb

Could dragon priest be a good counterpick to midrange shaman? at least that way the deck will be a success for me, even if has some terrible MU
Yeah, that seems like the situation where Dragon Priest would be relevant at. It's mainly Dragonfire Bomb that swings it the favor of the Priest.

Blizzard clearly is not going to stop until Bolster Taunt Warrior is going to be a thing. Can't wait for 3 mana 6/7 Taunt.

The Paladin card is yet another "I am going to play a crap ton of weenie aggro minions and vomit them on the board" card. I think it has to hit AT LEAST 3 minions for it to be worth it and guess which card pulls exactly 3 1 drops from your deck...

The Trogg itself isn't a beast which hurts it. Otherwise it's an alright card.

How are you supposed to beat Freeze Mage? I'm using Dragon Priest and every time I get out a couple big threats (not filling the board for fear of Flamestrike) he just uses Cone of Cold or Blizzard. Then again he got really lucky by getting freeze spells from Cabalist's Tome, and his Medivh gave him Curator and Antonidas. I'm at 20 HP and he just burns me to win.
You don't beat it with Dragon Priest. Best you can do is tech in Ragnaros.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The hunter card is bad. Kindly Grandmother is just way better.

The Paladin card seems interesting. It's kind of like a 2 mana Sword of Justice. It doesn't pair well with Steward of Darkshire but maybe it is a decent 2 drop in a midrange or control Paladin? Maybe not control. Too many spells.

The warrior card could just absolutely wreck zoo (6/7 fierce monkey) but it is very punishable by classes with hard removal.

Pooya

giving 1/1 to divine shield minions is a really big deal. I think it could be good if there are more cheap divine shield minions.

We have argent squire and argent horserider, both get like very good with this... if it hits them. yeah how consistent that is. There is the new legendary too.

Still other creatures like Argent Protector that you will play in a deck like this get better too, 3/3 2 drop give something divine shield is quite nuts.

Most importantly your other creature don't all die to ravaging ghoul or FoK now. I think it's ok but it's hard to evaluate, it depends on what other cheap creature there is. Current card pool isn't great right now.

The card is much better than mistcaller because it cost 2 duh :p

ZealousD

Make aggro paladin great again

Honestly I don't like that card in aggro paladin. Too slow. It might help you against Ravaging Ghouls but not most other board clears.

I'm more inclined to think Midrange where the full +1/+1 stats will matter more and it would be in a deck that has a bad Turn 2 anyway.

It is pretty disgusting with Argent Horserider, though. 3/2 charge divine shield is kind of a 5 mana card.

wiibomb

a 6 mana 5/9 taunt when paired with bloodhoof brave? It can potentially become a 8/8

hmm, that could work.. and it would at least waste a hard removal from the opponent

I also like the paladin card, there aren't that much turn 2 optimal minions for paladin and this can be one

ZealousD

hmm, that could work.. and it would at least waste a hard removal from the opponent

It wouldn't be wasted. They used 1 card to kill 2 of your cards. Two-for-oneing yourself is bad. That card is amazingly bad against hard removal. Much more likely to screw with a deck that doesn't run silence or hard removal. Like zoo. Maybe Druid, if it doesn't get Mulched.

Xis

there is no in client preorder this time, only on their online shop.

That's not changing, it is mentioned very clearly in their press release that it's only available there. there is no card back this time.

Is no cardback confirmed? If so, that's an odd decision. I doubt I will preorder if one isn't included.

Pooya

forgot paladin got a new 1 drop, this card activates that one. Then there is selfless hero too which is quite powerful if it has +1/+1.

I'd say the card is pretty good and some stupid deck like the one reynad had in that tournament early this year with tinyfin, wisps things like that could be scary, The aim is to put some really scary stats on board by turn 3. dump that hand.

I look forward to that trolden video, when a guy coins it out then plays 4 2/2s for 0 lol.

sibarraz

Banned
I like how blizzard is pushing some archetypes (dragon priest, cheap aggro paladin) I still ghope to see more archetypes for this classes though

gutshot

Grimestreet Outfitter is INSANE in aggro paladin. It combos so well with Divine Favor and the new card, Small-time Recruits. It should be pretty easy to get +3/+3 stats out of it and will often hit for more. Best card in the set, so far, for me.

wiibomb

It wouldn't be wasted. They used 1 card to kill 2 of your cards. Two-for-oneing yourself is bad. That card is amazingly bad against hard removal. Much more likely to screw with a deck that doesn't run silence or hard removal. Like zoo. Maybe Druid, if it doesn't get Mulched.

this is true..

may be a huge wall for zoo, but all in all this is a risky card to put, and it can use 2 slots that could be used in other cards

Pooya

the hunter card is probably going to wait until after king's elek rotates out, that's just a much better upside, then if you want more 2 drops in midrange hunter it could be one of the better options, flame juggler won't be around then either, mid range hunter is seemingly dead right now though but it could come back if control is more popular. I get the impression that they're lowering the power level of cheap creatures finally so we're getting cards like these now. It's going to be the standard, not what you're used to see.

Dahbomb

the hunter card is probably going to wait until after king's elek rotates out, that's just a much better upside, then if you want more 2 drops in midrange hunter it could be one of the better options, flame juggler won't be around then either, mid range hunter is seemingly dead right now though but it could come back if control is more popular. I get the impression that they're lowering the power level of cheap creatures finally so we're getting cards like these now.
Both Hungry Toad and King's Elekk are rotating out at the same time so that makes space for this card to see play in the future in Midrange Beast Hunter deck.

zoukka

The hunter card is bad. Kindly Grandmother is just way better.

The Paladin card seems interesting. It's kind of like a 2 mana Sword of Justice. It doesn't pair well with Steward of Darkshire but maybe it is a decent 2 drop in a midrange or control Paladin? Maybe not control. Too many spells.

The warrior card could just absolutely wreck zoo (6/7 fierce monkey) but it is very punishable by classes with hard removal.

It's like you got all the cards mirrored. The hunter one is the best and the warrior one the worst.

sibarraz

Banned
The paladin card is really bad for turn 2, I could see it working as a combo with 2 argent squires drawn with that draw 3 minion spell though

gutshot

the hunter card is probably going to wait until after king's elek rotates out, that's just a much better upside, then if you want more 2 drops in midrange hunter it could be one of the better options, flame juggler won't be around then either, mid range hunter is seemingly dead right now though but it could come back if control is more popular. I get the impression that they're lowering the power level of cheap creatures finally so we're getting cards like these now.

I can't see this minion ever being played unless Hunters are really desperate for a 2-drop in the future. Adding +1/+1 to a random minion in hand just isn't a good enough effect. If it was, Forlorn Stalker would be seeing play. Not to mention it doesn't even buff the on-curve 3-drop that Hunters want to play.

do i bring midrange shaman to a 3 deck swiss style 1 ban tournament? the main reason i'm hesitant is because i don't have harrison so my deck is very vanilla, and i feel there's a super high chance that'll get teched against. def gonna bring secret hunter, that's just annoying as shit to play against and i don't think it's as likely to get teched. debating the last two though.

i play a lot of wild so as far as standard goes i can go mage...nzoth priest, rez priest (lol), dragon priest, i could make a warrior but i lack barron geddon which makes me not want to...disco lock, beast or ramp druid (lul), unfortunately i can't stand rogue or mally decks (did i mention i hate this meta?). i guess i have the cards to make any pally deck but they're not good right now for tourneys are they? Any suggestions ? Haven't hit a tourney in like a year

Pooya

the warrior card is so bad I didn't even bother thinking about it. You essentially play it on a turn, it does nothing, you pass your turn lol.

For it to do anything, you need to have taunt in your hand. There are not that many good taunts to play even in warrior, If you're playing too many taunts, more than 4, your deck is just terrible. It's like noob trap the card. I've noticed how new players have this tendency to have many taunts in their decks, you lose so much tempo playing taunt usually, that's why belcher was insane, it was just that good.

Then even if we assume you have this taunt heavy deck, what if this hits the wrong target so that you can't curve out like you imagined in your fantasy? this isn't ramp.

I'm sure Blizzard has this fantasy deck with bolster, I know a guy and protect the king that appeals a lot to new players but these fantasy land combo wombos never work in competitive environment. Not every card is made for competitive players. Some type of players like this kind of cards, it's fun when it works I guess.

I think the Hunter card has potential to be run now or in the future.

Paladin card seems at odds with itself. Obviously built for flood decks but you don't want to be saving all your cards just to give them +1/+1.

Warrior card seems like it would be really insane if you can hit it on a Fierce Monkey or Bloodhoof Brave in the early game. Is that worth a card and two mana though? I'm not sure.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I think the Hunter card has potential to be run now or in the future.

Paladin card seems at odds with itself. Obviously built for flood decks but you don't want to be saving all your cards just to give them +1/+1.

Warrior card seems like it would be really insane if you can hit it on a Fierce Monkey or Bloodhoof Brave in the early game. Is that worth a card and two mana though? I'm not sure.

How often can you afford to pass turn 2 to make your turn 3 a bit better?

There is too much hard removal available from turn 4 on for that to be a great move. And that is largely best case scenario.

Reynoodle messed up his reveal.

iJq1yjW.png

Pooya

well, you don't want to play that against priest lolol.

I don't think it's ever worth to play that when you have bloodhoof.

I think this is not a warrior expansion hah. I'm guessing shaman cards are going to be as bad.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If Trogg Beastrager was a beast himself, he'd be equal to or slightly better than Kindly Grandmother. Tempo-wise you'd much rather have the higher stated 3/2 have the immediate impact on the board, with the 1/1 worth of value coming out later.

Not being a beast makes me think Huge Toad and/or King's Ellek is a little bit better.

ZealousD

It's like you got all the cards mirrored. The hunter one is the best and the warrior one the worst.

If it's not obvious, I thought the Paladin card was the best.

The Hunter card is just not that good. I think it's worse than King's Elekk. It certainly doesn't fit in Secret Hunter which has very few beasts in it. It's fair but Hunter doesn't need fair.

Edit: Paladin card is best. Not worst.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Grimestreet Outfitter is pure garbage. We've seen how much value giving cards in your hand or deck +1/+1 is, and it's not much. You're put too far behind in tempo earily game to get good tempo out of it, and +1/+1 just isn't quite meaningful enough late game.

Sword of Justice might have been better, since at least it's less conditional on having minions in hand.

And bolster warrior cards are bolster warrior cards. Nothing worth saying there.

Pooya

I can't see this minion ever being played unless Hunters are really desperate for a 2-drop in the future. Adding +1/+1 to a random minion in hand just isn't a good enough effect. If it was, Forlorn Stalker would be seeing play. Not to mention it doesn't even buff the on-curve 3-drop that Hunters want to play.

that card doesn't see play exactly because it's a 3 drop and it's a 4/2 that's not good, you don't need more 3 drops in hunter, not a bad one like that. You will need more 2 drops eventually and this is good enough because it will be the best you will have. Mid hunter typically plays 4-6 2 drops. It's crucial to have something on 2, there are many many better options on 3.

gutshot

that card doesn't see play exactly because it's a 3 drop and it's a 4/2 that's not good, you don't need more 3 drops in hunter, not a bad one like that. You will need more 2 drops eventually and this is good enough because it will be the best you will have. Mid hunter typically plays 4-6 2 drops. It's crucial to have something on 2, there are many many better options on 3.

True. I don't think the card/effect is good but might see play if Hunters' only other option at the 2-slot is, like, Bloodfen Raptor or something.

I think beastrager is playable. It's probably better than huge toad or at least as good.

The warrior taunt is maybe playable at a later date. Only good in taunt focused warrior decks right now. But later after justicar is rotated out, maybe a good way to get 10 or more armor. If you have that at 5 attack and your opponent actually has to attack through it, that could be 15 health right there, plus the damage prevented by the taunt itself. That could be huge. Maybe it's good enough now on that basis.

zoukka

7 health gain a bunch of armor taunt for 5-mana is nothing to laugh at. Depending on the meta, it can be a new staple for slow warrior decks or a dead card if everyone plays priest.

It's so clearly a pair for the terrible taunt spell. A 5 mana Ancient of War with armor gain is a terrifying concept.

The Hunter card is just not that good. I think it's worse than King's Elekk. It certainly doesn't fit in Secret Hunter which has very few beasts in it. It's fair but Hunter doesn't need fair.

Yeah I didn't claim it's great or anything, but clearly the best of those three.

ZealousD

My inclination is that Alley Armorsmith is a slower and less reliable Ironforge Portal.

Pooya

it will only give you armor if it's removed by trading, it doesn't give you armor if it's removed by spells. You can't really count on the armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom