• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough shields that control has trouble removing the stuff, and board clears are usually ineffective. I have to get a good draw to beat aggro though, because no board clear of my own. Does well against midrange because of shields allowing favorable trades.

EDIT: I put in the murlocs because I need bodies on the board asap. Just having a 1/1 survive is enough for me to maintain board control.

No djinn sadface

Zoggy

smh at people crying all these crocodile tears for priest.

did everyone forget!?!?

where were these tears when anduin entombed your tirion

where were these tears when anduin thoughtstole your win condition and played it before you even drew it?

where were these tears when they played a mogushan warden and divine spirit divine spirit inner fire'd you.

anduin must pay.

jgminto

smh at people crying all these crocodile tears for priest.

did everyone forget!?!?

where were these tears when anduin entombed your tirion

where were these tears when anduin thoughtstole your win condition and played it before you even drew it?

where were these tears when they played a mogushan warden and divine spirit divine spirit inner fire'd you.

anduin must pay.
All reasons why priest is an amazingly fun class to play and should be competitive. No sympathy for Paladins either.

fertygo

Anduin will return with Vengeance, if they became tier 1 tho I hope their playstyle not resolve around no play around shit, how you play around card steal shit

card like entomb is fine, I afraid they buff priest with card like dark peddler replacement tho, fuck that

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, damn. My "Hearthstone Pros Were Wrong" video now has more views on it than the video that inspired it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIXTLKKNafc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kO6zb_TKek

Honestly, I feel like Kripp is right from what I've played of Fandral. The choose two styled cards aren't quite good enough to make it very good. It has potential to snowball, but snowball cards aren't great in hearthstone. Best thing about it is Druid is weak enough to the point where there aren't enough good cards to put in over it, though it is in a weird position where making Druid a stronger class probably makes it a stronger card, unless all the good new druid cards aren't choose two.

I really don't understand why pros slept on Darkshire Councilman though. I thought that one was a given. Of course 5 health on turn 3 with board control powers of zoo was going to be good, and of course you sometimes have 6+ mana to easily turn it into a decently to amazing stated minion for the cost.

Funny how both are low cost 5 health snowball cards, but that 1 mana difference, combined with the difference of which class gets early board control makes all the difference.

Other than that, I feel a little betrayed into believing the pros saw something about Cho'gall that I didn't see, and like Trump a lot more because he actually lives down his big misses unlike those other casters that never mention their predictions after launch. He still makes jokes about how "bad" Darkshire Councilman is supposed to be.

fertygo

Druid is very strong right now, and actually maybe in better spot than Shaman.. Shaman in risk became weaker because rotated ccard, Druid been viable with 2 deck competitively

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Druid is very strong right now, and actually maybe in better spot than Shaman.. Shaman in risk became weaker because rotated ccard, Druid been viable with 2 deck competitively

Next rotation maybe.

For now I think it's very fair to say Druid is a little below average while Shaman is quite a bit above average.

bjaelke

Next rotation maybe.

For now I think it's very fair to say Druid is a little below average while Shaman is quite a bit above average.

ME1BETL.png

Dragon Warrior and Yogg Druid are surging forward, leaving the rest of the Metagame trailing behind them. The explanation is simple; both archetypes do not have reliable counters and are generally very strong against the field. C’Thun Warrior is the only deck in the game that boasts favorable matchups against the two decks, but its numbers are too low to provide significant resistance to their rise. Yogg has the slight edge at the #1 spot, and we are also observing that the archetype is improving its performance against Shaman, a class which previously appeared to be a soft counter, but not anymore.
From the latest Data Reaper Report.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm. Maybe i need to try out a proper Yogg druid. I must admit my two Druid decks with Yogg are either Y'Shaarj or Summoning Stone focused.

What's the typical decklist look like?

rahji

I drafted quite a decent deck with mage in arena. so far I am at 10 wins because I have like almost every board clear available. flamestrike, 2 twilight flamecallers, explosive sheep and corrupted seer. I am missing blizzard and cone of cold if you count it as board clear. with other classes I often do not get even one board clear. mage op in arena.

edit: oh well 12 wins. yay

Short question. I recently played some hearthstone and completed a lot of daily challenges. I got almost all standard/basic cards for all classes and sit on 2350 gold. What ist the best way to invest that gold? My goal is to get better cards and be able to play some ranked without going up and down in stars all the time.

jgminto

Short question. I recently played some hearthstone and completed a lot of daily challenges. I got almost all standard/basic cards for all classes and sit on 2350 gold. What ist the best way to invest that gold? My goal is to get better cards and be able to play some ranked without going up and down in stars all the time.
You should get League of Explorers if you haven't already, though you might want to wait and see the card quality of the next expansion to see if that's more vital.

You should get League of Explorers if you haven't already, though you might want to wait and see the card quality of the next expansion to see if that's more vital.

There doesn't seem to be an option to purchase adventures with gold, is there? Not sure if I want to spend 20€.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Newcomer here, and as a former very casual MTG player, I'm loving this game. I have been playing for a week or so, and I just went through a win streak on Ranked so now I'm on Rank 20, so at least I'm getting the card back this season. (You can't go lower than 20 after you have reached that level, right?)

Anyway, so far I'm using this control Mage deck, and I'm deciding on trying more decks since I want a good understanding of the game before putting real currency on the game (which i'm very adamant to do so since I'm on a budget now).

Levi

Banned
IZtaN1P.png

Runs a tech card against match-ups that are already hugely in his favor, weakens his deck against match-ups that he's already not favored in. BrokeBack.

I still almost won since he misplayed against sylvanas but by by the time I stabilized I was at 8 health and I failed to draw Justicar or Shield Block to extend the game.

If FWA is OP, then ASO is SUPER-OP.

jgminto

There doesn't seem to be an option to purchase adventures with gold, is there? Not sure if I want to spend 20€.
As said above, you can purchase the individual wings with gold in the Solo Adventures menu. I would say if you're considering spending any real money at all, the adventures would definitely be the best option for that but if you'd rather stick with entirely gold purchases, that still works.

Interfectum

Play Yogg Hunter and Totem Shaman, get faced with tons of different setups.

Play Zoo Paladin and face worgan Warriors three times in a row. I guess I'll take the hint blizz. *deletes zoo deck*

Levi

Banned
Then again, more than half the people are playing either Warrior, Shaman or Hunter who all use weapons. :"D

Hunter already beats Warrior and Shaman, and the mirror is more about the different ways of building the decks (Midrange / Hybrid / Camel, Savanah vs Tiger, etc.)

It's not a great card for hunter, especially since FWA does fuck all against their 2/5 or their 3/3 that spawns two 1/1s. I can kill a 2/1, whoop de doo.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

There is, but it's a bit of a grind, as each wing costs 700 gold. You have to buy it from within the actual adventure menu, not the store.

I would say that you get pretty good cards for the gold.

Welcome!

You can purchase the individual wings of an adventure for 700 gold (unless it has rotated out of Standard).
As said above, you can purchase the individual wings with gold in the Solo Adventures menu. I would say if you're considering spending any real money at all, the adventures would definitely be the best option for that but if you'd rather stick with entirely gold purchases, that still works.
There is, but it's a bit of a grind, as each wing costs 700 gold. You have to buy it from within the actual adventure menu, not the store.

I would say that you get pretty good cards for the gold.

Thanks a lot, I will look into buying them separately then! Any idea when the next expansion is coming?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Honestly, I feel like Kripp is right from what I've played of Fandral.

Kripp doesn't defend his Fandral prediction so you shouldn't either. Fandral has very consistent value with Raven Idol, Wrath, and Living Roots and he is in almost every Druid deck.

Tacitus_

Strifecros C'thun list is preeetty good. Went 14-7 to get to rank 5. My only shameful loss was to a dragon priest of all things because he pulled a tinkmaster out of Monkey to counter my C'thun T_T

playing the otk deck at rank 18.

0-5. and i've played otk patron a ton.

the problems with this deck are that if you don't get into combo, you're done. the problem is that, honestly, the card draw just isn't as good as it could be. I don't know what is wrong but i keep getting shitty luck.

Dahbomb

The OTK deck sucks that's why. Only usable right now because of all the other Warrior decks so it takes a while before people figure out what you are playing. Reminds me of the time Malylock was a thing... coasted off of the fact that people didn't know what deck you were playing until like turn 4-5.

Levi

Banned
Is Justicar necessary in this deck? Thinking about playing more Warrior decks because I'm just not feeling Mage at the moment. I'm just getting wrecked in most games unless I can make it to turn 10

I'm willing to craft Trueheart though, since she seems essential in other Warrior decks....and it might even get me to play Priest in Wild.

You'll lose every control mirror if you play Control or C'thun Warrior without Justicar.

wiibomb

anyone really new here? I want to go back to my basic sets and battle someone with another basic only decks..

it is weird that I have never, ever met a play with basic cards.

besides I got a quest I would love to fullfill this way

The OTK deck sucks that's why. Only usable right now because of all the other Warrior decks so it takes a while before people figure out what you are playing. Reminds me of the time Malylock was a thing... coasted off of the fact that people didn't know what deck you were playing until like turn 4-5.

I loved playing Malylock. :(

rahji

and already another 3-0 in arena with warlock. although my deck isn't that impressive. keep the gold coming.

edit: 5-1 now. my god, the warlock games are so tense. Every game I win feels like a feast.

Triz

Well I got my wife playing thanks to the Recruit a friend promo. She has cleared all classes to 10 and got basic set crds. She has opened maybe 6 packs. She goes into ranked at level 25 and is getting crushed by people with Yogg and other legendaries. Seriously watched her get wrecked 5 games in a row. Now she doesn't even want to play. I thought they had some kind of balance for players without large deck options...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom