• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

I swore an oath that I wouldnt play maly decks.

There are too many decks out there with their own game plan for me to avoid a particular deck. I have to stay at 30 health and keep the board clear against half the meta right now or fear getting burst down in 2 turns. Reno mage trying to burst you down with Solia/Antonidas, Reno Lock with combo, Miracle rogue, OTK priest and Maly Druid even popping up today.

I think it is only fair they have to play around me getting a good Yogg or a Maly burst on them.

squidyj

There are too many decks out there with their own game plan for me to avoid a particular deck. I have to stay at 30 health and keep the board clear against half the meta right now or fear getting burst down in 2 turns. Reno mage trying to burst you down with Solia/Antonidas, Reno Lock with combo, Miracle rogue, OTK priest and Maly Druid even popping up today.

I think it is only fair they have to play around me getting a good Yogg or a Maly burst on them.

Im not trying to tell you what to do. I just don't like maly decks. Much rather be playing jade nzoth or just nzoth. Which is what I do. It wins a lot, unless I misplay. Just wish there wasnt so much grinding involved in getting to a place where I can actually learn to play.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
How do you pronounce Hearthstone correctly?

Like heart, hurt (Kripp), heard, or how?

the first one

if in doubt, you can tell because the innkeeper or whoever says something about there being room by the hearth when you start the game

bjaelke

30 arena runs is a lot when you can't sit in front of your computer all day. Not sure I'm going to make the cut before Tuesday.

squidyj

wickerflame redemption
redemption getaway kodo
wickerflame

against aggro shaman =D

Edit: ugh, fuck this, i'm not playing any more hearthstone for the next few days, gonna wait until february.
I see as many fucking yshaarj shaman as I do aggro.

manhack

I have such mixed feelings about Jade Druid. It is only about 10-12% of the meta but it absolutely stomps all over slower control decks. This means that at least 1/10 matches with my current deck, control shaman, is an auto loss.

I can see the appeal of the deck too. I spent a good portion of the Mean Streets release week playing the deck. Some people say it is boring, but even though it is easy to pilot there are a lot of decisions. Each turn can go on forever if you draw well. Raven idol also adds some interesting RNG. When it gets a good draw it is extremely powerful and can even beat aggro decks if built right.

Every time I play against it I want to hate it, but I remember how fun it was to play. It will probably never have a chance to dominate the meta since people favor playing faster decks.

scarlet

I never played druid

0mqQbIJ.png

Blizzard

Banned
I have such mixed feelings about Jade Druid. It is only about 10-12% of the meta but it absolutely stomps all over slower control decks. This means that at least 1/10 matches with my current deck, control shaman, is an auto loss.

I can see the appeal of the deck too. I spent a good portion of the Mean Streets release week playing the deck. Some people say it is boring, but even though it is easy to pilot there are a lot of decisions. Each turn can go on forever if you draw well. Raven idol also adds some interesting RNG. When it gets a good draw it is extremely powerful and can even beat aggro decks if built right.

Every time I play against it I want to hate it, but I remember how fun it was to play. It will probably never have a chance to dominate the meta since people favor playing faster decks.
I have trouble even beating control decks because they usually have 6-9 HP minions. I usually don't get the right cards to ramp golems or deck cycle fast enough before I get hit with 5+ legendaries.

I don't own Raven Idol or the deer legendary card though.

Mulgrok

jade deathrattle rogue gets terrible draws and goes 0-4, then finally gets ok draws and goes 4-0. RNGsus giveth and RNGsus taketh away.

squidyj

I don't have that much trouble playing a n'zoth deck.

I have trouble even beating control decks because they usually have 6-9 HP minions. I usually don't get the right cards to ramp golems or deck cycle fast enough before I get hit with 5+ legendaries.

I don't own Raven Idol or the deer legendary card though.

the deer? aya? fandral?

Blizzard

Banned
I don't have that much trouble playing a n'zoth deck.

the deer? aya? fandral?
Fandral, sorry. The deck I'm using is supposed to be complete besides the addition of Fandral and maybe Raven Idol (which is rotating anyway).

I probably need to learn mulligans better, though.

Blizzard

Banned
I truly dislike playing against Priest more than almost any other class due to RNG. Besides, I suppose, Shaman.

Instead of Drakonic Operative, a priest just pulled Nefarian against me from a historian.

Fandral, sorry. The deck I'm using is supposed to be complete besides the addition of Fandral and maybe Raven Idol (which is rotating anyway).

I probably need to learn mulligans better, though.

Fendral and Raven Idol add a lot of value, though. I'd estimate you have 10 percentage points lower win rate without them.

It's always hilarious watching these people go super tryhard with their cookie cutter netdecks in casual against my quest decks.

Anyway, Crystalweaver and Kabal Trafficker are super cool cards. I wonder if we'l ever get to a point where they're viable.

manhack

How would you know?

Constant hovering over their hero portrait.

I tried to go without muting for awhile, but it seems to have gotten worse over the last few months or something. I think part of it is my golden hero portrait. When I ran the legend cardback it was constant.

fertygo

Flametongue need fixing if they really want shaman dominating less

as it is its basically 2 mana Korkron elite with infinite upside, its fucking ridiculous with shaman can easily create multiple bodies.

Blizzard

Banned
Do paladins get more spell options in arena than other classes? I just faced one who had something on the order of 8-10 spells. It was absolutely mindblowing how often key removal or buffing was available.

squidyj

Flametongue need fixing if they really want shaman dominating less

as it is its basically 2 mana Korkron elite with infinite upside, its fucking ridiculous with shaman can easily create multiple bodies.

If flametongue is so broken that shaman can't be fine with it in its current state how come shaman was dumpster for a long time?

scarlet

I won a priest mirror match in arena using my opponent's cards lol.

Got gnomish inventor and DO from thoughtsteal. Used GI to draw my hungry dragon, then got kraken from DO and lethal next turn.

wiibomb

It's always hilarious watching these people go super tryhard with their cookie cutter netdecks in casual against my quest decks.

Anyway, Crystalweaver and Kabal Trafficker are super cool cards. I wonder if we'l ever get to a point where they're viable.

As I was playing those 2 card in a discardlock last week I realized people don't expect those cards, or the bloodfury potion. It is quite something seeing a imp gang boss at 9 attack with taunt and an opponent who doesn't really know what to do with it.

The traficker game me 2 times a jaraxxus

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Druid is never boring to play.

they so flashy

I miss top dog druid meta.
No.

I've been playin' Kibler's Evolve shaman and it's pretty damn fun!
And the best thing is that you dont feel all dirty like when playing Aggro Shaman.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
No.

I've been playin' Kibler's Evolve shaman and it's pretty damn fun!
And the best thing is that you dont feel all dirty like when playing Aggro Shaman.

I play a variant of this. Built the deck myself before I knew Kibler was running it.

Lyng

I have to say I am impressed at the amount of decks that are viable on wild ladder right now.
Currently playing Chillingos maly shaman and having lots of fun.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I have to say I am impressed at the amount of decks that are viable on wild ladder right now.
Currently playing Chillingos maly shaman and having lots of fun.

Been saying this for a long time, but Wild is a very fun format for laddering. The smaller pool of players seems much more willing to experiment at lower ranks. By the time you start climbing toward legend, expect to see mostly broken-ass stuff, however. Your secret pallys, pirate warriors, pirate shamans, etc. The lower ranks of Wild, though are just full of people trying out weird stuff which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It is very refreshing in my experience compared to standard.

wiibomb

I played an amazing reno mage play just now, pulled 4 Kazakus potions and they gave me 6 demons on hand, one of them Krul the Unshackled.

One turn I was with a clear board, the other with one full of demons,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom