• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

_DrMario_

Just played my first Arena run since last November. Probably my last one until next November. I'll never understand what people see in that game mode.

I'm guilty of it, but I was doing quest :(

I get that but my point of view is, just play that shit in Ranked. It's already a top tier deck so you're more than likely going to get a few wins along the way anyway.

Edit: Ugh it just matched me with a Warrior playing only basic cards and was clearly new to the game. That feels so damn awful.

scarlet

I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

I get that but my point of view is, just play that shit in Ranked. It's already a top tier deck so you're more than likely going to get a few wins along the way anyway.

Edit: Ugh it just matched me with a Warrior playing only basic cards and was clearly new to the game. That feels so damn awful.

But it's easier in casual :(

So many C'thun deck in rank 20-19.

scarlet

I almost lose to a budget renolock

I was down to 1 HP cuz he played Jaraxxus. But he also gave me lethal cuz he was down to 15 and I had bloodlust and 3 minions left.

Was playing jade rogue. Got annoyed at auctioneer + conceal, as usual. They always have it turn 6 with coin vs me. Every time.

I switch to maly rogue and play against a jade rogue and smash with 10/10 van cleef. Justice.

Thank you.

I understand venting, but we could keep it a bit more civil. It's just a game after all.

inky

Play whatever cards you want in any mode where it is possible. It is ridiculous to shit on people for playing in a way you don't like unless it is something like vs matches with pre-agreed rules.

Pooya

yeah, blame the game instead if you want. I'm still baffled how people can play a deck that boring for a long time but I'm not going to insult the players. They didn't make that deck possible...

scarlet

Stuck at 17 with Jade shaman.

I've faced aggro shaman and pirate warrior only once today.

So many secret hunter, Reno mage, C'thun priest and Jade shaman.

Stuck at 14 for close to a week already. I just lost against a Pally who burned 1 of his murlocs because I barely drew any cycling whatsoever. Started with an Innervate in hand, ended with the innervate in hand.
I was ready to quite the game at multiple points throughout.

Dahbomb

I legit don't see any children playing HS. It's usually grown ass adults (or should be adults but they act like kids sometimes). Same for YGO which actually is marketed as a children's card game with a show aimed at kids to sell new cards. Kids these days play shooters like COD, CS and Overwatch.

I legit don't see any children playing HS. It's usually grown ass adults (or should be adults but they act like kids sometimes). Same for YGO which actually is marketed as a children's card game with a show aimed at kids to sell new cards. Kids these days play shooters like COD, CS and Overwatch.
Adults are too tired to put that kind of effort into their games.

scarlet

My 6 yo nephews love watching me playing HS. And sometimes they told me which card I should play based on the arts.

They love dragon priest, because dragons.

Kunohara

CCG - Children's card game. That's why most people call Hearthstone that (at least that's what I'd like to think).

Dahbomb

Well it was less about effort and more about the differences in tastes. Way more kids play faster games than slower, tactical/strategy based games. They see something like Hearthstone or DOTA and get bored, go back to their Overwatch. Except fighting games, that's like somewhere in the middle in terms of demographics.

No lie if I was my eleven year old self I would be playing Overwatch all day too. Way better art style than the military shooters.

CCG - Children's card game.
Collectible card game. Or in HS's case, Craftable Card Game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
CCG - Children's card game. That's why most people call Hearthstone that (at least that's what I'd like to think).

It's a pretty normal formula for trying to get people's goat.

*Argument about Game of Thrones starts* "Oh yeah, scream at me over a TV show for horny teens."

*Argument about Soccer* "It's a sport for middle-school girls. Chill out bro."

It often works, so people keep going back to it. It usually tries to play on insecurities about things like age, gender stereotypes, and/or sexuality, since the people who are insecure about those kinds of things tend to lash out a lot.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

"With no monsters left on the field, I summon Dark Magician. Declare direct attack."
"Ah you got me!"
"Told you I was the master."

I see this commercial on YouTube constantly and I laugh every time.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
You can tell Yu-Gi-Oh can't attract children because they keep using the show from 20 years ago to sell the brand, because that's the only show their audience is actually familiar with.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Finja zoo is pretty much 100% win if you draw Finja by turn 5.

This card is going to be a real problem if one more decent murloc gets printed.

It's kind of funny that that card is turning out very patches like. Obviously not as consistent because you have to actually draw it but it's being played in a LOT of decks right now.

Dahbomb

Finja zoo is pretty much 100% win if you draw Finja by turn 5.

This card is going to be a real problem if one more decent murloc gets printed.
Turns out pulling cards from your deck and putting them in play with minimal cost is pretty good.

Like Mad Scientist and Mysterious Challenger.

It's kind of funny that that card is turning out very patches like. Obviously not as consistent because you have to actually draw it but it's being played in a LOT of decks right now.

It combines 3 very degenerate mechanics:

Stealth
Charge (because you aren't playing it without 2 Bluegills)
Pulling cards directly from your deck onto the board

If Seadevil Stinger cost one less mana or was a 2/4 instead of a 4/2 this deck would be soooooooo broken.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It combines 3 very degenerate mechanics:

Stealth
Charge (because you aren't playing it without 2 Bluegills)
Pulling cards directly from your deck onto the board

If Seadevil Stinger cost one less mana or was a 2/4 instead of a 4/2 this deck would be soooooooo broken.

If seadevil stinger weren't a murloc itself I feel like it would be slightly better with finja.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Turns out pulling cards from your deck and putting them in play with minimal cost is pretty good.

Like Mad Scientist and Mysterious Challenger.

Ayyy lmao.

You'd think they would learn about that stuff after seeing it happen a bunch of times in a row now. Although I don't know that Finja is the real problem here. It's almost certainly Murloc Warleader that is making this stuff strong. I wouldn't have shed any tears if that card went away a la Ragnaros & Sylvannas.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think the lesson that Murloc Knight, Anyfin Can Happen, and Finja have taught me is that I should never look at murlocs within the confines of existing murloc decks. Always look for the most broken or powerful synergy possible first.

joelseph

Ya'll discuss Gwent? I tried it out this weekend to see what all the hype was about. It is refreshingly different for sure. Unfortunately I found it less interactive than Hearthstone. Beyond what sequence you play your cards in, and playing around a few interactions such as scorch, the game kind of plays itself. Hoping it opens up as I unlock more cards but so far not feeling the hype.

I did like that each faction has different commanders that can change the strategic theme of your decks. Would be neat if a future Hearthstone expansion added different hero abilities for each class.

Ya'll discuss Gwent? I tried it out this weekend to see what all the hype was about. It is refreshingly different for sure. Unfortunately I found it less interactive than Hearthstone. Beyond what sequence you play your cards in, and playing around a few interactions such as scorch, the game kind of plays itself. Hoping it opens up as I unlock more cards but so far not feeling the hype.

I did like that each faction has different commanders that can change the strategic theme of your decks. Would be neat if a future Hearthstone expansion added different hero abilities for each class.

I really can't get past the terrible UI. That being said I never felt like I lost a game to some stupid RNG swing or some dumb unstoppable combo turn, which is what 75% of hearthstone games feel like these days.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Try out Eternal if you want increased interaction over hearthstone.

Pooya

I'm pretty sure if you play finja on 5 in any deck, you're something like 80 percent favored to win. It's crazy. I'm playing murloc paly this season and it just carries the deck. It's too good. I'd say it's about same as Dr. Boom if you think about it, it takes more cards of course but it's more swingy.

this set seemingly has another card to help it too. I'm pretty sure it will be the next problem card, somehow it's still not mainstream yet, I guess people don't have the card and this late into expansion not crafting, everyone kinda mocked it when it was first announced too...

Just played my first Arena run since last November. Probably my last one until next November. I'll never understand what people see in that game mode.

nowaday's being standard only, it's garbage. hope u missed MCT and love second rate bruiser. you get the same cards offered again and again.

also finja is perfectly balanced. for all the times you remember where he drug out an insane board there's a time he was the last murloc, or he was a dead 5 drop versus an aggro deck that killed you the next turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom