• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

What makes midrange hunter such a good matchup against warrior?
Puts enough pressure that using weapons to clear their minions is not always desirable and they put big enough threats that you wince when you take some face damage. With their hero power you can't use your hero power to recover the damage.

That said it's not that bad of a match up especially if you are playing the faster a Warrior variant, in that case it's pretty much evenish. It's the slower Warrior decks that struggle against Midrange Hunters.

DSmalls84

What makes midrange hunter such a good matchup against warrior?

Most of the minions are not as squishy as those found in Aggro Decks and Hunter has a lot of removal options. Also Call of the wild helps to refill your board after getting Brawled out, and cards like Highmane drop additional bodies on death. Those are the things that I have noticed playing Hunter vs Warrior.

Warriors old nemesis was mid range Paladin. Mid range hunter now benefits similarly with minions and abilities that come back on the board in a big way. Warriors struggle at coming back against decks that can continue to put out a spread of threats consistently. Brawl is also not terribly effective against hunter since they will have probably already pushed damage with whatever you have to brawl or the 6/5 turns into 2 2/2s with a call of the wild to followup for 13+ damage.

Pooya

ayy lmao. they are two rags on board for this renolock and I'm at 4 hp he's at 21. I play yogg, animation was playing (it was looong), I could tell I can attack with yogg and neither of rags are dead, worst yogg ever, but then I pointed at my opponent, he's dead! It buffed itself to 17 and charge then pyro in the face. seems like a good card. yogg decks are the only playable decks to me right now, the ladder is nonsense and boring otherwise.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The fake leaks get more boring year after year :(

Toast's video is a parody of fake leaks more than anything. If anything it is a demonstration of what a fake leak video looks like so people can learn to identify them in the future. He searches for a single card and never mouses over the new art at any point. That's how you know what a fake is.

I've gone back to running 2 sinister strikes in malygos rogue and it's working way better than what most or many lists which is 1.

I'm also running evolved kobold instead of xaril because hitting 3 damage aoe with fan of knives is pretty neat, plus it's like an alternative win condition to malygos. Obviously not as powerful but can also be used in tandem with other spell power minions if they survive a round or perhaps thalnos in hand. Shadowstrike for 7, backstab for 4, eviscerate for 6, sinister strike for 5. Good for board control and as a finisher. Kind of underrated card tbh.

current list

I don't think I've ever lost to control warrior with double sinister strike in the past.

jerd

Well that was well worth my time

RA7VT.png

It was immediately slammed and executed

Zoggy

Deal 28 damage for 1 mana, balanced.

I had a 10/10 van cleef earlier. Dude slammed and top decked execute, otherwise he was fucked. There is a reason warrior is disgustingly overplayed atm.

last night i got hallazeal after a druid mulched a minion

shield slam then did 10 damage and healed me for 10

manhack

also for that great freeze mage vs otk discussion the other day, here's LOK otk vs a freeze mage https://secure.twitch.tv/lokshadow/v/78826532?t=03h25m45s

I think LOKShadow's OTK deck is more favored there because he runs double armorsmith and patrons which allows for much bigger armor gain than the pure OTK deck.

Either way drawing the game to fatigue is the only way to beat freeze mage unless they have insanely bad draws.

I think LOKShadow's OTK deck is more favored there because he runs double armorsmith and patrons which allows for much bigger armor gain than the pure OTK deck.

Either way drawing the game to fatigue is the only way to beat freeze mage unless they have insanely bad draws.

Could the mage have won in that match?

Every time I lose to locknload hunter it's because yogg hits it out the of the park. This time, dude is down to 1 card and manages to clear my board and fill his hand max, cabalists tome, sprint, and he even got a convert... on my reno.

Disgusting.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Oh man, pulling off a good armorsmith turn is amazing.

A pirate warrior had me down to 1hp but I had two armorsmiths down, a few patrons, a wild pyro. By the end of my turn I had 29hp, a full board and he conceded.

fertygo

2 consecutive Call of The Wild and this hunter still lose against me

jOmLb0J.png

I goes 6-9 today tho ;__;

these C'thun Warrior rekt me so hard

I just BM'd a face warrior who just literally ignored my board, went face and lost because of it.

Then he sent me an invite. I was feeling particularly ire'd already so I accepted and said "u mad? lol"

He laughed and asked if I wanted to do the friend quest with him cause he had no friends to do it with.

KuroNeeko

why does anyone play as khadgar i don't get it.

he's a dumb shit wizard looks like a dork and his fireblast is a stupid laser thing.

medivh has the amazing purple fireblast and jaina has her "oops" emote.

Insolent pup!

Khadgar was / is cheaper than Medivh, mayne.
I think M > K too. "Nothing can stop me! NOTHING!"

Tarazet

I'm also running evolved kobold instead of xaril because hitting 3 damage aoe with fan of knives is pretty neat, plus it's like an alternative win condition to malygos. Obviously not as powerful but can also be used in tandem with other spell power minions if they survive a round or perhaps thalnos in hand. Shadowstrike for 7, backstab for 4, eviscerate for 6, sinister strike for 5. Good for board control and as a finisher. Kind of underrated card tbh.

In the first week or so of WOG, I was running Freeze Mage with one copy of Evolved Kobold. The combo potential was so amazing that I stopped running Malygos or Antonidas, they simply didn't improve my win percentage any more.

Pooya

I feel everytime I pull off violet teacher + power of the wild combo wombo there is no way I lose, it's too strong.

I feel everytime I pull off violet teacher + power of the wild combo wombo there is no way I lose, it's too strong.

Speaking of druid, they made off like bandits in this expansion. Yeah, they lost a card or two or three, but fandral could easily be a 5 or 6 mana minion (higher stats sure) with that text. He basically synergizes with druid's core mechanic... so what were they thinking of when they put him at 4, which is basically 3 for druid due to wild growth.

Fandral + living roots + potw... It's pretty disgusting tbh. Same deal with violet teacher of course.

Then look at Rogue. Lose their best AOE with no replacement in sight; they only get maybe 1 decent spell and an okay but balanced legendary.

Yeah, I'm pretty salty tonight :p

Yoggsaron is probably rogue's best board clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom