• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else could it possibly be then?

There could be a lot of reasons people don't like a card. It is best summed up as "unfun". People hated mind control and that card got nerfed despite the fact that priest was very weak at the time. It was changed because of the way people felt about the card rather than how good the card is. I know I despised mind control, even though I beat priest most of the time at that time in the game.

example: Syvlvanas is such a strong card that people get pissy when your opponent gets to play 2 ;)

You didn't include the fact that it's happening in 5 minutes

edit:
or you did :) It's just not conspicuous

KuroNeeko

Entomb is a godlike removal.

Rogue has Assassinate at 5 mana and Warlock has Siphon Soul at 6. Neither of these cards negate a Deathrattle which is where Entomb shines. Card would be worth it if all it did was remove a card from the game but adding it to your deck means you have such an advantage in the control match up.

Entomb is a card for big stuff not little stuff. No crap it doesn't do much against aggro, neither does Shadow Word Death.

If Entomb was as overrated as Kibler is saying it was, then it wouldn't be a staple in every Priest deck. People are legit scared to play big stuff against Priest until all of the Entombs are gone. This is probably one of the worst meta for Entomb and STILL people run Entomb because it's just that good.

People run Entomb because there isn't much else to play, especially with Sylvanas Gone Wild.

squidyj

7 mana is kind of high but it acts as both removal and board presence so its probably going to work out pretty goddamn well. lots of important targets have 5 health too. mage card seems strong

druid card seems strong too.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
turn 1 play the 2/2

turn 2 mark of y'shaarj, now you have a 4/4 on board and get to draw a card

Dahbomb

i mean it trades evenly with a 3/2 thats on the board already, and its a little slow
It trades evenly or favorably with every 2 drop in the game, EVEN Totem Golem and Millhouse.

Not to mention that every part of that card is a Beast and it takes both hits of the War Axe to clear.

Even if it may not see play, I hate card designs like these.

Crosseyes

Banned
So Druid's are going to have the new 2/2 and mark of Y'shaarj in their opening hand in like 90% of games now right?

Turn 1:

Innervate -> 2/2 -> 4/4 draw a card

Nice fiery war axe you got there. You can coin it out if you want. Be my guest.

Sheroking

I feel the Curator has a ton of potential. Wonder if it will see play, or be another Sense Demons.

I feel like it's biggest potential is if you have one specific card you want to pull. Like, using it in a combo deck to get Malygos in your hand or something.

The fact that it has taunt maybe escapes the "expensive card that does nothing the turn it's played" problem Hearthstone has. Honestly, they might as well give every over-costed card with an effect like that taunt.

Pooya

The Curator is going to be so good in druid. You already play azure drakes, I don't mind playing finely or bliefin in a token deck and a beast? sure. Seemsgood.

1 mana 2/2 beast? SURE Druid is going back on top guys.

Blizzard never cease to disappoint with shitty rogue cards.

Dahbomb

Is that confirmed? I was about to point out the site implies there is more than 1 portal card.
I think they said there are other class Portal cards similar to how we had Forbidden cards in Old Gods.

Mage Forbidden card in Old Gods did direct damage like most Mage spells... Warlock card summoned 1/1s. Add 2 and 2 together....

Sheroking

I'm going to enjoy the Mage portal in arena.

Since it's common, is basically like a Fire Elemental or North Sea Kraken - except probably better on average.

Warlock Portal:

Summon 5 1/1s, summon a random 5 drop minion.

God damn if that's what Warlock is getting...

No thanks to Super Imp-losion.

KuroNeeko

The Curator is going to be so good in druid. You already play azure drakes, I don't mind playing finely or bliefin in a token deck and a beast? sure. Seemsgood.

1 mana 2/2 beast? SURE Druid is going back on top guys.

Blizzard never ceases to disappoint with shitty rogue cards.

Playing it with Warrior gives you Azure Drake / Alexstraza and a 3/4 Monkey. Paladin gives you Azure Drake / Ysera and a Murloc Knight?

Well here are my initial thoughts.

Enchanted Raven - Seems really good to me. I have to imagine most Druid decks will play it. Turn 1 Enchanted Raven into turn 2 Mark of Y'Shaarj could be game winning in a lot of instances.

Kindly Grandmother - Insane card, probably goes in every Hunter deck I'd imagine. Makes it even more insane that your opponent has to commit to killing it or risking it being buffed by Houndmaster.

Barnes - Not really sure how to evaluate this card. Most likely the 1/1 will be inconsequential but it's 4/5 stats spread across two bodies with the 1/1 potentially having a strong effect. This is the wild card of what was shown so far.

Ethereal Peddler - I think people might be underestimating this card. Undercity Huckster is already a card that sees a decent amount of play and Burgle isn't all that bad either. 2 mana cost reduction is no joke and the stats for the cost are good. This card has insane potential, especially looking forward to future sets where Rogue will likely get more cards that behave like Huckster and Burgle.

Ivory Knight - Meh. Paladin already has a lot of good healing options and the stats are really bad. I think you'd probably even opt for Guardian of Kings over this.

Firelands Portal - Seems really good. It's essentially 5 damage for 2 mana when you factor in the cost of the minion which is nuts. I'm just not sure if 7 mana is too cost prohibitive.

The Curator - Awkward but could be strong? Hard to say. My first thought is some kind of Beast/Dragon Hunter hybrid since Dragon Hunter has been experimented with in the past. Is it worth building just for one card though? Probably not, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom