• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I love the reactions I get whenever I play King Krush. Sure it's not a great card but it certainly catches people off guard (It's also a from the pack golden and I adore it).

Hopefully hunters can finally get a decent legendary in the not too distant future.
I once killed a King Krush that I think was randomly summoned / discovered. The enemy player then instantly played another RNG card and got...a second King Krush. I immediately surrendered because it was late game and I burned everything on the first one. :'(

Hycran

Banned
I've watched kripp legitimately try and fail to rank up, many times.

I've seen every popular player, world class or otherwise, legitimately try and fail to rank up, many times.

Hitting legend doesn't make you a top player and it's not even close. You could speculate that anyone, including both of us could be top hearthstone players. What are the basis in fact to support that, or kripp? It's just speculation. Anything can happen.

So being in the top 1% of players in a month doesn't mean you're good? Obviously you can keep moving the goal posts and say that legend rank doesn't mean that you're good, but other than tournaments, it's the only objective marker of skill that exists in the game.

The basis to support that Kripp is a top player in Arena is that he is and has been the number one player in NA Arena based on percentage of wins per run. The basis to support him being a top player in constructed is that he has historically hit legend rank and has the skills to do it again but for his apathy towards the ladder experience. The basis to support him being a top player in general is that he makes his living off the game. Once again, feel free to move the goal posts and say that just because he makes money doesn't mean he's good, but I don't know too many other shitty HS players who make their living from the game while being awful at the game.

As for what else you said, it makes no sense. I will however point out that I regularly hit rank 5 without trying very hard and could reach legend rank it given the time and wherewithal. I would consider myself a top player given how many people play the game. I would not consider myself a top player against tournament players or those who make their living off the game.

The funny thing is that this fact that he hit legend 1 month, years into the game's life span is being used to show how good he could be if he tried. The rest of the competitive hearthstone community just laugh at that.

Given that he doesn't seem to have legitimately tried until the month he hit legend, I'd say his lack of legend status is hardly indicative of his true quality as a player. That would be like indicating someone is shit because they rarely play arena.

Once again, I never contended that Kripp was the best player ever. He isn't and never will be. I am simply pointing out that by many objective and subjective measures, he is a top player. Why you are delusional about this is beyond me. I'll leave it at that.

squidyj

The one month he actually tried with meta decks, he hit legend. I'm not a Kripp Stan but implying that constructed and Arena are at all different or require different skills is demonstrably false.

I have a legend cardback, does that mean I'm as good as Pavel or Cydonia?

Dahbomb

All of y'all hating on Kripp da gawd.

Kripp is actually the best HS player. He realized that the only way to win in HS is to not take it too seriously and play meme decks plus get fake salty in Arena matches.

That's why he is raking in all the CPM.

squidyj

All of y'all hating on Kripp da gawd.

Kripp is actually the best HS player. He realized that the only way to win in HS is to not take it too seriously and play meme decks plus get fake salty in Arena matches.

That's why he is raking in all the CPM.

k

I'm not hating on kripp, I'm hating on this Kripp is so good, top player cause he hit legend once, lmao... ffs gimmie a break. Hitting legend once and claiming he could be a top player if he tried... yeah okie. That would be true for every player who has hit legend then. Not everyone can be a top player.

Blizzard

Banned
Can't we just say there are multiple indications that he's a pretty good player and leave it at that? This is such a weird argument.

Lyng

If you really think he wouldn't be a top constructed player, you're delusional. His knowledge of the game is unparalleled and he obviously doesn't play ladder due to the monotony involved.

It doesn't mean he is blizzcon champion every year, but he is easily top 100 in the world, if not top 10 in arena.

Top 100 In the world In constructed??? No way!
Kripp is amazing at arena, yet quiet average at constructed.
Bots can hit legend.

Blizzard

Banned
Top 100 In the world In constructed??? No way!
Kripp is amazing at arena, yet quiet average at constructed.
Bots can hit legend.
Bots should be better than people since their card memory can be perfect, their statistics more accurate, and their play free from the sort of mistakes human make.

Sheroking

Being a top constructed player means net-decking, learning to tech, learning match-ups with tons of practice and competing every month. Kripp does none of that shit and hasn't had an interest since the original Blizzcon tournament. So of course he's not a top-100 constructed player.

He likely would be if he gave a shit. Fortunately for him, he probably makes more money than anyone else in Hearthstone doing what he's doing.

Dahbomb

People who are great at Arena are rarely great at Constructed and vice versa. It's two very different skill sets and fundamentals.

Once you are a great Arena player you start valuing cards and plays differently sub consciously. You can see it in someone like Kripp's play. He would make plays in Constructed that would be great in Arena but bad in Constructed.

I think Kripp could be great in Constructed if he abandoned Arena completely and focused his efforts maximally on Constructed. Easy top 100 Legend. But I am talking about old school No life Kripp here not current Casualarrian who won't even play PoE in hardcore anymore. So this will never happen and Krupp will continue to be great in Arena and mediocre in Constructed.

Dahbomb

I miss hobo Kripp, D2 modder kripp

lul
Yeah I miss World First Inferno D3 Hardcore clear No Life Kripp.

I bet 90 % of his current fanbase doesn't even know what the nl stands for in nl_kripp. Kripp has done very well in every game he has taken somewhat seriously and why he has accumulated such a dedicated fanbase.

I have no opinion on Kripp other than I like his streams as they are not full of popups, sound clips, and other various noises. Also, when he does complain he is not as obnoxious an Reynad, who I watched once and wanted to die afterwards.

Hafu does seem great, but has the usual popup, noise problem that I hate, and her streams are at a horrible time for me. Also, he VODs are usually muted due to music, and she does not seem to do Youtube.

This concludes my text review of Hearthstone streams. I will continue my review on my Youtube channel for 10 likes.

Miletius

There are, but that doesn't mean switching away from an eternally growing card pool isn't a good idea on its own.

Why?

Responding to all three posts at once, sorta. I guess the logic I can see would be that it intimidates casual folks even further from playing Arena. Not only do you have to have knowledge of how the game works, but on top of that you also have to have knowledge of which classes work better with which sets. I can see an argument being made that the level of meta knowledge needed for that would discourage casual arena players.

Unless the rotations were super long, like months at a time, I don't really see it being a solution Blizzard might pursue.

In other news, Anyfin Pally is actually very good right now. Doubly so in wild. I'm climbing with it now on both ladders. It has the early game, ample clears, and healing to outlast aggro pirate decks and it has the combo to close out against reno decks.

scarlet

I think I'm done with ladder.

Got to rank 15 early, but now got bored with ladder and the reward isn't that good. Maybe 10 will always be my highest rank.

Blizzard

Banned
When doing quests, sometimes the stars align just right.

I needed 20 taunt minions, so I put every compatible taunt minion I own, plus 2 shield blocks and 2 raid leaders and 1 "I know a guy" in a Warrior deck. I did not expect to win.

The casual player I got matched against was Rogue, who burned 25 of their cards before eventually killing themselves on the taunt damage. :p

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not hating on kripp, I'm hating on this Kripp is so good, top player cause he hit legend once, lmao... ffs gimmie a break. Hitting legend once and claiming he could be a top player if he tried... yeah okie. That would be true for every player who has hit legend then. Not everyone can be a top player.

I don't know about "top player" but he'd be in the same league as any other popular constructed streamer, like Kibler or Firebat, if he actually tried at constructed.

But it is true that as it currently stands, Kripp is not very good at constructed. He's around bottom tier netdeck legend player level of skill. Would be higher if he spent more time in constructed.

Clearly he's absolutely one of the best arena players, if not the best.

This is fun, let's try a new game.

Is Trump actually just really bad hearthstone?

I simply refuse this question. Trump is great. Lets leave it at that.

wiibomb

This is fun, let's try a new game.

Is Trump actually just really bad hearthstone?

He is an amazing strategist who uses lots more probabilities in his plays.

I believe he is the only one who not only explains the whole thinking process that went through his mind, but he also calculates some probabilities of the plays on the fly.

He was doing some questionable plays on the past, but in general he is pretty good.

Also, one of my best sources of netdecking since he concentrates on my favorite aspect of HS cards. Value.

Responding to all three posts at once, sorta. I guess the logic I can see would be that it intimidates casual folks even further from playing Arena. Not only do you have to have knowledge of how the game works, but on top of that you also have to have knowledge of which classes work better with which sets.

Yeah I think this is backwards. If you have a new card pool every week nobody knows what's good at first, like new Tavern Brawls. It gives people with less skill a better chance to find a good line.

Zoggy

The call of the wild nerf killed hunter. That was the literally the only way way hunter could be viable .

Omg an eight drop has a huge presence and could turn the game!?!???? This should not happen!!!

Gets smorced by turn 6 9/9s.

Like I've always said, the hearthstone community deserves whatever meta it gets

The call of the wild nerf killed hunter. That was the literally the only way way hunter could be viable .

Omg an eight drop has a huge presence and could turn the game!?!???? This should not happen!!!

Gets smorced by turn 6 9/9s.

Like I've always said, the hearthstone community deserves whatever meta it gets

This isn't true. Hunter has been phased out because the aggro decks are too fast and Hunter can't handle that kind of pressure.

If the meta slows down Hunter is going to come back in a big way because they can put out high pressure against a lot of the control decks out there right now.

H4iUdnU.jpg

Dayum Xixo going in on Bottyhof.

Pooya

pawny is scum. He kicked lifecoach on stream because he was spectating him during his break time and insulted him saying he's stealing his content, as if lifecoach needs his bot viewership.

scarlet

pawny is scum. He kicked lifecoach on stream because he was spectating him during his break time and insulted him saying he's stealing his content, as if lifecoach needs his bot viewership.

He blocked me cuz I called out his hypocrisy LOL.

Edit: I watched his stream and I think it was alright. I was just saying he's not better than other people he said disgusting. And he blocked me.

fertygo

xixo must be one of the most boring hearthstone streamers
not even Eloise can help improve that lol
xixo is tryhard competitive player first before streamer, you want to watch him because he one of the best player not because he try to appeal people with concede deck or behave as entertainer, he streaming for sidekick

lifecoach reaction was funny af lol

Tomcat

xixo is tryhard competitive player first before streamer, you want to watch him because he one of the best player not because he try to appeal people with concede deck or behave as entertainer, he streaming for sidekick

lifecoach reaction was funny af lol

of course he is a try hard aggro player :p
That doesn't change the fact that he is just a boring character with no charisma and his viewcount reflects that

scarlet

Its about as bad as you can playing aggro shaman tho

the first lose is hopeless, but next two is so weird

Why didn't he play other deck tho? IIRC you can do it.

I didn't remember the 1st one, it's shaman vs mage???

But 2nd one after reno on turn 6 he had no chance. 3rd one is close.

Edit: All G2 boys lost 1st round.

fertygo

Why didn't he play other deck tho? IIRC you can do it.

I didn't remember the 1st one, it's shaman vs mage???

But 2nd one after reno on turn 6 he had no chance. 3rd one is close.

2nd one had some wasted damage on bolting on minion while trading with flametongue is better, also made weird ass trade with 4/1 trade to 2/2

he may still lose due t6 reno, but those play is awful

scarlet

Mitsuhide vs Romanno is on now.

Mitsuhide implies Romanno cheating on this match. He intentionally disconnect when he was losing. They had 3 rematches and in the last one Romanno finally won and no disconnect lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom