• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2227-hearthstones-arena-team-is-testing-a-20-increase

Arena Changes:
- They're testing a 20% increase in spells, and feel it should help winrate with the coin as the coin has favored more reactive decks in their statistics. Since Arena is mostly minion battles right now, that makes the coin a lot less useful.
- They want to move Arena to Standard.
- They're still figuring out if they want to increase the occurrence rate of the newest set, because with the two above changes, you might frequently end up with Mage decks with four Volcanic Potions or Shaman decks with 5 Jade Lightnings.
- They have a variety of other changes they're trying, but they don't want to publicly announce them yet, presumably because they're less sure of shipping them.
- They intend to announce the full set of Arena changes "in the nearish future".

I really don't want arena to go to Standard. :(

having all of the cards available is one of the fun things about that mode

Got my first golden legendary today (after 2 years of playing) Golden Cenarius, which is pretty useless to me. Not sure which legendary i should make, i still need alexstrasza for my reno mage and Fendral for jade druid...

wiibomb

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2227-hearthstones-arena-team-is-testing-a-20-increase

Arena Changes:
- They're testing a 20% increase in spells, and feel it should help winrate with the coin as the coin has favored more reactive decks in their statistics. Since Arena is mostly minion battles right now, that makes the coin a lot less useful.
- They want to move Arena to Standard.
- They're still figuring out if they want to increase the occurrence rate of the newest set, because with the two above changes, you might frequently end up with Mage decks with four Volcanic Potions or Shaman decks with 5 Jade Lightnings.
- They have a variety of other changes they're trying, but they don't want to publicly announce them yet, presumably because they're less sure of shipping them.
- They intend to announce the full set of Arena changes "in the nearish future".

this is what drives me insane about everything Team 5 does.. and I mean it, everything...

They intend to announce the changes in the nearish future, when they said the changes were coming soon since months before Gatgetzan arrived... this is a very well know pattern of Team 5, soon means months and months of waiting.

I, with all of four Classic Legendaries, opened a duplicate Cenarius yesterday. I was not amused. -_-

It's impossible to actually address the other problems people have (synergy themes are too weak, Curvestone is too strong) without cutting off the size of the card pool though.

Dahbomb

this is what drives me insane about everything Team 5 does.. and I mean it, everything...

They intend to announce the changes in the nearish future, when they said the changes were coming soon since months before Gatgetzan arrived... this is a very well know pattern of Team 5, soon means months and months of waiting.
This is standard Blizzard. Been dealing with this since forever.

At least their game release schedule is tight now, they used to delay their games a lot.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This is standard Blizzard. Been dealing with this since forever.

At least their game release schedule is tight now, they used to delay their games a lot.

Soon™

Copyright 2004-2017 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For the Arena thing, I think they pretty clearly thought it would take way less time than it actually did to make the technology changes they wanted.

That's generally been their major stumbling block. Cards were way slower until they majorly improved their prototyping tools for those as well.

Blizzard

Banned
I guess my Gadgetzan Pack pity timer finally kicked in, and I got my first Gadgetzan legendary!

It's...Krul the Unshackled. :| Keep or dust? I have no idea how to play Warlock.
Checking one more time before dusting. I literally don't think I have ever seen this card played.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Krul is tricky.

Sure, it could theoretically sort of get better with additional demons released, but its main synergy is with Kazakus and choosing the add x demons to your hand. And that can give you Apothecary which is a disaster with Krul.

Apothecary, in my opinion, makes Krul bad.

I think I would keep it, especially if it isn't golden, just in case. But the fact they released two cards that are SO anti synergy with each other in the same set is ludicrous.

Tagyhag

having all of the cards available is one of the fun things about that mode

Agreed, I understand why they're doing it, balancing is just a mess every time you add more cards into the pool, but the decks are going to feel much less varied.

They should just have a wild arena, problem solved.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Checking one more time before dusting. I literally don't think I have ever seen this card played.

I've found it very difficult to make a good deck around, even in wild with Malganus and Void Caller making for much better demon synergy deck.

Miletius

I play Kruul in Wild version of renolock. It's not as good, but it's not completely useless. Kruul isn't the only win condition in the deck -- another one is a big swing turn with voidcaller, or Kazakus. So, he can work in a generalized demon handlock deck, but in standard I wouldn't bother.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the opinions. Since I don't have much interest in playing warlock at the moment I guess I'll dust. 1250 dust towards Fandral thus far.

Feels bad when you lose a midrange Shaman mirror because he rolled spell totem almost every time.

I had him at <5HP with a board, and he topdecks Lightning Storm, Maelstrom, and Feral Spirits on subsequent turns.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What's with all the Meow accounts? They all have just over 30 wins. Just 1 guy trying to get as many accounts on the board as possible?

bjaelke

What's with all the Meow accounts? They all have just over 30 wins. Just 1 guy trying to get as many accounts on the board as possible?

To those who are curious, "Meow" is an arena fan group (or QQ group :/) from China.

Each id stands for an individual person..We have 100+ active players..No bot..

In mid January, CN server encountered a breakdown for a few days, while at that time BBrode announced this leaderboard, so a few ppl went to NA server and here we are!

edit:

btw, for some insights, totally 14 members of Meow finished 30 runs in Jan and 13 out of them made to this leaderboard! :)
from reddit

Dahbomb

Kripparrian BASED GAWD Arena player.

Won't be as good in February though with the 2 day average of 3 wins LUL!

The top 4 EU win rate is god damn wild. 9.32 win rate WTF! ADWCTA and MERPS are going to claw their hair out at that one.

Kripp can legit break 8 wins barrier if he played off stream. He easily has to be the most sniped Arena player.

Kripparrian BASED GAWD Arena player.

Won't be as good in February though with the 2 day average of 3 wins LUL!

The top 4 EU win rate is god damn wild. 9.32 win rate WTF! ADWCTA and MERPS are going to claw their hair out at that one.

Kripp can legit break 8 wins barrier if he played off stream. He easily has to be the most sniped Arena player.

Kripp has made salt his shtick, so I'm not surprised people snipe him for the entertainment value.

He still bodies them. I remember someone tanking an exceptional arena deck just to meet him at like 4-2 lol.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
hearthstonew6sb0.jpg

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they buy gold or just farm it on dailies and stuff.

Using this guy's calculations for gold rewards combined with some of my own, it looks like you can play 100 runs a month for free with the 50 gold average daily quests and a 6.5 wins per run.

At thatdude's 6.81 wins per run over 117 runs, he could play 176 runs per month. You basically go infinity at 7.07 wins per run.

At 3 wins per run you can do 16 runs per month. At 5 wins per run you can go 30 runs per month and qualify for this leaderboard.

I played someone with an Egg Druid deck once (of course in Casual). I spun my wheels for 4 turns then coined out Holy Nova, and followed it with Excavated Evil. He conceded after that.

manhack

Got two Druid Dominace quest. Anyone got a Druid deck without jade stuff?

Here is a deck I've thrown together on Asia since I only have Karazahn. I absolutely love this deck since it has big creatures, great healing, taunts and burst.

http://i.imgur.com/SGEfYPp.png

I play King Mukla in place of Jungle Panther on my regular account. The 5 attack helps with Celestial Dreamer synergy. (maybe Druid of the flame would work here but that requires BRM.

Mulgrok

Renolock used both hard removals, 8 board clears, and healed for 50, but my minion generation paladin still beat his butt easily. I used a lot of inspire minions that generate extra guys, so every turn I would get lots of minions on the board.

manhack

I think I've seen enough Gadgetzan, Coin, Conceal shenanigans for one lifetime.

For some reason this month is rogue month on the ladder.

Really wish Loatheb was around. Even bomb lobber might fit into some of my decks tbh.

daemissary

No 1 in EU is so far ahead I might call shenanigans.

There is definitely something fishy going on in NA Arena.

I legitimately used to average over 7 wins and I'm around 5.2 the last couple of months. I've actually started adding people after I get bounced to ask them what their record was and I'm getting matched up with people who are 6-0 when I'm 4-2 and other bullshit like that.

I'm not sure if it's because there are less people playing and they want matchmaking to be fast but I'd much rather wait longer for a match than get matched up unfairly.

Suuuuuuuuuuper frustrating.

0-3 Arena run

great

great great great great

EDIT: actually take that back literally two 0-3 runs in a row

aslkdjfklsdjhflshujopiweuhfolsjflksdjh

I think I may be actually shit at this game

Blizzard

Banned
0-3 Arena run

great

great great great great

EDIT: actually take that back literally two 0-3 runs in a row

aslkdjfklsdjhflshujopiweuhfolsjflksdjh

I think I may be actually shit at this game
A rule of most any game, particularly games with ranked ladders like League of Legends, Overwatch, and Hearthstone, is that if you're doing poorly or you're frustrated with a game, you will (unknowingly) play worse than normal. After a break you might play better.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
A rule of most any game, particularly games with ranked ladders like League of Legends, Overwatch, and Hearthstone, is that if you're doing poorly or you're frustrated with a game, you will (unknowingly) play worse than normal. After a break you might play better.

Yeah, even more so with a game where luck matters like Hearthstone. Easy to fall into gambler's falacy and start acting like you're owed good RNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom