• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

Being a top constructed player means net-decking, learning to tech, learning match-ups with tons of practice and competing every month. Kripp does none of that shit and hasn't had an interest since the original Blizzcon tournament. So of course he's not a top-100 constructed player.

He likely would be if he gave a shit. Fortunately for him, he probably makes more money than anyone else in Hearthstone doing what he's doing.

yeah it's pretty funny watching people say Kripp couldn't be a top player if he wanted. He's one of the best arena players, he could easily follow a meta and become a high rank legend player if he wanted, but he clearly doesn't want to.

Is there a bracket for this tournament? Want to watch Sjow misplay

Zemm

red manawyrm doing work

Lyng

yeah it's pretty funny watching people say Kripp couldn't be a top player if he wanted. He's one of the best arena players, he could easily follow a meta and become a high rank legend player if he wanted, but he clearly doesn't want to.

Is there a bracket for this tournament? Want to watch Sjow misplay

Is anyone saying that? What people are, rightfully, saying is that currently Kripp is no where near top 100 constructed.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Superjj came out now and backed Xixi. Pawny comes of as a ekop lvl cunt

Forsen just tweeted:
Forsen said:
One of the few HS events I actually was looking forward to was Global games. I know @playhearthstone can't uninvite p4wnyhof even if they wanted to. So I'll leave it up to the community to make a change. Vote for whoever you guys feel like voting for, but I'm going with SuperJJ here and will forfeit my spot if pawny gets voted in.
Source

Jaraxxus doesn't trigger poly secret? BRODE

This should turn your hero into a 1/1 sheep with a infinte durablity "headbut" as a Weapon :p

When we are at it, make Morgl the Oracle die to Hungry Crab. Make it a risk to use the hero incase someone actually happens to run Hungry Crab.

The game is now automatically 100% better!

Had the revelation to use Finja to possibly pull two Corrupted Seer's from your deck that you can hit with Evolve...

The dream is that this turns your board into One 6 Mana and Two 7 Mana minions on turn six, and you still have five Mana left to play something else that turn.

Will probably work only once in every ten games, but I guess I am going to try a version of Evolve Shaman :)

Had the revelation to use Finja to possibly pull two Corrupted Seer's from your deck that you can hit with Evolve...

The dream is that this turns your board into One 6 Mana and Two 7 Mana minions on turn six, and you still have five Mana left to play something else that turn.

Will probably work only once in every ten games, but I guess I am going to try a version of Evolve Shaman :)

Between that, Thing from Below, Doppelgangster, Nerubian Prophet, Feral Spirits, Barnes and Moat Lurker, you could have a ton of Evolve targets. The real issue comes in needing those Evolves. You'd have to run Master of Evolutions too, just to increase consistency a bit. It probably won't be good against this aggro meta, but it certainly would be fun to pull off!

Between that, Thing from Below, Doppelgangster, Nerubian Prophet, Feral Spirits, Barnes and Moat Lurker, you could have a ton of Evolve targets. The real issue comes in needing those Evolves. You'd have to run Master of Evolutions too, just to increase consistency a bit. It probably won't be good against this aggro meta, but it certainly would be fun to pull off!

Thanks for tips. Let's see where this goes...

joE9H6I.png

I will be happy with one win to start with. It should catch somone of guard... hopefully!

I had to stick in one Devolve due to the deck's theme... :/

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I'm not sure the average 7 drop is better than a tfb though.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Got an 80g quest on NA.

Anybody who wants it must bring a basic deck only. No classic cards, no adventure cards, no Wotog, not Gadgetzan etc.

Chris#110874

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah I think this is backwards. If you have a new card pool every week nobody knows what's good at first, like new Tavern Brawls. It gives people with less skill a better chance to find a good line.

I think the only thing that would actually make Arena inaccessible is changing the draft format so that you had to pick like 30 cards out of 50 cards all at once.

As long as the existing format is there, someone who just understands the basic setup of the game should be able to at least make something reasonable without getting blown out by real deck builders, since removal and on-curve stat minions are going to be at least moderately strong.

Mind, it makes it much harder to make synergy decks this way even if you do stack things in favor of them.

fertygo

ShtanUdachi and Pavel is da man

they bring the true Renolock, not the weeny sub-optimal anti aggro renolock that weak af that everyone else bring

If you want anti aggro deck, other deck can do the job better

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
man this is a harsh format, player goes 7-0, loses 1 and is knocked out :/

Yeah, makes no sense.
Top 8 should be double elimination.

Casting for HCTs continue to be shit...
Casting or production?
I havent watched much but the casters are doing a good job. (Though i personally would like MORE Kibler)

Zemm

Casting or production?
I havent watched much but the casters are doing a good job. (Though i personally would like MORE Kibler)

Both have been bad, at least the two British casters have been terrible. Like yesterday they were going on and on about what a mistake it was for the priest to not pick Jaraxxus from the Dragon Operative when he's playing against a combo lock.

Both have been bad, at least the two British casters have been terrible. Like yesterday they were going on and on about what a mistake it was for the priest to not pick Jaraxxus from the Dragon Operative when he's playing against a combo lock.

Those 2 guys are always bad. Admirable sometimes good, often mediocre, sometimes bad but I haven't seen him be real bad in a while now. He used to be really obnoxious.

One of the big things I hate is the fake hype now. Also never criticizing a bad or mediocre play. I dislike when they justify the bad play because it happens to work out. Casters should know that is results oriented reasoning. The never punished meme, is sometimes appropriate. And the OMG shakku so good look he survived 3 rounds. Damn, any minion that survives 3 rounds is great.

And in terms of fake hype "omg the dirty rat pulled the doomsayer this is a big deal"... it wasn't. It was probably the worst pull. I am 99.99% sure the other 2 pulls were better. And one of the other pulls was leeroy... so... gg casters. Fake hype.

Dahbomb

I have a HS tournament next week. I should be watching this tournament to get some ideas. Instead I have not even opened HS a single time in over a month, not even for Tavern Brawl. I have not even collected my rank 15 rewards for the month of January.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish we could get rid of these 5 cards

Patches
Brann
Reno
Spirit Claws
Insert Shaman Dmg spell here

Then see where we at.

Dahbomb

Tempo Mage, Control Warrior, Zoolock and Pirate Warrior would still exist and maybe Druids can play the Malygos/Token combo variant.

Removing Brann honestly hurts the Reno decks more.

But it's probably best to wait for the rotation to see stuff like Flamewaker gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom