• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Lifecoach exposed the fact that playing hearthstone 12 hours a day for months and months and months can get to be unpleasant.

Dahbomb

That means they do have the capability to change the stats on the server side without pushing out a client patch. The TECHNOLOGY has been with us all along.
No, they had to patch it for Undertaker too. This is going to be a patch as well because it will be including the Arena changes as well along with other stuff (probably the next set of Tavern Brawls).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Somebody actually commented on my video "Solia only shows up in Reno Mage".

Uhhhhhh.....

JesseZao

BREAKING NEWS:
Card Leak?

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CZL3glU.png[/IMG]

Apparently you get it through a new quest mechanic in-game. I called this months ago.

Fake or not. I think it'd be a cool concept. Found my post from March 2016:

Seeing as how Discover was well received, somewhere down the road, I could see them expanding it with a meta gaming angle.

"Discover a Quest"

Quests would be conditions you meet in a game after playing the card that gave you the quest.

They could be things like:
"Destroy three minions in one turn",
"Play five cards in a turn",
"Survive for 5 turns",
"Empty your hand",
"Have four taunts on your side",
Etc.

The rewards could depend on the quest or be determined by the quest giving card. You could get a coin, discover a card, destroy a minion, heal, etc.

I feel like this sort of metagaming is inevitable as a lot of established card games tend to add something like it.

It would tend to be a slow strategy, but could be tweaked. I think it could bring another interesting angle to games. They could even do a promo card that gave you dust or gold as its quest reward if played in standard.

Anyone else think this would be fun?

Dahbomb

Card Leak?

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CZL3glU.png[/IMG]

Apparently you get it through a new quest mechanic in-game. I called this months ago.

I would not trust any card "leaks" right now. We usually get a group of fake/blurry/off screen card "leaks" before expansion time.

And I just read that card effect.... yeah that is 200% fake. That's the most powerful card in the game. Unless it's like a Guardian that you get from White Eyes where it's actually part of another, weaker card.

Tagyhag

While an in-game quest mechanic sounds cool in theory, I could NEVER see it working in a game like Hearthstone.

Because either A) They don't want Hearthstone to be a complex game, and that's too much for beginners to think about and B) You'll be long dead before you finish that quest.

Dahbomb

While an in-game quest mechanic sounds cool in theory, I could NEVER see it working in a game like Hearthstone.

Because either A) They don't want Hearthstone to be a complex game, and that's too much for beginners to think about and B) You'll be long dead before you finish that quest.
So basically like Elise.

I much prefer the final result to be this card versus the Monkey which turns end game control match ups into a clown fiesta.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Come on, there is no way thats real. There is zero downside.

Unless you are saying its another White Eyes/Storm Guardian deal. Than I could see it.

Edit: Ok, reddit is saying you play a card, the card gives you task of some sort (Play 5 Priest Cards, use your hero power 5 times, something like that), and once you complete the task, you get OP cards added to your hand.

Even still, that card alone seems pretty broken.

The requirements would have to be extremely steep I'd think.

I guess if that card ends up becoming a thing then Alexstrasza probably becomes quite a bit more relevant.

And I just read that card effect.... yeah that is 200% fake. That's the most powerful card in the game. Unless it's like a Guardian that you get from White Eyes where it's actually part of another, weaker card.

Yeah this is thoroughly believable as a token created by something else (or an Adventure-exclusive card) but hardly as a deckable one.

I mean, they say it's going to be announced Monday so we'll find out soon enough.

Also, just spit balling but, since it's name is "Warden of Hope" maybe each class will get a Warden with a similar mechanic. Assuming it's even true of course.

bjaelke

has power level that screams "i'm a token"
has a golden legendary icon in the middle of the card
:thinking:

200px-The_Storm_Guardian%2849774%29.png

Pooya

well, yeah. they're removing all the burst damage in the game and print that shit at the same time? It would be doubling down on current problems, your deck either wins in 5 turns or it's a reno deck, or infinite jades, just extremes and nothing flexible in between.

Pooya

shaman is going to be broken after rotation even unless new cards powercreep over their existing class cards... which is probably Blizzard's solution to shaman....

Jadax

If that 'upgraded reno' card turns out to be legit then the upcoming expansion is going to be the stupidest thing ever.

ZealousD

That card looks like the kind of shit some priest player came to in a wet dream.

This stuff is easy as hell to fake guys. Don't believe any leaks.

I'm thinking fake. Nothing in the game currrently lets you have over 30 Health, and I don't really see a reason for them to start that now. Also, even though the card image is super blurry, there doesn't appear to be a set symbol behind the card text. Even a token would have that.

ZealousD

I've seen fake leaks that used a video. I've seen fake leaks that threw in vanilla taunt minions that barely looked like passable arena cards. There have also been real leaks, but sometimes there's no way to separate leaks that are real from those that are fake. And I don't even think we've had legit leaks since GvG. Better to ignore all the so-called "leaks" and assume that they're all fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom