• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Has there been any rhyme or reason to the reveals so far relating to what we actually get in each wing? Can't remember how these reveals went before.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Also Kripp's other video featured Nirolak at rank 12 with Aggro Shaman against his god awful Boogeymonster Warrior deck... LMAO!
Did Kripp just play against our Nirolak in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xceS6Naf6zU

First game, shaman
*flex*

Can't even beat me with the new Dr. Boom in his deck. >_>

Edit: Aww, after I finished that match I tuned in to see if it was him, and he cut out the part where he said "That was one of the most depressing games of Hearthstone I've ever played."

Dahbomb

Astral Communion deck is legit playable even right now. Was messing around with it yesterday.

2x Raven Idols: Increase chances of getting Wild Growths, Innervate or Astral Communion in opening hand.

2x Growth: You can do turn 2 Growth then next turn Astral.

2x Mire Keeper: The deck's plan B is to be a heavy ramp deck so this fits in well.

2x Nourish: For plan B ramp and draw when you need it.

Probably 2x Wrath too for the cycle and early game hold off.

Rest of the deck is all massive taunts and big drops. I even got in Master Jousters, Kraken and Ice Howls. I didn't have Yshharj or Soggoth though, those would complete it.

Old Gods gave this deck a lot of big taunts to hold off the aggression after a Communion. Before you would get off an early Communion but still would lose because you didn't have enough big taunts. Now you have Bog Creepers, Master Jousters, Dark Arrokoas and Soggoth with Yshaarj pulling another big drop.

I went to rank 4 last night with it until Blizzard MM kicked in and put me against 4 Rogues in a row LMAO. I managed to win one of them though.

Levi

Banned
What fucking streamer played Nzoth C'thun priest recently? Cause I'm facing my second one today. Entomb just destroys me. All the priest has to do is save entomb for C'thun and Sylvanas and he wins.

I've been playing for seven hours and I'm two stars up from where I started. I want to kill myself right now.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I just want to point out that Romulo and Julianne are some of the cards shown in the trailer, and that Julianne is a 7 mana 2/4?

WC3Z9dC.jpg

Levi

Banned
I just want to point out that Romulo and Julianne are some of the cards shown in the trailer, and that Julianne is a 7 mana 2/4?

I'm sure there is some kind of degenerate synergy if they are played together.

Like, if one dies but not the other it gets resurrected.

Hopefully they aren't collectible. I'm really down on these new cards right now, and I can't imagine any text on those that would appeal to me.

Levi

Banned
So, maybe C'thun warrior isn't gonna get it done. Maybe I should switch decks, right?

t0pQj4v.jpg

Face a "midrange" Paladin deck that I would fucking stomp with warrior but I can't do shit about with Druid since I don't draw Swipe.

Gotta love this rigged match making; gotta love all these aggro midrange decks all over ladder.

Dahbomb

So, maybe C'thun warrior isn't gonna get it done. Maybe I should switch decks, right?

t0pQj4v.jpg

Face a "midrange" Paladin deck that I would fucking stomp with warrior but I can't do shit about with Druid since I don't draw Swipe.

Gotta love this rigged match making; gotta love all these aggro midrange decks all over ladder.
That's definitely Aggro Paladin though.

Levi

Banned
That's definitely Aggro Paladin though.

That isn't how you define what a deck is. You're playing pretty much the most defensive deck in the game. Midrange is always going to play like it's aggro against a deck like that. That's how they win.

Midrange basically plays like control against faster decks and like aggro against control decks... generally speaking.

Faceless summoner... got me hoot hoot owl twice today. And I've only played it like 6 times. But then in the same game, my second faceless summoner got me mukla... so kinda redeemed. And for some dumb reason the druid didn't use hero power to remove the owl cause he wanted to combo out more with VT. I ended up winning that game.

Dahbomb

I know Blizzard will probably never buff/improve a card again...

But god damn they really need to rework Savagery. I always face palm when I get that card off of some random effect.

fertygo

I'm sure there is some kind of degenerate synergy if they are played together.

Like, if one dies but not the other it gets resurrected.

Hopefully they aren't collectible. I'm really down on these new cards right now, and I can't imagine any text on those that would appeal to me.

Monroe also on that tease too, so with him and raven confirmed as collectiible

romero and julliane is pretty much confirmed as collectible

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

WC3Z9dC.jpg

Yeah, I'm wondering if those are going to be collectable, or just adventure only cards. It would be a bit interesting for one of the wings to actually give 3 Legendary Cards.

Zoggy

That isn't how you define what a deck is. You're playing pretty much the most defensive deck in the game. Midrange is always going to play like it's aggro against a deck like that. That's how they win.

Midrange basically plays like control against faster decks and like aggro against control decks... generally speaking.
What are you saying?

I really think you need to step away from this game for a while dude. It's always making you angry and irrational and it seems like you're losing your mind.

This is not good for your mental health.

Just take a week off or something man

fertygo

Levi's post serve purpose to made you learn tilting just made you lose more, thanks Levi
Anyone else suck at recognizing Reno decks?

Made it to rank 12 this season

Going to shoot higher next one

how its hard?

if the warlock play nothing at first 2 turn, its reno

if mage play some weird shit, its reno

easy
especially if you use deck tracker

Dahbomb

The whole Midrange archetype is a bad descriptor anyway.

These decks are aggro/tempo as long as we can classify pure face decks as burn decks. But people don't want to classify their decks as aggro because of stigma so they will call it ANYTHING else.

"Guys it's not Aggro Pally... it's Midrange Tempo Divine Shield Buff Paladin"

This deck isn't bad. Made this today. 6-1 at rank 3-4.

dzzfUTE.png

But I still can't see myself running a 7 cost removal/minion hybrid card. Maybe in a control deck. Seems strongest there because you're going to be able to 2:1 against a 5-6 cost minion and you can still go face with it.

Cabalist's tome is included merely due to the high amount of warriors atm. It's been okay. Could probably adjust some of the cards.

I was quoting what I was told when I called a very aggressive shaman as "aggro". TIL aggro doesn't exist, because if they trade even once they are midrange.

Even aggro trades...

Midrange in hearthstone is not going to trade if you don't put out sufficient threats or situationally they feel confident you can't punish them for not trading. If you have the initiative... you're just less likely to trade in this game. As control, if you have initiative, you probably trade because immediate face damage may not matter in the long run. You play for value more often than not. But as midrange, if you have initiative, you need to close out the game before the control deck can start hitting their bombs on you. You trade to reduce the impact of removal, of course, but not because you're following some rule that midrange trades and aggro goes face.

If you know your role in a match up, that sorta guides what you should play around and what you shouldn't. If you're the aggressor, you can't play around every AOE all the time. It's sometimes the right move to go face, even as midrange.

Keasar

Things to never ever do again: Play ranked the first week after a reset.

Better to wait for all the former high ranked players with their OP decks to sort themselves back up where they belong and not make shit miserable for yourself.

ZealousD

With adventures naturally having much fewer cards, it pains me when crap like Monroe is unveiled

At least it's interesting. If they printed filler crap like Faceless Behemoth or Duskboar then I'd probably complain.

Levi

Banned
Don't worry guys, there's no way warrior gets a playable card. And when the next standard year rolls around, all their good cards are getting nerfed to oblivion. You thought Priest tier was bad, just wait until Blizzard gets done curb-stomping warrior to death.

Don't worry guys, there's no way warrior gets a playable card. And when the next standard year rolls around, all their good cards are getting nerfed to oblivion. You thought Priest tier was bad, just wait until Blizzard gets done curb-stomping warrior to death.

Warrior is fine, Blizzard needs to help other classes have more viable decks (or in some cases a single viable deck)

fertygo

I wonder if they can ever made warrior weak

At this point warrior gimmick.. ping and enrage is proven very strong for fundamental in game

If you can ping at will your miniom get stronger, you trade up more often than not.. you always good.

Levi

Banned
Warrior is fine, Blizzard needs to help other classes have more viable decks (or in some cases a single viable deck)

Warrior is my favorite class, but I can recognize the signs when I seen them.

Reddit circle jerked about how unfair patron was; patron was killed.

Reddit circle jerked about how unfair combo druid was; combo druid was killed.

Now Reddit is circle jerking about how unfair Fiery War Axe and Execute are; warrior is going to get Warsong Commandered. Warrior won't even be able to get from rank 25 to rank 24 when Blizzard is done raking them over the coals.

Meanwhile they'll keep printing very aggressive cards for "midrange" decks to point directly at each other's faces.

Warrior is my favorite class, but I can recognize the signs when I seen them.

Reddit circle jerked about how unfair patron was; patron was killed.

Reddit circle jerked about how unfair combo druid was; combo druid was killed.

Now Reddit is circle jerking about how unfair Fiery War Axe and Execute are; warrior is going to get Warsong Commandered. Warrior won't even be able to get from rank 25 to rank 24 when Blizzard is done raking them over the coals.

Meanwhile they'll keep printing very aggressive cards for "midrange" decks to point directly at each other's faces.

There are a few things that have remained true for 90+% of hearthstone history.

Warrior is good. Almost has always been somewhere between good and great.

Warrior gets great cards every expansion. If they don't this upcoming one, that'll be a first.

They also get great neutral cards, but sometimes they don't matter because of the density of great warrior class cards available. They can run every single archetype. Aggro, yes. Midrange, yes. Control, yes. Combo, yes. Fatigue, yes.

I don't think warrior has the right to complain if they have a card nerfed. 2 mana execute? Big deal.

I think they might not even do anything until a month after kara release anyway.

btw, I've been in your position. I mostly play rogue. If there was a nerf to a neutral card in the game, it had a big impact on rogue almost every single time. Dark iron dwarf. Defender of argus. Auctioneer. Leeroy jenkins... this is before even getting to blade flurry.

ZealousD

If Mage was on top you'd have people complain about Fireball or Frostbolt.

If Druid was on top you'd have people complain about Innervate and Wild Growth.

If Rogue was on top you'd have people complain about Backstab, Sap, and Eviscerate.

If Paladin was on top you'd have people complain about Equality and Truesilver Champion.

If Hunter was on top you'd have people complain about Kill Command and Houndmaster.

If Warlock was on top you'd have people complain about Power Overwhelming and their 1 drops.

If Priest was on top you'd have people complain about Power Word: Shield and Shadow Word: Death.

Every single class has some OP cards from the basic and classic sets that are just an essential part of their kit and will always see play. To point the finger at cards like Fiery War Axe is to ignore the previous whole history of the game where that card was basically needed to make warriors viable, And at some points the meta wasn't even kind to the card. Right now you have cards like Tunnel Trogg that make the meta very kind to Fiery War Axe and that's why it's so powerful. If Blizzard went back to the days where 2/1 was the typical 1 drop instead of a 1/3, Fiery War Axe would be a lot less of a problem.

greepoman

What fucking streamer played Nzoth C'thun priest recently? Cause I'm facing my second one today. Entomb just destroys me. All the priest has to do is save entomb for C'thun and Sylvanas and he wins.

I've been playing for seven hours and I'm two stars up from where I started. I want to kill myself right now.

How much experience with control warr vs priest do you have? Not a ton of experience with cthun, but I have played tons of control warr vs priest in the past and the general method is you reroll for justicar and play nothing and don't draw at all. Don't kill their 1/3. Your goal is to get them to 10 cards and make them have to use their conditional cards undesirably while you just respond to their threats. So only play your weaker minions or to make space in your hand. You basically win through fatigue or monkey if you're playing it.

Might be a little more rough with cthun variant but I've had decent win rate vs priest using this method with control warr. A lot of priests don't play it right though so if you get a priest who knows what you're doing it makes it harder.

And when they play their sylvannas if you can give them an acolyte it helps a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom