• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Wow. This guy just played Patches turn one in Arena, then followed up with one of the best turn twos you can possibly have.

I just conceded turn three.

I might be queuing into people with new arena mechanics at this point.

T36lbFh.png

8wU6svh.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Wow. This guy just played Patches turn one in Arena, then followed up with one of the best turn twos you can possibly have.

I just conceded turn three.

I might be queuing into people with new arena mechanics at this point.

Premature, you totally could have stolen his 3/4 on turn 10. That is value you can't just turn down.

Blizzard

Banned
Playing jade druid, I almost got destroyed by a post-patch pirate warrior using patches and small-time buccaneer. I even used 16 armor but he ate through it. I mulligan'd 3 going second and still didn't get ooze in my top 17 cards.

He had fiery war axe, arcanite reaper, bloodsail cultist, TWO kor'kron elites, small-time buccaneer, and mortal strike in his top 11 cards.

He surrendered on turn 10 when I had 2 HP. I guess he ran out of instant damage cards once I got two taunts up, wow.

patchday

This game was insane.

His board is from deathwing dragonlord. My board is from brann, shadowstep, shadowcaster combos. And they say jade is the only deck with infinite jades... lol. I played jade spirit like 10 times.

Yeah it's been down pretty much all day. Wow you go all out Jade-- with Jade Swarmer and all. Haven't run Jade rogue much at all still.

Sheroking

I'm just using the rank floors to auto concede against any deck i don't feel like playing against. Fine with me.

hmmm...

If I was rank 5 with no stars, I think I'd auto-concede against every Druid. I've only ever played a Dragon-less Reno Priest this season up to Rank 3 and that match is fucking impossible.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
As a person with money, I just hope the new cards are good. I have no problem putting down decent money for 3 expansion a year, but the expansion have to actually be good. The next expansion already feels a bit weak, unless they are hiding a few key mechanics.

Quests I feel are going to try and hamfist archtypes too much, I like build around cards, but I'm think Quests may be overdoing it.

Adapt is cool, but its not a mechanic I feel would be fun to build the entire expansion around. I imagine playing against a full on Adaptation decks would be frustrating.

Maybe I'm being a bit too cynical, since they have only showed off a grand total of 5 cards. The Elemental synergy could be a lot of fun, and there should be a few smaller mechanics that could be enjoyable.

Dahbomb

Adapt isn't a build around mechanic, it's a general mechanic like Discover and Battlecry. You don't build a deck around Discover, you just happen to use some good Discover cards. Adapt will be the same, some Adapts will be better than other.

On paper that 4 mana 5/4 Adapt your Murloc is potentially broken for Murloc decks. It's like a vastly superior Mechano Bot for Murloc decks and that card was playable in Zoo.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah if they're going to create a build around archetype it'll be Elemental. I imagine they'll push it hard in Shaman and Mage.

Lost an Arena game against someone with Haunted Creeper so pre-patch players are playing post-patch ones.

Also, look at this Shaman curve in Arena:

Turn 1 Pass
Turn 2 Maelstrom
Turn 3 Argent Horserider
Turn 4 Jade Lightning
Turn 5 Flametongue, Feral Spirit
Turn 6 Jade Spirit
Turn 7 Jade Chieftain
I concede

Dahbomb

Lost an Arena game against someone with Haunted Creeper so pre-patch players are playing post-patch ones.

Also, look at this Shaman curve in Arena:

Turn 1 Pass
Turn 2 Maelstrom
Turn 3 Argent Horserider
Turn 4 Jade Lightning
Turn 5 Flametongue, Feral Spirit
Turn 6 Jade Spirit
Turn 7 Jade Chieftain
I concede
Basically didn't play anything from turn 1 to turn 2. That's like a massive improvement over current meta where someone drops an overstatted 1 drop going first and snowballs from that.

The Jade synergy is definitely a bummer though but that was the whole purpose of these Arena changes which was to give incentive to synergy drafting.

prepatch decks will be sniping you people for at least a week. last arena nerfs, i held out on a deck for almost 2 weeks and got double digit wins because i did lol. jumping into new drafts now is a very poor decision. always save a knockout draft when arena nerfs get announced.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I tried my hand at an arena run, had to settle for priest, ended up with a crappy late game deck (with two drakops that i actually managed to activate in all my games) and went 2-3 because I'm terrible at it.

But got a Kun off my pack and broke even on gold so I can't complain.

Old arena decks aren't necessarily better than new ones.

I tried my hand at an arena run, had to settle for priest, ended up with a crappy late game deck (with two drakops that i actually managed to activate in all my games) and went 2-3 because I'm terrible at it.

But got a Kun off my pack and broke even on gold so I can't complain.

Old arena decks aren't necessarily better than new ones.

ehhh, i held on to a double flamestrike mage deck with piloted shredder....it's most definitely better than the average standard draft. anytime there's arena nerfs you should hold onto the next draft you get before the nerfs that takes advantage of the nerfs, it definitely is a ticket to a high win run. honestly it shouldn't be allowed but it is so whatever.

Blizzard

Banned
I tried a little more ranked and faced an obnoxious renolock deck with my single legendary deck.

Sylvanas. That didn't work. They killed Sylvanas to -5 my entire board for wipe.

That didn't work, Reno to heal back to 30.

That didn't work, Kazakus to turn my entire board of large jade minions to sheep.

That didn't work, Twisting Nether to wipe my entire board, and Doomsayer to prevent followup.

Elise, second quest card, attempt to draw with only 6 left, but they didn't get the monkey.

I was still able to drop 3-4 jades of 10+ HP each and they surrendered at that point. Ridiculously long game.

wiibomb

I'm finally now making some progress with renolock with the C'thun variant (I don't have the cards of the combo).

I'm still losing a lot (pretty sure I'm at less that 50% winrate).. I don't really know why

Blizzard

Banned
How long do you think it will be until people start realizing they can sneakily sell paid smurfing services ala League of Legends to get someone to rank 15/10 etc.?

clav

Cheap casuals are supposed to learn to love arena.

Haven't played for a while, and constructed meta still seems really dull after watching some games.

Basically didn't play anything from turn 1 to turn 2. That's like a massive improvement over current meta where someone drops an overstatted 1 drop going first and snowballs from that.

Turn 1 Zombie Chow
Turn 2 Power Drop
Turn 3 Clear
Turn 4 Power Drop/Clear
Turn 5 Power Drop
Turn 6/7 GG

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I thought people generally complained about low-level ranked play being bad, frustrating, net-decked, etc.? It's easy to keep yourself at low rank by just conceding occasionally.

Decks and players are better the higher in ranks you get. Without question.

Blizzard

Banned
I have seen Brann Kazakus Sylvanus Ysera and/or Reno in 3 out of 4 ranked games in a row, at freaking level 16. I cannot WAIT for the rotation.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Captain's Parrot actually got a minor buff. Its tutor effect now counts as a card draw, so you can double it up with Chromaggus.

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah and risk someone deleting all of your collection LOL!
There's always a risk someone will steal or get your account banned with any MOBA boosting person, I'd assume. One would imagine that it would hurt their reputation and you'd have this weird underground market of boosters who don't get people banned yada yada.

Dahbomb

I played a few games of Arena and I feel this new Arena is a lot better than the previous one. At least on initial review, it overall feels better and games are longer for sure.

Kripp is going to shower it with praise because the changes help his playstyle more.

I have no idea what the Standard meta is like right now, but I am playing Totem Shaman (with Wicked Witchdoctor and Djinni), and I am having fun and ranking up. This did not work well prepatch (too slow)... maybe it is just the fact the patch made a few people come back and they are out of practice.

luoapp

According to Dahbomb's summary of Lightforge's arena prediction

Their overall class ranking:

Rogue on top with Mage and Warlock within the same tier.

Big gap to the next set of classes.

Hunter and Shaman next tier.

Priest Paladin Druid in the lower middle.

Warrior at the bottom.

we will see...

One thing for sure, you get to draft a whole bunch of common and rare cards.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was a scumbag and just continued to play Aggro Pirate Shaman till I got to rank 10.

I only played 7 games, and went 6/7. The nerfs definitely hurt, but I'm not sure its actually enough. I think the deck is more fair though, especially Spirit Claws (Though I also think Spirit Claws is still playable). Majority of the games went to turn 7 and 8.

Also, some poor mage played Dirty Rat/Doomsayer, pulled a Flamewreathed Faceless, and I then played my second Flamewreathed Faceless, and kill off both his Dirty Rat and Doomsayer using the magic of Tunnel Trogg.

Then I played 3 games of Enrage Warrior in Wild. It's such a bad deck, but since I usually pull it out in rank 20+ of wild, the thing tends to come up with stupid wins.

I hope Blizard prints a new Enrage card this expansion. Dinosaurs and Enrage are a good combo!

Mulgrok

Dragon paladin with smuggler's runa nd grimestreet outfitter instead of weapons seems to work pretty good. Doesn't help against opponent's getting perfect curve, but then nothing does that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom