• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I'll probably stay up to be totally disappointed by the 30 minute long midnight stream. Are people doing the twitch chat again?

I want to see:

• New Cards
  • Show Match
  • Brode being a goof
  • Release Date

Give me that I'll go to sleep happy.

We should all get on the HS GAF twitch channel for the adventure reveal. Where my boy ViviOggi at though?

I don't know know what this is but I would like to. :D

I'll probably stay up to be totally disappointed by the 30 minute long midnight stream. Are people doing the twitch chat again?

We're all going to end up staying up for the 2 am reveal only to be teased with one card and an announcement for an announcement that's going to happen in two months.

wiibomb

they are pretty delayed by schedule in comparison to last year, right? I though last year there were even 2 adventures, I expected something like that this year.

they are pretty delayed by schedule in comparison to last year, right? I though last year there were even 2 adventures, I expected something like that this year.

There were 2 adventures and 1 expansion. This year, they're planning 2 expansions and 1 adventure, I think.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How long were past Adventure streams? I'm cool with starting at midnight, but if it's 2 hours or some nonsense...

The other adventures didn't really have streams? I don't think? LoE was announced at Blizzcon and Ben Brode straight up revealed all the cards, then, but that's probably not what we will see here?

Fishlake

I don't have the will power to stay up till 2am and then get up the next day so I'll read about it tomorrow.

I'm at 1390 gold so I'm prepared for adventure wings.

I'll get to read all the under/overwhelmed reactions to it all.

Zemm

I though twitch blocked the viewbots, p4wnyhof is still going strong.

yeah that was weird. Like there's no doubt in my mind that he viewbots when he has 9k viewers and messages are on screen for 5 minutes before enough messages are posted to remove them. Plus half the Hearthstone twitch community are banned for posting MrDestructoid in his chat. The guy is a prick so I hope they get him eventually.

Levi

Banned
I though twitch blocked the viewbots, p4wnyhof is still going strong.

Seems like they blocked one of the major providers, but other botting services are still working.

I'm sure the one they blocked will figure out a work-around, and in the meantime all their customers will be "tired' or have "equipment trouble" and not stream until it's updated, so as not to be embarrassed.

Dahbomb

It's a good idea to start running BGH now to be honest. Pretty much every deck has some target that can be hit by BGH these days, lots of folks using Ragnaros at the minium.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Win streaked into 2 stars 6 rank. Whenever I win, I usually quit. If i lose I will immediately queue up another match, but winning means an immediate quit for some reason.

patchday

Hm, will probably be sleep at 1 am CST most likely. Really excited to see the new cards though

didnt have too much time for ranked this month. I basically got to rank 16 in one sitting or something like that. And the game claims I'm in the Top 40%. I really respect people that devote the time to get to really high ranks. I got a neighbor/friend that was rank 4 last month but it felt like he was playing nonstop. Even during Game of Thrones, one of his favorite shows, he was still playing Hearthstone lol

Logged in today... spectated a match. The guy won. Spectate quest done.

Then it turned out we both had play a friend quest. 160 gold ezpz (had to play twice though).

10 minutes of hearthstone, almost 3 packs.

Asbel

Win streaked into 2 stars 6 rank. Whenever I win, I usually quit. If i lose I will immediately queue up another match, but winning means an immediate quit for some reason.
I'm the opposite and gotta keep that win streak going with another game and an end to the streak means I'm done for the day.

Looking forward to GAF impressions tomorrow.

KuroNeeko

Man, after weeks at Rank 15+ (with Priest), Inky's Murloc Challenger deck took me up to Rank 12. Now I'm cruising into 11 on a Win Streak playing standard Secret Paladin...

I feel so dirty.

Save me, new Hearthstone adventure!

Dahbomb

Man I just realized if they give Paladin early cards again then Secret Paladin will be back in tier 1. It's already like high tier 2 at the moment.

fertygo

Man I just realized if they give Paladin early cards again then Secret Paladin will be back in tier 1. It's already like high tier 2 at the moment.

its brokeback me when I met it, but I think I'll be fine after accustomed to it, shit ain't funny when you don't know what MC vomit, at least no avenge anymore

KuroNeeko

The Divine Shield neutrals and Bilefin Murloc (along with Rallying Blade) are all pretty good. Both Inky's Murloc Challenger and the standard Secret Paladin (listed in last week's vS report) can just snowball the game if left unchecked.

I'm actually enjoying SP after months of playing against it as Priest back before Standard. I'll drop it if it gets too popular (which it looks like it may since it's favorable against Dragon Warrior.)

inky

Man, after weeks at Rank 15+ (with Priest), Inky's Murloc Challenger deck took me up to Rank 12. Now I'm cruising into 11 on a Win Streak playing standard Secret Paladin...

I feel so dirty.

Save me, new Hearthstone adventure!

Glad you are having fun with it. I saw your message, and yeah, Mage is a guaranteed loss, but I'm surprised you faced that many, I've only seen 6 or 7 total.

Sorry I didn't play today but I was disconnecting from games a lot and lost 2 arenas to dc yesterday (and to other bs too, but that's just normal arena ;P).

Dahbomb

I wish they would make a Brawl where you can make a deck by using two classes.

Can't wait to see degenerate Tempo Secret Mage/Paladin deck and then get out 5 Mage Secrets with MC.

Or Priest with Forbidden Healing and Healing Wave, that would be something.

gutshot

Ugh, I'm exhausted and we still have 3 more hours to go. Not gonna be able to make it. Sucks, as this will be the first announcement stream I'll miss watching live. I guess it's cool for all the Chinese and Asian fans to get to see it live though.

Looking forward to discussing all the new cards tomorrow!

KuroNeeko

Glad you are having fun with it. I saw your message, and yeah, Mage is a guaranteed loss, but I'm surprised you faced that many, I've only seen 6 or 7 total.

Sorry I didn't play today but I was disconnecting from games a lot and lost 2 arenas to dc yesterday (and to other bs too, but that's just normal arena ;P).

I've brought the win rate to over 50% now. It's probably closer to 55%, even with the Tempo Mage Storm. Seems like the hardest matchups are Mage, Rogue, and C'thun Druid. To be honest, I'm having a really hard time against Priest, but some of those were because they had ASP / Circle twice in the first 6 turns.

You're a much better player than I am though for taking it all the way to rank 4. It is a lot of fun, just feels really, really fragile.

Man, that new Trolden video. I'm not sure which Yogg is more disgusting.

People will regret wanting Priest to be good. Getting your stuff entombed is anti-fun.

It's exactly why I'm glad Priest isn't good. Priest is awful to play against and it's not fun having your cards stolen and used against you. It's really shitty what they've turned Priest into and at this point I'm not sure there's any going back.

fertygo

Why Kolento so goddamn good at this game

vid where his play that otk worgen vid is crazy, I never see other player pilot that deck and find another win condition as often as he pull

dayum

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wish they would make a Brawl where you can make a deck by using two classes.

Can't wait to see degenerate Tempo Secret Mage/Paladin deck and then get out 5 Mage Secrets with MC.

Or Priest with Forbidden Healing and Healing Wave, that would be something.

I really hope one day Blizard shakes up the class dynamic a bit. Something like Alternative Hero Powers, or some way to mix cards from other classes. Like a Hybrid class, that has no cards of their own but can use upto 10 Priest Cards and 10 Paladin cards. Or a Archmage, that can use any classes spells, but only neutral minions.

Dahbomb

Noxious seems to think that Blizzard might be changing the core set by making stuff like Annoyotron/Reno Jackson part of the classic set. Seems like he's reading too hard into the Blizzard tweets but if that's true then that's the stuff I like to see. I want Reno Jackson around forever!

fertygo

I really hope one day Blizard shakes up the class dynamic a bit. Something like Alternative Hero Powers, or some way to mix cards from other classes. Like a Hybrid class, that has no cards of their own but can use upto 10 Priest Cards and 10 Paladin cards. Or a Archmage, that can use any classes spells, but only neutral minions.

this is too confusing, their devs keys forte to keep the game as simple as possible, everyone that watch in first glance can even understand

for better or worse

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Noxious seems to think that Blizzard might be changing the core set by making stuff like Annoyotron/Reno Jackson part of the classic set. Seems like he's reading too hard into the Blizzard tweets but if that's true then that's the stuff I like to see. I want Reno Jackson around forever!

It feels super unlikely that they would do that at anytime other than when cards are getting pushed out of standard.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah, I think he is. Even if they do change the core set, I'd expect that announcement next year, not for an Adventure in the middle of the year.

Miletius

It feels super unlikely that they would do that at anytime other than when cards are getting pushed out of standard.

They will do it eventually, but I don't foresee it right away, like you mention. There are certain cards that really do add a lot to the core set that I'd like to see being added. For example, Echo of Medivh, while not particularly overpowered, is an awesome card and deserves to be part of the core set. Cards that don't break the game but give people options to play should make it back in.

Should be up for the announcement, long work week. Plus it's only 11 here. I'll stop by HS GAF if people will be around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom