• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not surprising. Day[9] is a entertaining guy but has never really been dedicated at anything except maybe StarCraft 1. Him having bad opinions is probably the least surprising thing. To me at least. Looking forward to the videos Zealous!

Yeah I wouldn't recommend anybody watch his card review. He's occasionally very entertaining in it, but despite the fact that he says his stated goal is to be the most interesting card review, it's actually pretty hard to watch at times. There's a lot of "I don't know" and waffling. Jumping around different cards and being all over the place. But it's kind of fun that when he's wrong, he's very wrong.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
If you are 4 cards behind in fatigue, have minimal resources, and know the other person has a reno and kazakus portion, just concede.

Dahbomb

Yeah Day 9 is an entertainment/casual streamer, not someone who takes HS particularly too seriously. I don't think it matters much that he got a few cards wrong, that's to be expected.

Mulgrok

Doing surprisingly well with hunter at rank 10 with 66% win rate over 12 games so far, but I think it is just because late in the season the competition is easier.

Against shaman sure. But that's most things.

Most things still stand a chance against Shaman, but priest can get a nut draw and still lose handily.
Jaraxxus isn't a good matchup either from my experience, so where are the good matchups?

Also as far as I'm aware, which isn't much, no one is bringing Priest in competitive, even Pally is seeing some amount of play.

The biggest issue from playing against Priest a bunch is that they have no burst, nor good AoE the other Kabal classes have access to.The class is just predictable.

fertygo

Most things still stand a chance against Shaman, but priest can get a nut draw and still lose handily.
Jaraxxus isn't a good matchup either from my experience, so where are the good matchups?

Also as far as I'm aware, which isn't much, no one is bringing Priest in competitive, even Pally is seeing some amount of play.

The biggest issue from playing against Priest a bunch is that they have no burst, nor good AoE the other Kabal classes have access.The class is just predictable.

They farm Mage. actually they not bad against Shaman they struggle more against pirate warrior

ScribbleD

Jesus christ almighty. That was excruciating. He got deep into the tournament playing some wonky anti-meta decks, and threw two different miraculous comebacks away in two different games.

ScribbleD

There's a lot of stuff in there that looks silly due to hindsight bias, but holy hell at some of underrating of SBT.

The other egregious one is Reynad gushing over greater arcane missiles. I can see thinking it might be good, but better than Firelands Portal and being an auto-include? Yeesh.

Dahbomb

It's amusing to see the different kind of mistakes people make that show up in this kind of compilation. Some of them are contextual in a way that is pretty forgivable -- like, unless you can correctly predict the overall power level of the Goons mechanic you're likely to overestimate all the cards that interact positively with it, even if you correctly identify how good they are in a vacuum.

(On the other hand, I can't even with Greater Arcane Missiles.)

squidyj

committing that squire for no reason was such a mistake. that squire could have pushed the 1 point of post-jaraxxus damage to provide lethal.

B787 is the least bad player, I hope he wins.

Dahbomb

Seen as a whole they still got a majority of the cards right as they usually do. Reynad really only messed up on two cards and he had sound reasoning for both of them. Greater Arcane Missiles could in fact be super annoying in a Tempo Mage deck as a finisher but the exaggeration on it was over the top by Reynad.

sgjackson

picked up hs arena after quitting around the end of tgt. been working on getting the fundamentals down again, but I just ripped off this. covered cards are big-time racketeer, drakonid crusher, entomb, and two bog creeper.

ugUd5ig.jpg

this is the best deck i've ever drafted in a card game (dozens of magic drafts and hundreds of hs arenas). bout the only things i'd change are swapping one of the lesser fives and the ironforge rifleman for twos, because the only games that were remotely close were the ones where i stumbled to three.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's amusing to see the different kind of mistakes people make that show up in this kind of compilation. Some of them are contextual in a way that is pretty forgivable -- like, unless you can correctly predict the overall power level of the Goons mechanic you're likely to overestimate all the cards that interact positively with it, even if you correctly identify how good they are in a vacuum.

(On the other hand, I can't even with Greater Arcane Missiles.)

I definitely could have been harsher on people for Grimy Goons than I was. I didn't put anybody on blast for any of the Paladin cards. Didn't put anybody on blast for Dispatch Kodo or Rat Pack. Nothing on Grimey Gadgeteer or Grimestreet Pawnbroker either. The first part of the video is less about Trump's rating of Don Han'Cho and more about his statement of there being no aggressive cards. I really do think a lot of these cards are quite powerful and that they are being pushed out of the meta because of the pirate package. But Trump went hard enough in on the Grimy Goons mechanic in hunter that I thought it was worth putting up there, since it looks like that package isn't even the best hunter deck, nevermind whether or not the meta is suppressing it.

fertygo

Vs Pirate warrior, got Reno in mulligan, beat me down to low in very not ideal position even after Reno

Draw ice block at 3 HP and shuffle Reno with Manic Soulcaster, DRAW reno straight at that next turn lmao

Sheroking

My opponent stares in disbelief at my mighty ABOMB, which I included in my deck for no other reason than to imagine a Pirate Warrior saying 'what the hell...?'.

Very next game play my Control Warrior opponents own Golden Monkey against him on turn 7, and force to concede on turn 9.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
DrakOp is one of those cards that just feels bad to play against.

Tons of fun to play yourself though. Grabbing anyfins, jaraxxus, fireballs etc is just fun.

The biggest issue is the bonus to showing up they get from netherspite.

DrakOp should have not been a dragon.

peakish

DrakOp is one of those cards that just feels bad to play against.

Tons of fun to play yourself though. Grabbing anyfins, jaraxxus, fireballs etc is just fun.

The biggest issue is the bonus to showing up they get from netherspite.

DrakOp should have not been a dragon.
It's the reason I stopped playing dragon priest tbh. It just becomes stupid, especially in mirrors where it's all netherspite into drakop into drakop into brann + drakop for the entire game.

Miletius

Managed to catch the AP Winter Champ finals as I was going to bed last night. When did Japan get so strong -- 3 guys in the top 16 with an eventual winner. Did the scene there blow up or something?

Pooya

Japanese client only launched about a year ago, so yeah. They're pretty good at card games in general and they are very popular, nothing surprising there.

squidyj

Managed to catch the AP Winter Champ finals as I was going to bed last night. When did Japan get so strong -- 3 guys in the top 16 with an eventual winner. Did the scene there blow up or something?

strong is not what I would call the competition at HCT APAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom