• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

I guess people really thought they were going to do some work with Jade Druid after the nerfs.

I'm 8-2 vs. Druid today, so I'll take it. Kind of scary pulling lethal when they have 4 10/10+ creatures on board lol

Edit:

Well I ended up hitting rank 3 before the reset. Kind of interesting climbing without a bunch of the regular decks showing up. Maybe next month will be a good time to try for Legend.

Blizzard

Banned
Just before the cutoff, I finally hit rank 15.

Fittingly, I did it by beating a Shaman. Was I skilled? Nope, they just happened to roll the taunt totem about 6 out of 8 times. 5-6 of those were in a row. I guess RNG gives and RNG takes away.

Mulgrok

Just before the cutoff, I finally hit rank 15.

Fittingly, I did it by beating a Shaman. Was I skilled? Nope, they just happened to roll the taunt totem about 6 out of 8 times. 5-6 of those were in a row. I guess RNG gives and RNG takes away.

I just lost to a shaman that got the totem he needed every turn. Only reason he won.

EDIT:
What's your list? I wouldn't mind trying this out.

cXP5RcJ.png
61% win rate across 23 games. Better than my other paladin decks.

EDIT2: weapons made me die faster to face decks, and they kept getting oozed against control.

Dart

Dammit, I forgot march 1st was today... I was at rank 7 too :(

Could have taken advantage with the nerf live too, feels bad

Ladekabel

Since they announced the nerfs I bought 10 MSoG packs to get Buckaneers for dust. Didn't get a single one. Instead I got three legendaries (Finja, Shaku, Goya). I ain't even mad.

Atram

My Game crashes on iOS (Iphone 6S) the first 7 turns when the oponnet plays a Card (after turn 7, everything is finde). Redownload it 4 Times, problem stays...someone else with the same problem?

sgjackson

His hunter deck is really terrible. I wonder how he could've won the 1st game.

i got matched up against his priest deck from about 2 hours ago (which seemed pretty solid)

here’s a link to the vod https://www.twitch.tv/videos/125511978?t=08h55m45s

made three pretty dumb mistakes:
-this one's more minor but i think skulker contests the board better as a 4/3 than a 3/4 and i should have saved alchemist or used it on the hogrider before skulkering.
-redaggered before hitting face (this is when i oops emoted lol)
-should have blown fork earlier to get some extra dagger pings

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My Game crashes on iOS (Iphone 6S) the first 7 turns when the oponnet plays a Card (after turn 7, everything is finde). Redownload it 4 Times, problem stays...someone else with the same problem?

It's when you tap their card. Just stop tapping it until they patch it.

Kunohara

i got matched up against his priest deck from about 2 hours ago (which seemed pretty solid)

-this one's more minor but i think skulker contests the board better as a 4/3 than a 3/4 and i should have saved alchemist or used it on the hogrider before skulkering.

Hey cool, I was actually watching that game this morning before going to work. I was wondering why you made your guy able to be pained instead of keeping it at 4 attack. That anub really screwed him up though. It was the first arena game I watched after the patch, and seeing so many legendaries and epics and golden cards was really weird, heh.

sgjackson

Hey cool, I was actually watching that game this morning before going to work. I was wondering why you made your guy able to be pained instead of keeping it at 4 attack. That anub really screwed him up though. It was the first arena game I watched after the patch, and seeing so many legendaries and epics and golden cards was really weird, heh.

yeah that was a mistake. if i remember right i was contemplating using either bomb squad or shadow strike+dagger (don't remember which, might have been both) or the honestly kinda lame skulker play I went with because i figured i couldn't afford the face damage. i hadn't fully thought the skulker play through when i hit rope and the alchemist was a last minute tempo inclusion.

scarlet

Indeed. His priest deck is solid. Congrats on the win.

wiibomb

I like a lot amazon's coin service, I really do, but it is really frustrating having to wait so much for a patch.

I'm still playing pre-nerf STB and I'm still waiting for the patch

EDIT: and just when I said it, the patch arrived... okay

scarlet

How many gold do you guys have now?

I have 2200 gold and 600 dust

Hoping can get at least 1500 to reach around 3500-4000 gold for un'goro just by doing quest in March. I'm not even grinding gold in casual anymore cuz I'm tired seeing pirate.

wiibomb

I have 2200 gold and 600 dust

Hoping can get at least 1500 to reach around 3500-4000 gold for un'goro just by doing quest in March. I'm not even grinding gold in casual anymore cuz I'm tired seeing pirate.

having been saving since around mid january, I have now about 3300 gold, may be I have enough time to get to 4K before the expansion hits.

I have 2200 dust, but I used a lot to craft a golden sylvannas before the rotation comes.

scarlet

If I dust my rotated legendaries I could get around 6800 dust including hall of fame. So around 4 un'goro legendaries.

Year of mammoth is gonna be so expensive.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

155 Gold (I always float at least 150 for arena)
4445 Dust
6615 Dust in excess cards

I probably won't start saving gold for the expansion until I get my next MSG legendary and reset the pity timer for MSG.

I've got 2500 gold as I usually start saving it up so don't have to buy the new Adventure with real money, but as it's expansions only from now on I guess all gold is good for is card packs and Arena runs.

160(ish) dust. Recently crafted a couple of things so it took a hit.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I've never saved up gold because I was missing so much from classic that it seemed pointless to do so. But I'm at a point where I'm only missing a few epics and legendaries that I care about, so opening more classic packs doesn't really give me much of anything besides dust.

So I'm currently at 90, guess I will save up until the release and probably also preorder.

I have 3000 dust on hand currently and will get the 3500ish from the rotation.

I'm looking for a new deck to play after playing a lot of an Evolve Shaman deck I took to rank 11 last night (my best so far). I have a couple of Mage decks and a kind of crappy Dragon Priest deck (no Twilight Guardian). Looking for something fun to play that can do well against the current meta and maybe something that's not super common. I have enough cards from various active sets to make viable versions of most archetypes.

Any suggestions?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm looking for a new deck to play after playing a lot of an Evolve Shaman deck I took to rank 11 last night (my best so far). I have a couple of Mage decks and a kind of crappy Dragon Priest deck (no Twilight Guardian). Looking for something fun to play that can do well against the current meta and maybe something that's not super common. I have enough cards from various active sets to make viable versions of most archetypes.

Any suggestions?

Tempo mage is doing OK right now. Get your flamewaker play in before rotation.

wiibomb

Any suggestions?

for mage you can try the Secret Mage variant, I assume you don't have enough cards to try a Reno Mage variant since it does need a lot of cards and a lot are very expensive.

Also, for any dragon deck you need Blackrock Mountain or it could be very weak, so you might consider having those cards first, Dragon Priest is kind of a Tier 2 deck right now, not as good as the main ones, but still good enough to have fun. Drakonid OP is essential right now for that deck

Tempo mage is doing OK right now. Get your flamewaker play in before rotation.

Thanks. I like Mage (have been messing around with a Secrets Mage for goofs and its a lot of fun) so may look for a Tempo Mage deck.

for mage you can try the Secret Mage variant, I assume you don't have enough cards to try a Reno Mage variant since it does need a lot of cards and a lot are very expensive.

Also, for any dragon deck you need Blackrock Mountain or it could be very weak, so you might consider having those cards first, Dragon Priest is kind of a Tier 2 deck right now, not as good as the main ones, but still good enough to have fun. Drakonid OP is essential right now for that deck

Thanks. I do have BRM (and all of the other Adventures currently in Standard play), which is how I made an OK Dragon Priest. I also have a Reno deck but to be honest I hate playing against that card and also hate using it, mainly because it often lengthens each match.

I've never really played Druid so I might look for a Druid deck also.

Edit: This is the Secret Mage i'm using. Any suggestions for upgrades?

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/739117-rank-20-5-aggro-midrange-secret-mage

Just got counter-Deathwing'd in Arena for the first time in well over 1000 games - that's increased Legendary frequency for you. Thought I'd been baiting him into playing out his hand so I could blow everything up... only to find out he'd been doing the same thing.

wiibomb

Hey so i heard something about sylvannas being redeemable for her full dust value, did i miss that boat?

No you're going to get full dust automatically after rotation, no need to disenchant. Same for ragnaros azure Drake and a few other cards.

yeah, and if you don't have any of those, you should craft it right away since they are basically free when they rotate out and you get the full value of them without disenchanting

No you're going to get full dust automatically after rotation, no need to disenchant. Same for ragnaros azure Drake and a few other cards.

yeah, and if you don't have any of those, you should craft it right away since they are basically free when they rotate out and you get the full value of them without disenchanting

Thanks guys :) Yeah i have drakes and Sylvannas, not enough dust for anything else though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I have 5300g and change
and like 1700 dust.

After MSG released I spent everything I had and bought some packs and then immediately began saving again. I'll probably pre-order the Un'Goro thing and then spend all my gold again. I dunno if I'll need to buy much more after that but we'll see, I guess. Then repeat the process over again.

YO! That BBrode track below is actually pretty hilarious. It's no Grand Tournament or Blackrock Mountain (dat production value), but it's clear he spent some time on that beat and did it outside of work to make people happy. It's a good try and actually made me laugh at one point.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
12k gold
32k dust, should be like 40k dust after hall of fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom