• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every class has some OP common card in their standard kit that's crazy as balls. Fiery War Axe is just one of them. For the other classes you have Fireball. Power Word: Shield, Innervate, Animal Companion, Truesilver Champion, Backstab, Rockbiter Weapon, and Power Overwhelming....

idk if I'd call pw:s op, but I was specifically just talking about a two drop

5th warrior in a row.

.eJwNzEsKwyAQANC7uK86xm9OkH0PIGIGDSQadLoqvXsDb_2-7DNOtrJKdM9ViP2YuY-dT-ojFeSl93Jiuo_Jc79EIkq5XthoCnDSKm9gcT4EqbwOQkm9OGOlsQDB26C12DANqk_XML7zQGyzdorSveBhIwQOikvP71bY7w89Tyy-.TgjjnODbu_MyBaKxCXuvroj-oR8.png

OTK warrior who obviously had the OTK assembled with some of the cards buffed by ET.

Roped out and then conceded lol.

Tacitus_

worgen OTK decks don't seem to do well against me, because they have to burn all their combo pieces to survive.

I've played against two tonight and crushed both. First didn't like my Twin emps and this died because I brann shieldbearerd, he did combo on my face and I shieldbearerd again and brawled his board. No board for him, no cards in hand nor in deck. Still pretty scary, taking 49 damage in one turn.

manhack

I guess streamers have been craving a combo deck like this for awhile. Kind of a throwback to the Patron warrior, math warrior, molten giant warrior days.

I guess charge is preeety good.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
In todays how many wins will I get in Arena with this deck:

http://imgur.com/XXftuhg

Not shown 2 deadly poison, Hungry crab, Buccaneer, and Shadowstep

I'm not a huge fan of this deck. Your early game contains a lot of removal and you'll be using your face a lot. Your top end is kind of bad. Your N'Zoth is insane but I'm just concerned you won't last that long.

Triz

I'm not a huge fan of this deck. Your early game contains a lot of removal and you'll be using your face a lot. Your top end is kind of bad. Your N'Zoth is insane but I'm just concerned you won't last that long.

You aren't wrong, my first game I was down to 10 health with Paladin at 25. Massive burst at the end with Nzoth forced the concede from him.

Asbel

LOKShadow's PatronOTK deck wrecks the commanding shout otk deck. Their wild pyromancer commanding shout shenanigans don't work as well with patrons on board.
I like the commanding pyro synergy. You get use out of commanding the same turn you dropped a minion to favorably clear their board. Boards with only one win condition get boring to me so I still like patron otk more. Will try to put in commanding shout though.

Levi

Banned
S3qw5n4.jpg

Since I'm not going to get many favorable match-ups, I guess I have to win the ones I'm supposed to lose.

Beat two midrange hunters, renolock and a c'thun warrior with control warrior, all of those are bad match ups.

I've found that even though control warrior is much worse in this meta than C'thun warrior, I do a lot better with Control Warrior because I'm more comfortable playing it and I'm not as punished for bad draws. Feels easier to recover from a bad opening hand than trying to play C'thun Warrior when all your C'thun buffs are in the bottom half of your deck.

EDIT:

Friendly Fued is live on the Asian server. All quests can be completed in friendly battles with friends. I'm betting the same starts tomorrow on NA and EU.

gdr2HLC.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I like the commanding pyro synergy. You get use out of commanding the same turn you dropped a minion to favorably clear their board. Boards with only one win condition get boring to me so I still like patron otk more. Will try to put in commanding shout though.

It is definitely cool when the commanding shout pyro combo clears their board and draws you a bunch of cards.

Playing a zoo today I got hit with triple PO plus soulfire on turn 7 for lethal. That sucked.

Zoggy

Every class has some OP common card in their standard kit that's crazy as balls. Fiery War Axe is just one of them. For the other classes you have Fireball. Power Word: Shield, Innervate, Animal Companion, Truesilver Champion, Backstab, Rockbiter Weapon, and Power Overwhelming....
War axe is by far better than all of those.

I agree that nerfing it is impossible I'm just saying give other classes something similar to that power level

Sheroking

I agree that nerfing it is impossible I'm just saying give other classes something similar to that power level

I definitely do not agree that War Axe is inherently more powerful. It's the meta that's making it so powerful, not the card itself.

If curves weren't so aggressively low to avoid getting rushed down by Tempo Warriors, Shaman's and Zoo - War Axe would have fewer good targets.

ZealousD

War Axe seems powerful now but there were actually times before Standard came around that warriors decided that cutting one was a good idea. Meanwhile the only real Mage deck that ever decided to not auto-include double fireball was Reno mage! For obvious reasons.

War Axe is extra powerful in this current meta where 1/3's, 2/3's, and 3/2's are what people are playing for early game. Tunnel Trogg, Mana Wyrm, Voidwalker, Flame Juggler, Beckoner of Evil, Huge Toad, King's Elekk, Alexstrasza's Champion, Faerie Dragon, etc. Hell even the 3/4's you might see can get cleared with War Axe when Blood to Ichor is around. if you ever see cards built like Haunted Creeper or Mad Scientist making a comeback into the meta suddenly things get a lot worse.

how do you play this OTK shout/pyro warrior? Do you have to save the combo pieces no matter what? how tf do you win when you don't draw emperor thaus?

Sheroking

how do you play this OTK shout/pyro warrior? Do you have to save the combo pieces no matter what? how tf do you win when you don't draw emperor thaus?

You just draw like a mother fucker until you can hit enough pieces with Emperor and then Wargen+Charge+Inner Rage+Faceless for a 32 damage 1 hit KO.

Think I'm going to play some freeze mage or C'Thun Druid and screw with these decks. It was really sad to lose on turn 7 with a Control Priest, when my only possible answer to what was coming was the Golden Monkey.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You don't always need all the pieces. You can still be doing damage took face prior to buying your combo.

You just draw like a mother fucker until you can hit enough pieces with Emperor and then Wargen+Charge+Inner Rage+Faceless for a 32 damage 1 hit KO.

Think I'm going to play some freeze mage or C'Thun Druid and screw with these decks. It was really sad to lose on turn 7 with a Control Priest, when my only possible answer to what was coming was the Golden Monkey.
Freeze Mage is trash in Standard and Wild right now. Dead deck.

But it hard counters Wargen Warrior.
Is ladder filled with that right now or something? lol

Freeze Mage struggles against Aggro Shaman and Midrange Hunter, and straight up loses to all Warrior decks. Even Wargen Warrior, because all a Warrior has to do is Hero Power every turn and not leave Alex and Thaurissan on the board for more than a turn. If a Warrior can do those 2 things, Freeze Mage is free.

Mulgrok

my buff deck is doing really well. My head hurts from planning out turns though. Aggro and shaman decks give me the most trouble.

Sheroking

Freeze Mage struggles against Aggro Shaman and Midrange Hunter, and straight up loses to all Warrior decks. Even Wargen Warrior, because all a Warrior has to do is Hero Power every turn and not leave Alex and Thaurissan on the board for more than a turn. If a Warrior can do those 2 things, Freeze Mage is free.

Dude, no offense, you're not telling me anything I don't know.

Dude, no offense, you're not telling me anything I don't know.

I'm not offended if you want to spend a few hours losing matches, lol. Have a good time man.

War Axe seems powerful now but there were actually times before Standard came around that warriors decided that cutting one was a good idea. Meanwhile the only real Mage deck that ever decided to not auto-include double fireball was Reno mage! For obvious reasons.

War Axe is extra powerful in this current meta where 1/3's, 2/3's, and 3/2's are what people are playing for early game. Tunnel Trogg, Mana Wyrm, Voidwalker, Flame Juggler, Beckoner of Evil, Huge Toad, King's Elekk, Alexstrasza's Champion, Faerie Dragon, etc. Hell even the 3/4's you might see can get cleared with War Axe when Blood to Ichor is around. if you ever see cards built like Haunted Creeper or Mad Scientist making a comeback into the meta suddenly things get a lot worse.
If only the game HAD minions that were, say, 1/2s that spawns 1/1s on death, that kept War Axe in check. *looks at Brode*

Zoggy

Well said. You are right. Although I don't think fire ball is the more important auto-include for mages its frost bolt

fertygo

This Worgen deck draw entire deck, and the OTK damage often leave in awkward hp number after ice bloack

ice block, Worgen and facless cleared freeze mage won

This Worgen deck draw entire deck, and the OTK damage often leave in awkward hp number after ice bloack

ice block, Worgen and facless cleared freeze mage won
All the Warrior has to do is pump up armor and the Freeze Mage will die from Fatigue. There is no such thing as a Warrior deck that struggles against Freeze Mage, lol. There are only Warrior decks that choose to play poorly against Freeze Mage.

Zoggy

speaking of fire ball the other day when I was making a smurf account for Morgl there was a card bursting animation in the tutorial that showed a 5 mana fireball. That seems more fair

fertygo

All the Warrior has to do is pump up armor and the Freeze Mage will die from Fatigue. There is no such thing as a Warrior deck that struggles against Freeze Mage, lol. There are only Warrior decks that choose to play poorly against Freeze Mage.

Dude you should just watch the deck before commenting lol

Mr yagut is high rank legend goes like 0-6 at that matchup,

its niche deck why you surprised deck had strange matchup result

deck usually outdraw opponent by 10+ card including freeze mage, no way its win in fatigue

Dude you should just watch the deck before commenting lol

Mr yagut is high rank legend goes like 0-6 at that matchup,

its niche deck why you surprised deck had strange matchup result

deck usually outdraw opponent by 10+ card including freeze mage, no way its win in fatigue
I've seen the deck. Go ahead and play Freeze Mage if you want - have fun.

You don't HAVE to play your draw cards, you know. That's part of playing matchups. If, on turn 2, your opponent plays a gnome or pings face, the OTK Warrior player should start armoring up and choosing not to play draw beyond what is necessary to maintain the board.

Sheroking

Dude, seriously rethink the strong opinions about things you barely know about.

This is the Wargen OTK deck that a strong player hit Rank 1 legend with recently. It's all over ladder right now. It's only armor gain is Shield Block, there's no justicar.

Variants of this deck existed years before you started playing Hearthstone and Freeze Mage has always crushed it, because it kills you from 30 health and leaves you at ~10 health when they pop block. It has one win condition and ice block completely denies it. Every deck in the game fatigues it if they survive the combo.

Freeze Mage and Wargen OTK has always been like a 9-1 match in Freeze Mage's favor and that 1 is the Warrior gets combo before the Mage gets block.

ZealousD

Every warrior deck wins in fatigue against freeze mage. As long as you save your removal for Emperor, Alexstrasza, and Antonidas, you'll burn the mage out by hero powering every turn. Just don't play your own draw and toss away everything else but your removal. I've never seen anything that says otherwise.

Sheroking

Every warrior deck wins in fatigue against freeze mage. As long as you save your removal for Emperor, Alexstrasza, and Antonidas, you'll burn the mage out by hero powering every turn. Just don't play your own draw and toss away everything else but your removal. I've never seen anything that says otherwise.

That's because you don't know this deck.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/588390-nevs-rank-1-worgen-otk

It's only built to draw and purge full boards of small minions. It only runs two executes for removal and has limited armor gain. It has like 7 combo pieces in the deck and that's it's only win condition.

It loses the fatigue game against every deck in the game. Literally - every deck.

Dude, seriously rethink the strong opinions about things you barely know about.

This is the Wargen OTK deck that a strong player hit Rank 1 legend with recently. It's all over ladder right now. It's only armor gain is Shield Block, there's no justicar.

Variants of this deck existed years before you started playing Hearthstone and Freeze Mage has always crushed it, because it kills you from 30 health and leaves you at ~10 health when they pop block. It has one win condition and ice block completely denies it. Every deck in the game fatigues it if they survive the combo.

Freeze Mage and Wargen OTK has always been like a 9-1 match in Freeze Mage's favor and that 1 is the Warrior gets combo before the Mage gets block.
Go play your Freeze Mage, lol. Let us know how great you do. Record your awesome winstreak. :)

Modern Freeze Mage doesn't even run Antonidas. Forbidden Torch provides that last bit of firepower instead in a lot of cases.

Dahbomb

You guys have to be crazy if you think that OTK Warrior deck loses to Freeze Mage.

You wanna know how you beat Ice Block of Freeze Mage? When the game is in fatigue you hit the Mage for around 28 damage from hand and they die from fatigue on their turn without triggering Ice Block. That's exactly how it was played back in the original Grim Patron days. 99% of the match up is just sitting there spamming armor up and not using up your draw cards.

Dog having a OTK Warrior vs Freeze Mage match up right now.

It wasn't as clean cut as people are suggesting here, cause the mage looked like he dropped the ball big time and still only barely lost.

I tuned in just to see Dog, the #1 ranked Hearthstone player, beat the #2 ranked Hearthstone player using Freeze Mage with fatigue.

But I guess I'm too new to the game to know what I'm talking about. :)

Thanks for the link man!

Huh? Looked like some random on ladder. He isn't even legend on that account/region yet.

ricelord

You guys have to be crazy if you think that OTK Warrior deck loses to Freeze Mage.

You wanna know how you beat Ice Block of Freeze Mage? When the game is in fatigue you hit the Mage for around 28 damage from hand and they die from fatigue on their turn without triggering Ice Block. That's exactly how it was played back in the original Grim Patron days. 99% of the match up is just sitting there spamming armor up and not using up your draw cards.

lol Dog just did that.

The reason grim patron shat over freeze mage was armorsmith giving them tons of armor, also runs more threats than the OTK worgen deck being played now. I mean, I doubt freeze mage is significantly favored but I am not convinced it's the other way around either. I think typically if the mage plays their hand right they hit fatigue later than this otk deck that runs so much draw it almost makes mage look a bit on the slow side.

That Pyromancer + Commanding Shout tech is pretty cool.

It wasn't as clean cut as people are suggesting here, cause the mage looked like he dropped the ball big time and still only barely lost.

Huh? Looked like some random on ladder. He isn't even legend on that account/region yet.
Oh whoops! I'm all on a high from Evo Grand Finals, hahaha. Gets the point across, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom