• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
god, arena is SO much more boring now. so exciting seeing second rate bruiser every game. i miss the 'unpredictability' over this stale cracker it's become.

fertygo

You shouldn't though. No one should ever compete in this Heroic Brawls unless you are planning to spend tons of gold on cards in a few weeks. Save that gold! Buy packs it's a much better deal unless you can be nearly certain to get 9+ wins.

But hey, that's just the F2P player in me. Everyone can do whatever they want.

I'm not buying current pack anymore so I can afford at least one run (I currently had 2000+), I've been waiting for this because I'm confident can get high run at least once, if thing goes bad in first run I just stop there

scarlet

I'm not buying current pack anymore so I can afford at least one run (I currently had 2000+), I've been waiting for this because I'm confident can get high run at least once, if thing goes bad in first run I just stop there

Go go go.

What deck are you gonna use? Renolock/mage?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I went 11-3 last time, but I really am not feeling it with this one. Don't think I have any deck that would work well in the Heroic Brawl.

having mass dispell show up 12 times every time i draft priest sure is making arena more interesting

why didn't they do something worthwhile, like idk, maybe stop having weapon buffing minions show up in non weapon classes like priest.

Finalow

I laughed out loud when he said "people like cards similar to Babbling Book because they don't put as much pressure (as the broken overstatted 1 drops we love to make)" right, who doesn't love some rng clown fiesta. how about good 1 drops which are not OP and are also not random. my wild guess is most people probably prefer that.

LOL curious timing there Blizzard...
curious indeed. it's almost like they want you to spend gold before the expansion hits!

it's almost like they did the same exact thing before MSoG!

.. it's standard again, which means another shamanstone heroic brawl. pass

manhack

Arena mage plays turn 4 kazakus, turn 5 potion, turn 6 blizzard, turn 7 Flamestrike, turn 8 Flamestrike. I was like "what the hell?!?!"

I still won because I had a cutpurse live until turn 5 lol

So after the new patch, meta is still not that great. The nerf to STB wasn't that significant and pirate still unbelievably strong unless you have the perfect curve/answer.

fertygo

So many Tempo Mage, why I craft Harrison then >_>

Tempo mage in 2017 with Kazakus Mage so much better tho EleGiggle, rank 10 already farming those jank deck

Dahbomb

So after the new patch, meta is still not that great. The nerf to STB wasn't that significant and pirate still unbelievably strong unless you have the perfect curve/answer.
I mean... Patches still makes whatever 1 drop Pirate you play kinda busted. That wasn't going to go anywhere.

He's still in charge. But I think the nerf has been effective in slowing the game down enough the Midrange Shaman is the best deck and Tempo Mage is returning in order to counter it. It's like a mix of Karazhan and MSG meta, where separately they were awful metas but combined you at least have more variety.

Can't believe how much RNG has been fucking me over recently.

First game I play today, tempo Mage plays Barnes on turn 4 and it pulls Antonidas with coin and Mirror Image in hand.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just won a local 9-person tournament at a Fireside Gathering. Got about $50 worth of assorted Gift Cards from the sponsors.

Somehow it was my Miracle Rogue deck that carried me to victory. Was undefeated with that deck.

fertygo

I'm not sure about tempo mage replacing aggro shamy place is better tbh

Tempo mage is a lot dumber than aggro shaman

Its a lot weaker too tho

Mulgrok

by the time the paladin can play those buffed 1 mana minions they have already lost the game or are so far behind on the board they will never get control.

EDIT: that is why i like my handbuff dragon paladin deck. Don't even bother with 1 mana minions.

Dahbomb

Just won a local 9-person tournament at a Fireside Gathering. Got about $50 worth of assorted Gift Cards from the sponsors.

Somehow it was my Miracle Rogue deck that carried me to victory. Was undefeated with that deck.
Congrats!

Even if it means just another cancer aggro deck to plague ladder?

Yeah, not sure how I feel about that.
At least there's different flavors of cancer now. Warlock getting in on the action with their Discard Zoo decks too.

Point is, I'm tired of dying on turn 6/7. I've been dying on turn 6/7 for years now. I want something different and it seems like something different never comes.

Every expansion and every nerf we do the same shit where we try and pretend like the meta is going to slow down like if we believe enough it might actually happen. It never does though of course.

I mean, here we sit. Control Warrior is dead. Control Priest is dead. Control Paladin is dead. The only shred of control left is based completely around a single card and only because it's just strong enough to combat aggro.

Shit, maybe I just need to hang it up for a while.

Edit: Anyway, something positive for a change. Decided to try Arena for the first time in about 2 years on account of the changes. Actually enjoying myself so far, though I'm on my fourth Warlock in a row.

Edit 2: Fifth Warlock in a row. Suddenly I'm not really enjoying this much anymore.

Edit 3: And my first Arena run in 2 years ends at 2-3 after facing 5 Warlocks and a Mage with a 12 win deck. Fun.

sgjackson

ripped off another 12. it's way too early for me to judge this but i feel like the new meta accentuates my strengths as a player and hides my weaknesses. i'm bad at aggro but i'm solid at janky control decks, and the new meta forces everyone into playing the slow value game. hidden cards are grim patron, psych-o-tron, corrupted seer, master jouster, bog creeper, and firelands portal.

krO6yNV.jpg

Point is, I'm tired of dying on turn 6/7. I've been dying on turn 6/7 for years now. I want something different and it seems like something different never comes.

Every expansion and every nerf we do the same shit where we try and pretend like the meta is going to slow down like if we believe enough it might actually happen. It never does though of course.

I mean, here we sit. Control Warrior is dead. Control Priest is dead. Control Paladin is dead. The only shred of control left is based completely around a single card and only because it's just strong enough to combat aggro.

Shit, maybe I just need to hang it up for a while.

Edit: Anyway, something positive for a change. Decided to try Arena for the first time in about 2 years on account of the changes. Actually enjoying myself so far, though I'm on my fourth Warlock in a row.

Edit 2: Fifth Warlock in a row. Suddenly I'm not really enjoying this much anymore.

Edit 3: And my first Arena run in 2 years ends at 2-3 after facing 5 Warlocks and a Mage with a 12 win deck. Fun.

I am still piloting control warrior quite comfortably. Got up to rank 10 soon as the season reset. There are a lot slower decks now due to the shaman nerf. Cthun control also still works somewhat with a few sideboarded pieces.

It's not as dominant as earlier metas but it is still my favorite style of deck as a blue/white player.

wiibomb

hmmm.. somehow the ladder experience is a liiiitle bit better for me, it seems the prominent meta decks were not so prominent yesterday and I was able to get to rank 15 at night.

Since I usually end up ladder at that rank, I might be tempted to get again to rank 10, like last season

Pooya

pirate warrior isn't that great against jade druid, I haven't lost to a single one today. Depends on your build, many ways to build jade druid, I'm still trying to figure out, I don't think there is a optimal list yet, some play rag, some play emperor, some don't play spirits, raven idol in some. So far I think I definitely want raven idols, it gives you a lot of flexibility, makes fandral better and it's great with gadgetzan. If dragon priest is more popular I don't think ancient of war is any good. You're already weak to pain, you don't want to be weak to death too.

the list g2 guys were playing had 2x mulch no roots, I think that's probably best approach.

Curious how the ideal Spell Jade Druid will turn out. I'm not playing spirits but Roots have been pretty good.

Can't win at all today no matter the deck back 2 ranks already. Losing against the weirdest decks as well, I've faced 2 priest playing entomb.

This doesn't seem possible. Are you a brand new player? What decks are you using?
I feel like I'm getting terribly bad luck. I'm using good decks (Jade Shaman, Dragon Priest, Aggro Shaman, and others) but just getting awful matchups and bad draws. I lost 9 games in a row last night, including a few games to some truly awful decks that looked like they were slapped together in minutes.

I made it to Rank 14 last month without even playing very much but my luck so far this month has been abysmal.

Kind of glad Ice Lance is rotating out.

I play around the first Flamestrike, realize later it's not Reno so I have to survive a second one (and do so), build my board back up, threaten lethal.

He plays the following:

Kobold Geomancer x2
Freezing Potion
Ice Lance x2
Fireball

Kills me from 20HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom