• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

hmmm, that actually seems relatively easy to activate. deathrattles count as summons right?
I think the biggest problem is it turns your hero power away from SMOrc by turn 5 or 6 or later when you want the non-smorc hero power early on and the smorc later on

Yes. If the card said "play" 9 beasts the quest would only trigger after playing 9 beasts from your hand and no way else, but since it says summon, it will trigger after beasts appear on your side of the board from playing them, coming from a deathrattle/battlecry/etc, and even count if your opponent plays Dirty Rat and pulls a beast. Hope this helps!

Dahbomb

Assuming that's true (which seems sketchy considering the blurriness of it):

Yay... more play on curve beast Hunter decks....

That's not a difficult condition to meet considering you can do UTH or play stuff like Rat Pack/Spider Wolf/Alley Cat to inflate the number of beasts in your deck. But is that hero power worth that much? What if it costs no mana though... then it would be crazy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I just wonder if having the ability to Adapt your minions is actually worth 2 mana per turn, and getting rid of your original hero power. The hero power does shit if you don't have a board.

Normal hero power can often win you the game with a few burn spells in hand, with this you are at the mercy of draws and keeping something on the board.

Hard to imagine that hero power being relevant by the time you've managed to summon 9 beasts. Stuff like Alleycat and Grandmother help but....I don't know, can't imagine it'll see play.

Maybe you throw it into Beast Hunter just because but screwing up your turn 1 play is much more relevant in Hunter than it is in Priest.

I also wonder if there's any chance the hero power would cost 0. Probably not likely but it would probably make it a bit more attractive.

Edit: Just saw on Reddit someone was saying they had already seen it on Hearthcards before and it's not a real card.

Pooya

Summoning 9 beasts isn't bad, highmane is like 3 itself, Rat pack can be easily 5. The reward doesn't seem very good though, adapt is powerful but when it costs 2 mana late in the game? not really. I can believe it to be true, it's similarly bad like the priest one, priest reward is strong but getting there is slow, this is the other way around. If all the quests are this slow, with Jades in the game, I'm not sure what they're thinking....

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I just wonder if having the ability to Adapt your minions is actually worth 2 mana per turn, and getting rid of your original hero power. The hero power does shit if you don't have a board.

Normal hero power can often win you the game with a few burn spells in hand, with this you are at the mercy of draws and keeping something on the board.

Combine that with the fact that you're 100% giving up your 1 drop ability and it's pretty meh. Maybe if beast hunter gets more ability to keep going later.

But if it's fake, whatever. I just wonder why it's taking so long to start doing the typical daily card release. They must be planning a release late April or later.

Pooya

the hero power is just bad, if you don't have a beast it does nothing, hero powers are supposed to be a infinite resource, this fails at that even.

In any case, you already have the best hero power as hunter, why you would want to change it to that ever? lol. It doesn't help with board control, that's what you'd want as hunter in a different hero power if you want to go there.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Play Rat Pack, Infested Wolf, Highmane, Unleash the Hounds, Call of the Wild, and Hunter can easily get 9 beasts in a game.

That reward is pretty shit, though. It turns your hero power into something that's only marginally better than Explorer's Hat. And it does so at the stage of the game where a Hunter wants to be closing out or finishing their opponent anyway. I think it's unplayable if it's true.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Almost forgot that you're not just giving up a one drop ability for quest cards, but an entire early game card draw too.

farming rank-bot wild pirate warriors is fun
kXfyTMD.png

Second arena under the new system.

I gotta admit I am a little impressed. Both runs I got at least 2 epics. Current priest run I got double shadowform which is working out really well so far. I didn't pay that much attention to the changes, but so far pretty good.

Hycran

Banned
Is now the best time to quit hearthstone? I'm really not looking forward to having to shell out 210+CAD in the next year buying expansions and for every year after that until the end of time. its a hamster wheel and I want to get off.

bjaelke

Is now the best time to quit hearthstone? I'm really not looking forward to having to shell out 210+CAD in the next year buying expansions and for every year after that until the end of time. its a hamster wheel and I want to get off.

Probably. There has never been as many viable alternatives as right now.

Magnus

Can someone help my poor brain understand again how it isn't possible to game the system and profit from Sylv and Rag going Wild?

If I craft one in golden now, that costs me 3200 dust. Then I get 3200 dust back when they go wild. Then I can DE the card for 1600 in pure profit. Right? What am I missing.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Can someone help my poor brain understand again how it isn't possible to game the system and profit from Sylv and Rag going Wild?

If I craft one in golden now, that costs me 3200 dust. Then I get 3200 dust back when they go wild. Then I can DE the card for 1600 in pure profit. Right? What am I missing.

If you have rag or sylv in non-gold you already get 1600 dust in pure proit.

If you don't already have rag or sylv then yes craft them golden.

Magnus

Why think of it that way? Are you having fun playing? Do you feel like you get $70 in value every 4 months from the game?

If not, trying going F2P or spending less. I've done well saving up to buy the majority of my packs the last expansion. I don't think I spent a single dime on Gadgetzan but I had a lot of dust from the money I spent on previous expansions to get the big cards I was missing. I imagine I'll buy in for two expansions a year and generate enough gold and dust to not need to shell out money for the third. The game is absolutely giving me $140 of fun every year.

fertygo

you can just buy pack with gold then

within 4 month pretty sure you can open about 100 pack with gold from quest that allow you play most good meta deck

Hearthstone is only hard for newbie, any vet with decent library at these time will only need get like 3-5 legendary from each expansion

I'm nowhere nearing complete library but at this point I feel only need around 10k within expansion interval to enjoy most meta deck, which is very doable every 4 month.

fertygo

Toast already very goddamn popular, he average 10k viewer

surprised he bother going to that major, because its not like he compete for hct, he never bother chase high legend finish, unless he want to start now.

Magnus

If you have rag or sylv in non-gold you already get 1600 dust in pure proit.

If you don't already have rag or sylv then yes craft them golden.

Oh. Fuck right. So I would get 1600 in profit from the golden crafting process, but then wouldn't get 1600 from having reg Syl/Rag already.

But it's a way to get a free golden for Wild mode I guess...?

Fewr

Hearthstone is only hard for newbie, any vet with decent library at these time will only need get like 3-5 legendary from each expansion
From what I've been reading, this is true.
I was thinking I'd have to spend $$ on a monthly basis to catch up, otherwise I'd have a hard and frustrating time for a while.

I don't want to be the best, just not get completely wiped out with my basic decks and have a good enough arsenal to try different things.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

I've been considering it myself, mostly after too many balance disappointments.

I'm holding off on the preorder until I see the full set.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Oh. Fuck right. So I would get 1600 in profit from the golden crafting process, but then wouldn't get 1600 from having reg Syl/Rag already.

But it's a way to get a free golden for Wild mode I guess...?

That still costs you 1200 dust over just keeping your normal rag or sylv. It's a discount on a golden version though.

My personal quitting time is as soon as they nerf another interesting combo piece. I'm standing on a big fence and the side I end up on is going to be determined by whether Blizzard can make a game that isn't just playing variations of midrange and aggro.

Magnus

That still costs you 1200 dust over just keeping your normal rag or sylv. It's a discount on a golden version though.

I'm missing something. How is it a cost?

You pay 3200 to craft a golden. You get that 3200 refunded in addition to keeping the card. Free golden legendary. I suppose there's an opportunity refund lost of 1600 free dust from the lost refund on your regular card. But you dust that and get 400.

Oh. I see how you got the 1200 figure. Lol

I'm really enjoying playing Gwent/Duelyst right now and I don't think I'm going to come back to hearthstone much, if at all. Mechanically those games are just so much more detailed and complex that it opens up all kinds of interesting decision making that you just don't get in hearthstone. Hell, the literal format of a Gwent match involves more strategy than almost anything in Hearthstone.

Gwent is very boring. If I played another card game right now that Would be eternal

To be fair, I don't have nearly enough Gwent cards to get a good understanding of what full collection games play like at a high level; if it gets really rote at that point I'll take your word for it (but even if it does it's no worse than how HS plays imo). I do love their best of 3-match format and think it adds a lot to your decision-making as you have to carefully weigh your resource/card consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom