• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Having sick games on ladder right now.

345k037.png

squidyj

hmmmm, opponent played fireball fireball pyroblast pyroblast over 3 turns in arena.

grrrreat

next game my opponent at 2 hp plays firelands portal giving him hallazeal into fucking potion guy for a dragonfire potion that destroys my board next turn givng him full health

oh fuck off with this bullshit

joelseph

I finally started a second account and am keeping it strictly F2P. I am having way more fun playing on this account than my regular one. Win or lose, I find it much more rewarding playing under powered decks. Taking basic classic cards and a few packs of jank and beating complete meta decks feels goood.

I finally started a second account and am keeping it strictly F2P. I am having way more fun playing on this account than my regular one. Win or lose, I find it much more rewarding playing under powered decks. Taking basic classic cards and a few packs of jank and beating complete meta decks feels goood.

MMR.

wiibomb

these are the daily rewards datamined:

Day 1: 50 Gold
Day 2: 1 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Pack
Day 3: 100 Arcane Dust
Day 4: 1 Old Gods Pack
Day 5: 1 Journey to Un'Goro Pack
Day 6: 50 Gold
Day 7: 1 Journey to Un'Goro Pack
Day 8 - Day 14: 50 Gold

they are really good, except they only run for a week, so they are basically useless unless they continually give them out

Footos22

Welp, guess I won't be playing for a while. Cleared loads of space on my phone and stoll doesn't have enough space for update. Fucking blizzard. Why so big.

luoapp

Welp, guess I won't be playing for a while. Cleared loads of space on my phone and stoll doesn't have enough space for update. Fucking blizzard. Why so big.

Try uninstall first? The patch doesn't increase the size much, but it needs some space to unpack.

MrDenny

I always have to delete the app and redownload it, so it actually fits onto my phone.
Sucks owning a 16gb phone.

wiibomb

I was really expecting something continuous, not a 1 week thing, as I said before, with 3 expansions now on a very stingy game, it doesn't seem good at all in a long term

Dahbomb

these are the daily rewards datamined:

they are really good, except they only run for a week, so they are basically useless unless they continually give them out
That's pretty damn good, almost 7-8 packs worth of dailies.

Almost makes up for the lack of free cards for Ungoro but this is good.

It's not really sustainable for Blizzard to have that level of dailies forever but I think a smaller margin of daily log ins. Something like if you log in daily for a week you get a pack and then every day you get a small amount of gold/dust (let's say 10 gold/dust).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Ever since Hearthstone launched, Blizzard increased the gold output of quests, gives out one extra free pack each month from tavern brawls, started doing sales on packs as preorder incentives, gives out free gold cards every month if you play ranked, is now offering full disenchant value on some cards being rotated into wild without having to even disenchant the card (I'm getting about $100 worth of free arcane dust because of this), and now we're getting an extra $10 worth of free incentives just for signing in each day prior to an expansion launch....

but Blizz is being stingy and this is totally going to hurt in the long run?

wiibomb

That's pretty damn good, almost 7-8 packs worth of dailies.

Almost makes up for the lack of free cards for Ungoro but this is good.

It's not really sustainable for Blizzard to have that level of dailies forever but I think a smaller margin of daily log ins. Something like if you log in daily for a week you get a pack and then every day you get a small amount of gold/dust (let's say 10 gold/dust).

I was expecting something like that, may be 20 gold or dust daily, but this is kind of disappointing, specially seeing we only get 2 Un'goro packs

It's higher than normal but if it only lasts for so many days then it's not amazing either. Just an example of convenience but paladins gives away a bit more than 1usd per 7 days of just logging in. So over time it adds up to quite a bit more than that.

I think hearthstone is pretty generous, but it has sort of earned a reputation for being expensive and harder to get started into.

wiibomb

Ever since Hearthstone launched, Blizzard increased the gold output of quests, gives out one extra free pack each month from tavern brawls, started doing sales on packs as preorder incentives, gives out free gold cards every month if you play ranked, is now offering full disenchant value on some cards being rotated into wild without having to even disenchant the card (I'm getting about $100 worth of free arcane dust because of this), and now we're getting an extra $10 worth of free incentives just for signing in each day prior to an expansion launch....

man... of course it is going to hurt to players who can't afford to throw money at the game every expansion, my co-worker literally stopped playing because of how stale the game became without new cards. He is now playing something else that can give him more for his time

Do you really think a 1 pack every 2 days work (counting the average of gold per day) with 3 expansions is enough to continually play?

In fact, it isn't hard to know, just look at the other F2P games and how they manage free content, daily log in rewards are common, it shouldn't be so hard for HS.

this is a good video about it by noxious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BoqqCBltJQ

Dahbomb

Blizzard increased the amount of cards needed for the year so it's only natural that people expect more gold coming their way as well.

I think out of all the card games I have played, Shadowverse has been the most generous with their pack give outs. Just from the free packs and promotions I was able to make a top tier deck full of Legendaries/Epics and do well with it on their Ladder.

HS has been improving in terms of giving out gold but it has also been putting out more content. A while back we got 2 adventures and an expansion in a year sometimes, if you were free to play you could afford that even with less gold to work with. 3 expansions is a lot more gold/dust to get but luckily.... only a few of the cards are actually playable per expansion so just wait until the meta settles, use your gold to buy some packs and then dust the bad cards for the good ones.

A lot of people just don't save up their gold for next expansions. You should've started saving up for Ungoro a month ago but it's still not too late to start. If you start saving now you can have a few thousand saved up easily by playing a bit every day for the quests. With the dailies and the gold saved up, you may have enough currency to get all the good cards in the expansion and be "competitive" on ladder. This is how it's been throughout the history of HS.

Shadowverse is extremely generous.

Man, if I started saving up for Ungoro a month ago I would have only bought a few packs from the previous set! I've hardly got anything from it!

When I look at my card collection, I am still missing all but 4 class legendaries in this game after consistently playing for a year and spending over $100. Someone playing every single day should be able to acquire most of an expansion, and that's not the way it is now - I wouldn't call Blizzard generous by any means when it comes to this game.

JesseZao

So we get full DE dust for claws and STB...are they going to do the free full dust starting with the hall of fame cards and moving forward or will they still only offer full DE dust for nerfs? I wish they'd just switch to the free dust method so it doesn't encourage hoarding dust in duplicates.

Either way, dusted my from packs golden STBs.

wiibomb

So we get full DE dust for claws and STB...are they going to do the free full dust starting with the hall of fame cards and moving forward or will they still only offer full DE dust for nerfs? I wish they'd just switch to the free dust method so it doesn't encourage hoarding dust in duplicates.

Either way, dusted my from packs golden STBs.

they only work for the Hall of Fame, not for normal nerfs, and even in the future we really don't know if we will get the same treatment as we are getting with this rotation to the Hall of Fame

I think maybe instead of removing conceal they should have made it 1 copy max in deck. Could have done the same with blade flurry or other sort of high power cards needing adjustments, sometimes at least.

Dahbomb

I think maybe instead of removing conceal they should have made it 1 copy max in deck. Could have done the same with blade flurry or other sort of high power cards needing adjustments, sometimes at least.
That's some Yugioh shit right there!

Like they could've done that with Mysterious Challenger back in the day too and that would've been a legit nerf to it.

MrDenny

As a f2p player it sucks not being able to play a variety of decks.
Last expansion I saved up enough to open about 50 packs, was unlucky and only got 1 legendary, patches.
Only had enough dust to craft one legendary so I crafted aya.
Been stuck playing only shaman this past expansion.
I hope they keep the login rewards in some form or maybe they can slightly increase the chances of receiving legendary cards in packs to incentivize the more causal hearthstone audience.

Blizzard

Banned
Last expansion I saved up enough to open about 50 packs, was unlucky and only got 1 legendary, patches.
I hope they keep the login rewards in some form or maybe they can slightly increase the chances of receiving legendary cards in packs to incentivize the more causal hearthstone audience.
I guess it depends how many players pay. If even someone like me who was F2P ($5) pays $50 for the expansion, and most people are the same way, Blizzard won't have much interest in keeping casual people playing. People will continue to pay without even getting the cards they want -- see the example above about someone spending $100+ and still missing a bunch of legendaries.

peakish

Made it to rank 10 (which is pretty good for me, I accept that I'm not a particularly good player) with ten minutes to spare with my RenoMonkeyPriest. Had a pretty good evening, only one midrange shaman and two jade druids who were the biggest problems for me. Final boss was a discardlock, which was a refreshing matchup as far as aggro goes, hah.

Wait a minute, does the season end tonight? Can't remember seeing any messages warning about it and everything feels unusually calm.

E: Nevermind, got it.

rahji

Exactly my situation only that I saved gold for about 35 packs and got mayor noggenfogger out of it. I really think Blizzard could do more for the casuals with the log in rewards.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Three more minutes until I get golden far sight

Hell yes

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Those rewards seem very generous. As a person who has been playing mobile gatcha games recently (Fire Emblem), this is quite a lot of value for just logging in for a few days. Which let's face it everyone in this thread is probably already doing anyhow.

luoapp

Yesssssss! There is a god! Thank you based Blizzard!

Patch was less than 10MB vs downloading a whole new client.

So, what pirate use now on turn 1?

Same, thank you Blizzard.

wow this is so good! I really hope they continue to do this instead of downloading the whole client again.

I also hope amazon follows with the same update

Are you guys sure about that? I needed to download a 1GB+ patch inside the client after that 10MB patch from the market.

Yeah it patched super fast from the Play Store but after booting up the game I had to download a lot. I think they just did what a lot of other programs do nowadays: small installer, unpack and download later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom