• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
For those that know the Warcraft lore, what would be the theme for the adventure?
Magic stuff?

inky

hey guys, always seeking advice to get better. I recorded a game from a warlock arena run which felt off and bad. I dont think I played it right and made wrong decisions. But somehow I barely won.
What should I have played different? thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGtRZoLdZs

I think you played well. I wouldn't have done much more differently, well other than drafting Warthguard, but it's hard to say without knowing the choices :p

You took risks (tapping, taking damage on low hp, ignoring control and racing him behind a taunt) and it worked out. Sometimes it doesn't.

I mean, when you tapped for PO I don't know what you were hoping to get as you didn't have many more options (Bomb Lobber or Tauren maybe? The % was really low) but as soon as you got PO it didn't matter, and I think your decision to race him was correct because you can't play control with so many low attack minions and 6-4 HP at that point. Trading for his Dragon would've just made you lose more slowly considering your deck. Ignoring his Shredder was the right thing to do too.

hey guys, always seeking advice to get better. I recorded a game from a warlock arena run which felt off and bad. I dont think I played it right and made wrong decisions. But somehow I barely won.
What should I have played different? thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EGtRZoLdZs

You probably shouldn't have mulliganed the Voidcaller, especially since you had Succubus and Doomguard in the deck and wound up drawing both of them. On turn 2, you had Wrathguard, Succubus, and Stonesplinter Trogg and you played Succubus which tossed your 3-drop. You definitely should've played Wrathguard here. Turn 3 you played Stonesplinter Trogg despite Wrathguard having the same cost but better stats. Wrathguard would've traded 1 for 1 with the Dark Iron Dwarf that the other guy played instead of leaving a 4/1.

I think you played well. I wouldn't have done much more differently, well other than drafting Warthguard, but it's hard to say without knowing the choices :p

Wait, what's wrong with Wrathguard? It's basically the 2 mana version of Flame Imp. You sacrifice some HP for a minion with above average stats for the cost and early board control. You rarely lose more than 3 HP to its ability, and in Arena you're not likely to get Shield Slammed for 30+ damage.

inky

Wait, what's wrong with Wrathguard? It's basically the 2 mana version of Flame Imp. You sacrifice some HP for a minion with above average stats for the cost and early board control. You rarely lose more than 3 HP to its ability, and in Arena you're not likely to get Shield Slammed for 30+ damage.

I'm not afraid of Shield Slam, I just don't like it. Nothing much wrong with it if you draw it early on I guess, later on its value decreases. Sure, above average stats that still trades with most 2 drops, which is different than a very good 1 drop. It's better than Succubus I agree with you there.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You probably shouldn't have mulliganed the Voidcaller, especially since you had Succubus and Doomguard in the deck and wound up drawing both of them. On turn 2, you had Wrathguard, Succubus, and Stonesplinter Trogg and you played Succubus which tossed your 3-drop. You definitely should've played Wrathguard here. Turn 3 you played Stonesplinter Trogg despite Wrathguard having the same cost but better stats. Wrathguard would've traded 1 for 1 with the Dark Iron Dwarf that the other guy played instead of leaving a 4/1.

Yeah I'm with you. Wrathguard is a great arena card, and it should have been played turn 2, not turn 4. The only bad thing about it is it happens to be in the class that cares the most about taking face damage thanks to the hero power. I also agree with your other suggestions too.

That said, Succubus is absolute biggest reason he was so behind in the early game. That card's so bad you want to tend towards mulliganing it away and hope you never draw it until way late in the game when you have no cards to discard.

I used to treat Warlock like a class that doesn't care about the number of cards in his hand at all, but I've grown to really respect the fact that 2 mana is a lot to spend on drawing a card and not impacting the board at all, only getting one extra card per turn means it takes a few turns to refill your hand, and you lose a lot of flexibility once you start relying on top decks.

Fishlake

Brawl is bugged choose +1 battle cry and whenever minions reach 1 health it goes up to 2.

Murlocks do nothing to them.

Edit
A friend gave me 80g. I like that quest a lot.

For those that know the Warcraft lore, what would be the theme for the adventure?
Magic stuff?

If we assume it's Karazhan (easily the most beloved raid in the game, or at least tied with Ulduar) then we can expect at least 12 bosses, although two of those are bosses that randomized each weak between three bosses. Karazhan was the home of Medivh, the last Guardian of Tirisfal (and the alt mage hero) who was an extremely powerful mage. The feathers on the invite would suggest further it is Karazhan, as Medivh had the ability to change forms into a Raven, which he often did.

Karazhan is a weird raid in a lot of ways. For one, most of the bosses are optional. You can run right past them. You only have to kill Moroes, the Opera Event, The Curator, the Chess Event and the final boss Malchaezar. Yes, there is a chess event. It's actually chess. That's another weird thing. The third weird thing is that its never explained what the hell is happening in Karazhan or why it was opened up. As you make your way further up the tower it becomes more difficult to navigate, with parts of it shattered into pieces. Theres also more demonic presence the further you go up, with the final boss being a powerful Eredar wizard who was...doing something. He also had Gorehowl, Grom Hellscream's axe for no reason if you count loot tables as being canon.

Nightbane. Deathrattle: Summon a Nightbane for your opponent

QhbRG7CFfPw.jpg

Alright then.

According to another comment on that link the Paladin card only works on Deathrattle cards.

The translation is not completely accurate.. here:

1)Battlecry: Equip a (ghost?)weapon

2)Fill your board with phantoms that dies at the start of your NEXT turn

3)Correct

4)Silence a minion with DEATHRATTLE then destroy it.

5)Correct

6)Correct

7)Battlecry : Choose a friendly minion and copy it, then destroy it at the start of your next turn

8)The first damage taken by a minion on each turn cannot lower its health below 1 hp.

DSmalls84

Thinking of crafting Yogg to try out the Yogg and Load deck. Has anyone had success with that deck on ladder? Don't want to waste my dust.

Well, only against Deathrattle minions obviously makes it worse. Still an insane tech card against Hunters and other Paladins.

Edit: And fucking hell this brawl is awful. Blizzard really needs to implement a way to speed up animations for shit like this.

Interfectum

Thinking of crafting Yogg to try out the Yogg and Load deck. Has anyone had success with that deck on ladder? Don't want to waste my dust.

im up to rank 11 with yogg n load.

honestly even if you don't rank up I'd argue that deck is one of the most fun decks I've played in HS. It's like a slot machine of chaos at turn 10.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nightbane is interesting as hell. Probably not good, but interesting.

Moroes is probably straight up fucking busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom