• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats the date on that event?

Watch warrior get another 5 fantastic cards btw.

edit:
Still can't find the date. BTW maybe it's a darkmoon faire themed announcement to a karazhan adventure

So whats the date on that event?

Watch warrior get another 5 fantastic cards btw.

edit:
Still can't find the date. BTW maybe it's a darkmoon faire themed announcement to a karazhan adventure

I don't think there is a date. Supposedly it was some kind of raffle at a Fireside Gathering or something. Hopefully early August with a "first wing available next week" announcement. I'm ready for some new cards.

They're cutting it close if they want to make an expansion by the end of the year as well. Seems like they got the first expansion out this year quite late.

Hopefully the problem with the meta right now does not become an issue at the beginning of every year. I think part of the reason why warrior is so strong atm is because they have some of the strongest classic cards; they don't really need that many new cards to be strong. Whereas classes like rogue and priest have some of the weakest classic cards, and as a result they need a lot more. After 2-3 expansions, these classes might be in a good spot, but then the new year rolls around and everyone loses 3 expansions so we're back to relying more on classic cards, which priest and rogue tend to lack.

This wouldn't be an issue for rogue, I think, if blade flurry wasn't a worthless pile of dust. And priest has always lacked a solid classic card list. Even shaman could be in the same boat come next year, once they lose tunnel trogg, lava shock, totem golem, the totem summoner... so basically all their early game like secret paladin did, along with some mid game options like thunderbluff valiant.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
LOKShadow's PatronOTK deck wrecks the commanding shout otk deck. Their wild pyromancer commanding shout shenanigans don't work as well with patrons on board.

Pooya

well, yeah. If they really care about balance, they need to take a look at warrior. I'm just going with Blizzard's own logic BB used for blade flurry and even priest, what's warrior class identity supposed to be? To have the best removals, best board clears, best weapons, best health gain, best charge/aggro minions, best taunts for the cost, several top tier card draw options? Something has to give, it's not ok anymore. If warrior is supposed to have best everything, why play anything else.

I'd say start with execute, every warrior deck will have 2 of them forever and they have a million ways to activate them for essentially free. They nerfed freaking hunter's mark in a class that has so much trouble dealing one damage to a minion or draw cards, it essentially goes 2 for 1 and no one plays it, while activating execute is mostly free, you either cycle or you're playing the whirlwind anyway.

Destroying a minions cost 5 (assassinate)
Destroying a minion with a drawback cost 3 (mulch).
Destroying a random minion also cost 3 (deadly shot).
Destroying a minion with a huge drawback cost 1 (naturalize).
I think execute at 2 would be fair and it would still be 2 of in every warrior deck. If you want to make it really balanced and in line with what execute is in WoW, you can turn into deal like X damage to a damaged minion instead, 5 or 6, it still destroys most minions but you can't execute my ancient of war anymore, you're going to have to trade like everyone else usually does.

but Blizzard doesn't care about balance too much, no one can tell what they think at this point, they only like nerfing rogue again and again, that's the only consistent thing so far!
We complain about shamans and they are broken but it's one trick pony, rotation will fix it, they have fundamental design problems that are not going away, but warrior will always be OP if they keep making cards like they are now.

Pooya

Yeah, let's nerf the only class left that can play control, let's really ruin this game for good.

yeah, right. warrior plays control now lol? where have you been? Execute is all about tempo, control has shield slam and brawls and they can live just fine with a nerfed execute.

There is no good reason to favor control or anything else in balancing either, it's about fairness, that's why this game has become so broken right now, because they've favored board flood for a while. No bias is needed to make a decent game.

Execute has always been over the line a bit and it's the card that makes tempo/aggressive warrior decks to be as strong as they are now, you can't put a brake on their train reliably, I just execute it!

Levi

Banned
yeah, right. warrior plays control now lol? where have you been? Execute is all about tempo, control has shield slam and brawls and they can live just fine with a nerfed execute.

Control warrior is barely hanging on with all of its "OP" cards. Don't punish that deck because morons play face decks. Take away frothing and kor'kron and Alexstraza Champion, I don't care.

But don't take away execute or control warrior becomes as viable as control priest.

Levi

Banned
You know what? Fuck it. This anti control circle jerk that's all over reddit is gonna get warrior nerfed no matter what.

You know fiery war axe is the real cancer, that control decks pilot themselves, and the decks that take the most skill to play are aggro decks?

Enjoy the game when it's all down to who goes first with a one drop, because that's all the game is gonna be when you guys successfully whine away all the good control decks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The only time Warrior has been OP is now and the Patron times. There is no strong need to nerf them now.

Yeah, let's nerf the only class left that can play control, let's really ruin this game for good.

That is a really superficial statement to make. I'd rather they nerf warrior classic cards to bring them in line with other classic sets so they don't influence the meta so strongly from now til the end of the game. That seems to be why they nerfed several cards with the release of standard, so why not warrior? I think they screwed up with their cards they nerfed. They initially said they had way more than what they ended up with and a lot of people at the time hoped to see more changes, I agree with that.

Blade flurry was apparently too good, so lets not pretend execute and shield slam are perfectly okay. They certainly haven't slowed down in printing cards to add synergy to these cards either. On the other hand, even if blade flurry was as good as it was before, not a single card in OG makes it better besides some 4/4 pirate that isn't good enough to even make blade flurry much, if at all, stronger. If they intend to create a system where cards rotate, they have to consider how much the classic set really impacts deck building for every single class.

edit:
And I am just using those as examples, not that they necessarily have to be the cards that go. Just think about it for a second, every card that gives warrior armor makes shield slam a bit better. Therefore, they stop printing armor building cards (not going to happen) or shield slam remains staple forever unless they do something about it. Again, just an example. Same applies to execute, with cards like blood to ichor (w/e it's called).

Zoggy

Everything is aggro, better switch to tempo warrior.

Proceeds to face four Control decks in a row.

#rigged
You keep complaining that blizzard is rigging bad match ups for players but do you realize that at the same time they would also be giving good match ups to the other side.

Unless you think they're only targeting you well then you're a lost cause

Dahbomb

Asking for Warrior nerfs... SMH.

If anything EVERY class needs to be on the power level of Warrior. That means playable control archetype, aggro and tempo/midrange decks with a mix of tribal archetype (Dragon/Cthun).

Damn levi, no one is saying control shouldn't be a viable archetype. As someone who plays mostly midrange, combo, or control decks, I certainly don't want control to be bad. I'd rather see more control decks, not less. But that doesn't influence what I think is best for what they do about warrior for the future of the game.

fertygo

I don't want Warrior card to be nerfed but I can't argue they somehow can create superior hunter deck in warrior class (Dragon Warrior) because one mana execute, ugh

Levi

Banned
That is a really superficial statement to make. I'd rather they nerf warrior classic cards to bring them in line with other classic sets so they don't influence the meta so strongly from now til the end of the game. .

Class cards are supposed to be good.

Doesn't matter, Iksar literally just tweeted that they are looking at fiery war axe.

God forbid someone has an answer for an OP one drop.

God forbid a control deck has removal. Not like that's important to control or anything.

RIP warrior. Add them to the shit heap along with handlock and control priest.

Zoggy

well, yeah. If they really care about balance, they need to take a look at warrior. I'm just going with Blizzard's own logic BB used for blade flurry and even priest, what's warrior class identity supposed to be? To have the best removals, best board clears, best weapons, best health gain, best charge/aggro minions, best taunts for the cost, several top tier card draw options? Something has to give, it's not ok anymore. If warrior is supposed to have best everything, why play anything else.

I'd say start with execute, every warrior deck will have 2 of them forever and they have a million ways to activate them for essentially free. They nerfed freaking hunter's mark in a class that has so much trouble dealing one damage to a minion or draw cards, it essentially goes 2 for 1 and no one plays it, while activating execute is mostly free, you either cycle or you're playing the whirlwind anyway.

Destroying a minions cost 5 (assassinate)
Destroying a minion with a drawback cost 3 (mulch).
Destroying a random minion also cost 3 (deadly shot).
Destroying a minion with a huge drawback cost 1 (naturalize).
I think execute at 2 would be fair and it would still be 2 of in every warrior deck. If you want to make it really balanced and in line with what execute is in WoW, you can turn into deal like X damage to a damaged minion instead, 5 or 6, it still destroys most minions but you can't execute my ancient of war anymore, you're going to have to trade like everyone else usually does.

but Blizzard doesn't care about balance too much, no one can tell what they think at this point, they only like nerfing rogue again and again, that's the only consistent thing so far!
We complain about shamans and they are broken but it's one trick pony, rotation will fix it, they have fundamental design problems that are not going away, but warrior will always be OP if they keep making cards like they are now.
Agree so much. Execute is really really op in ways that hunters mark is not.

Also other classes need a fiery war axe. That is hands down the best weapon in the game. Shaman got storm forged axe but that's a 2/3 and overloads you lol. Paladins got a 2/3 but you have to win a joust. All other 3/2 weapons cost more.

Fiery war axe has no downside at all and is like so much value. Its basically 2 frost bolts! It's one of the 5 best cards in the game

It shouldn't get nerfd but we need more weapons equal to it

Pooya

it's more feasible to bring down warrior to the same level than bringing up everyone else. Some people have attachment to the class looks like, that they play a more skillful game if they're playing warrior and such, it's not true.

Again, it's not about control or aggro or any archetype, it's about having cards for every class to be on a reasonable fair line, if you maintain that you have decent game where more archetypes can be viable, getting OP cards out there isn't the way as it's been proven time and time again and that's what Blizzard has been doing.

Some of you like talking of control decks being strong, as soon as control priest becomes tier 1 everyone would hate playing the game even more, control deckisn't some savior of the game, you need every kind of deck to be reasonably matched as much as possible. Warrior class is OP, there is no doubt about it, they have so many cards in core set that are well above the curve compared with others and their now nerfed cards and they will have endless synergies to the end of time with newer cards, a lot of similar cards have already been nerfed in lesser classes, it's a very real possibility that they might need to do it to warrior now to save the standard from sameness every rotation. Like it or not, warrior is the new druid.

Zoggy

Asking for Warrior nerfs... SMH.

If anything EVERY class needs to be on the power level of Warrior. That means playable control archetype, aggro and tempo/midrange decks with a mix of tribal archetype (Dragon/Cthun).
The reason warrior is so versatile is because they're classic cards are so good. As long as they have that they will be great.

Either make everyone else's base cards that good or try to do a rotating classic set like kibler said.

Man kibler was right all along he is card game yoda

fertygo

that assasinate cost 5 is stupid argument tho, you know what? sap cost 2

I prolly gonna stop playing if they kill warrior btw

Dahbomb

Man they are so many really good top cards in the basic set that define the class. You still have Fireball, Hex, Sap, Swipe, Rockbiter, Doomhammer, Truesilver Champion etc. that everyone runs two of.

If you nerf the Warrior class cards then some other class becomes top tier and people will be complaining about how good their class cards are.

It's like clockwork, some class comes on top then people are blood thirsty to nerf their toolset. Then the class becomes gimped like Rogue and can't play anything well.

Doesn't matter, Iksar literally just tweeted that they are looking at fiery war axe.

God forbid a control deck has removal. Not like that's important to control or anything.

Is this the tweet you're talking about?

https://twitter.com/IksarHS/status/754773071190380544

classes have strong cards, that's cool with us so long as it's not obvious to include them in every possible archetype of that class

mega iconic class cards get a pass in some circumstances but they are still talked about internally. EX: Fiery WAxe

Also I see his response to you asking them to not kill the last control deck.

the balance of the two from a population standpoint is fairly even I think.

Levi

Banned
it's more feasible to bring down warrior to the same level than bringing up everyone else. Some people have attachment to the class looks like, that they play a more skillful game if they're playing warrior and such, it's not true.

Like it or not, warrior is the new druid.

It's not about some ego bs where I think I'm superior because I play control, it's about that it's literally the last deck left i enjoy piloting and you want to take it from me.

Anywayz the anti warrior circle jerk is going a kill the class so you guys won. Congrats.

Revive Handlock please. Undo the Molten Giant nerf.

Revive Handlock please. Undo the Molten Giant nerf.

images

fertygo

Druid will be the top class again if Warrior got Rogue'd and with 1-2 card release, now its seem Class actually not that weak after nerf and found way to had tier 1 deck, and upper tier 2 deck

with some good new card they will reign again and everyone will cry nerf again lmao

the HS circlejerk continue

Levi

Banned
I steal my opponents C'thun. He plays Brann Doomcaller and emotes "My Thanks"
Divi9yo.png

Any cthun warrior who runs brann doom caller and doesn't shield slam their own cthun to ensure value deserves to fucking lose. You don't give away your win con like that, smh.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Any cthun warrior who runs brann doom caller and doesn't shield slam their own cthun to ensure value deserves to fucking lose. You don't give away your win con like that, smh.

Do you have to run thaur or do you just deserve to lose any time you aren't on the coin?

Actually I'd like to see what it'd be like if a Control Priest archetype was tier 1. At this point I kind of believe that it still wouldn't see massive play because it would mean 30 minute games on average and most players just don't want to play the game like that, especially on ladder.

Would depend on how cheap or expensive the deck was though.

Actually I'd like to see what it'd be like if a Control Priest archetype was tier 1. At this point I kind of believe that it still wouldn't see massive play because it would mean 30 minute games on average and most players just don't want to play the game like that, especially on ladder.

Would depend on how cheap or expensive the deck was though.

People would just stop playing the game.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
war axe is warrior's op 2 drop. every other class needs one which is pretty much paladin and priest

Every class has some OP common card in their standard kit that's crazy as balls. Fiery War Axe is just one of them. For the other classes you have Fireball. Power Word: Shield, Innervate, Animal Companion, Truesilver Champion, Backstab, Rockbiter Weapon, and Power Overwhelming....

Mulgrok

my buff paladin deck is doing well at rank 12.

Any suggestions about how I might alter it?

EDIT:
Worgen Inner Rage Rampage Charge Faceless

44 damage to the dome + 5 from Emperor (never execute T_T)

still survived, thanks brann shieldbearer

worgen OTK decks don't seem to do well against me, because they have to burn all their combo pieces to survive.

Tacitus_

Worgen Inner Rage Rampage Charge Faceless

44 damage to the dome + 5 from Emperor (never execute T_T)

still survived, thanks brann shieldbearer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom