• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Control Warrior has a slightly unfavored match up against Dragon Priest because of the strong curve. Now you can this weapon to trade life to clean up the board.

You fight to contest the board, play this weapon, then clean up the Priest's low-atk, damaged high-health doods on the board and then the Dragon Priest LOSES.

Same against Shaman, you can punch through Feral Spirits or clean up all of his totems (including Mana Tide and Flame Tongue).

I already said it's good against midrange Shaman. I already feel like that match up is in my favor if I'm playing CW, but if I saw MS a lot I might even run this card on purpose.

I rarely see priest. Even if the text read, "if your opponent is a priest, you win the game" I don't think I'd run it for the extra win or two every week.

KuroNeeko

I just want some good playable Priest and Rogue cards!

C'mon, Blizzard! Hook me up, son!

I already said it's good against midrange Shaman. I already feel like that match up is in my favor if I'm playing CW, but if I saw MS a lot I might even run this card on purpose.

I rarely see priest. Even if the text read, "if your opponent is a priest, you win the game" I don't think I'd run it for the extra win or two every week.

Yeah, but it's looking like Blizzard is trying to push Dragons again with the new 1/3 and 3/6. DP is already on the cusp of being decent (probably the strongest Priest archtype right now), so don't be surprised when Randuin rolls up with his Dragon Posse' and starts Entombing your sheet. ; )

KuroNeeko

I bet you Moonglade Portal in gold looks GREAT!

Wish they lowered the costs on crafting gold commons / rares. So many cards I want in gold like Thoughtsteal, Flash Heal, and Entomb.

Renolocks aren't that rare. I'm not exactly sure what they're targetting but they seem to come and go in packs. At times I'll face nothing but reno locks when I face warlocks, then other times nothing but zoo.

Levi

Banned
Yeah, but it's looking like Blizzard is trying to push Dragons again with the new 1/3 and 3/6. DP is already on the cusp of being decent (probably the strongest Priest archtype right now), so don't be surprised when Randuin rolls up with his Dragon Posse' and starts Entombing your sheet. ; )

If priest gets good I'll play Stranglethorn Tiger Hunter. :p

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
What are you smoking? I'm gonna hit Misha twice, huffer once, and Leokk twice? With my face? After already taking God knows how much damage?

Some shitty meme weapon isn't helping the hunter match up at all.

you're going to hit each once because upgrade exists

Pooya

6 drops are mostly really good, pay 6 mana, heal 6 (can be targeted) and a get a 6 drop. that's very playable, constructed even.

Hycran

Banned
6 drops are mostly really good, pay 6 mana, heal 6 (can be targeted) and a get a 6 drop. that's very playable, constructed even.

The proportion of bad 6 drops to good 6 drops is really, really low, both in class cards and in neutrals. I went through and counted the cards that I would not want to see under any circumstances and only came up with:

Void Crusher
Corrupted Seer
Mogor's Champion
The Skeleton Knight
Windfury Harpy

Every other card is at least a 4/4 (which is obviously bad but at least isn't junkbot bad) and many other cards have extremely powerful effects. Even cards that rely on battle cries still end up being 4/6, 5/5, 6/7, etc.

It's questionable given how fast the meta is whether this card would be good enough, but if you could heal a tree, wrath and heal the tree with this, that would be a good day

Pooya

you can get Emperor, Sylvanas, Hogger or even Illidan from it. All of them are insane actually from this card. Illidan will instantly give you a 2/1.
------

If anyone has the 80g quest on EU, I can trade you right now. easy 160g for both.

Pooya

challenge a friend quest, it's tough times man. People won't challenge someone that doesn't have the quest, it has to be mutual :p

Probably is. I mean, maybe. I feel like firelands portal is a higher value card despite the disparity between 5 and 6 drops. 6 health is only equivalent to roughly between 2-3 mana. So I think it depends on how the RNG stats fall with the 6 minion slot tbh. And ultimately is that RNG breakdown is worth including in the deck to get 6 health, rather than just running the minion you want.

It also seems like a great card for yogg, but then I think... yogg already has a ton of RNG and there are so many cheaper synergistic spells to run so maybe not.

I bet streamers are loving that the identity of arena opponents is hidden now.

That's kinda neat.

Pooya

Do both get the rewards? Interesting.

Yes, 80g for each. Now the idea is that if both players have the quest, you can get 160g.

Probably is. I mean, maybe. I feel like firelands portal is a higher value card despite the disparity between 5 and 6 drops. 6 health is only equivalent to roughly between 2-3 mana. So I think it depends on how the RNG stats fall with the 6 minion slot tbh. And ultimately is that RNG breakdown is worth including in the deck to get 6 health, rather than just running the minion you want.

It also seems like a great card for yogg, but then I think... yogg already has a ton of RNG and there are so many cheaper synergistic spells to run so maybe not.

yeah, you probably still won't put this in your deck but it's not a bad idol pick which everyone plays. If Medivh druid becomes a thing maybe you put it in your deck even.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I'm late to the party, as usual but here's my thoughts on the two new cards:

Fool's Bane:
This is a pretty good Warrior weapon. As a common, it is going to help warriors a lot in arena and at 3 atk you can remove a hell of a lot of minions. Pretty much everything 3 mana and down is just dead to this. Pretty awesome arena card.

In constructed the comparison is brawl, and this is better in some cases and worse in others. Even though you will take a ton of face damage, it might be better when you also have 1-2 minions on the field to ensure you get to keep your board. Against huge minions its obviously strictly worse as you can't afford 8 dmg face to remove Ragnaros or w/e. Interesting card, might see play as 1 of, but I can't see it being 2x ever. Brawl may just be better in most cases.

Moonglade Portal:
For 6 mana, the worst minion you can get is Corrupted Seer with 2/3. There are MANY MANY better minions. Lots of Legendaries in there too (Sylvannas, Reno, Cairne, Thaurissian) as well as some generally good minions (Bolderfist Ogre, Auctioneer, Argent Commander, . If you think of it as summon as 6 mana minion and that minion has heal your hero for 6 on it, almost all of the 6 drops would see some play, I think. Imagine if Dark Arakkoa healed for 6 as well as being a 5/7 taunt. Insane value. I think this card see play as 1x in the token deck at minimum since it buffs Yogg as well. Might not be good enough for 2x in all the druid decks, but I'll be putting it in my C'thun druid for sure.

fertygo

Streaking with my Renolock, swapping out situational card like Kodo and Doomsayer with Squire and Abusive Sergeant like Strifecro suggest seem pretty good

I do miss good doomsayer turn tho

patchday

challenge a friend quest, it's tough times man. People won't challenge someone that doesn't have the quest, it has to be mutual :p

wow thats just crazy and surely contrary to what the devs intended. I played my friend and some of my other friends watched us play. We all had fun. He didnt have the quest

its just 80g in a video game lol. share the quest. make a friend. just a game lol

patchday

its like really I cant believe people are so freakin' greedy. 160g. That will probably net you a tiny pinch of dupe cards and dust. come on man. one day you will probably move on with yer life and barely remember this game.

But the friends you make in this game- hopefully you'll stay in touch. invest in people man...

edit- Alright to be fair 160g can get a person into Arena. I'll give them that. So people can make a lot of ingame goods in Arena. but still lol! But anyway I've said my peace :)

Ntn8DTi.jpg
Typical rank 13 zoo

Fun and interactive

KuroNeeko

Koroneeko say something along that line few page ago =p

That's not what I said! ^^;

I said that I had the quest and asked if anyone was up for swapping them. If someone is on my friend's list, I'll gladly invite them to do it regardless of whether or not they have it.

My exact post was,

"Anyone with the Play a Friend! quests want to swap?"

I didn't turn down anyone who offered to help. No need for libel! >.<;

Pooya

wow thats just crazy and surely contrary to what the devs intended. I played my friend and some of my other friends watched us play. We all had fun. He didnt have the quest

its just 80g in a video game lol. share the quest. make a friend. just a game lol

That's so dumb... who does this so we can shame them?

pffff! It's game economy guys, there are places already that people go for trade! get on with the times.

fertygo

That's not what I said! &#65342;&#65342;;

I said that I had the quest and asked if anyone was up for swapping them. If someone is on my friend's list, I'll gladly invite them to do it regardless of whether or not they have it.

My exact post was,

"Anyone with the Play a Friend! quests want to swap?"

I didn't turn down anyone who offered to help. No need for libel! >.<;

look to that quote its discourage friend that not had it =p

fertygo

Kripp telling story about Reckful missed lethal at blizzcon, I hear the story already but I dunno there were no turn timer at tourney back then

the fuck that made the story 10x more hilarious lmao

Dahbomb

Man, people underrate Hunter so much. Easily the second best class in the game right now.
Above Shaman? Hell naw.

The main reason why Warrior is on top with Dragon Warrior is because they have one of the very few ways of dealing with turn 1 Trogg, turn 2 Totem Golem and turn 4 Faceless. Dragon Warrior is the best Shaman "counter" in the game. And I put counter in quotations because we are talking about a 6/4 match up here, that's the best you can hope for in this meta.

And guess what? According to Blizzard, Shaman STILL has a better win percentage than Warrior.

Szadek

The proportion of bad 6 drops to good 6 drops is really, really low, both in class cards and in neutrals. I went through and counted the cards that I would not want to see under any circumstances and only came up with:

Void Crusher
Corrupted Seer
Mogor's Champion
The Skeleton Knight
Windfury Harpy

Every other card is at least a 4/4 (which is obviously bad but at least isn't junkbot bad) and many other cards have extremely powerful effects. Even cards that rely on battle cries still end up being 4/6, 5/5, 6/7, etc.

It's questionable given how fast the meta is whether this card would be good enough, but if you could heal a tree, wrath and heal the tree with this, that would be a good day
The only terrible card is Corrupted Seer, the other ones aren't so bad.
You usually wouldn't play them, but if you get them together with a heal, they aren't that bad.
For instance Skeleton Knight is a 7/4 with an upside and hapry is a yeti with an upisde.
They are certainly better than a 4/4 (or 5/3) without effect on the board.

I have still have Play a Friend quest,too. If someone wants the gold add Szadek#2301 on europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom