• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I wish Cabalist's Tome was rotating out.

Recently had a game where I was starting to build a board against Reno mage, and had put down Thing From Below at a slight discount. Mage tome'd into double ice lance and then dropped thalnos to kill it

I never caught back up

Tagyhag

It's funny how bots have varying degree of RNG.

Poor Priest bot has the worst luck, but Shaman bot will get the exact Totem that he needs every time, and will play a perfect curve even taking Overload into account.

Can someone please give me the scummiest Wild deck available to try and jump to Rank 5 in Wild before the end of the season. I am currently at Rank 9.

Wild Pirate Warrior (with Ship's Cannon) does not seem to work as well as last season. I am matching into constant taunt filled decks.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Can someone please give me the scummiest Wild deck available to try and jump to Rank 5 in Wild before the end of the season. I am currently at Rank 9.

Wild Pirate Warrior (with Ship's Cannon) does not seem to work as well as last season. I am matching into constant taunt filled decks.

Standard dragon priest with velens chosen is pretty good.

Aggro shaman is good.

Egg druid is good.

It's funny how bots have varying degree of RNG.

Poor Priest bot has the worst luck, but Shaman bot will get the exact Totem that he needs every time, and will play a perfect curve even taking Overload into account.

Shaman AI really is the best one. 1 drops and burn spells, always going face. It's the best AI to simulate ladder with.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Egg Druid will do it. Games are quick and if you're gonna lose it happens quick also. Should be able to shred anything that isn't optimized and is pretty easy to play as long as you're aware of the combos in the deck.

Sheroking

I had SEVEN Kazakus potions with Reno Priest vs Reno Mage. SEVEN.

Two from my own Bran/Kazakus combo. Another from a Thoughtsteal. Another from a Courier. I Entombed his Kazakus after he played the 3-4 to shuffle it into his deck again, got it and played it and then I used a Convert that I got from Courier on his next Kazakus. I played it with his Bran that I used Potion of Madness on.

Ridiculous value. He couldn't even begin to keep up.

bluehat9

Opened a pack with Aya so I looked and saw I had a lot of the jade stuff and decided to try out shaman. Flew up to rank 10 for first time ever. Feels a little unfair. Maelstrom, lightning, and feral spirits can really shut down aggro. Then I get to brann-restore 6 health guy and people just concede.

Holy shit, I just feel like I absolutely can't stand up to how aggressive Ranked is right now. Games are generally over by turn 6, and if they aren't it's only because someone delayed with a Reno. I have almost no Gadgetzan cards, so that makes it even harder to compete.

EDIT: FUCK THIS GAME

Holy shit, I just feel like I absolutely can't stand up to how aggressive Ranked is right now. Games are generally over by turn 6, and if they aren't it's only because someone delayed with a Reno. I have almost no Gadgetzan cards, so that makes it even harder to compete.

EDIT: FUCK THIS GAME
Hopefully you took a break.

Way too easy to get tilted in this game.

Lyng

The combo is too slow. And fortunately rogue has conceal to avoid potion of madness.

That's the thing though, there are many little combos that can give you the win, but most players try to go for the big djinni combo, which is why they loose.

You don't even have to steal the opponents minions.

scarlet

6xTi9JJ.png

I love Rogue.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Whelp, last day of the season and I don't think I'm going to bother with ranked until tomorrow. Made it as high as 4, but ended at 5. Played a variety of stuff to get there, but the final run up to 4 was done with an insane winstreak while playing Pirate Warrior from Rank 8 straight to 5. After I got to 5, I played some Shaman (midrange), and more Pirate Warrior and eventually bumbled my way to Rank 4. Not anything amazing (or at least it didn't feel very amazing doing it), but I'm happy.

I hope next month to continue working on my 500 wins with Druid, I'm at 440something so getting pretty close!

Kunohara

Got to my highest rank I've ever gotten, two stars away from rank 3. Also got my third golden hero, Druid. That's Priest, Shaman and now Druid. I never thought I'd get one and yet here I am with 3. I'm at 410 wins with Mage so I've been playing alot of reno mage. Very nice.

Sheroking

You know... for all the Pirate salt, I hate this game the most when miracle Rogue is a thing.

Fuck almost every card in that deck. Sap especially.

peakish

Wow, what classes? How did that play out?
Played Priest, as soon as I saw it come out and didn't have an immediate answer I was pretty sure I was going to lose. On turn 2 it hit me for 1, on turn 3 I got out an Injured Blademaster which was Torched and I got hit for 2. On turn 4 I played a shifting shade which was Bolted, a Counterspell was coined out and I got hit for 5. On turn 5 I played an ooze which got Ice lanced and I was hit for 6. On turn 7 I was hit for 7 before conceding.

Right, I give up on this Season. I forced myself to Rank 8, but not getting higher (even with top tier decks). Thanks to everyone above for the recommendations, but no Rank 5 for me.

I really feel like a lot of the more casual players must have given up on the game this month, asI am playing about 70% Gold Portraits once I pass Rank 12. Someone fix the crap meta, and make it inviting to more casual players please... I want more monthly dust.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Right, I give up on this Season. I forced myself to Rank 8, but not getting higher (even with top tier decks). Thanks to everyone above for the recommendations, but no Rank 5 for me.

I really feel like a lot of the more casual players must have given up on the game this month, asI am playing about 70% Gold Portraits once I pass Rank 12. Someone fix the crap meta, and make it inviting to more casual players please... I want more monthly dust.

The ladder grind is terrible. I don't even care anymore. Getting the little extra dust for the golden epic isn't worth the rage. I played ranked for the portrait rewards and the monthly cardback and that's about it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The ladder grind is terrible. I don't even care anymore. Getting the little extra dust for the golden epic isn't worth the rage. I played ranked for the portrait rewards and the monthly cardback and that's about it.

This is a good opinion. Grinding to 5 isn't worth it most of the time for me. Especially since I generally have the cards I want and don't feel the need to craft more (even though I WANT to try that Kun/Aviana deck, I know it's bad). The hassle isn't worth it when I know my free time is gonna get sucked up into Mobile Fire Emblem soon.

For kicks, I just started playing Wild Pirate Warrior (again), and I refuse to do an kind of trading, and will hit face ALWAYS (unless there is a Taunt). I am currently 3-0. Maybe I was thinking too much with other decks.

I think the EU ladder resets in either 1 or 2 hours (not sure if is 11PM GMT or 12PM). Let's see how far I get with total mindless play.

edit - 4-0. No one is playing around 6 damage (12 health) mortal strikes. Why?

edit 2 - 5-0

giphy.gif

edit 3 - 6-1 (Priest with Reno and Justicar)

edit 4 - 8 -1

edit 5 - 10 -1 (Dumb aggressive play like this should not be rewarded :()

wiibomb

lol took out my Discolock list and am on a massive winning streak b/c everyone thinks i'm a renolock.

something similar happened to me.. I pulled an old Dragon Warrior list I had and it gave me a nice winning streak because everyone wasted resources on the early game thinking I was a pirate warrior.

The key is to not play a card that gives away what the deck really is

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
maaaaan this game can be tough on newcomers

Took a bit to get to 20 but i finally made it (massive losing streak due to some horrible synergy with basic cards)

Got super lucky in a pack draw and have a decent deck to work with

Now i have to try to pull a couple dreadsteeds from wherever and that one card that puts legendary cards in my deck and I'll be able to suffer my way to 10-15 rank with a pure summon portal deck

Since people in this rank range don't seem to value silence I want to use it against them

Hycran

Banned
Managed to hit rank 5 in the last two days solely by adding one card to my super standard jade Druid: savage roar. It automatically gives you a win condition that is reasonable to fulfill and it has the bonus of not being expected. It also combos with the 3 mama 4 attack card so all the sudden you go from 9 damage across three minions to 21 on turn 6. Absolutely buries most match ups minus jade and pirate but even those I found pretty reasonable. Highly recommended deck

Blizzard

Banned
Managed to hit rank 5 in the last two days solely by adding one card to my super standard jade Druid: savage roar. It automatically gives you a win condition that is reasonable to fulfill and it has the bonus of not being expected. It also combos with the 3 mama 4 attack card so all the sudden you go from 9 damage across three minions to 21 on turn 6. Absolutely buries most match ups minus jade and pirate but even those I found pretty reasonable. Highly recommended deck
What deck do you use? I used to play savage roar but switched it out for a more standard deck (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/706870-budget-jade-druid plus druid of the claw).

On another note, I can't remember the last time I had Mage show up as an option in Arena. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom