• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

What was the first brawl?

edit nvm I see it on hearthpwn... kinda interesting.
We have had that one before as well. In that one the Murloc Shaman generally dominated everything although I would've liked to have seen how the newer cards and strategies would've performed in this like say Yogg Druid with the Spell buff or Nzoth decks with the Deathrattle buffs or even Cthun decks with Battlecry buffs.

That said this Brawl and the one where the implemented Dire Fates were among my favorite Brawls.

like, how the fuck are these mages and shamans getting multiple fireballs, frostbolts, crackles and lightning bolts when ive gotten like a total of 3 COW in a dozen games

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Screwed up a long game against freeze mage with my patron OTK.

I had an axe with one charge, worgen, faceless, charge, cruel taskmaster, rampage, all of which had an emp ping.

He was at 28hp with ice block up and about to receive one point of fatigue damage. I die next turn. So i need to get him down to 1. I couldn't figure out how to do it before time ran out, I got him down to 2 with the obvious full face move.

Did I miss lethal?

patchday

wow I'm getting sloppy. Didnt even realize a new Brawl is out. Still havent started the Arena I paid for a few days ago (built a deck using HearthArena).

so i try to do the mage burn shit in the brawl and its fucking garbage, and the one time i get this priest to 8hp on turn 8 with a pyro in hand, over the next few turns, he plays justicar, flash heal, light of naru, and ragnaros

Asbel

I had an axe with one charge, worgen, faceless, charge, cruel taskmaster, rampage, all of which had an emp ping.

He was at 28hp with ice block up and about to receive one point of fatigue damage. I die next turn. So i need to get him down to 1. I couldn't figure out how to do it before time ran out, I got him down to 2 with the obvious full face move.

Did I miss lethal?
This one's tricky. Worgen, charge, faceless will give you a five attack faceless. That leaves 22 damage left which worgen can do with rampage and task. that's 10 mana I think.
Or worgen, charge, task then faceless. That's 8 attack for worgen. Hit face three times for 24 then once with axe for 27.

greepoman

Did I miss lethal?

I think so...worgen+charge+cruel(3+2+2=7)...attack face for 7 then rampage and faceless (10x2) for 20 more (common mistake is not knowing you can attack twice after faceless no matter how many times the existing worgen has attacked)...then attack again with worgen or axe for extra BM even though the fatigue will kill him.

Or worgen, charge, task then faceless. That's 8 attack for worgen.

Isn't that 3+2+2=7?

Did I miss lethal?

Tricky. 9x3 = 27. Or 8x3 + axe = 27. Worgen + charge + cruel = 8 attack. Faceless that and hit 3 times plus axe.

I probably would not have gotten it. But then again I don't play that deck. You basically gotta do these numbers in advance on your opponents turn. So maybe if I had 2 minutes, and familiar with the deck enough, I would have gotten it. Then again, I also just suck at doing math (which is why I use calculator app when playing combo decks lately).

Isn't that 3+2+2=7?

It's 3 (worgen)+ 1 (enrage) + 2 (charge) + 2 (task)

Asbel

Tricky. 9x3 = 27. Or 8x3 + axe = 27. Worgen + charge + cruel = 8 attack. Faceless that and hit 3 times plus axe.

I probably would not have gotten it. But then again I don't play that deck. You basically gotta do these numbers in advance on your opponents turn. So maybe if I had 2 minutes, and familiar with the deck enough, I would have gotten it. Then again, I also just suck at doing math (which is why I use calculator app when playing combo decks lately).

It's 3 (worgen)+ 1 (enrage) + 2 (charge) + 2 (task)

Pretty sure I wouldn't get it either. I'm still making a fair share of mistakes and losing with this deck but that means there's more to learn with this deck and that's fun to me.

Was given this opportunity and decided to yolo. Was able to win on turn four with this otk patron deck, without playing patrons or worgen.
Gg6m1DN.jpg

cbIX9e7.jpg

I discovered the unicorn priest deck.

.eJwNzNsNwyAMAMBdGAA75p1tEEGENikIu19Vd29vgPuo97rUrk6RyTvA0bmMdWiWsXKruo3RrppnZ13GDVkkl_OuL2HYAnqKbjMhpoQUbQJC5yya4D0i2WgIYa5e_5k89WM29f0BTtQjpw.o9CUogIHy3S6u1w0xssytzILAyk.jpg

Of course it's only a neat concept and almost certainly sucks in practice. Combo decks work 2 ways. You either have the card draw to get to the combo or you can last long enough to get combo, which means you probably should be playing control anyway.

The decks that require card draws require a lot of removal, reliable removal, to keep the board cleared to ensure they can last long enough to pull the combo off. Auchenai circle and wild pyro is somewhat promising for this purpose. So I don't think this concept is completely unobtainable. You'd still need to figure a reliable card draw engine, which is not NSC for this type of deck I think. Auctioneer is... possible, but even rogue has a rough time using 6 mana auctioneer without tomb pillager and they have prep + backstab.

I don't think priest can mimic warrior's card draw style either, but wild pyro is used to be pretty popular in priest for a good reason. I'm curious if it could be done, although frankly I don't really care to play priest to find out.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I discovered the unicorn priest deck.

.eJwNzNsNwyAMAMBdGAA75p1tEEGENikIu19Vd29vgPuo97rUrk6RyTvA0bmMdWiWsXKruo3RrppnZ13GDVkkl_OuL2HYAnqKbjMhpoQUbQJC5yya4D0i2WgIYa5e_5k89WM29f0BTtQjpw.o9CUogIHy3S6u1w0xssytzILAyk.jpg

Of course it's only a neat concept and almost certainly sucks in practice. Combo decks work 2 ways. You either have the card draw to get to the combo or you can last long enough to get combo, which means you probably should be playing control anyway.

The decks that require card draws require a lot of removal, reliable removal, to keep the board cleared to ensure they can last long enough to pull the combo off. Auchenai circle and wild pyro is somewhat promising for this purpose. So I don't think this concept is completely unobtainable. You'd still need to figure a reliable card draw engine, which is not NSC for this type of deck I think. Auctioneer is... possible, but even rogue has a rough time using 6 mana auctioneer without tomb pillager and they have prep + backstab.

I don't think priest can mimic warrior's card draw style either, but wild pyro is used to be pretty popular in priest for a good reason. I'm curious if it could be done, although frankly I don't really care to play priest to find out.

Yeah this is the concept I was playing with a couple days ago. Being able to smack somebody for 20-28 damage is great, even though it's not as fast as Warrior's Worgen combo.

I couldn't quite make it work, especially I don't really have some of the necessary removal cards priests tend to run with, like Auchenai-Circle and Entomb, so all my priest decks are doodoo anyway. Got a few casual wins out of it though.

Mulgrok

My cancer buff paladin deck is working well, but I still make mistakes because it takes more forethought than I am accustomed to. Rank 7 and climbing though!

KuroNeeko

Time to start pushing (i.e. time to stop playing Priest and Reno Mage).

Just curious, but unlocking a golden hero portrait (of one of the base heroes) requires 500 wins in that class or with that hero?

For example, if I want to work on unlocking a golden Jaina / Thrall / Rexxar, do I need to win 500 times with those heroes or can I earn wins using Khadgar / Mogrl / Alleria?

bjaelke

Just curious, but unlocking a golden hero portrait (of one of the base heroes) requires 500 wins in that class or with that hero?

For example, if I want to work on unlocking a golden Jaina / Thrall / Rexxar, do I need to win 500 times with those heroes or can I earn wins using Khadgar / Mogrl / Alleria?
Class. Hero skin is irrelevant.

Zoggy

why does anyone play as khadgar i don't get it.

he's a dumb shit wizard looks like a dork and his fireblast is a stupid laser thing.

medivh has the amazing purple fireblast and jaina has her "oops" emote.

Keasar

Next time I meet a Golden Player, I am just conceding right from the start.

Fuck them all and their fucking 1000 dollar OP decks of "Fuck you I win no chance". I have met these players at least 6-7 times now and every time it has ended with me loosing hard as shit with no chance. People say "time =/= skill" which is then bullshit cause A: That is what not this looks like over and over and B: Why then bother putting more "time" in it to get better "skill" at playing it!?

jgminto

This might be my least favourite meta since I've started playing. Fuck all these bullshit aggressive, tempo and whatever the fuck Warriors. New expansion can't come soon enough.

NBtoaster

Somehow I've had the most success this month with Yogg and Load. Though I don't have the patience to climb, it usually goes that I'll feel like playing, but then all I play against is shaman and zoo and that desire quickly goes away.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Somehow I've had the most success this month with Yogg and Load. Though I don't have the patience to climb, it usually goes that I'll feel like playing, but then all I play against is shaman and zoo and that desire quickly goes away.

What does your deck look like?

clav

Vox just published a video on freemium games.

https://youtu.be/fKK9nVLvhGM

All I could think is Hearthstone with all the complaining that happens here when the video talks about pain points.

So are we all just "whales"? Seeing streamers rage constantly makes you wonder. There's someone out there shouting, "Why do I play this game?"

Next week I'll make my usual attempt to rank up to 10. At rank 17 currently, rarely playing.

Play a couple matches last night, lost both of them to Yogg clearing my board and buffing the opponent's minions.

How in the world 4-5 random spells are exactly what the opponent needs is just beyond me.

I think it's revenge for me dusting the Yogg I got from my card packs because I wanted more reliable Legendaries.

bjaelke

New Data Reaper Report: http://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-10/

*Warriorstone intensifies*. Just when you think the number of Warriors can’t get any higher, the situation escalates further. Of course, the class now has yet another viable archetype on ladder with the meteoric appearance of OTK Warrior. At higher ranks, the Meta is even more lopsided; with every 3rd opponent being a Warrior. In a game with 9 classes, that seems to be quite oppressive.
Perfect opportunity to farm golden Hunter.

Next week I'll make my usual attempt to rank up to 10. At rank 17 currently, rarely playing.

Play a couple matches last night, lost both of them to Yogg clearing my board and buffing the opponent's minions.

How in the world 4-5 random spells are exactly what the opponent needs is just beyond me.

I think it's revenge for me dusting the Yogg I got from my card packs because I wanted more reliable Legendaries.

Yogg-sama is the definition of reliable. Praise yogg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom