• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashlen

Well I got my wife playing thanks to the Recruit a friend promo. She has cleared all classes to 10 and got basic set crds. She has opened maybe 6 packs. She goes into ranked at level 25 and is getting crushed by people with Yogg and other legendaries. Seriously watched her get wrecked 5 games in a row. Now she doesn't even want to play. I thought they had some kind of balance for players without large deck options...

Have her try Casual, it avoids the issues with the current ranking system.

manhack

Well I got my wife playing thanks to the Recruit a friend promo. She has cleared all classes to 10 and got basic set crds. She has opened maybe 6 packs. She goes into ranked at level 25 and is getting crushed by people with Yogg and other legendaries. Seriously watched her get wrecked 5 games in a row. Now she doesn't even want to play. I thought they had some kind of balance for players without large deck options...

What kind of deck is she playing? I just started a F2P account to get the Morgl hero and was able to make it to rank 20 with a basic zoo deck and a basic mage deck. I start tweaking decks as I get new cards and it gets easier. It doesn't become a chore until you hit rank 20 tbh.

After that you can start working towards a few popular decks for F2P accounts.

This deck is great for F2P http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/528795-rank-11-legend-in-3-days-pawelhs-pirate-warrior

You will need to dust other cards and will take a few more packs to get to, but is obtainable fairly quickly.

Also here are some ideas from trumps F2P run recently:

http://www.trumpfans.com/trump-free-to-play-1607/

The other key thing is not to get concerned about so many legendaries. Some of the best decks don't run any legendaries. Work towards Pirate Warrior, Zoo, Shaman and a basic mage for variety.

It helps knowing the game better, but maybe some of these ideas will help make it through the hump by giving something to work towards.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Got my 4 packs from referrals. got 3 epics and a bunch of rares so can't be mad. A little disappointed that the last epic was my second Brawl I pulled after crafting 2 tho.

fertygo

I don't believe rank 25-21 is that bad, prolly just some really unlucky queue.. you really start seeing some shit rank 20 above tho

Slashlen

This worked much better. Thank you. Still sucks she can't get card backs thanks to how messed up it is at low ranks.

It shouldn't consistently be like that at 25-21. She can keep trying as the month goes on, and you can't lose stars from losses at those ranks, so it's just getting x wins. It may also help to look at the rank of who she's playing, she might just be getting paired up with lots of 20s due to inactivity at those ranks or something like that. But casual's good early on for when you hit that ranked wall of people playing better and having better decks.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Had an epic battle with OTK Patron against a malygos rogue. I was going hard with my patrons thinking that was my win condition but he dropped Malygos and fan of knives on my board of patrons but I was still able to put together enough parts of my worgen combo to knock him out.

I really like the flexibility of having both worgen and patrons.

The client is also super buggy when proccing patrons. It crashes/disconnects you a LOT.

inky

38-19 with Secret Murlocdin since I started tracking. It's actually 23-8 since I modified it to v1.2 (That's more or less from 18 to 7).

32121329gjnj.png

And I'm having fun again, which is the best part. So many Warriors tho.

greepoman

The OTK deck sucks that's why. Only usable right now because of all the other Warrior decks so it takes a while before people figure out what you are playing. Reminds me of the time Malylock was a thing... coasted off of the fact that people didn't know what deck you were playing until like turn 4-5.

OTK deck definitely doesn't suck...maybe tier 2 but it's just extremely hard to pilot. After watching 2 days of streams of it I was able to go 15-3 with the deck and hit rank 3 defeating all the top meta decks including cthun warrior and most matches I was doing loot hoarder turn 2 so they knew what I was plenty early.

It's a really unforgiving deck and you need to know every card in your opponent's deck and what to save executes and other stuff for.

The key to the deck is actually commanding shout + pyro (and battle rage if lucky) and saving it for the right moment. Has a shaman drop 4 taunts (2 tfb) after emperor but I cleared it next turn cause I was saving for it .

Also key is knowing when you can use combo pieces to clear and when you have to save them. I love how you get some crazy puzzles for lethal. One time I had no enrage spell and had to get through the 2/3 taunt and opponent at 27 health. Had an axe and my cards were worgen, rampage, charge, faceless (all emperor reduced)...how do you lethal?

charge worgen into 2/3 taunt to enrage, then rampage, faceless and then attack 3 times for 8 and axe to face for 27 exact.

Asbel

Had an epic battle with OTK Patron against a malygos rogue. I was going hard with my patrons thinking that was my win condition but he dropped Malygos and fan of knives on my board of patrons but I was still able to put together enough parts of my worgen combo to knock him out.

I really like the flexibility of having both worgen and patrons.

The client is also super buggy when proccing patrons. It crashes/disconnects you a LOT.

Nice. Just fought a Priest who kept clearing my board. Shadow word my frothings, excavated my patrons. Would had died next turn but pulled an axe which gave me the reach to his 24 health with worgen at 11 attack. He would had won if he was healing himself instead of his minions but he didn't think I had more win conditions after patrons and frothings.

OTK deck definitely doesn't suck...maybe tier 2 but it's just extremely hard to pilot. After watching 2 days of streams of it I was able to go 15-3 with the deck and hit rank 3 defeating all the top meta decks including cthun warrior and most matches I was doing loot hoarder turn 2 so they knew what I was plenty early.

It's a really unforgiving deck and you need to know every card in your opponent's deck and what to save executes and other stuff for.

The key to the deck is actually commanding shout + pyro (and battle rage if lucky) and saving it for the right moment. Has a shaman drop 4 taunts (2 tfb) after emperor but I cleared it next turn cause I was saving for it .

Also key is knowing when you can use combo pieces to clear and when you have to save them. I love how you get some crazy puzzles for lethal. One time I had no enrage spell and had to get through the 2/3 taunt and opponent at 27 health. Had an axe and my cards were worgen, rampage, charge, faceless (all emperor reduced)...how do you lethal?

charge worgen into 2/3 taunt to enrage, then rampage, faceless and then attack 3 times for 8 and axe to face for 27 exact.

Wogen + rampage + charge is 9 attack for 27. Nice play.

Hopefully they release 8/2 or even sooner. I kinda sorta hope they change the way they do this adventure. I am frankly tired of 1 wing per week for 5 weeks. It could be worse I guess.

manhack

7p70RSPm.png

The definition of Yolo Yogg Winning the Game:

Reno Warlock heals himself out of lethal range multiple times, me as Reno Yogg Mage, continue to get behind as he keeps putting out threats.He has a full board (including Sylvannas) and I drop Yogg. 2nd spell is Elemental destructions. Kills most his board and steals my 1 HP Yogg. Yogg Plays a few spells including 2 Lay on Hands in a Row. 1 LoH on my face and 1 LoH on his minion. Unfortunately since he stole my yogg, the spells are being cast for him.

Opponent dies to fatigue. Awesome for me and likely upsetting as hell for him.

7p70RSPm.png

The definition of Yolo Yogg Winning the Game:

Reno Warlock heals himself out of lethal range multiple times, me as Reno Yogg Mage, continue to get behind as he keeps putting out threats.He has a full board (including Sylvannas) and I drop Yogg. 2nd spell is Elemental destructions. Kills most his board and steals my 1 HP Yogg. Yogg Plays a few spells including 2 Lay on Hands in a Row. 1 LoH on my face and 1 LoH on his minion. Unfortunately since he stole my yogg, the spells are being cast for him.

Opponent dies to fatigue. Awesome for me and likely upsetting as hell for him.

fertygo

Regret not saving my gold for the next adventure. These WOTG packs have gotten me next to nothing

Same, blow 1000 gold and only net that 3 mana paladin weapon thing as worth saving, leg that I get is volasz.. I do get golden epic but eh.. won't spending gold anymore before adventure over, hope I can get few wing with gold and if I must spend money its only 10 buck for 2 wing

Same, blow 1000 gold and only net that 3 mana paladin weapon thing as worth saving, leg that I get is volasz.. I do get golden epic but eh.. won't spending gold anymore before adventure over, hope I can get few wing with gold and if I must spend money its only 10 buck for 2 wing
vlolazj

Regret not saving my gold for the next adventure. These WOTG packs have gotten me next to nothing
If you play daily, it's easy to get ~700g in a week, which is what a wing costs. I think, historically, they only open one wing per week, so you can keep up just by starting to save now.

CoolOff

Seriously, why do people keep claiming Priest to be a dead class. It's my current decks greatest weakness and I only seem to be playing N'Zoth-priests. ;_;

Seriously, why do people keep claiming Priest to be a dead class. It's my current decks greatest weakness and I only seem to be playing N'Zoth-priests. ;_;

Priest is still viable against certain match ups, but is too poor of a match up to many others. Also they require great draws, and sometimes in Hearthstone it feels like your opponent is getting the greatest draws of all time and exactly on curve. Then you craft a similar deck and never get Soul Priest and Circle of Healing together when you need it, and then yell at the sky at how terrible priest is.

Xanathus

can you do 100 gold a day against your smurf now that friendly challenge thing is on?

Can someone confirm that friendly challenge counts towards the 10 gold every 3 wins thing? If so then it would be trivial to write a script to repeatedly challenge and have the loser account just play as Warlock and lifetap until it hits 15 hp and then concede (because apparently that's one of the conditions to count the friendly match as a real match).

Levi

Banned
Game feeding me easy match-ups with bad opponents today.

First game was against a Golden Shaman who BMed, roped, and generally was exactly what you expect a golden aggro Shaman to be. For some reason on turn four he used Rockbiter to do three meaningless damage to my face, and then later I taunt up while he had Doomhammer equipped and he couldn't clear it because he couldn't do one extra damage. What a fucking idiot. The game ended in fatigue and he had to concede in shame.

Next match was another aggro Shaman, this one wasn't golden, he actually knew how to play the game but I drew so well he was dead on like turn 11 or 12. Didn't stop him from being a BMing asshole.

Finally, I faced a Dragon Warrior with a legend cardback. He picked Paladin hero power off of Finley and got me down to 1 health. Thanks to Alexstraza I was able to get back up to 15, he couldn't remove Alex (wasted both executes on midgame taunts) and only had a board full of tokens, so I played Baron Geddon and sealed up the game. He topped Kor'kron, couldn't remove Baron or Alex, and yet another BMing aggro asshole was handed a crushing defeat.

I want to keep playing so I can keep queueing into bad aggro players but alas, I have to go to work.

You can finish quests vs friends. The gold per 3 win thing is not a quest though. Doesn't count.

The thing is nice though, because I haven't even done the morgl thing yet. I'll probably do that later today now that I have 3 quests saved up.

gutshot

WTF at the announcement stream being at 2 AM on a Thursday night. Guess I'll just have to watch the highlights on Friday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom