• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBtoaster

To be honest I'm probably too hard on Moroes. Seems usable in Paladin.

I'm optimistic about Malchezar and his imp. There will be decks they can be used in even if they don't end up good. Unlike cards like Wobbling Runts or Ancient Shade that just don't fit anywhere.

Peléo

Crafting legendaries as a F2P player is a huge grind. My current plan is: Ragnaros > N'Zoth > Yogg > Harrison > Tirion/ Grom/ Fandral

Currently have Dr. Boom, Sylvans, Leeroy, Ysera, Cho Gall, Halleazal, Mistcaller plus the adventure legendaries.

I really want to craft some of the less played legendaries (Confessor Paletress, Mukla, Xaril, Gormok) but with TGT rotating out soon it's not really worth it. I'm even on the fence of crafting N'Zoth and Yogg: I think when I have enough dust for them WotOG will be almost out as well.

I'm optimistic about Malchezar and his imp. There will be decks they can be used in even if they don't end up good. Unlike cards like Wobbling Runts or Ancient Shade that just don't fit anywhere.

You drank the haterade on ethereal peddler though!

I just wanna point out that if he hits 1 card for reduced mana he is putting in work since he is already a 5/6 for 5. I'm not saying he is going to be great or even played, but as for value, I think it's there. Well, I think he is playable. I dunno if the deck will be great or not.

fertygo

Peléo;212405962 said:
Crafting legendaries as a F2P player is a huge grind. My current plan is: Ragnaros > N'Zoth > Yogg > Harrison > Tirion/ Grom/ Fandral

Currently have Dr. Boom, Sylvans, Leeroy, Ysera, Cho Gall, Halleazal, Mistcaller plus the adventure legendaries.

I really want to craft some of the less played legendaries (Confessor Paletress, Mukla, Xaril, Gormok) but with TGT rotating out soon it's not really worth it. I'm even on the fence of crafting N'Zoth and Yogg: I think when I have enough dust for them WotOG will be almost out as well.

don't craft card, craft deck

yeah.. its can be like 6 month grind but its worth it

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
There are a lot of cards in LOE that have not found a use or are just bad.

Tinyfin, Tomb Spider, Gorillabot, Anubisath Sentinel, Fossilized Devilsaur, Ancient Shade, Eerie Statue, Summoning Stone, Wobbling Runts, Djinni of Zephyrs, Naga Sea Witch, Jungle Moonkin, Dart Trap, Animated Armor, Sacred Trial, Pit snake, Rumbling Elemental, Everyfin is Awesome, Curse of Rafaam, Cursed Blade.

That's 20/45 cards.

Of the 16 cards revealed from Karazhan, I would guess only Protect the King, Ethereal Peddler, Pompous Thespian and Moroes are unusable.

Gorillabot outright made the Mech Rogue deck, decks revolving around Summoning Stone saw some tournament play, Naga Sea Witch is used in some ramp druid decks (including all of my ramp druid decks), and Tomb Spider saw some play in non-warlock Reno decks where draw is harder to come by.

I would also call Ivory Knight too close to Guardian of Kings, Zoobot having questionable deck synergies from the currently revealed set, and Babbling Book being outright terrible over a replacement of a consistently good spell.

In anycase, I think the larger critique in comparison to LOE is how impactful those cards are, because even if they are usable, it doesn't necessarily make them impactful. But I suppose it's a little too much to ask for every expansion to be LOE levels of quality.

Nah, Moroes is trash. He has some synergy with Steward of Darkshire and Addled Grizzly, but that's about it. He's a 3 mana version of Hogger but worse since he's way under statted unless you get at least 2 Stewards off of him. He also dies to just about anything, so that's not likely to happen. I don't see him getting played in any token decks over cards like Imp Master or Bilefin Tidehunter. Maybe he would be playable if he summoned 2 1/1s on the turn he's played, but even then he'd still be a weak Muster for Battle.

Playing n'zoth rogue has given me newfound respect for undercity huckster. When you get a good spell, it's made easier to use by prep and cycles with auctioneer all the same. Now extend that concept to any card you get being reduced in cost by ethereal peddler. I think it could be pretty great tbh.

I think the legit criticism is that maybe 2 hucksters isn't enough and you want a burgle or two. And burgle is quite slow for rogue. That may be what holds it back from working out well. On the other hand, I think people haven't considered the fact that huckster curves naturally into unearthed raptor. I actually get a lot of copies off that tbh. It's not unusual at least.

Peléo

don't craft card, craft deck

yeah.. its can be like 6 month grind but its worth it

That's what I normally try to do, but I reached the point where I can build most of the decks but lack the legendaries required to play the best version of them. Patron Warrior with no Grom, Miracle Rogue without Edwin, Tempo Mage without Rag and Yogg.

fertygo

Peléo;212409146 said:
That's what I normally try to do, but I reached the point where I can build most of the decks but lack the legendaries required to play the best version of them. Patron Warrior with no Grom, Miracle Rogue without Edwin, Tempo Mage without Rag and Yogg.

Well.. that deck isn't complete then.

Dahbomb

Tinyfin, Tomb Spider, Gorillabot, Anubisath Sentinel, Fossilized Devilsaur, Ancient Shade, Eerie Statue, Summoning Stone, Wobbling Runts, Djinni of Zephyrs, Naga Sea Witch, Jungle Moonkin, Dart Trap, Animated Armor, Sacred Trial, Pit snake, Rumbling Elemental, Everyfin is Awesome, Curse of Rafaam, Cursed Blade.

That's 20/45 cards.

Of the 16 cards revealed from Karazhan, I would guess only Protect the King, Ethereal Peddler, Pompous Thespian and Moroes are unusable.
So far I think only these are usable in competitive decks (which also means on Ladder):

Kindly Grandmother
Firelands Portal
Malchezaar Imp (mostly because it's still a 1 mana 1/3)
Barnes
Curator
Book Wyrm
Enchanted Raven

Of these Barnes, Kindly Grandmother and Curator are the best ones but they don't compare yet to the best cards in LoE. But we still have 2/3rds of the cards left so still have time.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I feel like Barnes could be the best card in the set right now. Stupidly powerful in a N'Zoth deck and some combo decks might figure out some ridiculous OTKs with it.

I feel like Barnes could be the best card in the set right now. Stupidly powerful in a N'Zoth deck and some combo decks might figure out some ridiculous OTKs with it.

I think it'll work in some OTK decks. It won't work in worgen warrior thank god. You can't exactly enrage a 1/1 minion lol. Maybe for malygos rogue though.

I think it'll be close to insane in n'zoth though. At least there still are less high value deathrattles compared to wild, which is why this card even exists I think. I'd imagine it's going to be insane in wild with getting pilotted shredders, haunted creepers, sludge belchers...

patchday

That's 20/45 cards.

I'm still pretty new and even I know this aint right lol.

* I agree those cards not over-used like Sylvannas but they get some use in fringe decks. some gafs always complain bout stale meta but yet I do see some of these cards get some play

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
It never ceases to be hilarious watching a streamer rope and make the worst decision because he has no time left, or to attack with a minion or "forget" that animations happen causing them to rope out.

Dahbomb

Aside from beta when Priest had the 8 mana Mind Control... has Priest ever been tier 1 for a decent amount of time?

I think they were at their strongest right after TGT when they could utilize Dragon Priest at its maximum power level. Aside from that I can't think of a time where Priest had a dominant deck. By far it has been the weakest class in HS.

Loto

Aside from beta when Priest had the 8 mana Mind Control... has Priest ever been tier 1 for a decent amount of time?

I think they were at their strongest right after TGT when they could utilize Dragon Priest at its maximum power level. Aside from that I can't think of a time where Priest had a dominant deck. By far it has been the weakest class in HS.

Undertaker priest? Pre-nerf

Deathrattle priest was pretty good, that is the only one I can think of. Mind you deathrattle anything was top with undertaker.

I'd expect priest changes to come next expansion. This seems to be pretty low key so far, it wouldn't even beat blackrock mountain in a fight.

Priest was not tier 1 with 8 mana mind control. They were bottom tier, mid at best.

tier 1 in wild I guess, but dont think so. control priest was alright pre standard but you still had to rely on drawing the right cards otherwise you just lost

I think priest has had it's moments. But it's never been a class that is great across the field. Dragon priest and undertaker priest (still not tier 1 imo) were the closest they got I think. It's a shame I guess, but consider that shaman never had the spotlight til recent and people rage anyway... lol.

patchday

remove entomb and then maybe, maybe I'll feel for priest. Even though I run entomb on my priest. priest are crazy annoying to deal with. They sort of enforced this meta we're in cause if you play a big card it would just get removed/mind controlled/entombed.

I see them every month during my climbs up to 15 (well last month I played for a little while til I hit 15). if they sucked so bad then why is the lower ranks filled to the brim with this class? perhaps in top 5% you wont see them but I can confirm all the way to 15 thats all I freaking saw pretty much

maybe this month I'll try to climb in ranked. usually I just see how far I get in one sitting and then I don't usually play it much afterwards

[edit] I vote for Rogue as worst class. And I mean a rogue with no fancy legendaries like van clef

greepoman

I seem to remember a brief period where control priest and control warrior were both strong and everyone complained cause games were too long. It could've been dragon priest but I think that deck is faster than the one I'm remembering.

patchday

would love to try out a Longbow sometime. lost my ranked match against the 1 hunter I played against that used it. Granted, I think I would have lost even if he never used it.

Dahbomb

I looked at some archives and there was ONE TIME where Priest was tier 1.

October 2013. And even when it was at its peak, it actually didn't win a tournament during this time LOL!.

And it's really hard to talk about HS in 2013 when balance changes were so quick and rampant. Like cards were being reworked left and right back then.

Is Gladiator's Longbow worth dusting
I used to use it, and I was a fan. Hunter can't heal itself, so two 5-damage nukes for 7 mana and only one card is pretty good. You can also just go face with it twice for 10 damage.

In this meta, I struggle to find room for it. Call of the Wild is just too stupid not to have two of, and you don't want your curve to be too high. You're already running two 6-drops with Highmane.

So, IMO, it's not dust tier, but it's not a strong pick right now, either.

Dahbomb

Solid Control Hunter card but Control Hunter is still meme worthy.

Control Crusher Shaman on the other hand... isn't too bad these days. Oddly enough it does pretty bad against Aggro/Midrange Shaman due to the Hexes but against other classes that don't have a silence removal... those massive taunts do a lot of work.

It's a shame that Ancestral Spirit doesn't work with N'zoth... you could've made a killer Crusher N'zoth Shaman deck.

Dahbomb

The Bolf tech incoming.

Kripp going for the highest damage possible at 2 billion (because at higher the minion crashes or the game crashes).

Dahbomb

Kripp about to pull a "AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!" moment.

1,677,721,728 final damage at the end. If he doubled one more time the Cho would've died. He had a back up Faceless Manipulator to test the maximum value.

Someone also discovered that the maximum turn the game can go to is turn 90.

And if you turn Stormwind into another hero like Ragnaros/Jaraxxus, upon killing it... it just turns back into Stormwind to the HP value it was at before it was transformed. So that's useless.

Alas, this Tavern Brawl is finally "beaten".

NBtoaster

You drank the haterade on ethereal peddler though!

I just wanna point out that if he hits 1 card for reduced mana he is putting in work since he is already a 5/6 for 5. I'm not saying he is going to be great or even played, but as for value, I think it's there. Well, I think he is playable. I dunno if the deck will be great or not.

I think that card needs not only another way of stealing cards for it to really work, but also another good taunt/heal for control/value Rogue to work. Maybe its good enough to throw in to Nzoth Rogue along with a burgle, we'll see.

Gorillabot outright made the Mech Rogue deck, decks revolving around Summoning Stone saw some tournament play, Naga Sea Witch is used in some ramp druid decks (including all of my ramp druid decks), and Tomb Spider saw some play in non-warlock Reno decks where draw is harder to come by.

I would also call Ivory Knight too close to Guardian of Kings, Zoobot having questionable deck synergies from the currently revealed set, and Babbling Book being outright terrible over a replacement of a consistently good spell.

In anycase, I think the larger critique in comparison to LOE is how impactful those cards are, because even if they are usable, it doesn't necessarily make them impactful. But I suppose it's a little too much to ask for every expansion to be LOE levels of quality.

While I don't recall there ever being a Mech Rogue or competitive Summoning Stone deck, sure many cards found some fringe use. Cards like Protect the King and Ethereal Peddler will see equivalent use to Naga Sea Witch.

Sheroking

Kripp about to pull a "AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND!" moment.

1,677,721,728 final damage at the end. If he doubled one more time the Cho would've died. He had a back up Faceless Manipulator to test the maximum value.

Someone also discovered that the maximum turn the game can go to is turn 90.

Which is weird, because Kripp once had a Fatigue Warrior mirror with a real person go to turn 45 - and it ended immediately in a tie.

Different rules for Brawl?

bjaelke

Blizzard CS EU @BlizzardCSEU_EN

We are currently monitoring a DDOS attack against network providers which is affecting latency/connections to our games.

---

And it looks like Blizzard is still planning something special for Gamescom in 2 weeks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Two new cards.

CpATfOFVYAAYwhk.jpg
CpATMkYUEAAaGqP.jpg

Pooya

Awful artwork for Medivh, why.

I'm not sure this helps priest like they said. Seems like other than in mage it's not all that useful.

Pooya

didn't see the discard guy, now that's like fist. Interesting, I'm not sure with discard RNG the deck will ever be competitive though, you can do some absurd combo wombos though if you're lucky.

3 out of 3. Zero cards for control warlock again, really disappointing.

zoukka

I'm not sure this helps priest like they said. Seems like other than in mage it's not all that useful.

Priest has a lot of expensive spells.

But you are right, Priest never had problems winning the control matchups. This doesn't really help against face decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom