• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

In the first week or so of WOG, I was running Freeze Mage with one copy of Evolved Kobold. The combo potential was so amazing that I stopped running Malygos or Antonidas, they simply didn't improve my win percentage any more.
that's probably because neither belong in a freeze deck

bord

Neo Member
I have the 80 gold play a friend quest. Anyone up for a quick game?

NA server : bord#1551

edit: thanks, added :)

Is he triple legend already? He was just Asia legend a few days ago I thought. Must be playing a lot now that he's done with school. Not even sure I'll hit rank 15 at my average of 2 games a day. That guy is a machine at this game. Helps that his decks are fun to play.

he was rank 2 or 1 when I was watching him yesterday

Zoggy

i got in to the elder scrolls legends beta

GOODBYE HEARTHSTONE, I AM FINALLY FREEE! FUCK YOU KNIFE JUGGLER

it's probably gonna suck, i'll be back in like 2 hours

Mulgrok

I got rank 5 with style.

I was going to be dead next turn, but the silly rogue decided to clear my only minion, a 1/1, with his face. That put him at exactly lethal for my Leeroy + 2 PO on turn 7.

cHinzo

Lol my Yogg gave me a bunch of spells to clear the board, Counterspell and 2 Hunter traps and then Sprint and Shadowstep at the end so I could play it another time. Was against a golden Dragon Warrior too. So gud. 😁

fertygo

13 - 17 today

so many shameful lose too noteably against reno priest and zoo, and Ragnaros RNG totally not with me today fuck me most of time

never legend :(

Zemm

the chat for this Seat Story cup is unbelievably racist, probably the worst I've seen from a hearthstone tournament yet

some good games so far though

DSmalls84

I was worried about removing my Doomhammer in my Midrange deck for AL Akir, but that card is pretty amazing. Got one win with my opponent having half of their life left. Basically the Shaman version of Leeroy.

Zemm

It can be fun watching people react to some "esports" happening, this tournament though is just pure racism scummery

For a player, the TakeTV studio must be the best place to play a tournament

Haunted

It can be fun watching people react to some "esports" happening, this tournament though is just pure racism scummery

For a player, the TakeTV studio must be the best place to play a tournament
I greatly enjoyed the atmosphere at the SC2 tournaments TakeTV organised, always seemed like good fun.

The local audience in the nearby pub was also always fun, appreciative, polite, good-hearted.

Anonymous online chats though... ugh. Truly brings out the worst trolls.

JesseZao

HS decktracker isn't on Mac though. Track-O-Bot is the best option for Mac users. (No idea if ferty is or not, just saying.)

I've thought about making a Xamarin fork of HDT to make a Mac version available, but I'm not familiar enough with the tool yet.

Tacitus_

the chat for this Seat Story cup is unbelievably racist, probably the worst I've seen from a hearthstone tournament yet

some good games so far though

/r/hearthstone has a huge thread on it, so much butthurt and trumpeteers coming out of the woodwork

Levi

Banned
Control choices in standard:

Warrior: Control Warrior, C'thun Warrior
Shaman: Ancestral/Earth Elemental Shaman (AKA Crusher Shaman)
Rogue: ?
Paladin: N'Zoth Paladin, Healadin, Control Murloc Paladin
Hunter: ?
Druid: ?
Warlock: Renolock
Mage: Reno Mage / Grinder Mage
Priest: N'zoth Priest, C'thun Priest, Control Priest

Considered competitive (tier 2 or higher) on ladder:

C'thun Warrior, Control Warrior, Renolock

Am I missing anything?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah Warrior currently has a viable aggro, tempo, control and combo deck.

Technically a viable aggro, two viable tempos, two viable controls and two viable combos.

Edit: Most ridiculous tempo swing ever.

https://secure.twitch.tv/lokshadow/v/79174434?t=01h37m33s
As you can see, removing Death's Bite basically destroyed the class as predicted.

Dahbomb

Control choices in standard:

Warrior: Control Warrior, C'thun Warrior
Shaman: Ancestral/Earth Elemental Shaman (AKA Crusher Shaman)
Rogue: ?
Paladin: N'Zoth Paladin, Healadin, Control Murloc Paladin
Hunter: ?
Druid: ?
Warlock: Renolock
Mage: Reno Mage / Grinder Mage
Priest: N'zoth Priest, C'thun Priest, Control Priest

Considered competitive (tier 2 or higher) on ladder:

C'thun Warrior, Control Warrior, Renolock

Am I missing anything?
Yogg Druid and Hunter are basically control decks too.

Levi

Banned
Yogg Druid and Hunter are basically control decks too.

Token Druid / aka Yogg Druid is not a control deck. It's a board flood deck. I think there's a difference.

Yogg Hunter I put in the gimmick category next to Renounce Darkness Warlock. Clown Fiesta / RNG take the wheel nonsense. Am I wrong?

Dahbomb

I see different types of Yogg Druids so I am not sure which one people refer to. There's the Ramp variant of Yogg Druid too. Most of these carry a ton of spells and removals including stuff like Mulch.

But yeah that's pretty fringe anyway.

Locknload hunter is shit imo.

But yogg druid is incredible. I haven't actually dipped into it myself. It's not a control deck though. It's actually quite aggressive imo, as druid decks always have tended to be, ramping up and pulling off disgusting board spam combos that token druid of classic era would be jealous of with the option of yogg that puts perhaps every other yogg deck to shame in terms of sheer spell count.

Nah Tempo Mage Yogg deck has crazy amount of spells especially when Cabalist's Tome start popping off.

Tempo mage doesn't run cabalist's tome. At least, I haven't seen it in a top tier list yet. I've seen some people attempting to make cabalist's tome work in a tempo deck, but frankly they've been really bad showings. Even ethereal conjurer is pretty slow now, which was at best a 1 of to help antonidas have fuel late game.

Celegus

I'd love to know overall win rates per class. My warrior must be like 10%. Haven't cleared a single quest this week because I have doubles of warrior quest and can't win a single game for some reason.

manhack

I'd love to know overall win rates per class. My warrior must be like 10%. Haven't cleared a single quest this week because I have doubles of warrior quest and can't win a single game for some reason.

Warrior is currently the best class in the game. We just need to find you a good list.

Occasionally I struggle doing Warrior quests because the meta is really trying to target warrior and you can run into a bunch of Mid-Range Hunter in a row.

Celegus

Warrior is currently the best class in the game. We just need to find you a good list.

Occasionally I struggle doing Warrior quests because the meta is really trying to target warrior and you can run into a bunch of Mid-Range Hunter in a row.

What Warrior deck do you run?

Play against a friend (or a dummy account).
I saw that the friend thing was going on this week, but that's too much of a hassle in my current state (recovering from surgery and bed ridden all week). That could also explain why I've been playing so poorly, haha.

I don't have some of the heavy hitters for control like Grom or Rag so I've been trying more of the aggro/pirate decks. Anything come to mind that's pretty foolproof just to get wins? Been playing HS since beta but warrior has always been my least favorite and I've gotten next to none of the good warrior epics/legendaries.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I saw that the friend thing was going on this week, but that's too much of a hassle in my current state (recovering from surgery and bed ridden all week). That could also explain why I've been playing so poorly, haha.

I don't have some of the heavy hitters for control like Grom or Rag so I've been trying more of the aggro/pirate decks. Anything come to mind that's pretty foolproof just to get wins? Been playing HS since beta but warrior has always been my least favorite and I've gotten next to none of the good warrior epics/legendaries.

Pirate is pretty fool proof.

DSmalls84

Do you have a pretty decent collection? Zoolock, Aggro/Midrange Shaman, and Midrange Hunter are all solid value decks that will probably outperform Pirate Warrior. I have only been playing since May but have consistently hit Rank 10 with Zoolock, I am saving my dust for a Cthun or Control Warrior deck but they require a lot of dust or a substantial collection.

Miletius

Need a friend to play, if anybody is interested. NA as Miletius#1828.

Edit: Found one! Thanks all, feel free to add me to F list, though!

Celegus

Do you have a pretty decent collection? Zoolock, Aggro/Midrange Shaman, and Midrange Hunter are all solid value decks that will probably outperform Pirate Warrior. I have only been playing since May but have consistently hit Rank 10 with Zoolock, I am saving my dust for a Cthun or Control Warrior deck but they require a lot of dust or a substantial collection.
Yeah I can make any of those decks pretty easily. My issue is usually just when I get 2 quests that are Win 5 as Warrior and X and feel like it's time to drag out the warrior. Would probably be better off doing the other class though for as poorly as I do on warrior.

DSmalls84

Yeah I can make any of those decks pretty easily. My issue is usually just when I get 2 quests that are Win 5 as Warrior and X and feel like it's time to drag out the warrior. Would probably be better off doing the other class though for as poorly as I do on warrior.

Sometimes if ranked isn't going well I switch to casual or tavern brawl to complete a quest. Tried casual yet?

G.ZZZ

Damn TakeTV organizers are geniouses

So many good random cuts with songs and visual effects, downtimes are more interestings than the games.

Mirimar

What in the actual fuck is going on? 7 warriors in a row playing that stupid OTK Worgen deck that basically draws the entire deck in like 8 turns.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nasty 6 game losing streak. Icky.

And now a winning streak. Hooray.

Considering crafting Thalnos to bolster my tempo mage. Thalnos used to never get play right? Or has it always been in mage and rogue decks?

Nasty 6 game losing streak. Icky.

And now a winning streak. Hooray.

Considering crafting Thalnos to bolster my tempo mage. Thalnos used to never get play right? Or has it always been in mage and rogue decks?

Pretty much staples in mage and rogue. Maybe not every conceivable deck.

I honestly think for rogue at least, thalnos being so important more has to do with their low count of quality cards, especially minions. But it's also just because rogue has so many low cost spells as well.

Same thing with mage, except their do have good amounts of quality cards, they just like spell damage enough to run 3x 2 cost spell power minions.

Danj

i got in to the elder scrolls legends beta

GOODBYE HEARTHSTONE, I AM FINALLY FREEE! FUCK YOU KNIFE JUGGLER

it's probably gonna suck, i'll be back in like 2 hours

I've barely played Hearthstone since I got into Overwatch. I guess I like shooting virtual people more than I like playing cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom