• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

I was thinking other must-kill cards for Pirate Warrior is usually stuff like Mana wyrm, tunnel trogg, etc. Basically any low health minion that can be played early and can go exponentially. Also flamewaker.

Now that tempo mage is back some slightly more difficult decisions await pirate wars on ladder. It kind of just reinforces my older post-- low health minions with high attack values can become big threats due to constant and consistent pressure. Last night was watching ApxVoid play tempo mage and even he commented how silly his opponent was for bypassing Mana wyrm (even tho he had fiery war axe). The opponent ended up having to deal with mana wyrm very next turn

It might be a value thing.

It seems like a "waste" to use Lightning Bolt, Frostbolt, War Axe, Wrath, Shadow Word, Backstab, etc. to kill a 1-drop when it's sitting at 1 attack and there are bigger threats on the way. So you leave it and spend your resources on the other minions while it just snowballs because that 1-drop becomes stronger and stronger.

Mulgrok

Putting Devolve in my Jade Shaman deck was a mistake. Concealed Auctioneer turned into White Eyes.

a shaman devolved one of my handbuff paladin's boards and the minions became 2x bigger than the buffed ones were. Went from maybe having lethal to way over lethal. He conceded instantly.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Means it's super easy to climb ranks since you can't fall past each floor. I didn't really notice what a difference it made when they introduced it because I had finished my climb long ago.

That has almost zero impact on any reasonable climb.

So I just played a golden face hunter in wild who played Malchezaar. Trash ranks wild players seriously put Malchezaar in every single possible deck.

Kunohara

That has almost zero impact on any reasonable climb.

So I just played a golden face hunter in wild who played Malchezaar. Trash ranks wild players seriously put Malchezaar in every single possible deck.

This one really baffles me. So many wild players put Malch in. Why? What is it about wild that makes people do that? The amount of times I've seen it, and have seen other people comment on it is amazing.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
This one really baffles me. So many wild players put Malch in. Why? What is it about wild that makes people do that? The amount of times I've seen it, and have seen other people comment on it is amazing.

I think for lots of people it's because they want to play around with all the wild legendaries without crafting them combined with the fact that wild ranks 16-20 is the greediest meta in the history of the game.

But putting it in a face hunter is just irrational.

Tagyhag

They probably want to have fun with their decks instead of playing every other deck that everyone else plays.

Kunohara

I guess people don't give a shit about their wild rank. I just find it funny.

Also, pro tip for zoo players, kill the flamewakers. Believe me, if you don't, you will lose badly. I had two on board and managed to clear their whole board and have lethal.

I'm telling you, facing so many renolocks and druids is making me happy. I'm 25 wins away from golden mage so I've been playing alot of tempo mage and these wins are coming pretty easy.

Sheroking

I would be very optimistic about the future of Hearthstone if it weren't for Jade Druid.

That deck is going to be a cancer IF they don't introduce powerful aggro cards in Un'Goro, and I really don't want powerful aggro cards in Hearthstone anymore.

They really need to drop the shuffle option from Jade Idol.

Shifting shade or shredder in nzoth priest? I almost feel like shifting shade is better.

If you're in a control or value match-up, Shade is better. It's going to give you a better card on average and you can hill roll to an easy win.

Shredder is better against anything that requires you to fight for board.

I would be very optimistic about the future of Hearthstone if it weren't for Jade Druid.

That deck is going to be a cancer IF they don't introduce powerful aggro cards in Un'Goro, and I really don't want powerful aggro cards in Hearthstone anymore.

Jade Druid would have been fine if they had rotated Auctioneer. With Auctioneer it's a super fun but also obnoxious deck.
Even other jade decks have to resort to racing it.

This is what I'm running right now
QdMwjj6.png

Tagyhag

Hah, that's the problem with the deck. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The whole point of the Standard system is so they wouldn't balance themselves into a corner, yet they keep doing it.

Ladekabel

Trying to play Control Warrior to get those people who're still running STB and Patches. Lost to them because I didn't drew Ravaging Ghoul, Revenge or Brawl in the situations I needed them. After three losses they threw me a Freeze Mage. I took that win but with disgust.

In other news: Still doing Druid Quests with plain old Malygos Druid without Yogg and after winning some games thanks to Auctioneer it makes it even more baffling that that card isn't going to the HoF.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Aggro will always be in the game and it will always be powerful. Zoo or Hunter can easily pickup the slack if pirates fall out of favor.

Hah, that's the problem with the deck. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The whole point of the Standard system is so they wouldn't balance themselves into a corner, yet they keep doing it.

I think the point of the standard system is so they don't have to worry about expansion cards staying around in the meta forever. This impacts balance because they don't have to keep one upping themselves over each previous expansion to add relevant cards.

Jade is fine. People talk about jade druid like it's some power house of a deck but in reality it's one of the slowest decks in the game and any tempo or even aggressive midrange deck can beat it. And it's still not that slanted against control, just control decks relying on fatigue as a primary win condition (sometimes sole win condition).

Raxus

Aggro will always be in the game and it will always be powerful. Zoo or Hunter can easily pickup the slack if pirates fall out of favor.
I also find any tempo/midrange to be pretty strong against jade as well.

The new adapt cards seem to be a shot in the arm mid-range needed.

Sheroking

Night and day different between Zoo and Hunter and Pirate rushdown.

Jade Druid has 4 big taunts, 2 swipes, 2 Wraths, 2 feral rages and develops more than one thing in one turn once it gets to turn 4-5. Zoo is almost certainly going to lose that match-up - especially with Power Overwhelming gone and their ability to trade up compromised.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Night and day different between Zoo and Hunter and Pirate rushdown.

Jade Druid has 4 big taunts, 2 swipes, 2 Wraths, 2 feral rages and develops more than one thing in one turn once it gets to turn 4-5. Zoo is almost certainly going to lose that match-up - especially with Power Overwhelming gone.

It's quite favored towards zoo according to vicious syndicate.

Sheroking

It's quite favored towards zoo according to vicious syndicate.

The most important Zoo card in the game isn't going to be there post rotation. They're going to, what, run Blastcrystal? How else do they get past 3-6 taunts that spawn minions or 5-10 taunts? They can't make a token do 6 damage anymore.

I'm not even sure Zoo will be viable in a vacuum without it right now tbh. The early game control cards actually have gotten better. The sheer existence of Maelstrom Portal and Volcanic Potion nerf that deck immensely to begin with and now their ability to trade up AND their burst is strongly compromised?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The most important Zoo card in the game isn't going to be there post rotation. They're going to, what, run Blastcrystal? How else do they get past 3-6 taunts that spawn minions or 5-10 taunts?

I'm not even sure Zoo will be viable in a vacuum without it right now tbh. The early game control cards actually have gotten better. The sheer existence of Maelstrom Portal and Volcanic Potion nerf that deck immensely to begin with.

Zoo doesn't even run PO right now. When it's played it tends to be discard build.

Sheroking

Zoo doesn't even run PO right now. When it's played it tends to be discard build.

Discardlock and Zoolock are two different decks in my mind.

I can see Discardlock working against Druid, but I'm not sure it's very good in general. Maybe with Reno being rotated out, but right now it seems like ass.

Point is right now it's going to take a tier 1 aggro deck to keep the Druid population down and stop control decks from being entirely marginalized. That sucks ass IMO.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Discardlock and Zoolock are two different decks in my mind.

I can see Discardlock working against Druid, but I'm not sure it's very good in general. Maybe with Reno being rotated out, but right now it seems like ass.

Point is right now it's going to take a tier 1 aggro deck to keep the Druid population down and stop control decks from being entirely marginalized. That sucks ass IMO.

Midrange, combo and tempo decks compete very well with Jade druid.

Nachos

Is it a great idea to be crafting non-refundable legendaries right now, with the expansion only a month off?

I'm sitting on ~3000 dust right now, don't have Ragnaros, but do have Aya/Kazakus/Patches. I'm also not a big fan of most of the older cards' golden animations, but kind of want a golden legendary for novelty's sake.

wiibomb

Is it a great idea to be crafting non-refundable legendaries right now, with the expansion only a month off?

I'm sitting on ~3000 dust right now, don't have Ragnaros, but do have Aya/Kazakus/Patches. I'm also not a big fan of most of the older cards' golden animations, but kind of want a golden legendary for novelty's sake.

you could make golden sylvannas or raganros for 3200 and wait for the rotation to get the dust back

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Aw yeah

This time I can play..

You shouldn't though. No one should ever compete in this Heroic Brawls unless you are planning to spend tons of gold on cards in a few weeks. Save that gold! Buy packs it's a much better deal unless you can be nearly certain to get 9+ wins.

But hey, that's just the F2P player in me. Everyone can do whatever they want.

In regards to heroic brawl, there is simply too much rng involved in a game like this to risk that much, assuming you're conservative with your spending. Even if you build a perfect tier 1 deck, bad opening hands and mulligans along with the usual discover and Rag rng can 0-3 you. I wish they made it something like you have one week to reach 50, 75, 100 wins with no way of being eliminated. Though I realize this is just a gold dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom