• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Keep it. It's a good secret and, while Hunter isn't playing a ton of them right now, Blizzard loves their secrets so don't be surprised if they bring more ways to get them into play.

If he is low on dust, dusting it seems super obvious to me. He loses nothing by doing so. In the unlikely event that snake trap becomes relevant, he can just craft it again for zero difference in total dust spent.

Unless of course he values golden cards.

Owzers

I've barely played Hearthstone since I got into Overwatch. I guess I like shooting virtual people more than I like playing cards?
Pretty much the same, I think it's because you can change your character depending how the match is going and hearthstone feels rigid and slow by comparison. Bad matchup? Well maybe next game you'll get a better one *shrug*

What is the strongest card I can play for 4 mana?

I'm certain some would argue flamewreathed faceless is the strongest, because of sheer stats. But frankly if you have the mana and hand to support it, violet teacher is. Think of it this way, it starts at 3/5 and every spell you play adds +1/+1 up to +6/+6. So you're potentially getting 9/11 out of a 4 drop. Add in power of the wild and it gets disgusting tbh.

So solo card - flamewreathed faceless, with the 2 mana overload, and for multiple cards it's deck specific. And of course since faceless is shaman only, it's hard to pinpoint to a specific neutral or class card without more context.

Fandral is pretty darn good it seems.

Good point. Fandral is absurdly strong. Fuck the 7/7, that shit is overrated af. Fandral is spell damage with wrath (and cycle), he is violet teacher with living roots (and summons 2), he is something absurd with nourish, something strong with idol, insane with wisps of the old gods... Absurd with power of the wild and that's one I missed personally from the start.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm considering putting together a dragon warrior deck but it feels so lame. At least the legendaries in most decks are generally good ones like rag and grommash.

I like easy to play curve decks though. I'm a beginner, sue me.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Greedy reno rogue played coin Reno shadowstep on turn 5 because i had a ridiculous double mana wyrm start with tempo mage. He didnt Reno turn 7 when down to 14 health even though i had an azure drake on board, he went for a weak gadgetzan turn and didn't clear the drake. He died on turn 8.

I haven't gotten the opportunity to play Yogg with my tempo mage in at least 20 games.

Greedy reno rogue played coin Reno shadowstep on turn 5 because i had a ridiculous double mana wyrm start with tempo mage. He didnt Reno turn 7 when down to 14 health even though i had an azure drake on board, he went for a weak gadgetzan turn and didn't clear the drake. He died on turn 8.

I haven't gotten the opportunity to play Yogg with my tempo mage in at least 20 games.

You're having way better luck than me. I've been getting crushed playing Mage.

patchday

Pretty much the same, I think it's because you can change your character depending how the match is going and hearthstone feels rigid and slow by comparison. Bad matchup? Well maybe next game you'll get a better one *shrug*

I play both games. I love hearthstone for well done ranked 1vs1 action. I like OW for casual fun.

your statement seems kinda funny to me since some OW ranked matches can go 30-40mins+ while hearthstone matches are much shorter. Alas, totally different genres so its kinda weird to attempt to compare them.

Pooya

so in brawl, I used forbidden shaping into majordomo. then when I used raven idols, they were limited to druid cards. them interactions. pretty sure jaraxxus still counts as warlock.

Haven't played for a bit, go online just to be placed against the same cancerous aggro cunt decks that have been around for ages.

Same shit, different day. Is there any point in playing "constructed" these days?

Dre

Haven't played for a bit, go online just to be placed against the same cancerous aggro cunt decks that have been around for ages.

Same shit, different day. Is there any point in playing "constructed" these days?

Besides the rank rewards? No not really. But those are really nice, so it kinda alleviates the downside in laddering.
For instance I got a golden Force of Nature as a reward once and after the nerf I dusted it and made a legendary out of it.

NBtoaster

Curious what warrior will get this time. Blizzard usually gives strong classes extra tools to open up additional play styles but warrior already does everything.

Levi

Banned
Curious what warrior will get this time. Blizzard usually gives strong classes extra tools to open up additional play styles but warrior already does everything.

I hope zero aggressive cards, I want something for control warrior. I hate that Dragon Warrior is tier one and CW is tier two.

Heropon

Well, well, thanks to that friendly match quest today I've got 160 gold without getting any of that ladder salt. Also thanks to Levi and ViviOggi for the matches, and Blizzard for making this quest, a really good addition. :)

Levi

Banned
Well, well, thanks to that friendly match quest today I've got 160 gold without getting any of that ladder salt. Also thanks to Levi and ViviOggi for the matches, and Blizzard for making this quest, a really good addition. :)

Thanks for the game and for wrecking me with your bootleg Onyxia, lol.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I didn't watch it all but looks like he played 3 dragon warriors in a row. Neviilz played 3 zoo decks in a row when he hit #1. Is this common in legend to constantly play against the same decks? How are people not getting bored..

These people are playing one game every single day for 8+ hours for years. They're immune to boredom.

fertygo

I didn't watch it all but looks like he played 3 dragon warriors in a row. Neviilz played 3 zoo decks in a row when he hit #1. Is this common in legend to constantly play against the same decks? How are people not getting bored..
at high rank you pretty often get rematch queue

Btw personallý deck variety not really bother me unless its worst matchup ofc

Xanathus

at high rank you pretty often get rematch queue

Btw personallý deck variety not really bother me unless its worst matchup ofc

I queue into the exact same player if I queue into ladder immediately, so usually if I had a bad matchup then I wait a couple seconds before requeuing.

Tacitus_

Dear diary, today I got Yogg'Saron in the Raven Idol Brawl

dMOqhsh.jpg

Levi

Banned
Finally got my first legendary on my Asia account, after around 30 classic packs.

My first legendary on my EU account was Antonidas, and now the first legendary on my Asia account is:

xs7NAbs.png

Crazy. My first legendary on NA was Harrison... but my first ever golden legendary was, you guessed it, Antonidas.

If I got to pick I would have picked Leeroy, as on Asia I'm so far only playing aggro. My only good decks are Pirate Warrior and combo Shaman (a hybrid shaman with a reckless rocketeer/windfury finisher) and Leeroy would be perfect for either.

Guess the last few tweets on the Hearthstone account pretty much confirms the theme they're going with for the new adventure. Whether it's Karazhan or something else, they're definitely going with a "party" theme.

manhack

If you like playing the game, then the ranked rewards are good and completing quests or working towards golden heroes.

Aggro will always be part of any game like this, especially when rewards come quicker for getting through games faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom