• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
As predicted, I finally got mage on the second arena match once I started writing down statistics. So either I got offered mage after something like 13 straight arena matches, or I forgot some and maybe got offered mage after 8 matches. Either way, I just wanted to play mage for a change. :p

2 out of the 4 people I have faced thus far have been mage, though.

luoapp

2 out of the 4 people I have faced thus far have been mage, though.
I am not sure if I am seeing things or what, but I feel like if you are a mage, more likely you will face a mage, so does if you are a warlock, or a weaker class. Feels like Blizzard is taking class into consideration when matchmaking.

Well, this was long overdue. Think I sat around 8 wins shy for almost a month. My second golden hero.

hearthstonescreenshotdquzs.png

hearthstonescreenshotg1uga.png

Pooya

here is a blog post by cygames describing their nerfs https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0073

just look how much information they share and how they justify the changes. They're also giving dust back for a card that they didn't nerf,a card that was related to the card they nerfed... how cool is that. and this was done in less than 2 months after release of those cards.

meanwhile team5 blog posts... shaman being 30 percent for a whole year, they nerf 2 cards it's still 30 percent and their solution is just wait it out.

Sheroking

Maelstrom Portal should be a symmetrical board clear. Then it's appropriate for its cost and isn't slotted into Aggro Shaman to bully other aggro decks like Zoolock and Hunter.

I don't think Blizzard is going to buff existing AOE, that would be too much. They just have to print more AOE for non Kabal classes while making minions that aren't as resilient to AOEs. Kabal classes got some good AOE options in MSG but everyone except maybe Warrior was left out in the dust.

Blizzard will never buff any card because they could just as easily print new ones that do the same thing and get us all to pay for them.

I still think that bumping all the existing AOE in Hearthstone - minus Maelstrom Portal - would be fundamentally good for the game. Particularly if every hard removal spell 4 mana and under received the same nerf as execute.

High mana cost minions need to be better, low mana cost minions need to be much worse.

fertygo

I'm done with buying and crafting MSoG cards, I'm not using any real money for around 150+ pack that I get, pure buying with in-game gold.

I want listing what important card that I crafting with dust, its maybe can help other which card that worth crafting and not based from what I experiencing

Legendary / Important epic that I get from pack:

Hobert, instant dust, you don't need it for aggro warrior at all
Standard and Golden Kazakus, sadly I get both after crafting one
Knuckle, crap, instant dust
Wickerflame, meh.. but I keep it, one day Paladin may good so I can use the card.
Patches, another dupe after I craft one

so I'm not very fortunate with legendary that I get from pack.

Card that I crafting in MSoG:

Patches, absolute broken card.. its worth crafting because most deck in meta play it.
Kazakus, another absolute bananas craft worthy card and run in reno deck, this meta theme is Kazakus vs Patches afterall
Aya Blackpaw, its very clear 3rd best card of expansion.. but its only get run in Jade Decks, after next month nerf her inclusion in aggro shaman became iffy, and with that she may became exclusive to Jade Decks, so decision to craft her depend if you can see playing Jade Shaman or Jade Druid a lot.
White Eyes, I craft him because want to try Control Shaman, turned out you don't even need him in optimal list but eh I still like the card, worth crafting if you had extensive shaman card collection to play more different shaman deck than you see in meta.
Inkmaster Solia: I want to play reno mage a lot because I have most of its staple card like Antonidas, Alex and Ice Block, but the standard reno mage list really boring to play for me so that plan halted for so long, until reno mage with more burn like pyroblast discovered and I want to try it so I craft Solia, and finally reno mage click with me! I have blast with this reno mage with more burn.. so I don't regret this craft.

Some Epic:

Dragonfire Potion, I maybe craft one more too much but whatever still worth crafting if get urge/quest to play Dragon Priest
Dirty Rat, great utility card that run in most reno deck and even run in control warrior/shaman, I only craft one, really lucky to get another in pack
Rat Pack, I only get one from pack, I maybe had to craft another one because if Hunter made a comeback this card will be big part of it,

I think that conclude for card that I want to get from MSoG, its a shame I don't get Raza but I think Reno Priest not offer that much different experience so I'm not craft it.

Pooya

you think that's bad? I opened 2x Wrathion, 2x Genzo the shark, knuckles and sergeant sally.

I guess it could have been worse but not much. I really wanted a wickerflame and I actually crafted it last week, no regrets. Next meta paly will be good guaranteed and the card is just good. I wouldn't be sad about opening that one.

Wrathion and shark will never be good...

and what's the point of sally now with PO gone? yeah... hand buffs lel.

maybe when azure drake is gone people play Wrathion to draw one card for 6 mana!

Sioen

Anyone could tell me how many packs I would need to buy from standard/WOTG/Gadgetzan to get competitive?
I looked at some guides but they were outdated.

fertygo

Anyone could tell me how many packs I would need to buy from standard/WOTG/Gadgetzan to get competitive?
I looked at some guides but they were outdated.
Enough to craft shaman decks.

Look to tempo storm look to top tier deck.. look the amount of dust, calculate whhat need to get that amount of dust/card.

I think getting Karazhan adventure is moŕe important than buying pack eith money.

Sheroking

Jades would be a completely tolerable archetype if Jade Idol didn't have the shuffle option.

Enough to craft shaman decks.

Look to tempo storm look to top tier deck.. look the amount of dust, calculate whhat need to get that amount of dust/card.

I think getting Karazhan adventure is moŕe important than buying pack eith money.

Uh... I'd wait on doing this. This rotation is going to be massive and while a few archetypes might survive, every deck is going to be pretty different.

Shaman's basically have their entire early game being nerfed or rotated out in ~6 weeks.

Try to get Reno Jackson. Keep Ooze, Doomsayer, Mortal Coil, Demon Wrath, Mistress. Mulligan away the rest.

There's no strategy against aggro. You either have the cards to beat them and Reno on turn 6 or you don't. Once the nerfs are live I would throw in Voidwalker which would be very effective against the Pirates.

No matter how well you tech against aggro, you are still at the mercy of draws (theirs and yours). There's no overall strategy to the match up, you just play as non greedy and safe as possible to clear their board and protect your health totals. Sometimes you need to tap aggressively to get the Reno as your out around turn 8/9 but you pretty much want to avoid tapping too if you can.

ah makes a lot of sense, thanks.

i've always had a problem with renolock where I feel like I'm just waiting for a win condition. Sometimes it gets boring....I'm winning the game with like 5 cards in the deck against something like a handbuff paladin which i should be dominating.

Tomcat

I'm done with buying and crafting MSoG cards, I'm not using any real money for around 150+ pack that I get, pure buying with in-game gold.

I want listing what important card that I crafting with dust, its maybe can help other which card that worth crafting and not based from what I experiencing

Wickerflame, meh.. but I keep it, one day Paladin may good so I can use the card.

Patches, absolute broken card.. its worth crafting because most deck in meta play it.
Kazakus, another absolute bananas craft worthy card and run in reno deck, this meta theme is Kazakus vs Patches afterall
Aya Blackpaw, its very clear 3rd best card of expansion.. but its only get run in Jade Decks, after next month nerf her inclusion in aggro shaman became iffy, and with that she may became exclusive to Jade Decks, so decision to craft her depend if you can see playing Jade Shaman or Jade Druid a lot.
White Eyes, I craft him because want to try Control Shaman, turned out you don't even need him in optimal list but eh I still like the card, worth crafting if you had extensive shaman card collection to play more different shaman deck than you see in meta.
Inkmaster Solia: I want to play reno mage a lot because I have most of its staple card like Antonidas, Alex and Ice Block, but the standard reno mage list really boring to play for me so that plan halted for so long, until reno mage with more burn like pyroblast discovered and I want to try it so I craft Solia, and finally reno mage click with me! I have blast with this reno mage with more burn.. so I don't regret this craft.

I think that conclude for card that I want to get from MSoG, its a shame I don't get Raza but I think Reno Priest not offer that much different experience so I'm not craft it.

Shaku is wickerflame level too. Nice leg but not necessary. I guess after rotation Will see more play.

Solia Will be instant dust after rotation. Not worth crafting for me.

fertygo

Shaku is wickerflame level too. Nice leg but not necessary. I guess after rotation Will see more play.

Solia Will be instant dust after rotation. Not worth crafting for me.

Yeah Legendary that I want but not gonna waste effort to get it is Shaku, Raza and Finja

You on point about Solia but whatever its fun, and Reno deck in Wild gonna keep getting better

patchday

Some Epic:

Dragonfire Potion, I maybe craft one more too much but whatever still worth crafting if get urge/quest to play Dragon Priest
Dirty Rat, great utility card that run in most reno deck and even run in control warrior/shaman, I only craft one, really lucky to get another in pack
Rat Pack, I only get one from pack, I maybe had to craft another one because if Hunter made a comeback this card will be big part of it,

I've always run Hobbart in my Warrior since it's a fairly fun card and okay. Yeah White Eyes is likely polymorph/hex/entomb/dragon-operative bait. just thinking bout that card gets me triggered cause all thise bad shit has happened to me in the few times I ran him. Which caused me to stick to simple Aggro Shaman / Jade Shaman mostly.

Yeah I stopped opening MSoG packs weeks ago (Madam Goya was my stopping point). The non-meta legendaries I am missing are pretty much just filler cards atm but maybe after rotation something will get better for them to see play. Anyway been saving my gold like a madman.

just been playing a tiny bit each week to easily knockout quests. havent even done ladder much at all. I'm in a holding pattern waiting on the nerfs. Looking forward to a bright new meta (well a slightly different one). praying for the glorious return of my Tempo mage deck now that STB nerf went down.

Will be sad to see Ice Lance go. such BS

[edit] Inkmaster Solia has seen a lot of tournament play lately. After Rag rotates out I think we will see Midevh + Solia + Pyro combo maybe. expecting to see at least some streamers play it. But wait- Reno rotates out too so nvm. Guess the medivh + pyro + solia possibility is just too much RNG to be effective on the regular

For the longest time I thought Ragnaros was saying, "Fight Fire with Fire!".

His actual line is cool but I think my imagined one would be rad if your opponent had a Ragnaros on the board already.

Pooya

hobart giving hand info is a huge deal in pirate warrior, have arcanite reaper or not? it changes how you play against it and that's a very big downside. Your hand size is small so the opponent can reliably tell what cards you have.

wiibomb

hobart giving hand info is a huge deal in pirate warrior, have arcanite reaper or not? it changes how you play against it and that's a very big downside. Your hand size is small so the opponent can reliably tell what cards you have.

wait, does hobbart give hand that info? I thought only minion buff mechanic did.

patchday

Yeah I definitely wouldn't craft Hobbart (I got him from a pack). I just think it's fun to swing giant weapons at people's face. definitely more effective cards to put into his slot.

still looking forward to the nerfs coming up though. Would like to drop pirate cards from my Rogue and anxious to run Tempo mage a bit more. The STB nerf will be a slight boost to the deck

wait, does hobbart give hand that info? I thought only minion buff mechanic did.

I've never seen anyone else play Hobbart so Idk. I feel like I'm the only guy in Hearthstone that plays that card

Tomcat

Yeah Legendary that I want but not gonna waste effort to get it is Shaku, Raza and Finja

You on point about Solia but whatever its fun, and Reno deck in Wild gonna keep getting better

I think finja past rotation Will see even more play. It's a great card and very fun. Already seeing play outside of anyfin paladin.

For solia if you play wild yeah it's a good choice. But there are So many great cards in wild!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just got tree of lifed against a Jade druid when I had a northshire cleric on a full swiped board and he was at 7. Milled like 4 cards.

Still won. Suck it Jade druid.

Speaking of which I still need to craft fandral to give Jade druid a shot. I also somehow never opened a Jade idol.

fertygo

Hobart doesn't give hand info afaik. It plays a general animation that affects everything.

Its does, this giving info thingie also glaring weakness for minion handbuff

"oh look, those multiple yellow glow, guess I'm saving my dirty rat + shadowflame!"

Dahbomb

Just checked it (actually took a while since it's hard to find footage of Hobart played against the video maker) and yeah it buffs like the Goons.

Well guess we gotta put more people on blast then (including myself).

This also means that if you top deck a weapon it gives info too (or if you don't top deck it).

wiibomb

Just checked it (actually took a while since it's hard to find footage of Hobart played against the video maker) and yeah it buffs like the Goons.

Well guess we gotta put more people on blast then (including myself).

This also means that if you top deck a weapon it gives info too (or if you don't top deck it).

oh shit, really???? who thought that was a good idea? the card goes with a terrible downside because of the handinfo...

I didn't know about this, that actually makes hobart a rather bad card

Dahbomb

It's weird to me because I don't think Mistcaller gives info despite being the exact same mechanic. Again I could be wrong here.

squidyj

oh shit, really???? who thought that was a good idea? the card goes with a terrible downside because of the handinfo...

I didn't know about this, that actually makes hobart a rather bad card

the idea of giving info to your opponent is actually kind of cool but hobart isn't strong enough to warrant the effect sadly.

Dahbomb

Just checked it, Mistcaller does NOT give info despite being an identical mechanic. At least it didn't based on the videos I saw from TGT, maybe they retroactively added the Goons buff to it in MSG.

Shaman technically had the Goons mechanic all along!

wiibomb

Just checked it, Mistcaller does NOT give info despite being an identical mechanic. At least it didn't based on the videos I saw from TGT, maybe they retroactively added the Goons buff to it in MSG.

Shaman technically had the Goons mechanic all along!

I remember clearly my opponent playing mistcaller in several brawls and it doesn't give any info.

That makes hobart even more stupid

Arjen

I think finja past rotation Will see even more play. It's a great card and very fun. Already seeing play outside of anyfin paladin.

For solia if you play wild yeah it's a good choice. But there are So many great cards in wild!

I tried Kibblers priest finja deck. Havent had the best success with it on ladder, but i imagine it will be a lot stronger after the nerfs, but its a cool deck to play.

Tomcat

I tried Kibblers priest finja deck. Havent had the best success with it on ladder, but i imagine it will be a lot stronger after the nerfs, but its a cool deck to play.
Check that murloc shaman kolento was playing. And murloc warrior and rogue.

patchday

well Pirate Warrior running Hobbart mulligans for first mate, STB, and Hobbart. So opponent won't see any weapon in hand getting buffed anyways. but no one is really going to run the card even if it didnt reveal the info cause its so slow unless they just want to have fun like me

the idea of giving info to your opponent is actually kind of cool but hobart isn't strong enough to warrant the effect sadly.

Hobart is on my pirate list but he rarely or never did anything significant. I think he would be a much better ultra rare because you could put 2 of them in the deck and that could generate some serious value. Especially considering the downside of revealing weapons in your hand.

TankUP

There's a Developer QnA livestream later today... in about an hour or so. Anyone going to be watching? I'm not really excited because I feel like they said everything they need to say in the two big announcements last week, but maybe there'll be something newsworthy to come out of it anyway.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
There's a Developer QnA livestream later today... in about an hour or so. Anyone going to be watching? I'm not really excited because I feel like they said everything they need to say in the two big announcements last week, but maybe there'll be something newsworthy to come out of it anyway.

Im always iterested on some B Brode but you shouldnt expect any announcements.
These (Awesome) streams are more about communicating design decisions than announcing new stuff.
Will watch of course (Or at least listen to)

My ladder experience:

At the start of the month, I was facing a lot of Reno decks, at rank 20. It wasn't fun.

Recently, it's diverged a little more. I've faced only one Pirate Warrior deck, some C'thun decks, only a couple Shamans, surprisingly a few Hunters (Starving Buzzard/Tundra Rhino/Hyena with Unleash/Alleycat/Rat Pack is a thing), one Reno Dragon Priest, and one Dragon Priest which I thought was Reno.

If this meta has taught me anything it's that people are very very bad with Renolock (and Reno decks in general) when playing against Control Warrior. I don't think they understand the concept of NOT drawing cards.

wiibomb

If this meta has taught me anything it's that people are very very bad with Renolock (and Reno decks in general) when playing against Control Warrior. I don't think they understand the concept of NOT drawing cards.

In my experience, as renodecks are my favorites of this meta, is that I try to draw a lot to out-value my control opponent, I usually end up in a very comfortable position between kazakus potions and removal for an eventual Dirty Rat + Bran/Doomsayer/MC Tech

Dahbomb

"Are you going to unnerf Blade Flurry and move it to Hall of fame?"

Mike Donais - LUL NO! (paraphrased of course)

Blizzard definitely seems on board with unnerfing Molten Giant though mostly because they feel that high burst combos will exist in Wild that make OG Molten Giant balanced in Wild.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I bet there's few things in this game that makes something angrier than dragon priest pulling an anyfin to beat them.

But boy is that fun to do.

Taking away damage to face is a big enough nerf to blade flurry. The cost increase is just asinine.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They're currently discussing if the rate of meta change isn't fast enough internally as they feel by the 3rd month of each expansion, people feel things are too stale. They're considering more frequent nerfs, even more frequent card releases, and "maybe even some other crazy things."

Or, read another way, three expansions per year might not be the final implementation of card releases.

One thing that took them by surprise over time was that players get very fast at reaching optimal decks due to being a digital game, the size of their audience, and very popular deck sharing sites compared to physical games where this stuff is less accessible.

Dahbomb

Top 3 most played classes in Wild have a lower win rate than the actual best class/deck.

OMG here they go again with the Rogue and tricky class...

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??????

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Great Q&A so far, they're replying really good questions.

Also: "Doing crazy stuff and then nerfing" is a huge change of philosophy. #TeamBrode

Top 3 most played classes in Wild have a lower win rate than the actual best class/deck.

OMG here they go again with the Rogue and tricky class...

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??????
IM PANICKIN' NOW!!!!
Rogue had many failed archetype experiments: Pirate, Coins Deathrattle, Stealth... whats one more! ;)

I bet there's few things in this game that makes something angrier than dragon priest pulling an anyfin to beat them.

I dunno, people have gotten preeeeeeeetty mad when I've beaten them with their own Tirion.

EDIT: Ben explaining literally the exact thing I said about PTRs for new cards right now (i.e. it will never happen), but confirming that it's something they'll think about for mid-expansion nerfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom