• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how you mentioned cards that do nothing because I had a hand full of them in this Brawl.

First game, versus Mage, coins out two Mana Wyrms, they have 4-5 damage by turn 2, concede.

Undisputed MVP of Arena right now.

In terms of most played, quite likely. However, I'd say Cabal Talonpriest is in contention as well, if not better than AE. Arena, as always, is such a curvestone mode that a card like CT can allow you to easily snowball and win the game on the spot. And even if you can't hit its battlecry, it has premium stats.

It's close either way. Both have a massive effect on the state of the game.

Blizzard

Banned
I was playing mage and the brawl opponent got a red mana wyrm with thoughtsteal.

I immediately mind controlled it and buffed it to 10 attack with spells in hand before the other player surrendered, lol.

Tagyhag

Bah, I know Brawls are just for fun but some of the RNG that happens is just stupid. I lost to a Priest that I got to 1 HP because literally every free spell after that turn was either extreme crowd control or insane healing.

Hey, so what's a good tool to track winrate and opponents played? Do I have to manually enter in what type of deck they are (control vs. aggro etc?) or is it advanced enough to know?

gutshot

Hey, so what's a good tool to track winrate and opponents played? Do I have to manually enter in what type of deck they are (control vs. aggro etc?) or is it advanced enough to know?

Either Track-O-Bot or Hearthstone Deck Tracker.

Track-O-Bot is lightweight and simple, but has less features; while Deck Tracker has more features but is more resource intensive and requires some setup.

If all you care about are winrates of your decks/classes versus others, Track-O-Bot is prob your best bet.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Trackobot automatically guesses at what your opponent was and contributes to VS stats which helps.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Gaara has an interesting theory that the problem is Kazakus and Jade, not Pirates.

Basically if those two didn't exist at the power levels they have against other control decks, then actual counters to pirate like control warrior could be played.

So instead you almost have to play into the aggro < reno < jade triangle that blizzard set up which is boring. They're pushing certain decks so hard, it's almost impossible to play anything else. Maybe if Kazakus and Jade weren't tri class you could as least play an off-class version of those decks to mix things up and experiment, like what Reno Rogue used to be. Now, any other homebrew deck might be able to counter one of those three decktypes, but they're often left with like a 5% winrate against one of the other archetypes.

Miracle Rogue, Anyfin Paladin, and Dragon Priest are prety much the only decks that can get away with not running Pirates, Aya, or Kazakus, with not that much success, and that's making the game extremely stale. Pirates are not the only problem.

The other problem is Reno isn't a good enough counter to aggro for the aggro < reno < jade triangle to play out, so aggro is allowed to over power the meta. Even Reno Mage isn't a high enough win rate for it to be a true hard counter in this otherwise extremely hard counter meta. I imagine this could be fixed with the patch, so the numbers of Reno and Jade can maybe even out the aggro like intended, but that's still a pretty boring meta to be in.

Dahbomb

Gaara has an interesting theory that the problem is Kazakus and Jade, not Pirates.

Basically if those two didn't exist at the power levels they have against other control decks, then actual counters to pirate like control warrior could be played.

So instead you almost have to play into the aggro < reno < jade triangle that blizzard set up which is boring. They're pushing certain decks so hard, it's almost impossible to play anything else. Maybe if Kazakus and Jade weren't tri class you could as least play an off-class version of those decks to mix things up and experiment, like what Reno Rogue used to be. Now, any other homebrew deck might be able to counter one of those three decktypes, but they're often left with like a 5% winrate against one of the other archetypes.

Miracle Rogue, Anyfin Paladin, and Dragon Priest are prety much the only decks that can get away with not running Pirates, Aya, or Kazakus, with not that much success, and that's making the game extremely stale. Pirates are not the only problem.

The other problem is Reno isn't a good enough counter to aggro for the aggro < reno < jade triangle to play out, so aggro is allowed to over power the meta. Even Reno Mage isn't a high enough win rate for it to be a true hard counter in this otherwise extremely hard counter meta. I imagine this could be fixed with the patch, so the numbers of Reno and Jade can maybe even out the aggro like intended, but that's still a pretty boring meta to be in.
People always come up with these baseless theories but they never hold up.

Control decks are easy to counter, always have been. Aggro decks are harder to counter. Patches is dominant because Patches Pirate combo is devastating.

The triangle has been set up because of Pirates not the other way around.

If Pirates/aggro wasn't dominant then it opens space for midrange decks. Midrange decks can beat both control decks AND Jade decks because they are faster. Midrange suffered against Patches which is why they are almost no where to be seen.

zoukka

I dunno what meta you guys experience but I play control mirrors like half of my matches. (dat OP Reno + Kazakus meta) And I see plenty of midrange shamans *shrug*

I'd be actually happy to face pirate warriors for a change.

Blizzard

Banned
I dunno what meta you guys experience but I play control mirrors like half of my matches. (dat OP Reno + Kazakus meta) And I see plenty of midrange shamans *shrug*

Yeah, I face mostly priests at high ranks. Occasionally other classes. I see tons of legendaries but very rarely Patches.

Flamewanker ruining yet another brawl.
Be like me and don't buy the adventures! I don't own Flamewalker and can't craft it. :(

Beat flamewaker mage on my first try with secret Pally. Wasn't even close had answers to it both times and my opponent already down to 9 by the time he played his first. Divine Favour drew me 6 or 7 cards, easy peasy.

Golden Siphon Soul in my pack a great reward.

Started off on pretty rocky ground today with my Razookeno Priest, but I kept at it and pulled a decent winstreak near the end. ^_^

razookenopriestk4k3b.jpg

Also learning from my (sometimes stupid) mistakes, like making sure I pop a Reno Mage when they're in fatigue instead of literally the turn before. Ugh, that was embarrassing.

fertygo

Pretty sure most popular lineup at this weekend prelims is Face warrior, face shaman, face Rogue (not miracoli) and Tempo Mage

yuck

manhack

The early ranks are always bizarro meta for me. For example 5/10 of my last games were vs. rogues. They all had gadgetzan on curve and fucked me over with coin/conceal shenanigans.

That said my 3 day stats show over 30% of my games were vs. Shamans.

Sheroking

Shaman's are everywhere, but their winrate is like ~50% because a lot of us are playing Reno decks and fucking them over. Gadgetzan is definitely Kazakus vs Patches.

fertygo

My climb to rank 5 this month is might've the fastest that I ever done

had really crazy streak with this Jade Shaman list

OAw5MFp.png

list on really greedy side with White Eyes and N'zoth, regular jade shaman list would just use brann n healing wave in their spot but fuck it I want to use my card

Can brick hard against aggros but deck has enough anti aggro tools to win most of time.

Most of Reno Mage and Priest not equipped to handle this deck greed so its easy matchup, Renolock can handle it tho if they still play twisting and SF

Jade Druid usually tough matchup for Jade Shaman but White Eyes n N'zoth inclusion push that edge.

Btw this deck power surely take a hit after rotation. Kappa

ZeroX03

Banned
Over the moon from pulling Archmage Antonidas from my Brawl pack. One of the few classic Legendaries left that I needed, fits in plenty of my Mage decks.

And yeah Flamewaker was absolute easy mode in the Brawl.

Over the moon from pulling Archmage Antonidas from my Brawl pack. One of the few classic Legendaries left that I needed, fits in plenty of my Mage decks.

And yeah Flamewaker was absolute easy mode in the Brawl.

I think that's the last evergreen Classic legendary I need too. I'd have to check my account to be sure though. Definitely been jealous of him for years, haha.

Man, nothing like living through 13 turns of Jaraxxus as priest to beat a Renolock in fatigue. Wheeew, that was a nailbiter. I saved my last Kazookus Potion (6 to all minions, revive 3) and used less-effective removal options a few turns so that he'd commit some of his final cards. Finally he slammed down his third infernal, Faceless'd it, and used an Earthen Ring Farseer on himself. I wiped his board and crushed his soul. A rare win against Lord J for Priests! :D

I think it's pretty awesome, but yeah you just have to be ready to answer it, which can be hard on turn 3.

But for me it's just exciting to do all this math to try to figure out just how much damage I can get out of it.

It's fun if you're not the one that doesn't have removal for it. You have to use a ton early on against Pirate Warrior just to stay in the game, and none of the early AOE for Priest (Holy Nova and Excavated Evil) kill it. They'd only make it stronger, in fact. It just has too much health and too strong on an effect for the cost.

scarlet

Man, nothing like living through 13 turns of Jaraxxus as priest to beat a Renolock in fatigue. Wheeew, that was a nailbiter. I saved my last Kazookus Potion (6 to all minions, revive 3) and used less-effective removal options a few turns so that he'd commit some of his final cards. Finally he slammed down his third infernal, Faceless'd it, and used an Earthen Ring Farseer on himself. I wiped his board and crushed his soul. A rare win against Lord J for Priests! :D

It's fun if you're not the one that doesn't have removal for it. You have to use a ton early on against Pirate Warrior just to stay in the game, and none of the early AOE for Priest (Holy Nova and Excavated Evil) kill it. They'd only make it stronger, in fact. It just has too much health and too strong on an effect for the cost.

Pain/death/silence is your answer for frothing.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2227-hearthstones-arena-team-is-testing-a-20-increase

Arena Changes:
- They're testing a 20% increase in spells, and feel it should help winrate with the coin as the coin has favored more reactive decks in their statistics. Since Arena is mostly minion battles right now, that makes the coin a lot less useful.
- They want to move Arena to Standard.
- They're still figuring out if they want to increase the occurrence rate of the newest set, because with the two above changes, you might frequently end up with Mage decks with four Volcanic Potions or Shaman decks with 5 Jade Lightnings.
- They have a variety of other changes they're trying, but they don't want to publicly announce them yet, presumably because they're less sure of shipping them.
- They intend to announce the full set of Arena changes "in the nearish future".

Blizzard

Banned
I guess my Gadgetzan Pack pity timer finally kicked in, and I got my first Gadgetzan legendary!

It's...Krul the Unshackled. :| Keep or dust? I have no idea how to play Warlock.

75 Murloc quest. Sure, I'll knock that out in casual with a 30 Murloc deck.

Pirate Warrior
Aggro Shaman

Like, really? What possesses people to take top tier ladder decks into casual? I mean, shit, why even have casual at all?

Lyng

75 Murloc quest. Sure, I'll knock that out in casual with a 30 Murloc deck.

Pirate Warrior
Aggro Shaman

Like, really? What possesses people to take top tier ladder decks into casual? I mean, shit, why even have casual at all?

They are bad players who need to use casual to learn to pilot hard to play decks like aggro shaman and pirate warrior.

Jrmint

OAw5MFp.png

list on really greedy side with White Eyes and N'zoth, regular jade shaman list would just use brann n healing wave in their spot but fuck it I want to use my card

Can brick hard against aggros but deck has enough anti aggro tools to win most of time.

Most of Reno Mage and Priest not equipped to handle this deck greed so its easy matchup, Renolock can handle it tho if they still play twisting and SF

Jade Druid usually tough matchup for Jade Shaman but White Eyes n N'zoth inclusion push that edge.

Nice list. Would Sylvanas be an ok replacement for White Eyes?

fertygo

Nice list. Would Sylvanas be an ok replacement for White Eyes?
Yeah Sylvanas could've an ok replacement for White Eyes. Remember the most optimized version of deck is actually cut these greedy card like white eyes and nzoth but screw that we want play our fancy card right.

There is downside for not having taunt when you nzoth with sylv instead but at same time slyv is more annoying than white eyes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

OAw5MFp.png

Im playin' a very similar deck which i borrowed from Kibler.
It's pretty fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom