• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

manhack

Been blowing some gold on my F2P accounts with arena runs. I haven't played as much arena as most people, but it does seem to be different. The increase in the number of spells is certainly creating some insane swing turns that I wouldn't typically expect.

Kabal Courier is another card that is providing for bizarre interactions. Typically opponents are picking board clears, so you need to play around that for sure. Just had a full board wiped with Pint-sized potion into Shadow Word horror. Dragonfire potion would of done about the same work, but oh well.

I usually average 4-5 runs and I seem to be on par with that. Still need to figure out the best way to draft and it should be fun to play some more when the new set comes out.

luoapp

Been blowing some gold on my F2P accounts with arena runs. I haven't played as much arena as most people, but it does seem to be different. The increase in the number of spells is certainly creating some insane swing turns that I wouldn't typically expect.

Kabal Courier is another card that is providing for bizarre interactions. Typically opponents are picking board clears, so you need to play around that for sure. Just had a full board wiped with Pint-sized potion into Shadow Word horror. Dragonfire potion would of done about the same work, but oh well.

I usually average 4-5 runs and I seem to be on par with that. Still need to figure out the best way to draft and it should be fun to play some more when the new set comes out.

The priest is rather interesting now, dragonfire potion and potion of madness are definitely things to watch out for, oh, get ready for entomb. Basically, expecting a bunch of rare priest spells coming your way.

manhack

The priest is rather interesting now, dragonfire potion and potion of madness are definitely things to watch out for, oh, get ready for entomb. Basically, expecting a bunch of rare priest spells coming your way.

Yeah at 7 wins with my Hunter draft and the last priest played Blizzard from courier, Shadow Word Death from scarab, Blast Crystal Potion and then entomb. I only managed to win through some lucky deadly shots and a good Kooky Chemist. Getting to late turns against a priest is scary if you can't keep board.

Hunter seems pretty strong especially if you can curve out early game. A lot of decks seem to be a bit slower so you can put the burn damage in early.

bjaelke

Been offered 6 epics in the same draft. That's a first. All of them premium cards that have been carrying me so far.

Carried indeed.

xf9LiKh.jpg

manhack

Just got my 1st 12 win Arena while playing on my EU account. I was only at 11 wins on my main account.

Got some insane starts towards the end. Only lost to a crazy priest deck. Flare was awesome against the onslaught of mages.

MC Tech stole a game from a paladin who had 3 1/1's and a 6/6. Guess what I stole. He emoted the whole game after that.

I also had 2 Krakens.

scarlet

I'm 3-15 today in casual. RIP my gold.

1-8 was me playing freeze mage, just because it's dying. The only win I had as freeze mage was against druid.

Blizzard

Banned
I just had a Reno mage Yogg cast Vanish, allowing him to play a second Yogg, prolonging a needlessly long game even longer.

He still lost.

fertygo

Goes 13-2 with Reno Mage from rank 9 in past 3 hour to get rank 5 already, feels good man.. the new ranked floor help so much

Pooya

watching dog's stream, it's just pirate warrior back to back.

nerfs actually kinda helped it I think... shaman was keeping it in check, spirit claws was carrying a lot of weight.

what I don't understand is how this many people can keep playing that dumb deck for 3+ months.

fertygo

I seen so few shaman since nerf tbh, pirate warrior and Finja Rogue seem the most popular deck

But I don't believe Shaman now is not that good like some crazy pro said in tryhard streamer channel chat. its gonna back to dominate in second

still at rank 20, what the actual shitting fuck

I am seriously losing it, I don't know how this keeps happening. Every time I get on a losing streak and switch decks I get matched against exactly what needs to counter me endlessly. I know I am not this bad at the game. This fucking sucks and I'm so damn ready for a change in meta so at least every match doesnt feel the same

Blizzard

Banned

I am seriously losing it, I don't know how this keeps happening. Every time I get on a losing streak and switch decks I get matched against exactly what needs to counter me endlessly. I know I am not this bad at the game. This fucking sucks and I'm so damn ready for a change in meta so at least every match doesnt feel the same
That sounds like subconscious bias. Try taking a break for a few days, and/or recording every single match you play, and/or never switching decks.

Then you should be able to post some easy statistics, if e.g. you always see deck A when playing deck B, and deck B when playing deck C.

I'm having the same problem this month. To be fair I'm putting some artificial constraints on myself (no warrior or shaman at all, no standard Reno/Jade netdecks), but I really can't find anything to get me out of the rank 15 floor.

I got there with a Curator hunter though, that was fun!

It's actually kind of scary how good of a card Finja is. I hope to god they don't print any more good Murlocs any time soon.

what's a good meme malygos druid list? Not sure i see anything in wild that would add it so i'm guessing standard makes more sense?

i need to put malygos to use but i prefer regular freeze mage and i don't want to craft preps and van cleefe. or would wild warlock maly be better? darkbomb, soulfire (seems like it'd be risky often since can't always use two in combo anyway) anything else they can cheese well?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
what's a good meme malygos druid list? Not sure i see anything in wild that would add it so i'm guessing standard makes more sense?

If you're looking for memes, the Aviana+Kun list is the memeiest Malygos build you can make.

If you're looking for memes, the Aviana+Kun list is the memeiest Malygos build you can make.

tru, i don't have aviana or kun tho, i don't want to craft them not trying to spend any dust until the expansion, i think i'm done spending actual cash on this game lol

jdelxmd.png

made this smashes these jade druids. any improvements? most lists have double nourish but man shits expensive it's hard to drop 2 i think

Pooya

I was half expecting warleader to go to hall of fame, I guess it's not too late yet, they can come out next month with some last minute additions lol.

AndersK

Speaking of meme decks, the Purify priest someone posted a while back is doing work. Weather its rank 14 or 5, people just dont expect it. and it so easy to slam them in the face for 20+ when they don't feel like they have to remove your Eerie Statues.

Speaking of meme decks, the Purify priest someone posted a while back is doing work. Weather its rank 14 or 5, people just dont expect it. and it so easy to slam them in the face for 20+ when they don't feel like they have to remove your Eerie Statues.

Got a deck list?

I think Counterspell might be a great card, simply because no one expects it to be on of the secrets played. Just had a Warlock conceded on turn 3 because his Demonwrath failed. Managed to avoid lethal a few turns before that with the card as well.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I think Counterspell might be a great card, simply because no one expects it to be on of the secrets played. Just had a Warlock conceded on turn 3 because his Demonwrath failed. Managed to avoid lethal a few turns before that with the card as well.

It's really good when no one expects it. Sadly if it gets popular, people will play around it and then it will be worthless again. It's definitely fun to throw in there sometimes on a whim though

SO i'm at 0-0 in arena and the mage i'm playing has dropped kazakus. not once. not twice. but three times (and gotten the spells each time). this is what you people did to arena for complaining about wild cards -_- i get no shredders but mfers can drop 3 kazakuses, cause you know that's better and you can play around it and whatnot, too crazy having a large pool of useful cards for every class to pick from

ZZMitch

I just experienced the most amazing case of BM gone wrong for my opponent.

I am playing as Reno mage vs and astral communion druid (random, I know). He overwhelms me with big stuff eventually and has lethal but decided to left me live for 2 turns while spamming emotes. I assume his plan was to just kill me with hero powers eventually since I was almost at no health. Unfortunately for him I did not concede but instead managed to work the board state out so that on could clear his board with a Flamestrike and Volcanic Potion. I assumed he would just kill me with a swipe or something since I only had 2 health left but he actually had no direct damage in his hand and could only bring me to 1 with his hero power. The next turn I played my Reno and he was pretty much out of cards so he conceded. What a dummy

watching dog's stream, it's just pirate warrior back to back.

nerfs actually kinda helped it I think... shaman was keeping it in check, spirit claws was carrying a lot of weight.

what I don't understand is how this many people can keep playing that dumb deck for 3+ months.
The game is a combination of joyless grind and sense of obligation for most people. Might as well end it sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom