• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

I just played a priest that played no minions in ten turns besides an auchenai and two acolytes. Would that have been an otk deck or just a dead deck?

yeah I keep seeing priests play nothing but removes then they might put something down in late game. played against one this morning that relentlessly cleared some of my board til I finally got control and lethal'ed him with my Shaman

oops sorry im having trouble with this post :<

so one thing i was wondering is if maybe it would be cool if each class had an unique 0 mana card instead of the coin

for instance, tentatively:

priest: give a minion -1/+1

warrior: equip a 1/2 weapon

driuid: 1/1 minion, deathrattle: restore 2 health to your hero

rogue: coin

mage: your next spell this turn gets +1 spell damage

shaman: deal 2 damage, overload 2

hunter: 0/2 taunt

warlock: pick a card from your hand and discard it, then draw a card

paladin: silence an enemy minion, then give it +0/+3

Asbel

I have two overlapping Shaman quests so I'm trying out "Bog Champ" Shaman (aka Ancestral Control, aka Concede Shaman) and man this is a fun deck.

I had a C'thun Druid decide not to attack into my Earth Elemental the turn I played it, trying to preserve his board, so I was able to double Ancestral and then Faceless it. No Druid can get through 6 Earth Elementals.

Next game was against a Nzoth Rogue who thought they had countered my strategy by vanishing board of Earth Elementals after I got the combo, but I was able to just keep playing big taunts every turn until they conceded. Helps when you save Hex for Sylvanas.

Taunt Shaman leads to games that look like Tavern Brawls.

H75GLZBh.jpg
He played Doomsayer so I answered with two Resurrects on Emp and cloned him.
He got Golden Monkey to Varian to Y'Shraaj only for me to wipe his board with Elemental Destruction.
Resurrect on both my Syvannas, damn you Anamolous.

Haha fuck this yogg druid.

.eJwNzMENwyAMAMBd-AcMbWzIBPl3gAgRCyIlEIH7qrp7ewPcR737qRZVRO6xGLMfI7W-6yGtx8w6t5ZPjvcxdGqXiSIxlYurDGMJ0PnZPsiHAM4_g3FASOQJrMUZAwQwK8cu5d9V3l6pM9dRmmxAk8PJ4uasnlE71HfN6vsDPfAswA.Tr4YQVke18u6cms-vcfjUcjgakc.png

He had to yogg to stay in the game. I yogged the turn before because I had initiative. And my yogg got me a 7/9 with charge, and a feral spirits with some buffs and then windfury. Even got mirror entity to get his yogg.

My yogg made up some for all the poor RNG I've had today and lately.

KuroNeeko

Finally broke 300 wins with my Priest.
Second place is Rogue with about 120 or so.

I don't know if I have it in me for another 200 wins...lol.

I just want priest to have something that can deal w/ divine shield and 4 atk minions. That's probably too much to ask though

Shadow Word: Mediocrity

Cost 4
Destroy all minions with 4 ATK.

"Especially against C'Thun Druid, which isn't popular, but IMO is underrated."

Yeah, this match up is ridiculously stupid.

Had a blast with my Murloc Secret Paladin this month. Road to rank 4 was painless, fun and it's not a half bad deck overall.

123213jkjr2.png

231214mkqi.png

I hope I can still make it work after the adventure. It's due for some tweaks anyway.

I've been looking to make a deck with Inquisitor for some time and thought I'd give this deck a spin. I've never played with Doctor 6 before, so it's kind of fun playing with him now that he's slightly less OP.

How do you deal with Zoo / Shaman? In my practice sessions against the innkeeper, it's pretty easy to get the 1/2 +ATK murloc in play and protect him, but it seems like the Tunnel Trogg &#8594; Totem Golem (or turn 4+ lightning storms) would shut the deck down. Also, how important is the Inquisitor? Should Finley take precedent over it, or should you aim to play Finley, then overwrite with the Inquisitor?

How does this deck do against Fiery War Axe? (lol)

Teach me your ways, Mysterious Murloc Sempai!

so one thing i was wondering is if maybe it would be cool if each class had an unique 0 mana card instead of the coin

I wouldn't mind something like that in addition to the coin, but I wouldn't want to see the coin replaced. It adds a lot to the game in my opinion.

What would be the point of this?

Mulgrok

My C'thun priest is destroying all shaman at rank 5, but doesn't do so well against any other class. Highlight of my run today was completely destroying an ancestral spirit shaman. He probably had a total of 16 7/7 or higher minions, but he still ran out of cards while I was still at full hp and had several big minions (including c'thun) left to draw. That was a fun puzzle to solve.

wiibomb

TFW you bully the guy who saved his 80 gold quest for you. :(

SMnhnii.jpg

That top deck was gross.

that Earth Elemental into resurrection into double faceless manipulator was the grossest thing I've ever seen in a shaman... and I think it was my fault...

it was completely awesome

KuroNeeko

Had a blast with my Murloc Secret Paladin this month. Road to rank 4 was painless, fun and it's not a half bad deck overall.

231214mkqi.png

I hope I can still make it work after the adventure. It's due for some tweaks anyway.

Went 4/4 with this at lunch.
Part of my losses were just growing pains. For example, now I know that Noble Sacrifice doesn't proc when you have seven doods on the board. (duh)

My matches were as follows:

Priest (C'thun / N'zoth): 1 / 2
Rog (NZo): 0 / 1
Hun(Mid): 0 / 1
Hun (Hat): 1 / 0
War (C'thun): 1 / 0
Dru. (Yogg): 1 / 0

Lost one Priest match to a turn one NC, followed by PW: S. Seven minions on board meant that the 5/2 Sylvanas could run into my War Leader without Noble Sac proccing. Felt bad.

Hunter (Mid) was close, but turn one Finley gave me Priest power (as opposed to Warrior and Druid?) and I couldn't draw an Inquisitor.

Finley is awkward at times. In the best situations, you can do some Hero Power shenanigans, but otherwise he's really awkward on turn one.

I've been mulliganing away secrets for War Leader, low-cost minions, and Divine Favor. I usually keep Dr. 6 if I have him. Does that sound about right?

The Secret Keepers are also pretty meh. I thought they'd proc with Dr. 6, but no luck. I don't know what I'd replace them with though...maybe Keeper of Uldaman or Defender of Argus?

Fun deck. There's a more stable Secret Paladin build out there, but I'm going to keep playing this one for another 10 games or so and see if I can get a bit more used to it.

patchday

Yeah last night was weird. Won a few ranked matches but didn't quite rank up. Guess lots of players obviously have Golden heroes as you start getting closer to Rank 10

TFW you bully the guy who saved his 80 gold quest for you. :(

SMnhnii.jpg

That top deck was gross.

Interesting I guess you're running this build or something similar. I just happen to have Bloodhoof. But lacking Doomsayer and dont wanna burn my dust with an Adventure looming upon us. Looks like an interesting build though!!

inky

I've been looking to make a deck with Inquisitor for some time and thought I'd give this deck a spin. I've never played with Doctor 6 before, so it's kind of fun playing with him now that he's slightly less OP.

How do you deal with Zoo / Shaman? In my practice sessions against the innkeeper, it's pretty easy to get the 1/2 +ATK murloc in play and protect him, but it seems like the Tunnel Trogg &#8594; Totem Golem (or turn 4+ lightning storms) would shut the deck down. Also, how important is the Inquisitor? Should Finley take precedent over it, or should you aim to play Finley, then overwrite with the Inquisitor?

How does this deck do against Fiery War Axe? (lol)

Teach me your ways, Mysterious Murloc Sempai!

You should be able to win most matches against Zoo and Shaman, but it's not easy by any means. Be smart on your muligan. If you are going second try to keep cards that you can combo together with coin (secretkeeper + a couple of secrets), or something that lets you start a bit a head: turn 1 noble sacrifice, turn 2 Bilefin Hunter or turn 1 Finley, turn 2 coin Warleader (so you can trade up). It's easy to get a good curve due to the low cost and synergistic nature of the deck. Of course you won't always be able to anticipate your opponent having the exact removal to counter your plays, but it is what it is. I would advise keeping Consecration against Warlock or Shaman.

Inquisitor is important to let you abuse Murloc Knight, like I said in a previous post. For a turn 1 play I would rather have Finley and wouldn't feel bad about sending back inquisitor. This is for 2 reasons: 1 it doesn't immediately give away your strategy if you play a turn 1 Finley, and 2, a different hero power you get early on is more useful than a 1/1 Murloc because you usually trade during the early turns. Overriding with Inquisitor once you can make use of your boost cards like Warleader or Coldlight Seer immediately after makes more sense. don't be afraid to keep certain secrets if you think you can counter an opponent play.

The way you play against Winaxe is, well, hope they don't draw it :p, but also try to bait it with your Tidehunters. The downside is of course that Warrior is also well suited to counter 1 HP minions, so don't overextend. Warrior is definitely the trickiest because they have very different strategies, but if you curve out well they'll waste removal and then be SOL when MC and Tirion hits.

Levi

Banned
Interesting I guess you're running this build or something similar. I just happen to have Bloodhoof. But lacking Doomsayer and dont wanna burn my dust with an Adventure looming upon us. Looks like an interesting build though!!

You won't be using dust on the adventure. Those cards can't be crafted until they rotate out of standard.

As far as the deck, yeah, I'm playing Frodan's exact deck. It's insane when it works.

I tried J4ckie's Dragonlock from SeatStory and I hated it. So weak to aggro, and that's all I saw. I'm also testing Fibonacci's latest N'zoth Warrior build. Has some cool tech cards such as Tinkmaster. So far so good but I'm not sure it's as good as C'thun or regular Control Warrior. Fibonacci took it to top ten legend, but he's one of the best control warrior players in the world so I think that reflects the player more than the deck.

Went from rank 18 to rank 10 last night in Standard with Dragon Warrior. Will the entire climb be this easy? One can only hope.

Troublesome matchups are Midrange Shaman (Valiant is hard to deal with) and Control Warrior. Everything else feels pretty free so far. I keep seeing Divine Shield Paladin - is that back to being a thing? It feels weak, especially when Murloc Paladin is still worth playing IMO.

Oh yeah, what can we expect when the new adventure is revealed? How many cards have they historically shown?

gutshot

Went from rank 18 to rank 10 last night in Standard with Dragon Warrior. Will the entire climb be this easy? One can only hope.

Troublesome matchups are Midrange Shaman (Valiant is hard to deal with) and Control Warrior. Everything else feels pretty free so far. I keep seeing Divine Shield Paladin - is that back to being a thing? It feels weak, especially when Murloc Paladin is still worth playing IMO.

Oh yeah, what can we expect when the new adventure is revealed? How many cards have they historically shown?

Depends on if they do the immediate launch like they did with LOE or not. If it's going to launch next week, then we'll see them all. If not, it'll be like 6-7 new cards revealed with the rest coming in later weeks.

jerd

What is a good deck tracking app, preferably without an in game overlay? I know there have been some posted but now I can't find them

inky

I've been mulliganing away secrets for War Leader, low-cost minions, and Divine Favor. I usually keep Dr. 6 if I have him. Does that sound about right?

The Secret Keepers are also pretty meh. I thought they'd proc with Dr. 6, but no luck. I don't know what I'd replace them with though...maybe Keeper of Uldaman or Defender of Argus?

Fun deck. There's a more stable Secret Paladin build out there, but I'm going to keep playing this one for another 10 games or so and see if I can get a bit more used to it.

Secret Keepers are iffy, I admit, but they are best when you can chain a good amount of secrets behind them, so the very early turns. I've been thinking about switching them out, but with a good amount of secrets in your deck, anything you switch them out for is going to be a) slower and b) negative synergy most likely. Stick with them for a few more matches.

Don't keep Dr. 6, that's why you have 2 of them. It's not your win condition, just a tool to lock down the board you established before and thin your deck. Pulling 1 or 2 secrets is just as good. I actually switched out Sacred Trial and don't even have a perfect tree in this deck if you noticed. I found Consecration much more useful.

Also check my previous post where I talk about using Finley.

Levi

Banned
What is a good deck tracking app, preferably without an in game overlay? I know there have been some posted but now I can't find them

Not sure what you're looking for, but I like Track-o-bot, and the (minimal) overlay can be turned off.

bjaelke

The Elder Scrolls: Legends will see Hearthstone’s dominance finally challenged
As brilliant as Hearthstone is—and I consider it one of the games of my life—there’s a thirst for something new. I don’t think [The Elder Scrolls:] Legends is going to compete in terms of pure fun factor. It noticeably lacks the kind of moments created by a card like Reno Jackson in Hearthstone, and I’m not sure it will ever lead to a video series like Trolden’s wonderful Funny & Lucky Moments.
pass
Alternatively: https://hsdecktracker.net/

Dahbomb

On the 28th and they reveal all adventure cards with a couple of days unlike full expansions. Assuming it is an adventure that us.

Against Midrange Shaman you pretty much have to start winning before Thunderbluff is a factor and that's definitely doable because your minions are faster and if you execute a Faceless then you shoot far ahead of them.

Divine Pally decks prop up here and there but theRE are fewer of them at higher ranks. Higher ranks are generally dominated by the top 4 classes with a mix of Yogg Druid and Tempo Mage thrown in.

Xanathus

LOL

"Elder Scrolls will challenge Hearthstone. Even though it's basically a worse version of it. Be afraid Blizzard!"

There are quite a few significant differences between the games although a lot of fundamental mechanics are the same. It definitely seems like something i'll try out and any competition to Hearthstone is good for all players.

Just discovered I got into the ES legends beta, the problem is Yogg knows and now he'll punish me for my betrayal.

edit:
Wow, the launcher looks like a rip off battlenet lol

The only reason I think ES legends even has a shot is because elder scrolls is a large franchise. But I guess it could also be a good game.

Shouldn't face any problems before rank 5 if you just run a standard deck.
Cool beans. I don't think I've ever had such smooth sailing to rank 10 before. Even Wild has been a harder climb.

Depends on if they do the immediate launch like they did with LOE or not. If it's going to launch next week, then we'll see them all. If not, it'll be like 6-7 new cards revealed with the rest coming in later weeks.
I WANT IT ALL!

LOL

"Elder Scrolls will challenge Hearthstone. Even though it's basically a worse version of it. Be afraid Blizzard!"
Is Hearthstone older than Hex? I always thought Hex was older because the UI is so atrocious.

It does seem to have a couple big differences. Lanes... 50 card instead of 30, runes and prophecy cards. We'll see.
The lane splitting is lame. The Ubisoft game already does something like it, and it was pretty dull. Spellweaver's speed system is more interesting, as is Duelyst's board and Infinity Wars' tri-deployment system.

Also, I am not a big fan of cards that can only be destroyed by their anti. I've always felt like MtG having enchantments, but certain colors like red not being able to destroy enchantments, was stupid. If Hearthstone added enchantments or artifacts, I think it would be best if Silence killed them, or if they could be killed in a plain fashion somehow.

On the 28th and they reveal all adventure cards with a couple of days unlike full expansions. Assuming it is an adventure that us.

Against Midrange Shaman you pretty much have to start winning before Thunderbluff is a factor and that's definitely doable because your minions are faster and if you execute a Faceless then you shoot far ahead of them.

Divine Pally decks prop up here and there but theRE are fewer of them at higher ranks. Higher ranks are generally dominated by the top 4 classes with a mix of Yogg Druid and Tempo Mage thrown in.
The weirdest thing: none of them played a Faceless. Maybe they were just being smart.

I've fought the Yogg Druid 3 times, and it's the freest thing I've experienced so far. Tempo Mage killed me once, but he played very well - no salt there.

patchday

You won't be using dust on the adventure. Those cards can't be crafted until they rotate out of standard.

As far as the deck, yeah, I'm playing Frodan's exact deck. It's insane when it works.

I tried J4ckie's Dragonlock from SeatStory and I hated it. So weak to aggro, and that's all I saw. I'm also testing Fibonacci's latest N'zoth Warrior build. Has some cool tech cards such as Tinkmaster. So far so good but I'm not sure it's as good as C'thun or regular Control Warrior. Fibonacci took it to top ten legend, but he's one of the best control warrior players in the world so I think that reflects the player more than the deck.

Right, but I am curious how the meta will shake up before I blow my 'savings'. Plus looking at that deck I am missing a lot of cards. I am playing around with Ancestral spirit + Bloodhoof + Face manipulator though. But need more time to experiment. I'm missing stuff like Eleemental destruction and Hallazeal which seems like hallmark Control Shaman cards. (I'm still new so correct me if I'm wrong. I started on Whispers of Old gods)

still havent tried Dragon warrior. Havent mess around much in rank this month. Hit 16 with my zoo deck. Last night I experimented with Darwin Shaman and this mid range hunter deck (Silentstorm). Got close to 15 but kept losing right at the final match. Was a lot of fun tho

Reno jackson is sort of a blight. Kinda what I do not like bout the game lol. Since I run zoo / aggro / mid range its annoying fighting long matches with these Reno dudes

Dahbomb

Kinda wished that some digital card game would try to use the YGO system of costs and not rely on the Magic/HS economy of mana crystals accrued over time.

That's a system where control and combo can shine the most.

Also I have come around on Execute. I think it can go to 2 mana. I don't have a problem with how it's used in Control Warrior (which is why Shield Slam is fine) but Execute in these tempo decks is soul crushing. Can't play a big minion because then you will lose such massive tempo to a 1 mana execute into whatever solid minion they play with it.

But I am not bringing out the pitchforks for it, that's why I said it CAN go to 2 mana and not that it should. If it stays as is then that's fine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom