• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

I've seen fake leaks that used a video. I've seen fake leaks that threw in vanilla taunt minions that barely looked like passable arena cards. There have also been real leaks, but sometimes there's no way to separate leaks that are real from those that are fake. And I don't even think we've had legit leaks since GvG. Better to ignore all the so-called "leaks" and assume that they're all fake.

Either way, we're presumably getting some real info today.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They did promise (paraphrase) very strong and exciting class specific healing after Reno Jackson rotated out.

I wonder if she'd start as Moon Priestest Amara and then you rank her up all the way to this. Kind of like Jades, but more akin to a character leveling up in WoW.

Pooya

I just don't like all these guided experience cards they've been adding and if that's true that sounds more like jades and c'thun and things like that. They are pretty bad for the game and deck building creativity. So you just have to play pirate package, jade package or whatever package, because they're too strong, they build themselves too so when you play jades you just limit yourself a lot pretty much, all of them feel the same. Game used to be much more flexible, we had good cards you could build your deck however you want not the way Blizzard wants.... They made grim patron for example, there were tons of different patron variations just first week and it continued to change over months. Now? Jade druid, pirate warrior, they've been around since day 1 of expansion without much change.

gutshot

If that is real, that is a really odd background. Sky blue? In the past, the real leaks were shots of the card in the Collection Manager.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They did promise (paraphrase) very strong and exciting class specific healing after Reno Jackson rotated out.

I wonder if she'd start as Moon Priestest Amara and then you rank her up all the way to this. Kind of like Jades, but more akin to a character leveling up in WoW.

They said healing should be a stronger part of Paladin's class identity. Control Paladin is in a really bad spot right now. It's Anyfin or nothing right now and that's going to get dropped in the rotation. Paladin needs a heal minion as good Jinyu Waterspeaker or even Priest of the Feast. Ivory Knight and Ragnaros Lightlord are pretty good but come awfully late. I think Paladin could really use a new board clear as well, everything relies on Consecration and Pyro+Equality. It's like trying to play Priest when all you have is Holy Nova and Auchenai+Circle.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They said healing should be a stronger part of Paladin's class identity. Control Paladin is in a really bad spot right now. It's Anyfin or nothing right now and that's going to get dropped in the rotation. Paladin needs a heal minion as good Jinyu Waterspeaker or even Priest of the Feast. Ivory Knight and Ragnaros Lightlord are pretty good but come awfully late. I think Paladin could really use a new board clear as well, everything relies on Consecration and Pyro+Equality. It's like trying to play Priest when all you have is Holy Nova and Auchenai+Circle.

Yeah, I'm expecting a lot of good Paladin stuff too around healing.

This is also the set that's best to set up good healing in for the rest of the two year cycle, since it will ensure that all the classes that are getting healing have those tools, and players can start collecting them early.

Crosseyes

Banned
Yknow what Rogue could use for their healing? A weapon that gives a life-drain type effect. A keyword like that in general could help stave off aggression.

I think a big lesson for the devs to learn is that to try and slow down a meta you need real effects that slow things down on turn 1-3. Cool effects past that will always be too little too late.

Why not a 1 cost 0/4 minion with text that when a character declares an attack it gets dealt one damage. Can disrupt early game but also leave open cool combo options if dropped later on with minions that synergize with taking damage.

wiibomb

Yknow what Rogue could use for their healing? A weapon that gives a life-drain type effect. A keyword like that in general could help stave off aggression.

I think a big lesson for the devs to learn is that to try and slow down a meta you need real effects that slow things down on turn 1-3. Cool effects past that will always be too little too late.

Why not a 1 cost 0/4 minion with text that when a character declares an attack it gets dealt one damage. Can disrupt early game but also leave open cool combo options if dropped later on with minions that synergize with taking damage.

healing on rogue is strictly against Team 5 idea on the rogue identity, don't expect it.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
healing on rogue is strictly against Team 5 idea on the rogue identity, don't expect it.

"Rogue identity" whatever that term means. We do have a lot of examples of what Team 5 thinks ISN'T the rogue identity. But they don't really ever say what IS part of it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So far, the general class identities regarding healing have been:

Hunter: None
Rogue: None
Mage: Secret-based Armor/Survival
Warlock: Poor Healing
Shaman: Moderate Healing
Druid: Moderate Armor and Healing
Paladin: Great Healing
Priest: Great Healing
Warrior: Great Armor

Note: I could see the argument that Druid has very strong healing, but while the heals are large, I feel they're often not the greatest mana cost in the world.

Dahbomb

Rogue's identity used to be the combo class.

That has gotten nerfed repeatedly to the point where it's not an identity of the class anymore. Other classes can do better combos at this point.

It used to be tempo class too but that got nerfed as well and also continues to get nerfed.

It used to be the stealth class but then they nerfed Master of Disguise and Conceal.

It used to be the burst class but then they nerfed Bladeflurry. Now they have decent burst at best, not even better than Shaman or Mage in that regard.

Rogue doesn't have heals, board clears (it did have them with Bladeflurry and Dark Iron Skulker but that's getting taken out too), statted minions, buffs, taunts, chargers, windfuries, good weapons, weapon buffs, good hard removal (still relying on Assassinate since god damn Basic era),

They have mediocre draw, mediocre value cards, mediocre stealth cards, mediocre deathreattle cards and mediocre burst. Their actual draw options are Fan of Knives and Sprint... they have to rely on neutrals like Auctioneer/Drake/Thalnos to draw. With Conceal and Drake gone, they are severely hurt in the draw department too.

They have a "combo" mechanic but their combo these days is usually just a glorified Battlecry or condition. There is no real synergy among all the combo cards save for Vancleef.

Probably their biggest strength is their ability to cheat mana for tempo especially now that they have Counterfeit Coin. It's like a less stable but more aggressive form of mana acceleration where they can dump their hand and get an advantage but if it gets answered they auto lose the game. That's not a healthy mechanic to design the class around. They also have a strong tempo removal in Sap. But again, these mechanics are hard to balance around and get out of hand too quickly if you give them support. So this is not the identity that Blizzard is willing to pursue.

Blizzard wants tricky, deathrattle, "stealth" and pick pocket Rogue to be a thing. By Tricky they most probably mean the type of Rogue that likes to bounce cards around from their hand via stuff like Shadowstep, Shadowcaster and Ferryman. Deathrattle Rogue always kinda flounders because of the lack of defensive options and a lot of their strong deathrattle minions are leaving Standard soon (Anubarak, Unearthed Raptor and Tomb Pillager). Pick Pocket Rogue is successful only in making people salty, it should never really be a competitive tier 1 deck or else the community would riot harder than when they rioted against Shaman and Yogg. Stealth is something that they want to do clearly with the more recent cards but it's just going to be another minion tempo/curve deck where Rogue will play stealth minions on curve and get some synergy going. It's not really fun and interactive to deal with a board full of stealthed minions so Blizzard can't make this too strong either.

Blizzard

Banned
That's probably what people feel like doing after playing in the current meta.

That double meaning.
Or maybe it's how he feels after everyone complaining constantly. It must be draining to interact with a large community like that.

But yes it's Un'goro crater. I hope the actual crater is lush and green rather than bare and brown. Someone posted a lush screenshot earlier I think.

C5sP_F9WYAEoEuJ.jpg:large

Dahbomb

It's clearly meant to be jumping into the Ungoro crater ie. the new expansion and looking forward to what the new expansion will be card wise and mechanics wise.

But the framing of the shot and his choice of words along with the current state of the game... man it could've been said better is all I am saying.

Dahbomb

That Volcano spell....

......................................................................................

Well I can't complain it doesn't hit face at least.

Dahbomb

That Mage Legendary card....

It looks pretty mediocre but it has the Elemental tribe now. I guess that's a thing in this expansion.

Oh shit they made all the previous Elementals into Elemtental type now! Even that Rumbling Elemental.

Ragnaros and Anomalus are now Elementals too.

JesseZao

The leak was real! Sweet!

Elemental tribe
Adapt: minion discover self-buff (from pool of 10)
Quest: Legendary spell! always appear in starting hand and shown on portrait once played. Reward in hand once satisfied.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
and the first fucking card is a random one

fuck me

Pooya

priest card was legit btw, crow served.

I guess ragers will get elemental tag, I wonder how relevant that will be, maybe they try to make them playable to make a point about buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom