• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it could have been worse for my first season.

x0S02Qt.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
golden Wisp of OG

Fuck this, I do want build yogg druid but this card suck

400 dust

Having tried the version with and without Wisp of the Old Gods, I think I prefer the one with. Even as a 7/7 worth of 1/1s it's usually pretty good in that deck simply because they've already probably used their AOE, and if they haven't then you probably have a big enough board to do the +2/+2.

Even good against aggro since you can often lethal them if they don't kill you or the 1/1s that turn, and they can soak up a lot of damage getting attacked one at a time, often still leaving a few that you can buff and retake the board with.

Damn, I saw 5 minutes to go... went to read a few things... look at time again and it's half an hour later.

Code:
[IMG]https://images-2.discordapp.net/.eJwNzEsOgyAQANC7sBdmUPl4Avc9ACE4ARMFA9NV07u37wDvI979EpsozM_YlDrOkVo_5ODWYyaZW8sXxeccMrVbReaYyk2Vh0ILRrsVZ-u8B-0WrzT41aJFY9DNzi6rUTvFzuXfVQqv1InqKI0DuAlwQhNgllpLDfKpWXx_PeEssg.g8lW_F1ubILc9_EdylS9Cb-qWXU.png[/IMG]

Looks like the shaman drops continue. Also, I already have 2 beneath the grounds. I never thought it would be a good card but I crafted it anyway. What a waste.

fertygo

Having tried the version with and without Wisp of the Old Gods, I think I prefer the one with. Even as a 7/7 worth of 1/1s it's usually pretty good in that deck simply because they've already probably used their AOE, and if they haven't then you probably have a big enough board to do the +2/+2.

Even good against aggro since you can often lethal them if they don't kill you or the 1/1s that turn, and they can soak up a lot of damage getting attacked one at a time, often still leaving a few that you can buff and retake the board with.

Yeah, nah.. with bunch of warrior out there, soul of forest look better

KuroNeeko

so if you both have challenge a friend quest, whoever initiates the challenge get their quest done. You have to play twice.

sorry I had only my tryhard decks right now, my concede decks are on the other account.

That Yogg was pretty amazing. Renogg Hatson didn't stand a chance. ; . ;

Pooya

That Yogg was pretty amazing. Renogg Hatson didn't stand a chance. ; . ;

A few days ago against this cthun warrior, he was just going face for obvious gorehowl lethal. I didn't have time to win through that armor, I didn't attack and yogg first, instead of clearing the board it buffed the hell out of it and gave me ice barrier, I won next turn after he played gorehowl. I like to see how he felt there, lol. My yoggs are usually damn good, you have to believe.

Pooya

im more impresed that less than 30% of ppl reach rank 15 in HS. And blizz thinks ladder is fine

I don't think you can change that or it's a problem. The game has millions of players, most people don't play much at all or feel like to be competitive, they just mess around with dumb decks and that's actually where most of the money comes from, why you think they print all these Timmy cards every set? Not everyone cares to climb. 30 percent of HS player base is still a lot.

squidyj

im more impresed that less than 30% of ppl reach rank 15 in HS. And blizz thinks ladder is fine

they need to stratify players by time played within a season and across seasons, you could rate performance among a more accurate sampling of a peer group and generate data that is more useable.

I feel like making it to 15 isnt that hard of a task unless you're a new player and don't have many cards. You still see a lot of home created decks at 15 as well so you're still in a range where card quality isnt the biggest issue compared to understanding at least some of the game/matchups

Pooya

I'm not dusting my golden renounce darkness, it's infinite golden card AND hero power value. didn't think of that.

Also consider there are many who don't care about ranked except to unlock the card back. Then there are people who focus on casual and don't care about ranking up. Some may only play arena and/or brawl.

Also, gold beneath the grounds is bad because you're add gold cards to their deck! Rogue shafted again.

I feel like making it to 15 isnt that hard of a task unless you're a new player and don't have many cards. You still see a lot of home created decks at 15 as well so you're still in a range where card quality isnt the biggest issue compared to understanding at least some of the game/matchups
I plopped down Dragon Warrior a week ago, and went from 18 to 10 in an evening. So I agree that 15 feels really basic. I wonder how casual a lot of the playerbase is if they don't even get that far.

squidyj

I plopped down Dragon Warrior a week ago, and went from 18 to 10 in an evening. So I agree that 15 feels really basic. I wonder how casual a lot of the playerbase is if they don't even get that far.

i went 3 seasons only playing one or two games in that season. I was probably counted as part of that 30%

vall03

Forgive me, I guess I'm one of those people who is doing the bare minimum of reaching Rank 20 just to get the monthly card back. Personally don't see any reason to go any further when I can already get value from it even if I have good meta decks that can probably reach high ranks if I wanted to.

squidyj

theyre just going to fly ben brode all over the place to do this?

He's just up there talking about the food he's eaten.

bjaelke

qeCh1YE.png

Protect the King (spell)
For each enemy minion, summon a 1/1 with taunt

9XmCpQm.png

Prince Malchezaar
At the start of the game(!) shuffle 5 random legendaries into your deck (limited to neutral and same class cards - no duplicates)

squidyj

Unleash the bolster. Underwhelming

They say malchezaar obeys deckbuilding rules but does that depend on initial deck or current state?
If I have rag in hand will he put a rag in my deck?
Seems like a good way to avoid getting decked in a control matchup if you can get him to stick.

bjaelke

Unleash the bolster. Underwhelming

They say malchezaar obeys deckbuilding rules but does that depend on initial deck or current state?
If I have rag in hand will he put a rag in my deck?
Seems like a good way to avoid getting decked in a control matchup if you can get him to stick.

Will need a proper English translation but I assume it only checks the remaining deck similar to Reno Jackson.

ZeroX03

Banned
Warrior getting it's own kind of Hounds huh? That class really has it out for 1 health minions.

I don't know about Prince Malchezaar. It feels like expecting it to live in Constructed is a tough ask, short of giving it stealth or something. In Arena it would be terrifying with those stats and ability.

Pooya

If that doesn't make bolster warrior viable nothing will, that's some stupid combo, lol. hard to say how viable it can be, it just destroys zoo decks.

--

5 5/6 it has the vanilla stats and gives a lot of value... if it lives. It's kinda like Elise but faster, hard to evaluate. Maybe you could play this in rogue since you draw your deck anyways and conceal it, lol. thickening your deck usually isn't good if you're not playing control. Start of your turn makes it not work most of the time but it's not like you're playing poor stats and it's a demon for warlocks. It's interesting. I like to play around with it I'm not sure how good that is, it could replace Elise in control decks in future maybe.

fertygo

Warrior got unleash lmao

Dunno how good its gonna be tho

Prince Looks nice in tempo deck that can draw their deck out

Interested to try it in classic tempo warrior

Exciting couple of card

squidyj

If that doesn't make bolster warrior viable nothing will, that's some stupid combo, lol. hard to say how viable it can be, it just destroys zoo decks.

--

5 5/6 it has the vanilla stats and gives a lot of value... if it lives. It's kinda like Elise but faster, hard to evaluate. Maybe you could play this rogue since you draw your deck anyways, thickening your deck usually isn't good if you're not playing control. Start of your turn makes it not work most of the time but it's not like you're playing poor stats and it's a demon for warlocks. It's interesting.

problem with the bolster combo is you're getting 3/3s unless you double bolster in which case you're hoping for a somewhat specific board state and a 3 card combo.

hounds have charge, giving you the advantage when making trades. allowing your opponent to choose how he trades his board into your 3/3s is not as hot. As warrior you cant even follow it up with a board clear on the other half of the board, everything you have is symmetric.

squidyj

malchezaars only real value is gonna be putting you 5 cards away from fatigue. You can drop him early on in control matchups but since you put the best legendaries in your dock already he's unlikely to add anythng too valuable, then you have rng to contend with. You should expect the cards malchezaar puts in to be worse than the other cards in your deck.\

He wouldnt be a bad get off of firelands portal though =D

Pooya

ah, Malchezaar is obviously made for mill rogue, nice!

edit: and mill druid of course, why not. you can build a spell heavy mill deck with this and Barnes.

bjaelke

Malchezaar is start of the game, not start of the turn. One-of effect. At least that what the card text says. Brode said turn, but that wouldn't really be a new effect/mechanic for Hearthstone.

Pooya

what, so if it's in your deck only you have 35 cards? that's crazy. definitely good for rogue since you always wish you had a bigger deck so that you could play more spells lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom