• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

started playing on EU for the first time this month, played dragon warrior for like 90 minutes, reached rank 5. my fastest ever, holy shit. I lost like 3 games, games ended so fast and with the insane streak I had, I was playing like 3 matches per rank. lol

if anyone wants 80 gold on EU server, I can give you that right now.

I got first world problems. Got enough dust to finally craft a Legendary. only legit Legendary I really use right now is Cairne Bloodhoof that I got from a pack. Thinking to craft Leeroy for my zoo deck. Also eyeballing these nice Shaman only legendaries.

I know Sylvannas and Twin velkor etc are good but I never play those decks. I only play mid range decks mostly

None of the Shaman legendaries are worth crafting right now. Sylvanas is the best neutral legendary, Tirion is the best class legendary. Pretty unlikely to change anytime soon.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
A variation of this: https://manacrystals.com/deck_guides/77-sheng-s-starter-basic-warlock-0-dust

It seems like Im doing fine till mid game then the opponent drops some legendary card and the momentum swings in their way. I also faced this paladin who had a minion give automatically give other minions a divine shield. Like wtf?

I would go through all the basic decks that Sheng made and see if one suits your fancy most, then build from there. Some classes have better basic class cards than others. Mage might have the best. Fireball and frostbolt are two of the best cards in the game.

inky

Looks like a cool deck. I've always wanted to use Murloc Knight so I'll try this out. Which hero powers do you prioritize with Finley? And have you thought about adding one Anyfin to improve the control (aka c'thun/control warrior) matchup? I'm not sure how Anyfin decides on which minions are revived though.

There's no priority pick, just go with what suits your needs; it's really versatile in that sense. It's also likely that you'll use it for one or two turns only, before you switch again.

- Can't go wrong with Mage, Druid and Rogue to trade and control (which you will be required to most likely). I like Rogue's because even if you have to Vilefin after, you can keep a dagger handy for later on. The obvious downside is anti weapon tech, or if you can't afford to take face damage, need to go through a taunt, etc.
- Warlock is good for when Divine Favor is nowhere to be found.
- Hunter I wouldn't pick early on unless your hand is amazing and you know you'll need the burn to finish it fast.
- Priest and Warrior I very rarely pick. Healing might still come in handy to save a minion (or yourself) so the option is there.
- Shaman; unless you are gambling for a specific totem this is likely a bad choice.

The real reason you want 2xVilefin + Finley in there is to get that Murloc Knight working as much as you can, and the hero power choice is an added layer to that. I can tell you that a lot of the time you'll be doing this: Turn 4: Murloc Knight, Turn 5: Hero Power -> Finley/Vilefin -> Hero Power again. It's an amazing play if you get the chance, and you do, believe me.

As for Anyfin, I don't think it would improve this deck but truth is I haven't tried it. I don't think I've ever gone into a very late control situation (wrapping up games by turn 9 is common), and considering the lack of charge Murlocs in the deck, its impact would probably be not that great.

patchday

None of the Shaman legendaries are worth crafting right now. Sylvanas is the best neutral legendary, Tirion is the best class legendary. Pretty unlikely to change anytime soon.

yeah not too fond of paladin right now but yeah Sylvannas looks fun. I'll probably just sit on my dust for now. Still could could use some rare cards too so might just use dust on that

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
It's real unfortunate they don't do the 13 free WOTG packs anymore. Feel it's real helpful to new players. Could probably make a basic cthun druid or full pirate warrior with those packs.

clav

Im willing to spend money. Can I buy a good deck?

Buy League of Explorers first then ask again.

Generally buying adventures will give the best boost to any player who wants to play constructed.

If you're willing to stick to arena though, then it doesn't matter.

I'm not sure how important LOE is to a new player. It could be a good investment. But it also rotates out of standard in less than a year. Meanwhile, we have a new adventure releasing hopefully within a week or two.

I think one of the most important questions is what deck you want to build.

Eddie Bax

Man, I feel like arena is in a bad place right now, at least for me personally.

Maybe I've just gotten worse, maybe the standard of opposition has just gotten better, but if I can't hit a perfect curve up until at least about turn 6 or 7, it's pretty much game over.

I'm struggling to hit 3 wins with decks that, on paper at least, aren't awful, when I used to average around 5 or 6, and it felt like there was a little more wriggle room even if you didn't have a perfect opening hand.

Anyone else struggling or am I just a scrub in post-WotG arena?

Levi

Banned
Nothing more deflating to losing your win streak to a bad player who plays garbage cards (ball. Of. Spiders.) but is able to play call of the Wild on turns 7 and 8, which I can clear, but then he has double skill command for lethal.

And then next game deranking to a good player playing a garbage class extremely well.

I'm so bad at the control warrior / control priest match up, and I play it so rarely that I don't know how I'm going to improve.

It doesn't help that both my brawls had the worst possible outcomes, and my Sylvanas stole a 2/2 instead of Chillmaw.

Had a blast with my Murloc Secret Paladin this month. Road to rank 4 was painless, fun and it's not a half bad deck overall.

123213jkjr2.png

231214mkqi.png

I hope I can still make it work after the adventure. It's due for some tweaks anyway.

As an update to my earlier post, I am currently crushing it with this deck.

Asbel

Man, such poor losers to Tauntman in casual. Dudes be disconnecting instead of just conceding. Last game, Tempo Mage guy spends the early game Bming until I pull off the 6 Thing from Below, then his Yogg builds his board, destroys my board, draws him cards and takes me to 2 health. I survive long enough to play my Yogg which wipes his board and he gives up, lol.

Celegus

Is this announcement really 11PM Pacific time? That seems like a really strange time for a livestream announcement. New adventure probably? Either way I'm not staying up till 2 AM just to see what it is, I'll see in the morning.

Is this announcement really 11PM Pacific time? That seems like a really strange time for a livestream announcement. New adventure probably? Either way I'm not staying up till 2 AM just to see what it is, I'll see in the morning.

It's because they're doing it in China at ChinaJoy, and yeah, it'll be the new adventure.

started playing on EU for the first time this month, played dragon warrior for like 90 minutes, reached rank 5. my fastest ever, holy shit. I lost like 3 games, games ended so fast and with the insane streak I had, I was playing like 3 matches per rank. lol

if anyone wants 80 gold on EU server, I can give you that right now.
I feel like I'm not playing the deck right. I mean I'm winning about 70% of my matches, but I just don't feel like I'm doing it right. What's the basic strategy with the deck? Are you supposed to just go face?

Or maybe my deck needs some work. How's your deck look. Our does anyone have any links to some good builds

bjaelke

I have been asking for a Small Game Hunter forever.

Only issue is that if you print it to be a 2 mana answer then tempo decks would be running it too in order to counter the other deck's 1 drop.

389.png

Anything better than that (cheaper/targeted) and it's going to remove Doomsayer from the game.

Cat Party

Man, I feel like arena is in a bad place right now, at least for me personally.

Maybe I've just gotten worse, maybe the standard of opposition has just gotten better, but if I can't hit a perfect curve up until at least about turn 6 or 7, it's pretty much game over.

I'm struggling to hit 3 wins with decks that, on paper at least, aren't awful, when I used to average around 5 or 6, and it felt like there was a little more wriggle room even if you didn't have a perfect opening hand.

Anyone else struggling or am I just a scrub in post-WotG arena?

I'm with you. I'm no arena god, but pre-WOTOG, 6-9 wins was typical, with some 11 and 12 win runs scattered in there. Now, I am averaging 4 wins. I think the problem is that WOTOG cards are more typical (Blizzard always increases the chances that you will draft cards from the newest set), and unlike past sets, they are more balanced,and also slower. Plus dependable cards from past sets are rarer, and synergies and combos are diluted. That makes it much harder to get a deck you can take on a run.

Pooya

I feel like I'm not playing the deck right. I mean I'm winning about 70% of my matches, but I just don't feel like I'm doing it right. What's the basic strategy with the deck? Are you supposed to just go face?

Or maybe my deck needs some work. How's your deck look. Our does anyone have any links to some good builds

I'm playing the list on tempostorm, I see some play deathwing which makes a lot of sense in this deck with low size hand you often have.

And how to play it, it's a tempo deck not face. You need to be playing something every turn pretty much and whenever you can go face. It's really easy to curve out with it, sometimes you don't get a dragon and it gets rough. You only want to save the ghouls for the proper moment.

One thing to consider is that always play your turn with what you can top deck next turn in mind, there are lot of chargers and damage in the deck, you have to see what's your out and play accordingly, face or trade, you could set up lethal a lot of time. Against hunter I'd play extra aggressively, you're not beating highmanes and call of the wild, you have to close the game before then. It's generally worth it to go face to activate the crushers on curve even if you have good trades. Your opponent generally trades for you since you're the aggressor more often, so don't trade your 3/3 into their 3/3 for example.

jerd

There's not much of value in TGT right? I've been pumping gold into TOG long enough I think i have 2x of all the commons and rares and most of the big epics like cotw. I have pretty much nothing from TGT but I think there is a lot better stuff in classic right?

bjaelke

There's not much of value in TGT right? I've been pumping gold into TOG long enough I think i have 2x of all the commons and rares and most of the big epics like cotw. I have pretty much nothing from TGT but I think there is a lot better stuff in classic right?

Correct. Joust is a pretty bad mechanic and most inspire minions are too slow (for the current meta). You're better off crafting the cards you need from that set.

Sheroking

It occurs to me that the new adventure (probably releasing) next month is going to push Blackrock Mountain out of standard.

RIP to Dragon decks, Grim Patron, Emperor, Skulker, Flamewaker and Imp Gang Boss.

jgminto

I think it depends on what you play, but I would say each class has a couple commonly used cards each.
Flame Juggler, Argent Horserider, Twilight Guardian, Justicar Trueheart, Chillmaw, Living Roots, Mulch, Bear Trap, King's Elekk, Arcane Blast, Flash Heal, Wyrmrest Agent, Ancestral Knowledge, Totem Golem, Tuskarr Totemic, Thunder Blff Valiant, Elemental Destruction, Bash, Alextrasza's Champion and Varian Wrynn are all cards that potentially see play in top decklists of each class.

tinantlu

Not sure how this works, but I have the play a friend quest right now (North America). My name is tinantlu #1973 if anyone wants to hit that up.

Asbel

Not sure how this works, but I have the play a friend quest right now (North America). My name is tinantlu #1973 if anyone wants to hit that up.
Thanks for the match. You're pretty good, just need to hone your skills. Watch some pros play and incorporate their knowledge into your style. You can always play me for practice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom