• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

This is pretty cool: reddit live thread for the Hearthstone reveal:

https://www.reddit.com/live/xc2yorvy6s5h

https://twitter.com/Azumoqt/status/758839294182117376/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Cofv1csUEAE-6OL.jpg

Echo of mediev is a cool card but I completely disagree on what should be included in the core set. I'd rather see LESS cards included in the core set than more cards. Sure I guess certain cards would be great to see in standard again from time to time, but I think one of the problems we have right now is that the classic set influences too much imo.

Dahbomb

Echo of mediev is a cool card but I completely disagree on what should be included in the core set. I'd rather see LESS cards included in the core set than more cards. Sure I guess certain cards would be great to see in standard again from time to time, but I think one of the problems we have right now is that the classic set influences too much imo.
They can take cards OUT of classic set too you know.

Though they already took out Force of Nature and Arcane Golem.... AYYY lmao!

Force of nature is awesome from yogg lol.

But if you also think about it, it's not terrible at least. At 6 mana that would be completely unplayable. At 5 mana it is balanced but druid has better cards.

---

Just had an awesome malygos rogue vs renolock match up. I got a 8/8 van cleef on turn 4. He reno'd on like turn 8 or something. But I already managed to ET and hit 3 of my burn spells giving me 25 damage if I drew malygos. I ended up drawing malygos. And then the turn I played him I drew a second eviscerate and already had prep in hand. So I ended up having 34 total burn damage.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I really hope Blizard takes a closer look at the Classic Set in the future. Basic is likely fine, but Classic just dominates to much IMO.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Aww yisss. Thanks for the invite the twitch HS GAF chat. Can't wait to complain during the reveals with the rest of the gaffers.

So Kharazan, is this gonna be like the original WoW raid or are they gonna do a tie in thing with Legion and make it a new raid/dungeon/thing? The latter sure makes lots of sense.

inky

OMG I'm already falling asleep. #notgonnamakeit

Not even the creepy noises I heard coming from the closet could do it. (Turns out a spider was making its way in or out a plastic bag I have in there. It sounded as if it was eating the fucking bag, it freaked me out a bit. At least it wasn't a mouse).

They will do it eventually, but I don't foresee it right away, like you mention. There are certain cards that really do add a lot to the core set that I'd like to see being added. For example, Echo of Medivh, while not particularly overpowered, is an awesome card and deserves to be part of the core set. Cards that don't break the game but give people options to play should make it back in.

Should be up for the announcement, long work week. Plus it's only 11 here. I'll stop by HS GAF if people will be around.
I think a good rule is "if it leads to a new deck archetype, it should become Classic". Echo of Medivh and Reno Jackson are perfect examples.

Force of Nature is sick pick from Raven idol bro, or Yogg lmao
Hahaha, too true.

patchday

It's exactly why I'm glad Priest isn't good. Priest is awful to play against and it's not fun having your cards stolen and used against you. It's really shitty what they've turned Priest into and at this point I'm not sure there's any going back.

so pissed at the dev that thought of entomb

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
so pissed at the dev that thought of entomb

I don't get the hate against Entomb. The card nearly never pays off mana-wise. Listen to Kibler spit some hot truth in his latest video around 2min in.

The card is too slow to be good in most matchups. It is too inefficient against anything but a control deck. Yes it is a very good card against control. Maybe the best. But 6 mana for a removal spell is laughably bad. Polymorph is 4, Hex is 3 and they accomplish nearly the same thing for much less in the aggro matchups.

I understand people feel frustrated by it, but 9/10 times the card is dead weight and even if they use it against a worthwhile card they most likely won't get to play it back on you. Is the dislike just based around the salt factor? Why aren't people equally mad when stuff gets sheeped or hexed or SW:D'd?

Dahbomb

Entomb is a godlike removal.

Rogue has Assassinate at 5 mana and Warlock has Siphon Soul at 6. Neither of these cards negate a Deathrattle which is where Entomb shines. Card would be worth it if all it did was remove a card from the game but adding it to your deck means you have such an advantage in the control match up.

Entomb is a card for big stuff not little stuff. No crap it doesn't do much against aggro, neither does Shadow Word Death.

If Entomb was as overrated as Kibler is saying it was, then it wouldn't be a staple in every Priest deck. People are legit scared to play big stuff against Priest until all of the Entombs are gone. This is probably one of the worst meta for Entomb and STILL people run Entomb because it's just that good.

Godlike seems to be pushing it pretty hard imo. It's a good removal tool in certain match ups, great in a couple, and very weak in everything else. I don't think it being present in priest decks atm is worth much.

I think the reason people hate it has very little to do with its power level.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is there a Hearthstone-GAF chat going on Twitch right now? The room I'm in seems pretty empty.

JesseZao

If Entomb is overrated, yall that saying it not gonna mind it if blizz reprint it for pally or lock right
gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Well Entomb is a better Recycle, so the next class to get it will probably steal the card into their hand. Then the fourth time around, it'll be a 6 mana mind control for it's final form.

the issue is that entomb at 6 means it's most likely you're whole turn. Like most priest cards, wish you have it in certain situations, dead in others. Still not a great card when you gotta deal w/ their other minions on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom