• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Party

I really don't want arena to go to Standard. :(

having all of the cards available is one of the fun things about that mode
I agree that arena should stay wild. But they should probably remove 100 or so cards that no one uses (or cards that are simply too good) to keep the card pool in check.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm personally pretty happy to see arena go to standard just to keep it a little more fresh. I've seen enough piloted shredders for a lifetime.

bjaelke

There are far more elegant and interesting solution than just switching to standard (which would also get boring at some point when you start seeing deck that look like those on ladder). Rotating sets being one of them. Another is the entire drafting phase. Not sure 3 random cards of the same is the best approach if you want to avoid the curve problem.

I was doing good today playing a Devolve/Healing/Jade/Shaman (with no Pirates), but then decided to play Renounce Warlock...and feel many Ranks.

I am never going to get that Legend Card Back. I seem to get bored if I am winning :/

Miletius

I'd rather see a more curated experience as well, but I'm not sure how they can do that and maintain balance in the arena. Simply removing sets will just make the card pool better overall, it doesn't really solve the curvestone problem unless they tackle it in a more precise manner.

I'd rather see Arena become a more hands on experience for Blizzard even if it's more work. Rotating sets are an idea, but that might introduce too much of a metagame feature that might not be welcome. For example, currently you pick Warlock if you can due to their ample comeback mechanics. On "Classic + GvG" day, you should pick mage because mages were strong then. That seems like something they'd want to avoid.

scarlet

I used devolve to 8/7 mountain giant and dark peddler. The mountain giant stays the same 8/7, but dark peddler got devolved.

Is this a bug?

I was doing good today playing a Devolve/Healing/Jade/Shaman (with no Pirates), but then decided to play Renounce Warlock...and feel many Ranks.

I am never going to get that Legend Card Back. I seem to get bored if I am winning :/
When I'm winning I get scared to keep playing because I'm worried I'll start losing.

When I'm losing I keep playing because I feel like I need to fight for a win.

Damnit, Blizzard.

wiibomb

I got a golden renounce darkness and I still feel bad the card didn't turn out to be good, I saw so much potential in it back then...

bjaelke

For example, currently you pick Warlock if you can due to their ample comeback mechanics. On "Classic + GvG" day, you should pick mage because mages were strong then. That seems like something they'd want to avoid.

They've done nothing in the past to suggest that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd rather see Arena become a more hands on experience for Blizzard even if it's more work. Rotating sets are an idea, but that might introduce too much of a metagame feature that might not be welcome. For example, currently you pick Warlock if you can due to their ample comeback mechanics. On "Classic + GvG" day, you should pick mage because mages were strong then. That seems like something they'd want to avoid.

They actually proposed exactly this back in interviews around Blizzcon.

There is definitely something fishy going on in NA Arena.

I legitimately used to average over 7 wins and I'm around 5.2 the last couple of months. I've actually started adding people after I get bounced to ask them what their record was and I'm getting matched up with people who are 6-0 when I'm 4-2 and other bullshit like that.

I'm not sure if it's because there are less people playing and they want matchmaking to be fast but I'd much rather wait longer for a match than get matched up unfairly.

Suuuuuuuuuuper frustrating.

When are you playing? I don't have any stats to back this up, but more "casual" players will likely be playing on their commute, lunch, or early evening. If you play late at night or during the day, you may run into more seasoned players.

Another anecdote: play Arena on Mondays and Tuesdays, as casual players will play other modes since Tavern Brawl is not available.

butts

When are you playing? I don't have any stats to back this up, but more "casual" players will likely be playing on their commute, lunch, or early evening. If you play late at night or during the day, you may run into more seasoned players.

Another anecdote: play Arena on Mondays and Tuesdays, as casual players will play other modes since Tavern Brawl is not available.

This is very true, when I pick up a few games at work between 9-2 I get much worse players than when I play at night. Seems to start picking up in challenge about mid-afternoon where I'm at.

Xanathus

Holy shit, this Jade-Pirate-Beast-Murloc-Dragon Curator Shaman deck that Kolento is playing right now has a crazy win rate but the best part is that every card in it is still in Standard after the next rotation.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Nerf Pirates
Nerf Spirit Claws
Nerf Maelstrom Portal

Hell I even think it's probably time that they nerf Azure Drake.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm expecting them to rotate cards Classic cards like Azure Drake and Ragnaros, but nerf anything newer they change, unless they feel the functionality is still critical in its nerfed form (see Execute for example).

Zukkoyaki

I love the reactions I get whenever I play King Krush. Sure it's not a great card but it certainly catches people off guard (It's also a from the pack golden and I adore it).

Hopefully hunters can finally get a decent legendary in the not too distant future.

I got a golden renounce darkness and I still feel bad the card didn't turn out to be good, I saw so much potential in it back then...

It turns your whole deck golden, I would keep it if I opened it for the lulz.

Re: Azure Drake.

It's in:
  • Literally Every shaman deck (2).
  • Literally Every Rogue deck (2).
  • Literally Every Druid deck (2). OK not that egg list.
  • Almost Every priest deck (2 in dragon, 1 in all the Reno lists). The Djinni OtK list doesn't run it I guess.
  • Almost Every mage deck (1). 2 in tempo mage.
  • Dragon warrior (2).

If warlock didn't have life tap they'd run it too.

If they don't either rotate it or nerf it I'd be shocked. Overrepresented Neutral card draw is the reason they nerfed Nat Pagle and Novice Engineer right before Beta ended.

I'm expecting them to rotate cards Classic cards like Azure Drake and Ragnaros, but nerf anything newer they change, unless they feel the functionality is still critical in its nerfed form (see Execute for example).

Especially given Brode's recent comments on this tension (nerf vs. rotate) I would be pretty surprised to see them nerf cards like these that are iconic and (as far as I'm aware) 100% fine in Wild. If you're gonna nerf something in Classic or Basic, something like Rockbiter Weapon makes much more sense as it's a needed utility effect but there's no reason it can't be a bit less efficient. (Or yeah, Execute similarly.)

wiibomb

It turns your whole deck golden, I would keep it if I opened it for the lulz.

oh no I'm not planing to dust it anytime soon, the cards that make other cards are the best golden cards and this is certainly the best golden card in HS because of that reason.

I just need a good deck to use it effectively. even if for fun

wiibomb

I made a mistake. I don't play HS. Just watch some trump and kripp on YouTube sometimes. Anyway, always seems like kripp is losing and tilted blaming the game etc. thought I would ask her since you guys would know.

he is pretty good at arena, I don't think he is actually good at making a deck and playing it on ladder.

However, if there is a single person on this planet full of HS Salt™ is this guy and Kolento

Backstab is even better in Arena. Opponent coins out a 3/2 minion on T1, you can answer right away.

I wonder if they can just nerf one part of Azure Drake. The combo of Spell Damage, Dragon tag, card draw, and decent body is too good.

Dahbomb

Holy shit, this Jade-Pirate-Beast-Murloc-Dragon Curator Shaman deck that Kolento is playing right now has a crazy win rate but the best part is that every card in it is still in Standard after the next rotation.
This so meme-y and cancerous that it hurts. The fact that it's winning hurts more.

Screw deck building.. who needs that? Just stuff your deck with OP cards in Shaman and go ham.

Is Kripp actually just really bad at hearthstone?
He got top 3 in the first leaderboard of Arena and then #1 again this month. This is while being stream sniped and targeted by other players online so it's expected that his win rate would be normal than it should be.

Plus when Kripp took Constructed seriously he got 2nd place at Blizzcon and was a top earning player in HS. He hasn't played construcsted seriously since the beta.

He's not bad at HS for sure, he has solid fundamentals in the game.

Ladekabel

Doing my Druid quest with Maly Druid that has zero Gadgetzan cards except when I pick Jade Idol from Raven Idol. Still works lol. At least in the dumpster ranks that I'm currently in because I can't absolutely be bothered to rank up when everything about the meta is so boring to me. Only decks I enjoy currently are Dragon Priest and now the occasional Maly Druid. I would go for a golden portrait for the first but since I got Tyrande I don't need that.

The facts are facts.

You sound like the a trump adviser right now lol

It was an invite only tournament with little competition among popular streamers at the time. It was an exhibition/show case tournament, plain and simple. None of those players, except for trump whom at the time wasn't good at constructed either, are pro players nor ever amounted to anything in the competitive scene. You know these facts, yet still try to prop kripp up as some kind of good constructed player who set aside his ambitions and doesn't try any more. It's just disingenuous argument.

What do current shaman lists even look like?

Aggro Pirate (with Overload Spells) or Aggro Pirate (with Jade). Every single Shaman seems to be Aggro right now. Aggro Shaman is an epidemic, more so than Warrior right now. Warrior (at least for me), seem to be around 40/60 Control/Aggro.

Feels like a good time to try a very different type of Shaman deck to catch people off guard. I have been using this as one of the 10 decks I cannot stop jumping between, and it is fun...

3gcFeOA.png

Not sure where it came from. It's a few weeks old. all credit goes to Streamer/Heathpwner I robbed it from.

Hycran

Banned
It's so disingenuous to prop kripp up by saying he got second in blizcon when he took constructed seriously...

If you really think he wouldn't be a top constructed player, you're delusional. His knowledge of the game is unparalleled and he obviously doesn't play ladder due to the monotony involved.

It doesn't mean he is blizzcon champion every year, but he is easily top 100 in the world, if not top 10 in arena.

If you really think he wouldn't be a top constructed player, you're delusional. His knowledge of the game is unparalleled and he obviously doesn't play ladder due to the monotony involved.

It doesn't mean he is blizzcon champion every year, but he is easily top 100 in the world, if not top 10 in arena.

No, it is not delusion, it is based on actually watching him play constructed.

squidyj

nah, He can go for it if he wants but until he does there's every reason to be skeptical.

Hycran

Banned
nah, He can go for it if he wants but until he does there's every reason to be skeptical.

The one month he actually tried with meta decks, he hit legend. I'm not a Kripp Stan but implying that constructed and Arena are at all different or require different skills is demonstrably false.

With meme decks and decks designed to generate YouTube content? Sure.

I've watched kripp legitimately try and fail to rank up, many times.

The one month he actually tried with meta decks, he hit legend. I'm not a Kripp Stan but implying that constructed and Arena are at all different or require different skills is demonstrably false.

Hitting legend doesn't make you a top player and it's not even close. You could speculate that anyone, including both of us could be top hearthstone players. What are the basis in fact to support that, or kripp? It's just speculation. Anything can happen.

What does hitting legend in 1 month have to do with it?

The funny thing is that this fact that he hit legend 1 month, years into the game's life span is being used to show how good he could be if he tried. The rest of the competitive hearthstone community just laugh at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom